HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: Same ********, Different 2 Weeks

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Naurutger
Drives To Far

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Sometimes I think I'm the selected token guy over there because I can put up with it better than most. Nine years of moderating political boards on AOL (when they HAD boards) sorta helps thicken the skin some.
Well just know your work is enjoyable. Being able to show a level head in the open highways of the internet is a valuable skill. I try to limit my posts to article links so if people disagree, I can blame the author

Old
06-28-2012, 09:37 PM
drgregg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... and what a shame that is. That you guys (& gals) have all been driven out & silenced by the murmurings of fevered Relocationists. Cant say I blame you one bit. The business boards loss. All of your in-put was/is important, vital. However, if members cant treat one another respectfully, with empathy & understanding, if its all about "win", kicking people in the teeth when their already down, no thanks. On behalf of right thinking Canadians everywhere, I apologize. Leave it up to you guys to mark the cards of your fellow Americans who have also heaped on.
Thanks man, as a fellow right thinking Canuck I agree with you. As a fanbase we couldn't be more facedown in the dirt than we currently are and have been for the last 3 years. Soon it will all be over and we can get back to thinking about hockey only. I can't wait to see what Maloney will do when he no longer has to tee off from the parking lot.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Naurutger
Drives To Far

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
Clown, I have really enjoyed reading your posts and am so glad that you joined the community here. You are a funny, intelligent, and insiteful poster.
Ditto, although I was curious who this new poster was at first...I was like how did they know clowns would be all the rage seven months before the questions were asked

Old
06-28-2012, 09:39 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Sometimes I think I'm the selected token guy over there because I can put up with it better than most. Nine years of moderating political boards on AOL (when they HAD boards) sorta helps thicken the skin some.

But for the most part... many of them know I try to keep open minded about everything.
Wow, I had always assumed that being a mod here would be a dog's breakfast; I can't even imagine moderating a politics boards. You are either a masochist or have nerves of steel. Either way, tons of respect.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:44 PM
PhoPhan

Folks. You know where the BoH board is. If you want to talk about it, do it there, unless it's about moderation, in which case keep it to PMs. Please get back on topic.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:41 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Thank you much for the support and compliments. I've been in an airplane over the pacific the past five hours and wasnt sure if anything Important would happen in that time. Being in Hawaii the past month made me feel so out of it. I'd get up in the morning only to find my twitter feed abuzz with stuff, as if life were going on without me back in AZ! It was kind of nice to wake up this morning to some not horrible news for a change!

And I hear that the team is posting a position for corporate sponsorship marketing person. Since we know that QC would never need to market a team, I'll take that as a good sign.

Hawaii was nice. But the thing I missed the most was playing hockey. I took my stick with me and practiced stickhandling a bit, but I am SO looking forward to getting on the ice again!

Old
06-29-2012, 12:03 AM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
Thank you much for the support and compliments. I've been in an airplane over the pacific the past five hours and wasnt sure if anything Important would happen in that time. Being in Hawaii the past month made me feel so out of it. I'd get up in the morning only to find my twitter feed abuzz with stuff, as if life were going on without me back in AZ! It was kind of nice to wake up this morning to some not horrible news for a change!

And I hear that the team is posting a position for corporate sponsorship marketing person. Since we know that QC would never need to market a team, I'll take that as a good sign.

Hawaii was nice. But the thing I missed the most was playing hockey. I took my stick with me and practiced stickhandling a bit, but I am SO looking forward to getting on the ice again!
Welcome home.

I had read about the position (rt, give them a resume) and that is good news. Also, IMO good news about the signatures. Will anyone here be going over them?

Old
06-29-2012, 12:19 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I just want to say I'm glad you finally started posting drgregg. You have the longest most impressive lurking resume I've ever heard of and its nice to finally get your input. Also, I want to apologize for subjecting you to thirty Kay worth of posting from myself. Haha.

06-29-2012, 01:29 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
Thanks man, as a fellow right thinking Canuck I agree with you. As a fanbase we couldn't be more facedown in the dirt than we currently are and have been for the last 3 years. Soon it will all be over and we can get back to thinking about hockey only. I can't wait to see what Maloney will do when he no longer has to tee off from the parking lot.
Think only about hockey? That would be so weird. Ive only been a fan since October, of hockey AND the coyotes. I simply can't imagine what it would be like to go to a game and NOT be thinking about the ownership issue.

