HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Rick Nash talk- The "I Lost Count of All the Nash Threads" Edition Again.

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 09:26 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 500
Can this trade happen already?

Old
06-30-2012, 09:27 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Hey, here's an idea, instead of whining throughout this entire thread, why don't you come up with a rational response to a fair point that's been brought to your attention.

Or are you not capable of handling such a simple thing?
God I've missed you dude. Feels like I'm surrounded by Nash fans with zero rationality...

Old
06-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
I love Ranger fans and Flyer fans thinking that because Krieder, Stepan, Coutourier, Schenn, etc, have shown some skill and had success in their brief NHL careers they will somehow be superstars and franchise players.

None of those guys will ever be as good as Rick Nash. The bottom line is, a team that wants to win NOW has a better chance with Nash on the roster than with any two of those guys.
They don't have to be. If all of those young guns you mentioned hit some of their potential, that's all their respective franchises would want. If history has taught us anything, acquiring the 'better' player isn't a guarantee for success.

From the Rangers perspective, developing these quality prospects is what ultimately got them out of purgatory.

Gambling away numerous young, affordable, and productive home-grown draftees for a player who is certainly not worth his cap hit, doesn't scream success to me.

Nash is coming off a 30g season, has a monstrous cap hit, and has been repeatedly criticized for not playing his ass off, like a good captain should. Rangers would love a big power forward with goal-scoring capabilities, which Nash certainly possesses. But, not at the hefty price-tag that's being demanded. There isn't anything wrong with demanding a lot for a damn good player like Nash, but there also isn't anything wrong with respectfully declining to part with certain players either.

If CBJ wants xyz, and the most the Rangers are willing to part with is abc, there's nothing wrong with that. Seems to me like certain Blue Jacket fans are angry. Angry with the fact that many Rangers fans aren't convinced this trade should go down. Agree to disagree, and move on.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:28 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Just to remind people. Nash asked for a trade privately. Howson made it public.
thanks for reminding me. What a dick move by Howson. Completely throwing Nash under the bus to save his own ***

Old
06-30-2012, 09:28 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Maybe if we're lucky one of Schenn, Couturier, Stepan or Kreider may some day reach the success of Nikolai Zherdev .
Maybe if you're lucky you'll get Nash on your team

Old
06-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
They have Crosby, Malkin, and Neal. Their big weakness was Flower but now they have Vokoun.

Even without Suter or Parise the Pens are light years ahead of the Rangers offensively
With a so so defense and a goalie that couldn't stop nothing in the playoffs.. heck they scored 10 goals one game and still lost in the 1st rd

Old
06-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
They're gonna give up skinner staal or staal?? Hmmm
Longshot....but rumors are he wasn't exactly happy either. And he's going into a contract year in a bit.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:30 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
um, low cap hits don't last forever. Nash makes what any established star player makes when he hits an age where he can be UFA. Just look what it takes to get Parise tomorrow.

If the Rangers want to wait until Krieder and Stepan are star, stud players in their prime, well, by then Hank will be 36, Gaborik is gone, Richards is worthless, Staal could be gone as a UFA...
Sure they don't last forever but both Couturier and Schenn have two years before their elc's are up. After which neither of them will be making in the neighborhood of 8 mil. And by the time if ever they make top 10 money one could theoretically be moved for prospect/picks. Plus why are you assuming that these players have to be in their primes to contribute? Like i said Couturier made a huge difference at 18.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Longshot....but rumors are he wasn't exactly happy either. And he's going into a contract year in a bit.
I'd like to see where you got those rumors.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:31 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Maybe if you're lucky you'll get Nash on your team
Judging by the sound of what it would cost, I doubt I'd feel lucky at all. More like *****.

Old
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
thanks for reminding me. What a dick move by Howson. Completely throwing Nash under the bus to save his own ***
That's not true at all. He met with the Rangers, Flyers, and other teams shopping Nash before the deadline and never said anything.

The fact is, they couldn't get a deal done so it had to come out publicly. Nash requested a trade - that's what happened, I think Blue Jacket fans have the right to know that, I don't see it as throwing him under the bus at all. Nash is big boy, he handle it I think both parties have handled it fine

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Well if true, u jump on it run away and don't look back

Old
06-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Dylonus

I'm usually against players who ask for trades, but this is one of the few times where I can understand it.

Nash has been the only shed of light for this franchise since he came, yet they've still yet to go anywhere.

I think dealing him is for the better. If Howson wasn't such a moron, they could make out pretty well by dealing him.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:33 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
They don't have to be. If all of those young guns you mentioned hit some of their potential, that's all their respective franchises would want. If history has taught us anything, acquiring the 'better' player isn't a guarantee for success.

From the Rangers perspective, developing these quality prospects is what ultimately got them out of purgatory.

Gambling away numerous young, affordable, and productive home-grown draftees for a player who is certainly not worth his cap hit, doesn't scream success to me.

Nash is coming off a 30g season, has a monstrous cap hit, and has been repeatedly criticized for not playing his ass off, like a good captain should. Rangers would love a big power forward with goal-scoring capabilities, which Nash certainly possesses. But, not at the hefty price-tag that's being demanded. There isn't anything wrong with demanding a lot for a damn good player like Nash, but there also isn't anything wrong with respectfully declining to part with certain players either.

If CBJ wants xyz, and the most the Rangers are willing to part with is abc, there's nothing wrong with that. Seems to me like certain Blue Jacket fans are angry. Angry with the fact that many Rangers fans aren't convinced this trade should go down. Agree to disagree, and move on.
Agree to disagree and move on? What message board are you on?

