HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All hands on Deck

Old
06-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
What the hell. That is perhaps the worse example.

I'm sure the Pens are happy to have Crosby&Malkin. The Hawks are pretty stoked about Toews as well. What about the Lightning and Stamkos? Can't we be allowed to be a bit optimistic for once?
I'm not being pessimistic. I'm just saying a top pic doesn't always guaranty a franchise player. If you want more recent example, you can look at Pouliot.

I can't understand why people are jumping on me today for stating facts. I can sit and give you all sorts of examples not to count your eggs before they hatch but then again someone will just pick at something else I say and try and turn it into something negative.

I think the Habs 2 first picks are going to be big pieces in their rebuilding. I really liked Collberg too. He looks like a real steal at 33rd overall. But I also think that sitting spending hours watching a sucky team formed and constructed by Gauthier for a whole season doesn't really make the first round pick so great either.

I believe in the silver lining and my hopes and expectations for this draft are high. But the price was heavy. I don't watch hockey to pick up good draft positions. I watch hockey hoping to see a parade on St-Catherines.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:06 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Sticking with the pro-Gauthier narrative I see. This pains me.
Not "pro-gauthier" more like "pro-intelligent thought".

You can't see the difference between the team gainey left us with to the direction gauthier was moving, THAT pains me.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

You can't see the difference between the team gainey left us with to the direction gauthier was moving, THAT pains me.
Yes, he left us the team that finished last in the Eastern conference. Continue.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:45 PM
1UP

Bad journalistic piece.

Fun read for a victory starved fan.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:58 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Whiskey really, really doesn't like fluff pieces.
Fluff pieces ***** my mother and broke my father's shop's windows.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
That's an opinion piece, not a "news article". Wilde is just as big a fan as us, and he's in love with what Marc Bergevin has done.

He's not getting paid for those write-ups.
Bingo! But hey, it's so much more fun having the HF Boards wolfpack jump on it hiding behind a computer in their underwear...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Montreal4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Whiskey really, really doesn't like fluff pieces.
I guess he should avoid posting about it. If he is so incensed about that type of posts, he should (as well as all of us) refrain from posting ANYTHING on the Internet (please don't whiskey, I actually enjoy your posts)

Montreal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 02:36 AM
clownquestionbro*

Quote:

Is pierre gauthier your father? serious question here.

clownquestionbro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 02:46 AM
hockeyman*

Quote:
That was funny.

It is going to take time to right this ship after a tsunami of incompetence.

Bergevin consulting with heads of hockey operations. Gauthier consulting with heads of lettuce.

Gold
I hope it was romaine.

hockeyman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 02:52 AM
LyricalLyricist

We're getting riled up over this? He's right, but it's a blog anyway. If you don't like it, don't read it. Every real fan knew this a while back. I didn't find it useful but 95% of articles on sports are a joke anyway.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 04:24 AM
EmelinHipCheck

I'm with OneSharpMarble on the Gauthier issue. He was handcuffed from day 1 with the big contracts. Cole, Price, Desharnais, Diaz, Emelin playing in Montreal were his decision. All of his trades were good ideas but some just didn't pay off because the players he traded for decided to act like lazy bums. Gainey **** the bed, and Gauthier being his mentor tried to clean it up. He couldn't, i can't really blame him. Lots of blind hate towards this guy.

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:57 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Things started looking up when Molson brought back L'Oreille.

Seriously, that was the omen.
I was there the first time it went on ... Eller's 4 goal night ... 3 row from the boards

Best night of my life

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:09 AM
shortcat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
That's some lame, juvenile writing by Wilde, waste of an article really. He got paid for that too, geez.
Is there not place for simply expressing a feeling, a point of view, etc. Does an article always have to be a source of new information? a teaching tool?

I have no problems with the article itself. It's simply the guy stating how he feels about the situation. And that's fine with me.

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

He makes a good point but I don't like the way he says it. Just like everything he says.

I followed him on twitter and he takes advantage of his large-ish number of followers by tweeting his crappy opinions. I don't care about your political views, I care about what you have to say about hockey. It ended up not being worth it to follow him because every other tweet pissed me off.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:43 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Lol I remember Wilde crying that Bergevin got GM over Pierre McGuire now he loves MB.. Wilde is a joke and its hard to take anything he does seriously.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Andy

I wonder how long it will take before Wilde writes a piece whining about Bergevin.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:56 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Yes, he left us the team that finished last in the Eastern conference. Continue.
Martin did that and if I recall correctly he was hired by gainey. I wonder if you will still be whining about Gauthier when you dawn your Galchenyuk/Collberg/Thrower/Bozon jersy.

Pretty damn obvious coaching was the issue, Gauthier gave martin a chance and he **** the bed to the point the season was lost. He made a concious decision to sacrifice a lost season for the betterment of the team and so far it looks like a good decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Lol I remember Wilde crying that Bergevin got GM over Pierre McGuire now he loves MB.. Wilde is a joke and its hard to take anything he does seriously.
Most of this forum wanted Mcguire, then mcguire wanted to trade subban to move up 2 spots in the draft and those people just sorta disappeared lol

Old
06-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Martin did that and if I recall correctly he was hired by gainey. I wonder if you will still be whining about Gauthier when you dawn your Galchenyuk/Collberg/Thrower/Bozon jersy.

Pretty damn obvious coaching was the issue, Gauthier gave martin a chance and he **** the bed to the point the season was lost. He made a concious decision to sacrifice a lost season for the betterment of the team and so far it looks like a good decision.

