HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Radulov back to the KHL

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 03:46 PM
bostone737

vCash: 500
justin schultz gets 14 thread on him for going to college, but this guy..... This guy is actual Ahole

Old
06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
TheYuleGoat

Ridiculous the amount of hate he gets. I'd gladly take him on the Wings on a 1 year contract. But if money's important to him, that 12 million must really be tempting and I can't blame him. Whatever he ends up doing, I wish the best of luck to him.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:27 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
justin schultz gets 14 thread on him for going to college, but this guy..... This guy is actual Ahole
How are they really that much different aside from one being Canadian and one Russian?

One choose to not play for the team that drafted him at all and the other left during his ELC to go back home and play for more money and is now doing the same as a FA.

Neither player did anything against the rules. The they both exploited the system to there advantage.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:40 PM
MakeTheGoalsLarger

I don't get why some say good riddance

losing a player like him only makes the NHL a little less exciting overall

Old
06-30-2012, 05:12 PM
bostone737

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
How are they really that much different aside from one being Canadian and one Russian?

One choose to not play for the team that drafted him at all and the other left during his ELC to go back home and play for more money and is now doing the same as a FA.

Neither player did anything against the rules. The they both exploited the system to there advantage.
ummm..... I don't know, maybe one went and got an education?

Old
06-30-2012, 05:44 PM
tmunnuch

The guy is an embarrassment to the sport. Just a shameful player. And he also hates education. My blood boils thinking about this man walking the earth.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:50 PM
GaryU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmunnuch View Post
The guy is an embarrassment to the sport. Just a shameful player. And he also hates education. My blood boils thinking about this man walking the earth.
That might be a little over the top...If Radulov never makes it back to the major league, not sure it will change anybody's life...

Old
06-30-2012, 07:52 PM
RaskY
GLG

It's his life, and all of you are judging it, even though you know nothing about him. And he's the arrogant, shameful, moron.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:52 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
ummm..... I don't know, maybe one went and got an education?
And one went and got more money. They both did what was best for themselves. And could care less about the team that drafted them. If you think this was just about a education then why did he not sign with the team that drafted him?

Old
06-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU View Post
That might be a little over the top...If Radulov never makes it back to the major league, not sure it will change anybody's life...
I don't think he'd have thrown the "he hates education" part in there if he wasn't sarcastic.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
It's his life, and all of you are judging it, even though you know nothing about him. And he's the arrogant, shameful, moron.
Well, yeah, that's how it's supposed to work, right

Old
06-30-2012, 08:10 PM
bostone737

Quote:
And one went and got more money. They both did what was best for themselves. And could care less about the team that drafted them. If you think this was just about a education then why did he not sign with the team that drafted him?
not really sure how to respond to this... one got an education, one went for money

Old
06-30-2012, 08:15 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
not really sure how to respond to this... one got an education, one went for money
And both screwed the teams that drafted them. It does not matter if one went for a education, he still screwed the team that drafted him. Hell I understand Radulov going to the KHL for more money then I do Schultz finishing college and then becoming a UFA. Either way it does not matter to each their own.

Bottom line is both players did what was best for themselves. With no loyalty to the team that drafted them. How do you not see how the 2 are not all that different?

Old
06-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Education is the only avenue in western society to make money.

So what's your point?

Old
06-30-2012, 08:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Has he signed anywhere yet ?

Old
06-30-2012, 08:19 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Has he signed anywhere yet ?
Not that I am aware of but I am just going under the assumption he will be signing in the KHL for the 6 mill or whatever it was.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
So you're saying Schultz is more noble in screwing his team over than Radulov, who actually gave them something as opposed to nothing?

Also, if you really think top tier student athletes get all that "educated" in 4 years at undergrad, you either have a stake in propagating that bull**** or I have a bridge to sell you. When you're a college athletics star who spends most of their free time training, education isn't really the main thing you spend the rest of your time on

Old
06-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Kearns
Bo Knows Hockey

Is there any speculation of NHL interest in this guy at all? Or is it a done deal that he is back in the KHL next year? Anyone?

Old
06-30-2012, 08:24 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearns View Post
Is there any speculation of NHL interest in this guy at all? Or is it a done deal that he is back in the KHL next year? Anyone?
Until/Unless he comes out and states he wants to play in the NHL this year I don't see anybody offering anything for him just so he can bolt. But that is just speculation on my part.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Schultz didn't have to screw over Anaheim in order to get an education. Thousands of hockey players before him have graduated from college while not screwing the team that drafted them. Him wanting an education has nothing to do with it.

Anyway not really sure how this relates to Radulov.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Kearns
Bo Knows Hockey

Quote:
Until/Unless he comes out and states he wants to play in the NHL this year I don't see anybody offering anything for him just so he can bolt. But that is just speculation on my part.
Fair enough. Strange that there is no rumor at all about an NHL GM at least having interest. Personally, I do not think he is the villian that he's made out to be. A couple years in the same dressing room with Dats might work.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:32 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearns View Post
Fair enough. Strange that there is no rumor at all about an NHL GM at least having interest. Personally, I do not think he is the villian that he's made out to be. A couple years in the same dressing room with Dats might work.
It will be interesting to see if he goes to the KHL next year and then comes back as a FA to see how the GM's would react as far as contract offers.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if he goes to the KHL next year and then comes back as a FA to see how the GM's would react as far as contract offers.
He'll still be an RFA next July 1st...

Old
06-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Kearns
Bo Knows Hockey

God knows nobody is looking at me to fill an NHL GM spot. Still, If I am a GM of a team with strong leadership in the room, I look at signing the guy to a 3yr - 9 million deal. Yes, he can get more in the KHL, at least double, but from what I understand the health care is not great in the Russian league. Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh? What would it cost to trade for the right to sign him?

Old
06-30-2012, 08:45 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
He'll still be an RFA next July 1st...
I thought one more year in KHL took him to UFA status. My bad.

Closed Thread