Old
06-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

If Pittsburg misses out on Parise, I can see them dealing for Nash. Maybe Martin + Dumoulin + Tangradi + Kennedy + 2013 1st.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:35 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
And the original poster is right, quit going back 3+ pages in an attempt to frame a dumb argument. You are always one step behind here......
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

You and Gagnefan092 throughout this whole process have done nothing but that and troll this entire thread into oblivion. If you two would actually present valid counter-arguments to the points being made to you two instead of acting like a bunch of 15 year old fanboys, you wouldn't be whining about the Rangers fans this thread.

For once, think about it from the other side of the fence. Would you want to give up what Howson is asking for in return for a player who's point numbers have historically never been great and hasn't scored 40 goals in 3 years while being the 5th highest paid player in the league when you have SEVERAL core young RFA's to lock up in the upcoming years?

Would you give up two players giving you close to 100 points on dirt cheap entry level deals that will only keep getting better, on top of one or two of your team's top prospects??

I see a lot of "me me me", "my way or the high way" bs from you two, yet you're so quick to call out others for the same mentality.

Grow up and get over yourselves.

Aside from DSL, there's a select few Columbus fans who have actually been rational about this entire thing.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:36 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Sure they don't last forever but both Couturier and Schenn have two years before their elc's are up. After which neither of them will be making in the neighborhood of 8 mil. And by the time if ever they make top 10 money one could theoretically be moved for prospect/picks. Plus why are you assuming that these players have to be in their primes to contribute? Like i said Couturier made a huge difference at 18.
Neither made enough of a difference to get out of the 2nd round, and next year, the Pens goaltending won't be so terrible. Like I said, if the Rangers and Flyers wanted to just build around their youth I'd totally get that - but both seem bent on winning now (the Richards deal, the Bryz deal) and both love to make splashes. One of them will give in and trade for Nash

Old
06-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Agree to disagree and move on? What message board are you on?
Hockey forum personals, no?

I like hockey.. Coffee.. Long walks on the..

Edit: FML wrong forum

Old
06-30-2012, 09:37 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
That's not true at all. He met with the Rangers, Flyers, and other teams shopping Nash before the deadline and never said anything.

The fact is, they couldn't get a deal done so it had to come out publicly. Nash requested a trade - that's what happened, I think Blue Jacket fans have the right to know that, I don't see it as throwing him under the bus at all. Nash is big boy, he handle it I think both parties have handled it fine
It more felt like Howson was asking for the moon and the whole shabang (sp?) and no GM was stupid enough to accept it. And there was talk about Howson acting like an idiot, talking to teams not confirming if they were on Nash's list or not.

So he was afraid to get lynched by the fans for messing up everything so he threw Nash under the bus as a distraction IMO.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:38 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Small sample size. I think an 82 game season is a better indicator of a team's true abilities than a 7 game series. Teams can go cold over 7 games. Of course in the playoffs that usually means an early exit, but that doesn't mean teams should overreact. You do bring up a good point about Briere.

Pittsburgh's retooling is tough to watch, but teams can plan their moves around Pittsburgh. That's how you make bad deals. If Pittsburgh gets Parise? So what. They still have a hole on defense. What they do isn't going to make me want Nash any more. If the Flyers panic and decide to give up on their youth I would rather see it offered for someone like Weber than Nash.
Absolutely spot on. If the Flyers are absolutely desperate to respond to the Pens, they should add to a an area of weakness. Weber would go a long way in doing so. If they can't pry him out of Nashville, I would rather them stand pat and look for other areas to improve the defense.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:38 PM
snakepliskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
They're gonna give up skinner staal or staal?? Hmmm
skinner and we win

Old
06-30-2012, 09:39 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

You and Gagnefan092 throughout this whole process have done nothing but that and troll this entire thread into oblivion. If you two would actually present valid counter-arguments to the points being made to you two instead of acting like a bunch of 15 year old fanboys, you wouldn't be whining about the Rangers fans this thread.

For once, think about it from the other side of the fence. Would you want to give up what Howson is asking for in return for a player who's point numbers have historically never been great and hasn't scored 40 goals in 3 years while being the 5th highest paid player in the league when you have SEVERAL core young RFA's to lock up in the upcoming years?

Would you give up two players giving you close to 100 points on dirt cheap entry level deals that will only keep getting better, on top of one or two of your team's top prospects??

I see a lot of "me me me", "my way or the high way" bs from you two, yet you're so quick to call out others for the same mentality.

Grow up and get over yourselves.

Aside from DSL, there's a select few Columbus fans who have actually been rational about this entire thing.

reading this post makes me laugh and makes me wanna .

Great post.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Can this trade happen already?
No, because then we wouldn't have anything interesting to talk about other than UFAs being massively overpaid.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:43 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
If Pittsburg misses out on Parise, I can see them dealing for Nash. Maybe Martin + Dumoulin + Tangradi + Kennedy + 2013 1st.
Have you seen the trades that have apparently been turned down by Howson? I don't think that'll get it done

Old
06-30-2012, 09:44 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Absolutely spot on. If the Flyers are absolutely desperate to respond to the Pens, they should add to a an area of weakness. Weber would go a long way in doing so. If they can't pry him out of Nashville, I would rather them stand pat and look for other areas to improve the defense.
Um to get Weber you don't think they'd have to give up Schenn/Coutouter?

Closed Thread