To be able to only focus on the game...that seems so strange. Like finding out one morning that you were actually adopted and your real dad was the president, and he wants you to move in to the white house with him. Yeah, it would be that weird.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine

Quote:
Cheering us up, OA???

We need a good whippin' post around here and since Dustin Brown just flops too much, it might as well be Mr. MakeItSeven.
why not? I've been astonished at the missteps of RIM. Clearly somebody didn't have their eye on the ball. felt the need to post the news somewhere

the journal article had a few funnies

Quote:
Mr. Balsillie, who came aboard in 1992 after having explored a takeover bid for the company, and Mr. Lazaridis became Canada's best-known billionaires, each funneling chunks of wealth to pet projects. Mr. Lazaridis built a theoretical-physics institute. Mr. Balsillie started a school for global governance and tried unsuccessfully to buy three professional hockey teams.
Quote:
At an investor meeting about a decade ago, analysts asked Mr. Lazaridis whether RIM was moving to a color screen, a feature popping up on devices in Asia. "Do I need to read my email in color?" he replied, according to Brian Blair, then an analyst with Banc of America Securities.
Quote:
RIM executives also missed some internal warnings. The sales division produced a research report in 2010 on the future of tactile keyboards, the thumb-friendly feature that was a favorite in the early days of the BlackBerry. The report warned that in the era of Apple's touch-only devices, keyboards would make up a diminishing share of the market, according to a person familiar with it, who said the warning was ignored.
and then there was that part about how they didn't view the iphone as a threat

jackasses

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...583090408.html

Old
06-30-2012, 12:26 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OthmarAmmann View Post
why not? I've been astonished at the missteps of RIM. Clearly somebody didn't have their eye on the ball. felt the need to post the news somewhere

the journal article had a few funnies

and then there was that part about how they didn't view the iphone as a threat

jackasses

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...583090408.html
They got arrogant and paid the price. They weren't the first though. Won't be the last either.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:54 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
They got arrogant and paid the price. They weren't the first though. Won't be the last either.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:26 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Auditions for the Paw Patrol will be July 28 at Jobing. I expect to see some men on the paw patrol this year, there are lots of women in the audience who could use some eye candy. So who is going to audition?

In other news, Darren Dreger had a twitterfit over Joyce Clark banning Canadian users from her Twitter feed. She then RT some of the truly vile stuff that was being sent to her, which made it abundantly clear why she didn't want to see that stuff. No apology or even acknowledgement of that, though. You can read about it here. I've discussed this personally with Clark and this isn't even the tip of the iceberg - it's been going on for several weeks now.

Oh, and Lisa Halverstadt is working on something about the PAC and informglendale.com site. For all of the press the GWI gets, it would be nice to see the other side get a little recognition by the media!

Old
06-30-2012, 12:48 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Auditions for the Paw Patrol will be July 28 at Jobing. I expect to see some men on the paw patrol this year, there are lots of women in the audience who could use some eye candy. So who is going to audition?

I do not want to see any guys in those Paw Patrol outfits...

In fact I miss the nice looking ladies who usd to clean the ice. Now we have guys who look like they drink too much Pabst Blue Ribbon out there.

Quote:

In other news, Darren Dreger had a twitterfit over Joyce Clark banning Canadian users from her Twitter feed. She then RT some of the truly vile stuff that was being sent to her, which made it abundantly clear why she didn't want to see that stuff. No apology or even acknowledgement of that, though. You can read about it here. I've discussed this personally with Clark and this isn't even the tip of the iceberg - it's been going on for several weeks now.
Twitter. 'Nuff said.

Quote:
Oh, and Lisa Halverstadt is working on something about the PAC and informglendale.com site. For all of the press the GWI gets, it would be nice to see the other side get a little recognition by the media!

Mass media tends to sell the short simple dumb panic now version. Less taxes, more prisons, less gov'mint, deport the aliens...lock your doors some guy escaped a prison 230 miles from Phoenix and he may be headed your way*.

