HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brodeur?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2012, 01:09 PM
  #1
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,850
vCash: 500
Brodeur?

Dunno why a couple friends are telling me they heard about Martin Brodeur comin to South FL...can anyone provide any link or are people just busting my chops?

Would he be a good fit here? Belfour was IMO...

CHGoalie27 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 01:12 PM
  #2
Meandmyself
Registered User
 
Meandmyself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
I heard on the radio two days ago that he got a house in Florida.

Meandmyself is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 01:19 PM
  #3
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker
 
Desert Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Frisco, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Dunno why a couple friends are telling me they heard about Martin Brodeur comin to South FL...can anyone provide any link or are people just busting my chops?

Would he be a good fit here? Belfour was IMO...
IMO, this is two-fold.

1) It's Brodeur trying to force NJ's hand with regards to Parise.
2) It's Tallon trying to get Gillis to lower his asking price for Reboundo.

Could it happen? Sure. Will it? I don't see it. Would it be a good fit? Only if we were telling Theo to hit the road and using Brodeur as a tutor for Markstrom.

Desert Panther is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 01:23 PM
  #4
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
IMO, this is two-fold.

1) It's Brodeur trying to force NJ's hand with regards to Parise.
2) It's Tallon trying to get Gillis to lower his asking price for Reboundo.

Could it happen? Sure. Will it? I don't see it. Would it be a good fit? Only if we were telling Theo to hit the road and using Brodeur as a tutor for Markstrom.
I would keep both Brodeur and Theo.

Also, if the Devils think they can re-sign Parise then they might not have the money left over for Brodeur.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 01:35 PM
  #5
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,850
vCash: 500
For some reason, I don't think I'd be opposed to it. History shows he's done well with backline help, and I don't think our boys would leave a legend out to dry. At the very least, it would sure as hell put arses in seats and up jersey sales.

CHGoalie27 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 01:39 PM
  #6
Tuco
Registered User
 
Tuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I would keep both Brodeur and Theo.

Also, if the Devils think they can re-sign Parise then they might not have the money left over for Brodeur.
Me too. Ideal situation. Two guys who can get it done. No need to send Theo anywhere, he has only one year left, right?

Tuco is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 01:44 PM
  #7
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Me too. Ideal situation. Two guys who can get it done. No need to send Theo anywhere, he has only one year left, right?
Yeah, one year. Idk why people like Dreger think we'd trade Theodore if acquired someone else. Like we'd want to help out conference rivals like the Devils or Leafs by giving them goaltending?

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 01:46 PM
  #8
Tuco
Registered User
 
Tuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah, one year. Idk why people like Dreger think we'd trade Theodore if acquired someone else. Like we'd want to help out conference rivals like the Devils or Leafs by giving them goaltending?
No way. And especially so if we want to keep Marky down another year. Really, perfect situation.


Last edited by Tuco: 06-30-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Tuco is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
  #9
timetraveler023
Unregistered User
 
timetraveler023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
If Tallon actually has any interest in Marty, he's got a lot to work with. He does have a house here. He lives in Boynton and has for some time. He's a big golfer; he loves it here, spends a lot of time here and always plays whenever the Devils are/were in town. Not to mention he hears it (jokingly) from friends of his that live here that he should come to Florida full-time. But if things don't work out with New Jersey, then I think, realistically, we do find ourselves high up on the list.

timetraveler023 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 04:16 PM
  #10
Tuco
Registered User
 
Tuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler023 View Post
If Tallon actually has any interest in Marty, he's got a lot to work with. He does have a house here. He lives in Boynton and has for some time. He's a big golfer; he loves it here, spends a lot of time here and always plays whenever the Devils are/were in town. Not to mention he hears it (jokingly) from friends of his that live here that he should come to Florida full-time. But if things don't work out with New Jersey, then I think, realistically, we do find ourselves high up on the list.
Thanks, nice to know.

Tuco is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 04:25 PM
  #11
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler023 View Post
If Tallon actually has any interest in Marty, he's got a lot to work with. He does have a house here. He lives in Boynton and has for some time. He's a big golfer; he loves it here, spends a lot of time here and always plays whenever the Devils are/were in town. Not to mention he hears it (jokingly) from friends of his that live here that he should come to Florida full-time. But if things don't work out with New Jersey, then I think, realistically, we do find ourselves high up on the list.
My god I knew he was old but Boynton? I could live with Mary for a year with Marky in the wings. What did he make last year?

PBPantherfan is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 06:55 PM
  #12
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,850
vCash: 500
If we acquired Brodeur, I'd see Markström backing him up and learning from him. Marty might not play more than a year or two, and that's why Markström needs to learn from him. If we acquired Brodeur, dealing Theo makes sense.

