HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brodeur?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2012, 11:23 PM
  #26
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
well you sure as hell where pissed about my comment, Kovalchuk hater ()......quick search on what dude? what are you even talking about, yes I know there's tweets and rumors bla bla what's your point? you know damn well that it's a common occurrence on this section of the boards that every time there's an UFA we get the usual "big name player coming to Florida" thread, and these threads are full of people talking about how "big name player" will consider our summer weather and cool beaches as some sort of lure it's freggin pathetic man seriously ..ohh yeah I heard he has a house here, he came and spent a summer here and partied at Liv @ the Fontainebleau, he'll wanna come to Florida...
Had nothing to do with houses, Dreger Tweeted Florida was a possibility. Thus, it's being discussed...on a message board. What part of that did you miss?

Had nothing to do with Kovy, and everything to do with your post blasting people here when you dot seem to know where his being a possibility came from.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:28 PM
  #27
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,894
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Had nothing to do with houses, Dreger Tweeted Florida was a possibility. Thus, it's being discussed...on a message board. What part of that did you miss?

Had nothing to do with Kovy, and everything to do with your post blasting people here when you dot seem to know where his being a possibility came from.
and you totally missed the point concentrating solely on the fact that I mentioned Brodeur, thus why you can't link why I brought up Kovy......

even still Laus, talking just about Brodeur, people have already talked here about why he would wanna come due to the things I've been pointing out, as opposed to reasons of hockey and our organization, it happens every time too

Panteras is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:30 PM
  #28
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
I remember when the Kovalchuk saga was going on, we had a full on thread in our boards about us landing Kovalchuk, and I still remember how people brought up that he has a house in Star Island or something and spends summers here and how we could spend that cash etc. etc. I mean I think people where honestly typing in their sleep dreaming
I can tell you that most people who are regulars here NEVER expected to have a chance at Kovalchuk. To suggest anything differently is a bunch of nonsense. If you persist in this argument, you will lose because the facts do not support you.

__________________




angry_treefrog is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:32 PM
  #29
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
and you totally missed the point concentrating solely on the fact that I mentioned Brodeur, thus why you can't link why I brought up Kovy......

even still Laus, talking just about Brodeur, people have already talked here about why he would wanna come due to the things I've been pointing out, as opposed to reasons of hockey and our organization, it happens every time too
you must be pleasantly surprised than every time we do sign a free agent.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:33 PM
  #30
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
and you totally missed the point concentrating solely on the fact that I mentioned Brodeur, thus why you can't link why I brought up Kovy......

even still Laus, talking just about Brodeur, people have already talked here about why he would wanna come due to the things I've been pointing out, as opposed to reasons of hockey and our organization, it happens every time too
People outside of the organization are talking about it. Is it okay with you that it be discussed here?

Do I expect Brodeur to sign here? No. Then again,there's simply no reason why it couldn't happen.

If someone started a "we are going to sign Parise" post without any substance, I think you would have a better argument.

angry_treefrog is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:34 PM
  #31
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,894
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I can tell you that most people who are regulars here NEVER expected to have a chance at Kovalchuk. To suggest anything differently is a bunch of nonsense. If you persist in this argument, you will lose because the facts do not support you.
please do pull that thread up and I wanna be proven wrong, I have no problem in shutting up

Panteras is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:36 PM
  #32
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,894
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
you must be pleasantly surprised than every time we do sign a free agent.
please tell me when's the last time we signed a "big name " free agent.

Panteras is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:36 PM
  #33
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
and you totally missed the point concentrating solely on the fact that I mentioned Brodeur, thus why you can't link why I brought up Kovy......

even still Laus, talking just about Brodeur, people have already talked here about why he would wanna come due to the things I've been pointing out, as opposed to reasons of hockey and our organization, it happens every time too
I wasn't talking about Kovy at all, was all Broduer. Pay attention. And people have brought up those things because of Dreger's Tweet.

And ATF is correct, most never expected him.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:38 PM
  #34
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,894
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
People outside of the organization are talking about it. Is it okay with you that it be discussed here?

