HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Bobby Ryan is "Available") Part II

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
I'd love to bring in Peter Mueller for Getzlaf and Perry's wing. Seems like a typical Bob signing, high first rounder who hasn't lived up to expectations, but Mueller also happens to be a pretty good player. Be a nice big body presence who could fit nicely with the twins and put up some major points.

Old
06-30-2012, 06:27 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
I'd love to bring in Peter Mueller for Getzlaf and Perry's wing. Seems like a typical Bob signing, high first rounder who hasn't lived up to expectations, but Mueller also happens to be a pretty good player. Be a nice big body presence who could fit nicely with the twins and put up some major points.
Kid has all the talent but unfortunately he's one hit away from never playing again. Not sure if I'd risk it.

Old
06-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Kid has all the talent but unfortunately he's one hit away from never playing again. Not sure if I'd risk it.
I'd agree, but he showed some pretty good things coming back from that conky. I don't see it as a long-term move, either, just a one or two year contract while our prospects develop.

Old
06-30-2012, 06:48 PM
2faded

Why would Suter wanna come to Anaheim when they were reports he wanted Nashville to spend and be a contender? Nashville's owners are more willing to spend than ours.

Get out that checkbook Murray.

Old
06-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
Why would Suter wanna come to Anaheim when they were reports he wanted Nashville to spend and be a contender? Nashville's owners are more willing to spend than ours.

Get out that checkbook Murray.
Could be a lot of reasons. Nashville seems like the exact place he'd want to go, and they can afford him, so it's a bit weird. Could be that he feels they aren't going places, could want to be the #1 guy and not in Weber's shadow, maybe even a combination of both, or something else entirely. But I'd say Anaheim sounds like an ideal place for him, pretty good young team, other stars in place, money to spend. If they try hard enough, and are willing to spend, IMO they could definitely get him. Seems like they'll be one of few teams going after him that aren't also trying to get Parise as well, which could be a huge advantage.

Old
06-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
Ryan better not be in a non-Schenn/Couturier deal. Please, Bob, don't do that.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:07 PM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
I would be so pissed. I will offer Mike V. whatever amount it takes to beat down Murray! Who wants to pitch in?

Old
06-30-2012, 07:10 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Well Read wasn't a 1st round pick so that might make you feel better.

OTH, Meszaros, Voracek, and L. Schenn were...

I wonder how you could frame it to get both Schenns?

Old
06-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Well Read wasn't a 1st round pick so that might make you feel better.

OTH, Meszaros, Voracek, and L. Schenn were...

I wonder how you could frame it to get both Schenns?
Philadelphia interloper here, donned with an LA Kings-themed avatar, so I don't expect a warm reception...

...but I floated the idea of Schenn + Schenn + Read for Ryan and DSP (I know, I know...) on our board, and it wasn't well received. (I think it is a modest overpayment by the Flyers, but one I would reluctantly make, if we couldn't fashion a deal out of Voracek, Read, Mezsaros, and draft picks, etc.)

Old
06-30-2012, 07:34 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Philadelphia interloper here, donned with an LA Kings-themed avatar, so I don't expect a warm reception...

...but I floated the idea of Schenn + Schenn + Read for Ryan and DSP (I know, I know...) on our board, and it wasn't well received. (I think it is a modest overpayment by the Flyers, but one I would reluctantly make, if we couldn't fashion a deal out of Voracek, Read, Mezsaros, and draft picks, etc.)
DSP will be underrated by most other teams' fans because he hasn't done much of note yet. He will be overrated by Ducks fans because he made the team at 19 and is one of the few physical prospects.