AwesomePanthers is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 07:32 PM
  #13
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
If we acquired Brodeur, I'd see Markström backing him up and learning from him. Marty might not play more than a year or two, and that's why Markström needs to learn from him. If we acquired Brodeur, dealing Theo makes sense.
Would be Brodeur and Theo for the year, with Markstrom playing for any injuries. He'll learn from both of em.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 07:38 PM
  #14
harv3317
Registered User
 
harv3317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 500
definitely go with marty over reboundo!!! theo and brodeur together for sure!!!! marky next year and as a callup!!!

harv3317 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:01 PM
  #15
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
If we acquired Brodeur, I'd see Markström backing him up and learning from him. Marty might not play more than a year or two, and that's why Markström needs to learn from him. If we acquired Brodeur, dealing Theo makes sense.
Back up? "Jacob, you're the better goalie!"


Boooooth10 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:18 PM
  #16
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,850
vCash: 500
I wonder what Marty's mask would look like..hopefully none of that MB30 BS.

CHGoalie27 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 08:49 PM
  #17
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 10,762
vCash: 814
Why on earth would MB want to spend his last year(s) in the NHL with us? He want's to win the cup

Mogo is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:07 PM
  #18
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Why on earth would MB want to spend his last year(s) in the NHL with us? He want's to win the cup
because this is HF's Panthers boards dude, and people use logic such as "ohh player X has a house here and spends summers here and he loves the beach" lolsss I still remember how people actually thought we had a shot at signing Kovalchuk hahaha it was hilarious but rather sad at the same time..

Panteras is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:12 PM
  #19
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
because this is HF's Panthers boards dude, and people use logic such as "ohh player X has a house here and spends summers here and he loves the beach" lolsss I still remember how people actually thought we had a shot at signing Kovalchuk hahaha it was hilarious but rather sad at the same time..
Had nothing to do with a few Tweets, at least one by Dreger, that Marty was thinking of coming here, we're jus a bunch of ****ing idiots??

It's the off-season, there was a rumor that it was possible...so, it's being talked about.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:45 PM
  #20
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Had nothing to do with a few Tweets, at least one by Dreger, that Marty was thinking of coming here, we're jus a bunch of ****ing idiots??

It's the off-season, there was a rumor that it was possible...so, it's being talked about.
and now we know who's one of the ones who thought Kovalchuk could come here I seem to have strung a cord I see LULZ

Panteras is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 12:00 AM
  #21
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
and now we know who's one of the ones who thought Kovalchuk could come here I seem to have strung a cord I see LULZ
Its "struck a cord," and I cant stand Kovalchuk. So, no. How's about ya go back and find why Marty was brought up at all. And yes, I don't like sweeping stupidities when a quick search would answer that. Guess I shouldn't expect anything more than another lame reply.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 12:13 AM
  #22
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Its "struck a cord," and I cant stand Kovalchuk. So, no. How's about ya go back and find why Marty was brought up at all. And yes, I don't like sweeping stupidities when a quick search would answer that. Guess I shouldn't expect anything more than another lame reply.
well you sure as hell where pissed about my comment, Kovalchuk hater ()......quick search on what dude? what are you even talking about, yes I know there's tweets and rumors bla bla what's your point? you know damn well that it's a common occurrence on this section of the boards that every time there's an UFA we get the usual "big name player coming to Florida" thread, and these threads are full of people talking about how "big name player" will consider our summer weather and cool beaches as some sort of lure it's freggin pathetic man seriously ..ohh yeah I heard he has a house here, he came and spent a summer here and partied at Liv @ the Fontainebleau, he'll wanna come to Florida...

Panteras is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 12:15 AM
  #23
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,685
vCash: 500
I never thought Kovalchuk would come here.

I think it's plausible that Brodeur would come here.

I think Tallon has done an amazing job of building this organization's credibility in a short period of time.

... and this is coming from a committed pessimist.

__________________




angry_treefrog is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 12:20 AM
  #24
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I never thought Kovalchuk would come here.

I think it's plausible that Brodeur would come here.

I think Tallon has done an amazing job of building this organization's credibility in a short period of time.

... and this is coming from a committed pessimist.
I remember when the Kovalchuk saga was going on, we had a full on thread in our boards about us landing Kovalchuk, and I still remember how people brought up that he has a house in Star Island or something and spends summers here and how we could spend that cash etc. etc. I mean I think people where honestly typing in their sleep dreaming

Panteras is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 12:23 AM
  #25
PanthersHockey1
Bond.
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,764
vCash: 500
i will be seriously pissed if by tomorrow at this time our biggest move of the day was brining in brodeur.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.