Do I expect Brodeur to sign here? No. Then again,there's simply no reason why it couldn't happen.

If someone started a "we are going to sign Parise" post without any substance, I think you would have a better argument.
I have no problem with it being discussed, my point is that when someone like Mogo brings up a valid question to the rumors based on hockey terms, people would probably counter with "ohh but he has a house here"

and about Parise, if I remember correctly just as the Kovalchuk thread there's been a lot of wishful thinking around here

Panteras is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:39 PM
  #35
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
please do pull that thread up and I wanna be proven wrong, I have no problem in shutting up
You made the statement. The burden of proof is on you.

Good luck.

angry_treefrog is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:40 PM
  #36
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,894
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
You made the statement. The burden of proof is on you.

Good luck.
says the person who stated:

"I can tell you that most people who are regulars here NEVER expected to have a chance at Kovalchuk. To suggest anything differently is a bunch of nonsense."

that's a bold statement sir, if I have a burden of proof, you sure as heck do too

Panteras is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:41 PM
  #37
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
I have no problem with it being discussed, my point is that when someone like Mogo brings up a valid question to the rumors based on hockey terms, people would probably counter with "ohh but he has a house here"

and about Parise, if I remember correctly just as the Kovalchuk thread there's been a lot of wishful thinking around here
Not as wishful now as it was then. Have you not been paying attention? And he does have a house here, may or may not mean something. Was news to me, I didn't know that.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:41 PM
  #38
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
says the person who stated:

"I can tell you that most people who are regulars here NEVER expected to have a chance at Kovalchuk. To suggest anything differently is a bunch of nonsense."

that's a bold statement sir, if I have a burden of proof, you sure as hell do too
Seeing as how you brought up the thread, sorry, but it's squarely on you.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:43 PM
  #39
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,894
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Not as wishful now as it was then. Have you not been paying attention? And he does have a house here, may or may not mean something. Was news to me, I didn't know that.
dude listen, at the end of the day, we all want what's best for our team, and there's nothing wrong with dreaming, so go ahead man maybe I'm just being too pessimistic...

Panteras is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:45 PM
  #40
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
dude listen, at the end of the day, we all want what's best for our team, and there's nothing wrong with dreaming, so go ahead man maybe I'm just being too pessimistic...
Thank you.

I'm going to sleep now.

Everyone please behave themselves.

angry_treefrog is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:46 PM
  #41
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
please tell me when's the last time we signed a "big name " free agent.
That is a bit subjective. I would consider singing the multitude of "quality" free agents last summer that turned out into a division champion because those players not only like living in South Florida but because they believed in the blueprint and Tallon's vision a much greater accomplishment than signing a so called big name free agent.

Also I firmly believe success breeds success. The more successful the team becomes the higher the opportunity we have of landing said "Big Name" free agents.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:49 PM
  #42
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
dude listen, at the end of the day, we all want what's best for our team, and there's nothing wrong with dreaming, so go ahead man maybe I'm just being too pessimistic...
You are, IMO, especially when the Brodeur talk had teeth in it not by some hopeful fan, but a legit name. Anyway, no worries, good night.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 07:50 AM
  #43
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator
 
Boothinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 50
It would be awesome if Tallon could ink him to a 2 year contract situation. One year playing with Theo and then he can play with Jacob Markstrom

Boothinator is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:08 AM
  #44
SoupyFIN
Moderator
Lu ♥
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 20,211
vCash: 50
Two years at a lower caphit or one at a higher, I'd be cool with.

SoupyFIN is online now  
Old
07-02-2012, 07:07 AM
  #45
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Brodeur resigns with NJ
2 year / 4.5M per yr

angry_treefrog is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 07:18 AM
  #46
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Brodeur resigns with NJ
2 year / 4.5M per yr
Would have been cool having him here, but I'm glad he's closing the book there.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 08:33 AM
  #47
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Slumpin' Like A Soph
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,534
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
With Brodeur re-signing in Jersey, closing the thread.

__________________

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.