Gaustad is gone. And yikes. Looks like that 30 million might get used up REAL quick.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Clive Bixby
AMG

Philadelphia Flyers ‏@PhiFlyersnews
Philadelphia Flyers enter into talks for Nash - http://Rotoworld.com

Thought this was relevant with all the Philly talk in here.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Except he's not physical, he hasn't been physical since the hit that caused the concussion. He does have a scoring touch though.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Jesus Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TesseracT View Post
Philadelphia Flyers ‏@PhiFlyersnews
Philadelphia Flyers enter into talks for Nash - http://Rotoworld.com

Thought this was relevant with all the Philly talk in here.
Murray's much more reasonable than Howson, who asked for both Schenn and Couts. I mean there's just no way Philly can expect to get a legit 1st line winger without giving up one of their best young players.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
DSP will be underrated by most other teams' fans because he hasn't done much of note yet. He will be overrated by Ducks fans because he made the team at 19 and is one of the few physical prospects.
I don't think the problem with that offer is how DSP is 'rated'.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/mur...ducks-one.html

Couple quotes from Murray. Don't get hopes up for tomorrow I suppose.

I'm thinking the whole "get to the floor" thing isn't bothering Murray at all, he seemingly expects the floor to be lower in the next CBA. That is partly conjecture on my part, however.

Still, I just don't see where we are going to spend 15 million dollars.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/mur...ducks-one.html

Couple quotes from Murray. Don't get hopes up for tomorrow I suppose.

I'm thinking the whole "get to the floor" thing isn't bothering Murray at all, he seemingly expects the floor to be lower in the next CBA. That is partly conjecture on my part, however.

Still, I just don't see where we are going to spend 15 million dollars.
There was a rumor that Teemu is about to sign his new contract, so that takes care of some of it.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Underpromise, overdeliver. It would be nice if BM was thinking this. But I doubt it.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:44 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Underpromise, overdeliver. It would be nice if BM was thinking this. But I doubt it.
Underpromise. Deliver.

BM Special

Old
07-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Jesus Teemu

At least he knows they need upgrades "all over"

Old
07-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
I can really only see upgrading through trade. After Parise and Suter there is nothing in FA. I mean totally ****ing barren.

Old
07-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

My problem with being against shelling out for the upper tier free agents is that it basically guarantees you can't attract those same free agents. You're always going to be leaving yourself with the leftover scraps. The bottom six forwards, and the 4th, 5th, and 6th D-men. That means your only hope of getting those players is to draft them, or to trade for them. Sometimes you just need to be willing to pay for quality.

This kind of goes back to Murray shopping in the bargain isle. Every so often you might find an actual bargain, but usually what you get is exactly what you're paying for.

Old
07-01-2012, 03:45 AM
James Franco

Defensemen like Suter don't pop up in free agency often....If you want to compete you have to pay for players

Old
07-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
My problem with being against shelling out for the upper tier free agents is that it basically guarantees you can't attract those same free agents. You're always going to be leaving yourself with the leftover scraps. The bottom six forwards, and the 4th, 5th, and 6th D-men. That means your only hope of getting those players is to draft them, or to trade for them. Sometimes you just need to be willing to pay for quality.

This kind of goes back to Murray shopping in the bargain isle. Every so often you might find an actual bargain, but usually what you get is exactly what you're paying for.
I'm not certain he doesn't want to shell out for the big names, they've been few and far between in recent years, and none have really fit here, given our established first line and a complete lack of #1 defensemen hitting the market. He just doesn't want to overpay for the Jason Garrisons and Matt Carle's of the crop, which I agree with. Especially with the CBA looming, I wouldn't overpay either. Going to be a lot of teams with cap trouble and an inability to bury their players in the minors. Going to be a lot of soft deals to be had once it's signed IMO.

But you make the exception for Suter, because this is a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of opportunity.

Old
07-01-2012, 04:38 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I am shocked Guastad got so much money....i would hate to see us spend alot of money, for alot of years on a role player.......which is why i'd much rather overpay for Suter. even if he costs 7.5 per year, that's better than what you'll pay Carle/Garrison etc

Old
07-01-2012, 05:13 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I am shocked Guastad got so much money....i would hate to see us spend alot of money, for alot of years on a role player.......which is why i'd much rather overpay for Suter. even if he costs 7.5 per year, that's better than what you'll pay Carle/Garrison etc
I agree. 7,5 million for 5-8 years. It's going to be an interesting day for sure.

Closed Thread