HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Radulov back to the KHL

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2012, 03:46 PM
  #101
bostone737
Registered User
 
bostone737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,057
vCash: 500
justin schultz gets 14 thread on him for going to college, but this guy..... This guy is actual Ahole

bostone737 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
  #102
TheYuleGoat
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 122
vCash: 500


Ridiculous the amount of hate he gets. I'd gladly take him on the Wings on a 1 year contract. But if money's important to him, that 12 million must really be tempting and I can't blame him. Whatever he ends up doing, I wish the best of luck to him.

TheYuleGoat is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 04:27 PM
  #103
jarmoismyhero
Registered User
 
jarmoismyhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
justin schultz gets 14 thread on him for going to college, but this guy..... This guy is actual Ahole
How are they really that much different aside from one being Canadian and one Russian?

One choose to not play for the team that drafted him at all and the other left during his ELC to go back home and play for more money and is now doing the same as a FA.

Neither player did anything against the rules. The they both exploited the system to there advantage.

jarmoismyhero is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 04:40 PM
  #104
MakeTheGoalsLarger
Registered User
 
MakeTheGoalsLarger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
I don't get why some say good riddance

losing a player like him only makes the NHL a little less exciting overall

MakeTheGoalsLarger is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:12 PM
  #105
bostone737
Registered User
 
bostone737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
How are they really that much different aside from one being Canadian and one Russian?

One choose to not play for the team that drafted him at all and the other left during his ELC to go back home and play for more money and is now doing the same as a FA.

Neither player did anything against the rules. The they both exploited the system to there advantage.
ummm..... I don't know, maybe one went and got an education?

bostone737 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:44 PM
  #106
tmunnuch
Registered User
 
tmunnuch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 889
vCash: 500
The guy is an embarrassment to the sport. Just a shameful player. And he also hates education. My blood boils thinking about this man walking the earth.

tmunnuch is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 07:50 PM
  #107
GaryU
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Schaumburg,Il
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmunnuch View Post
The guy is an embarrassment to the sport. Just a shameful player. And he also hates education. My blood boils thinking about this man walking the earth.
That might be a little over the top...If Radulov never makes it back to the major league, not sure it will change anybody's life...

GaryU is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 07:52 PM
  #108
RaskY
GLG
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 10,851
vCash: 500
It's his life, and all of you are judging it, even though you know nothing about him. And he's the arrogant, shameful, moron.

RaskY is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 07:52 PM
  #109
jarmoismyhero
Registered User
 
jarmoismyhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
ummm..... I don't know, maybe one went and got an education?
And one went and got more money. They both did what was best for themselves. And could care less about the team that drafted them. If you think this was just about a education then why did he not sign with the team that drafted him?

jarmoismyhero is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:04 PM
  #110
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU View Post
That might be a little over the top...If Radulov never makes it back to the major league, not sure it will change anybody's life...
I don't think he'd have thrown the "he hates education" part in there if he wasn't sarcastic.

Halpysback is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:04 PM
  #111
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
It's his life, and all of you are judging it, even though you know nothing about him. And he's the arrogant, shameful, moron.
Well, yeah, that's how it's supposed to work, right

Halpysback is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:10 PM
  #112
bostone737
Registered User
 
bostone737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
And one went and got more money. They both did what was best for themselves. And could care less about the team that drafted them. If you think this was just about a education then why did he not sign with the team that drafted him?
not really sure how to respond to this... one got an education, one went for money

bostone737 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:15 PM
  #113
jarmoismyhero
Registered User
 
jarmoismyhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
not really sure how to respond to this... one got an education, one went for money
And both screwed the teams that drafted them. It does not matter if one went for a education, he still screwed the team that drafted him. Hell I understand Radulov going to the KHL for more money then I do Schultz finishing college and then becoming a UFA. Either way it does not matter to each their own.

Bottom line is both players did what was best for themselves. With no loyalty to the team that drafted them. How do you not see how the 2 are not all that different?

jarmoismyhero is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:15 PM
  #114
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
not really sure how to respond to this... one got an education, one went for money
Education is the only avenue in western society to make money.

So what's your point?

Alchemy is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:18 PM
  #115
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,233
vCash: 500
Has he signed anywhere yet ?

IHaveNoCreativity is online now  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:19 PM
  #116
jarmoismyhero
Registered User
 
jarmoismyhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Has he signed anywhere yet ?
Not that I am aware of but I am just going under the assumption he will be signing in the KHL for the 6 mill or whatever it was.

jarmoismyhero is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:20 PM
  #117
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
not really sure how to respond to this... one got an education, one went for money
So you're saying Schultz is more noble in screwing his team over than Radulov, who actually gave them something as opposed to nothing?

Also, if you really think top tier student athletes get all that "educated" in 4 years at undergrad, you either have a stake in propagating that bull**** or I have a bridge to sell you. When you're a college athletics star who spends most of their free time training, education isn't really the main thing you spend the rest of your time on

Halpysback is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:23 PM
  #118
Kearns
Bo Knows Hockey
 
Kearns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
Is there any speculation of NHL interest in this guy at all? Or is it a done deal that he is back in the KHL next year? Anyone?

Kearns is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:24 PM
  #119
jarmoismyhero
Registered User
 
jarmoismyhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearns View Post
Is there any speculation of NHL interest in this guy at all? Or is it a done deal that he is back in the KHL next year? Anyone?
Until/Unless he comes out and states he wants to play in the NHL this year I don't see anybody offering anything for him just so he can bolt. But that is just speculation on my part.

jarmoismyhero is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:29 PM
  #120
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
not really sure how to respond to this... one got an education, one went for money
Schultz didn't have to screw over Anaheim in order to get an education. Thousands of hockey players before him have graduated from college while not screwing the team that drafted them. Him wanting an education has nothing to do with it.

Anyway not really sure how this relates to Radulov.

Paranoid Android is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:29 PM
  #121
Kearns
Bo Knows Hockey
 
Kearns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Until/Unless he comes out and states he wants to play in the NHL this year I don't see anybody offering anything for him just so he can bolt. But that is just speculation on my part.
Fair enough. Strange that there is no rumor at all about an NHL GM at least having interest. Personally, I do not think he is the villian that he's made out to be. A couple years in the same dressing room with Dats might work.

Kearns is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:32 PM
  #122
jarmoismyhero
Registered User
 
jarmoismyhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearns View Post
Fair enough. Strange that there is no rumor at all about an NHL GM at least having interest. Personally, I do not think he is the villian that he's made out to be. A couple years in the same dressing room with Dats might work.
It will be interesting to see if he goes to the KHL next year and then comes back as a FA to see how the GM's would react as far as contract offers.

jarmoismyhero is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:35 PM
  #123
Broom of the System
Registered User
 
Broom of the System's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
It will be interesting to see if he goes to the KHL next year and then comes back as a FA to see how the GM's would react as far as contract offers.
He'll still be an RFA next July 1st...

Broom of the System is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:40 PM
  #124
Kearns
Bo Knows Hockey
 
Kearns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
God knows nobody is looking at me to fill an NHL GM spot. Still, If I am a GM of a team with strong leadership in the room, I look at signing the guy to a 3yr - 9 million deal. Yes, he can get more in the KHL, at least double, but from what I understand the health care is not great in the Russian league. Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh? What would it cost to trade for the right to sign him?

Kearns is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:45 PM
  #125
jarmoismyhero
Registered User
 
jarmoismyhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
He'll still be an RFA next July 1st...
I thought one more year in KHL took him to UFA status. My bad.

jarmoismyhero is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.