HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part XI: Stempniak and Ponikarovsky, LOL Offseason Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I have a feeling McIlrath is making the team. Don't ask what it's based on. It's just a hunch.
I doubt it out of camp, but if he has a strong showing with the whale, they will give him a call up.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Vitto79

I thought Gaustad would get 3.25 and he did. the market stinks. All we can hope for tomorrow is some depth guys.

Trade is more likely to bring some scoring in. Marleau talked about on the main board.

Some of you will think I'm wrong but I offer Dubinsky, Anisimov in a package for Marleau and see what SJ says

Old
06-30-2012, 07:32 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

3.25 for Gaustad? Holy ****.

That's insane.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Blueshirt Believer

I really suspect that if the Rangers can't get any significant signings or trades. Expect some of our prospects to be fast tracked.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Lundsanity30

And another one bites the dust

Old
06-30-2012, 07:39 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Sooooo Dubi is no longer overpaid?

06-30-2012, 07:44 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
When he produces 50+ points a year he's not

Old
06-30-2012, 07:47 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
When he produces 50+ points a year he's not
Apparently 20 pts + faceoffs is worth 3.25 on the open market though...

Crazy deal

Old
06-30-2012, 07:52 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Apparently 20 pts + faceoffs is worth 3.25 on the open market though...

Crazy deal
I love Gaustad but that's overpaid by a good million imo. If the need is there though these players will get more than they "should" get.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:05 PM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Alot smaller than NYC, but what I mean is Doan I believe is a farm-boy. Likes that lifestyle. Aren't too many horse ranches in Manhattan.
Marc Staal grew up on a sod farm. He's doing okay in the Big Bad City.

Also there are plenty of bucolic areas to live in North of the City or in North Jersey or South East Connecticut.

Though I do agree that we've got no shot at Doan, I don't think it's for anything silly like that. Arizona is a nice place to live, he's settled, he'll probably get paid, even if its not as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I really suspect that if the Rangers can't get any significant signings or trades. Expect some of our prospects to be fast tracked.
I'd rather just accept we're going to take a step backwards this season waiting for guys like Miller, Thomas, Erixon and McIlraith (etc) to develop than wreck all of the progress we've made since the lock out with a lopsided trade or an albatross of a FA contract. I'd love Prust to stay or to sign Konopka, but probably not at the price they're going to fetch tomorrow.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:06 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
I don't think he's all that over paid to begin with.

He had a poor year as far as production. But he is a 20 goal 40 point player.

Hopefully Doan or Whitney can be brought in for a decent contract length and cap hit.

Just veteran stop gaps.

Fill in with cheap young players from with in.

We do need another right-handed defenseman.

This market sucks.

-Whitney/Doan
-Sarich/Jurcina
-Burish

Call it a summer.

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Whitney/Doan
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Yogan/Mitchell - Boyle - Burish
Rupp

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Del Zotto - Sarich/Jurcina
Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 06-30-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old
06-30-2012, 08:08 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
I think our holes at RW are significantly more important than RD, at the moment. We loved MDZ over for numerous games and can do it again.
Gotta disagree. We know Gaborik is coming back in 2012. Then you have Callahan, who can play on the first if needed. Sauer is a huge question mark, and we have no one on the 3rd signed for the right side. I'm just not a fan of moving guys out of position.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:10 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:

And Maybe some Gm's are also thinking that

Nash isn't overpaid either?

Old
06-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Lundsanity30

Assets aside, for at least the next 3 years, rangers adding Nash will only add about 3.6m to the payroll. Nash makes 7.8 and dubi goes back the other way so grand scheme of things we add 3.6m over the next 3 years. So again, from a financial standpoint, its definitely not a bad deal. Assets? That is another story

Old
06-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I don't think he's all that over paid to begin with.

He had a poor year as far as production. But he is a 20 goal 40 point player.

Hopefully Doan or Whitney can be brought in for a decent contract length and cap hit.

Just veteran stop gaps.

Fill in with cheap young players from with in.

We do need another right-handed defenseman.

This market sucks.

-Whitney/Doan
-Sarich/Jurcina
-Burish
Sarich resigned yesterday.

Market keeps getting thinner.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Assets aside, for at least the next 3 years, rangers adding Nash will only add about 3.6m to the payroll. Nash makes 7.8 and dubi goes back the other way so grand scheme of things we add 3.6m over the next 3 years. So again, from a financial standpoint, its definitely not a bad deal. Assets? That is another story

We already established that in previous threads. The problem is that when Stepan, McD, and all of our other guys contracts expire, we are gonna need to give them bonuses....

