HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Habs vs Leafs

Old
06-29-2012, 09:08 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Montreal is much better, in my opinion, but you never really know these days. Things change so much in the NHL.

Here is my proof and I will spell it out.

Alex Galchenyuk is definitely by and far the best prospect of the two pools and his Toronto counterpart is Joe Colborne, so that's pretty telling. Montreal's defence prospects are better and deeper too. Montreal has an NHL goalie which Toronto does not have right now and not just that but a really high end one. Montreal plays rougher and tougher and forecheck the crap out of Toronto.

Yup, Montreal is better alright.
No they're not, I don't know why this keeps being repeated. Lol @ rougher and tougher, our current roster is a bit soft up front but our prospects on the way are significantly more physical than Montreal's. Carlyle will also have an effect on that as his systems emphasize tough play along the boards and hard forechecking.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:44 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

What Beaulieu and Tinordi have done to be a better prospect than Blacker?

I really like Beaulieu, but why he's considered a better prospect than Blacker? Both Beaulieu and Blacker were about the sam offensively at 19 years old, Blacker was a lot better defensively, and is more physical too. He's alot more complete.

I really like Tinordi too, he's big and awesoem defensively, but his offense is pretty awfull. His first pass is very bad. With the overall package Blacker bring he's an as good prospect as Tinordi.

Blacker was a top 3 defenseman at 20 years old on one of the best AHL team this year.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:45 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

And the depth of both prospects pool is not even close. Habs has the edge on top end talent, but the Leafs easily have more depth.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:29 PM
clownquestionbro*

What great prospects do the leafs have? all their best players were drafted by other teams...they have shown little to no capability of drafting and developing players into a star.

clownquestionbro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:59 PM
habs_24x

Prospect - Montreal-------------not close

Goalie - Montreal--------------TO needs a goalie to compare

Forward - Toronto-------------very slight advantage today

Defence - Montreal-----------not close

Management - Montreal--------the amount of fail from TO management gives this to the new Montreal Management today

Coaches - Toronto------------i dont like Therrien so you can have this one

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Well from what I gathered from this thread is, Toronto has a million grade A prospects and MTL is full of bottom feeders who will be lucky to get out of the AHL.

Problem solved, the Toronto dynasty is close and the Habs will be gunning for some 1st overall picks.

Cool beans.

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 04:59 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Habs fans... instead of writing: Habs prospects AINEC !!!!111!!!!111!!!

Can we know how the Habs have a better prospects pool than the Leafs?

Wingers...Leafs
Centers...Habs
Defenseman...Leafs
Goaltenders...Leafs

It's the Leafs who has the best prospect pool.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:55 AM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Well from what I gathered from this thread is, Toronto has a million grade A prospects and MTL is full of bottom feeders who will be lucky to get out of the AHL.

Problem solved, the Toronto dynasty is close and the Habs will be gunning for some 1st overall picks.

Cool beans.
Hypocrisy and bias at it's finest, two defining qualities of this board. Funny when you look at the post right before yours.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 07:16 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
Habs fans... instead of writing: Habs prospects AINEC !!!!111!!!!111!!!

Can we know how the Habs have a better prospects pool than the Leafs?

Wingers...Leafs
Centers...Habs
Defenseman...Leafs
Goaltenders...Leafs

It's the Leafs who has the best prospect pool.
If you go by HF standard, before the draft Leafs were 18th and habs 21st. Habs had a better draft than the leafs but not by much, both teams were winners this year but I think it was enough for us to close the gap. Our prospect pools are pretty darn close.

Side note: You guys are underrating Tinordi and Beaulieu, those guys will be NHL studs. Tinordi has Chara potential and Beaulieu has a small chance of becoming even better than Subban. I don't know of any other team who will have such a beastly core of defensemen in 2-3 years. Dare I say one of the toughest, and productive blue-lines in the NHL:

Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Beaulieu
Markov-Emelin

poetryinmotion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Komarov77

Montreal - Toronto

Prospect vs prospect
Goalie vs goalie
Forward vs forward
Defence vs defence
Management vs management - dunno
Coaches vs coaches

Komarov77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 08:41 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
If you go by HF standard, before the draft Leafs were 18th and habs 21st. Habs had a better draft than the leafs but not by much, both teams were winners this year but I think it was enough for us to close the gap. Our prospect pools are pretty darn close.

Side note: You guys are underrating Tinordi and Beaulieu, those guys will be NHL studs. Tinordi has Chara potential and Beaulieu has a small chance of becoming even better than Subban. I don't know of any other team who will have such a beastly core of defensemen in 2-3 years. Dare I say one of the toughest, and productive blue-lines in the NHL:

Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Beaulieu
Markov-Emelin
Yeah, I can agree that both prospects pool are pretty even. Not Habs AINEC.

And personally I like Beaulieu and Tinordi, but I don't see big potential. Beaulieu is pretty bad defensiely and Tinordi is pretty bad offensively, very bad first pass.

They are still VERY solid prospects with top 4 potential, but I don't something close to Subban and Chara.