*Lock your doors is good advice, whether a guy broke out of a distant prison or not. So many home invasions in the news...just doesn't make sense to leave the house open.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:06 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
I do not want to see any guys in those Paw Patrol outfits...

In fact I miss the nice looking ladies who usd to clean the ice. Now we have guys who look like they drink too much Pabst Blue Ribbon out there.

Twitter. 'Nuff said.

Mass media tends to sell the short simple dumb panic now version. Less taxes, more prisons, less gov'mint, deport the aliens...lock your doors some guy escaped a prison 230 miles from Phoenix and he may be headed your way*.

*Lock your doors is good advice, whether a guy broke out of a distant prison or not. So many home invasions in the news...just doesn't make sense to leave the house open.
I always leave my car doors unlocked. House? ALWAYS locked!!! I have a few "presents" if someone breaks into my house.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:13 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I've never underatood why people are concerned about their vehicle being stolen.

Take it. I dont care. I've got insurance and they'll give me a new one.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I've never underatood why people are concerned about their vehicle being stolen.... Take it. I dont care. I've got insurance and they'll give me a new one.
... yer lucky you dont live in Vancouver rt. Ive had 4 cars stolen & innumerable break-in's, smashed windows & trashed interiors over the past 10yrs alone. Heroin & kRak running through the streets of Vancouver like the Mighty Niagara. And how do they feed their in some cases $400 a day habits?. Vehicle & property theft. My homes been broken into & trashed as well, 7 times over the past 10yrs. One time by a coupla junkies who cut themselves while getting in, got caught by the Cops, both HIV positive, blood everywhere.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:56 PM
doaner

Quote:
I've never underatood why people are concerned about their vehicle being stolen.

Same theory.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:20 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
... yer lucky you dont live in Vancouver rt. Ive had 4 cars stolen & innumerable break-in's, smashed windows & trashed interiors over the past 10yrs alone. Heroin & kRak running through the streets of Vancouver like the Mighty Niagara. And how do they feed their in some cases $400 a day habits?. Vehicle & property theft. My homes been broken into & trashed as well, 7 times over the past 10yrs. One time by a coupla junkies who cut themselves while getting in, got caught by the Cops, both HIV positive, blood everywhere.
Haha. That's not Vancouver that's Escape From Los Angeles. Who would've guessed Killion's true identity is Snake Blisken.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:

It highly depends on the vehicle you have and the condition it's in...a couple of examples: ...continued in OT thread

Old
06-30-2012, 06:06 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

I don't know if anyone has been out to Westgate recently, but that place was PACKED last night. Nearly every bar, the movie theater, you name it, was nuts to butts practically. It was awesome to see so many people out and about. If Jamison can put even a little bit of money into the mall area, it's going to blossom into one of the major night life spots in the Valley. Couple that with the entertainment value and the Coyotes, and there's money to made. Book it.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:10 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave21 View Post
I don't know if anyone has been out to Westgate recently, but that place was PACKED last night. Nearly every bar, the movie theater, you name it, was nuts to butts practically. It was awesome to see so many people out and about. If Jamison can put even a little bit of money into the mall area, it's going to blossom into one of the major night life spots in the Valley. Couple that with the entertainment value and the Coyotes, and there's money to made. Book it.
Well, in the west valley, what else is there? My friend that lives in surprise always winds up going out to Westgate on weekends to go out for drinks. I lived in Avondale before that area was built, but there was nothing out there. I used to go to Friday's across the street from Applebee's on McDowell just because I live 2 blocks away for the most part. For all the people that live out there, and in Buckeye, it could be a good opportunity down the road for sure. The crappy economy hasn't helped the situation, but when the economy turns around, that is the hub for the west valley no?

Old
06-30-2012, 07:43 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Yes, it is. I live in surprise and there is nothing like westgate. We have one cinema and just got a bowling alley. Pretty much that's it, unless you count chilis and Applebee's.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:54 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Chili's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Applebee's

Old
06-30-2012, 08:57 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Killy..... this isn't one of your old school photos is it??

Closed Thread