Old
06-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
We already established that in previous threads. The problem is that when Stepan, McD, and all of our other guys contracts expire, we are gonna need to give them bonuses....
If Sather was worried about keeping the core in tact from a FINANCIAL ONLY standpoint, Rangers wouldn't even be considering Nash. We need to have faith that the Rangers mgmt has a plan in place since they are/were pursuing Nash

Old
06-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Ih8theislanders

Well, I'm gonna be gone until July 11th so I'm just gonna put all my various thoughts into this one post.

I still love Prust on this team, I'd begrudgingly give him 1.8 per x3, not a penny more. If he can get the money that he wants, good for him, was a warrior for us. Bringing back Mitchell wouldn't be the worst thing, I'd just like to add more depth that has the potential to score. To replace these two, I think Armstrong and one of Burish/Tootoo would be very beneficial for us. Armstrong does most of the little things that Mitchell does, but he also has the ability to put up points. He's had some injury troubles but work ethic was never an issue for him. He's getting paid 2 mil this year buy Toronto, so he shouldn't command much in a deal. Maybe 1 year, around 1-1.5 mil. Burish and Tootoo are two hard-nosed, gritty players who get into the oppositions face. Burish is somewhat more of an agitator, while Tootoo fights more. Burish won a cup with Chicago, but Tootoo put up 30 points last year and seems more like a Prust clone. I'm happy with either of them, Tootoo will be more expensive most likely. Irrelevant from both Prust and Mitchell, I'd love to see Konopka added to this team. He'd be cheap, a consummate vet and a faceoff phenom. I'd be very pleased with two of Armstrong/Burish/Tootoo/Konopka being Rangers.

For more scoring, there's a few interesting options. If and only if all other options are exercised, I'd consider giving Semin a shot on a one year deal. That likely won't be the case, so I'd really look in a different direction. I feel that he'd be a huge bust here. Obviously, Doan is an excellent fit. I doubt he'll end up leaving Phoenix but I pray that Sather will be everything possible/feasible to make him a NYR. If we can't get him, my immediate preference is Whitney. After that, I'm fine with any of Jagr/Smyth/Hudler. If they're looking for something cheaper, obviously Mueller/Latendresse should be of interest, but I'd even put a feeler out for Kristian Huselius, has been riddled with injuries the past two seasons but he can put up some points for sure, if healthy.

For D, I would really love to bring back Stralman but it looks like that'll be up to him. For vet options, Kubina is interesting but Tampa fans said he sucked, and if I recall he was scratched by Philly of all teams during the playoffs. Bryan Allen could be a good fit, Zanon/Jurcina as well. Maybe even Scott Hannan. I don't think finding one or two veteran d-men on the cheap will be much of a problem for us at all.

We may have to overpay for forward help, but overall I think the next few days should be very promising for us.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:27 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Forget Walmart, we're gonna have to find guys at Dollar Tree

Old
06-30-2012, 08:32 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Sarich resigned yesterday.

Market keeps getting thinner.
Didn't realise that.

Yeah the market keeps thinning.

And the prices have been terrible.

Thus the importance of bringing in "prospects".

Old
06-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Gotta disagree. We know Gaborik is coming back in 2012. Then you have Callahan, who can play on the first if needed. Sauer is a huge question mark, and we have no one on the 3rd signed for the right side. I'm just not a fan of moving guys out of position.
Gaborik's injury and Prust leaving leaves us with one true RW. Callahan. And he has a tendency to get hurt as well. You need a true right winger.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:33 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Top UFA-to-be Zach Parise, the 27-year-old Devils captain, repeatedly insisted in mid-June that he can't see himself playing for the Rangers, but then Saturday his agent told the Daily News that the winger is "keeping all of his options open." That could be posturing, or it could mean the Blueshirts are a contender to land him.
Quote:
The Blue Jackets captain is a $7.8 million hit through 2017-18, and there is nothing to indicate Columbus GM Scott Howson is budging from his outlandish demands of players such as Chris Kreider or Ryan McDonagh being included in a deal for Nash - non-starters for Rangers management. Sather and assistant GM Jeff Gorton have both said recently that unless something is too good to pass up, the club prefers to hold onto its prospects anyway.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...#ixzz1zKXqcwis

Nothing to see.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
If Sather was worried about keeping the core in tact from a FINANCIAL ONLY standpoint, Rangers wouldn't even be considering Nash. We need to have faith that the Rangers mgmt has a plan in place since they are/were pursuing Nash

Im not saying it was from a financial standpoint ONLY, Im saying that add cap now could hurt us in the future.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:35 PM
XLJ

Gaustad is Brian Boyle but better on faceoffs. Paying 3.25 per year for that type of player is insane.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:35 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Gaustad wanted Stoll money. He got it.

Closed Thread