Most of this forum wanted Mcguire, then mcguire wanted to trade subban to move up 2 spots in the draft and those people just sorta disappeared lol
Coaching was in no way the issue it was the drain of talent . Gauthier was a train wreck every move , to give him credit for picks selected by another gm from good draft position brought about by his stewarding the team to last place is twisted.

You may want to bring yourself up to date on the McGuire file it has long been confirmed he made no such comments as you attribute to him.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Aeneas

If anyone follows Wilde on twitter they know he doesnt really break news, or have stories on players ( like stubbs ),He doesnt really have a hockey mind beyond the average fan either. He states his opinions on Habs related topics and happens to be employed by CTV which gives a sense of credibility.

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Lol, Gauthier helped create Gainey's mess. How long must we go on with this deluded notion that he had nothing to do with the Gainey era's failures?

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 05:33 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Coaching was in no way the issue it was the drain of talent . Gauthier was a train wreck every move , to give him credit for picks selected by another gm from good draft position brought about by his stewarding the team to last place is twisted.

You may want to bring yourself up to date on the McGuire file it has long been confirmed he made no such comments as you attribute to him.
Wow, do you even follow the habs? I mean I am use to seeing blatantly ignorant nonsense but this just takes the cake.

Drain of talent! lol You mean like Pacioretty, Cole and DD lighting the NHL on fire? Or maybe Price not playing up to your standards? All of the talent was there and Martin was the ******* steering it into an iceberg.

Cole, Price, Desharnais, Diaz, Emelin were all train wreaks? Dumping Cammy for a high second and a talented youngster in Holland is a train wreak? How about shipping out plugs like AKost and Gill while acquiring more picks that allowed us to draft Dalton Thrower? Or maybe when he didn't sacrifice the future of the team to try and claw into 8th place this year?

Maybe you were joking but this kind of junk is hard to take seriously.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Wow, do you even follow the habs? I mean I am use to seeing blatantly ignorant nonsense but this just takes the cake.

Drain of talent! lol You mean like Pacioretty, Cole and DD lighting the NHL on fire? Or maybe Price not playing up to your standards? All of the talent was there and Martin was the ******* steering it into an iceberg.

Cole, Price, Desharnais, Diaz, Emelin were all train wreaks? Dumping Cammy for a high second and a talented youngster in Holland is a train wreak? How about shipping out plugs like AKost and Gill while acquiring more picks that allowed us to draft Dalton Thrower? Or maybe when he didn't sacrifice the future of the team to try and claw into 8th place this year?

Maybe you were joking but this kind of junk is hard to take seriously.
There is a 23 man roster . When you have 3 or 4 good ones it puts you in 28th place .

I see this argument all the time from people experienced enough to know better . They Name 4 good players and it somehow proves everyone but the coach is doing their job well and the team is competitive.

The roster has a lot of problems and holes . The farm team was terrible. The prospect pool has been evaluated by professionals who agree it is also near the bottom . That all has nothing to do with jacques Martin the architect was the person you seem to be defending against criticism .

There aren't too many people who still don't realize where the errors of the past originated. Seems you like belonging to that group though.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 06:03 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
There is a 23 man roster . When you have 3 or 4 good ones it puts you in 28th place .

I see this argument all the time from people experienced enough to know better . They Name 4 good players and it somehow proves everyone but the coach is doing their job well and the team is competitive.

The roster has a lot of problems and holes . The farm team was terrible. The prospect pool has been evaluated by professionals who agree it is also near the bottom . That all has nothing to do with jacques Martin the architect was the person you seem to be defending against criticism .

There aren't too many people who still don't realize where the errors of the past originated. Seems you like belonging to that group though.
3 or 4 good ones? We got strong performances from most of the team. When you are forced to play a terrible style and have almost zero strategy on the powerplay that is not the fault of the players. Martin was a joke, the team suffered from his overly defensive style. He was outcoached on a regular basis, the game has easily passed him by.

How do you blame gauthier for the powerplay being one of the most anemic messes in the nhl? Gauthiers biggest mistake was not firing martin immediatly after witnessing halak drag this team through the playoffs and martin sit on the bench looking clueless the entire time. No strategy just go out there and pray for a rebound boys, Halak will save us.

I wonder which group you belong to, it must be the group that was so busy preaching gaineys greatness you didn't notice him dismantling the team. Now you try and pass it all off like gauthier was some kind of evil puppeteer pulling "In Bob we trust" Gaineys strings.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Teufelsdreck

Some of the fans who express mindless rancor toward Gauthier are drama queens. He wasn't primarily responsible for the sad state of the Habs. I look past him to the shadow of Gainey, who made some awful decisions, starting with his replacement of Julien with Carbonneau and continuing with his massive overhaul that saddled the Habs with awful contracts. Gainey even partially undid what Timmins was accomplishing.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing View Post
I'm with OneSharpMarble on the Gauthier issue. He was handcuffed from day 1 with the big contracts. Cole, Price, Desharnais, Diaz, Emelin playing in Montreal were his decision. All of his trades were good ideas but some just didn't pay off because the players he traded for decided to act like lazy bums. Gainey **** the bed, and Gauthier being his mentor tried to clean it up. He couldn't, i can't really blame him. Lots of blind hate towards this guy.
Gainey's biggest mistake was leaving the director of pro scouing in place after signing off on trading Mike Ribiero for a guy who could no longer skate. Same guy who would later sign off on getting rid of McDonagh and Higgins for Scott Gomez.

But yeah, what does any of that have to do with Gauthier?

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote