HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Doan won't sign until July 16 at earliest

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2012, 01:09 AM
drgregg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post
What a great attitude. It would be so easy to eventually try your luck with a different, more competitive franchise, especially since Doan is the kind of player that every team with Cup aspirations covets. Instead, he wants to get the job done in Phoenix. So much respect.
You hit the nail on the head. He is one in a million for sure. As a Coyote fan, I am so grateful to the guy for all he has given the team and community and want to see him locked up. As a Doan fan, I know that if he had played his career in a more sexy market he would be a much bigger star. Well, hopefully brighter days ahead in Phoenix and he can finish his career in style at any rate.

Old
07-01-2012, 01:20 AM
mstad101

My own bias hopes Doan comes north to Vancouver and wins here. But since I believe any glimmer of hope will keep Doan in the desert at least one more year.
The Yotes won't move before the season is up and running, so any move will be for the season in 2013/2014.

My personal stand point is if an organization can't make money where they are for so log, than they shouldn't have a team. Everyone talks about the business end of the NHL and I believe if a failing to make a profit organization continue to dwindle than I believe they should move. The Yotes haven't made money in how many years?
Didn't Lebrun or someone post that even if the Yotes made the conference finals 20 years in a row selling out each game, would still lose 20 million?

Rather get the city to give a better lease agreement so it's possible for the Yotes to make money or end the saga and move the team where it will be successful.

Old
07-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Luc Gretzky

I think that takes the Kings out of the running, ****. I'd love to have a cup thirsty guy of his caliber balancing out the party line (x-Richards-Carter).

Penner won't wait that long on hold for LA. I think, given his regular season, he would be polite enough to accept the fact that the Kings could take a run at Parise over him, but I think Penner could only take it personally if the Kings keep him waiting until July 8th. Especially if Parise/Nash/Semin/Ryan move early.

Dean will go with the bird in the hand if it gets to this situation. If Penner signs, you can deal Gange/Bernier/Loktionov somehow for something of decent value to the right team with the right needs.

My god I love the Los Angeles Kings! [/homerizm]

Last edited by Luc Gretzky: 07-01-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old
07-01-2012, 01:38 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
His options will be limited by July 8, I think.
Probably the opposite will occur. Suter and Parise are signed by then, and everyone lines up for Doan. Where if he signed at the same time as the other guys...teams heavily in pursuit of Suter/Parise might ignore him.

Old
07-01-2012, 01:44 AM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

Good on for him to wait till July 8'th. Hope he comes to col, great guy to have around the locker room for the the young guys and he also is still a good player.

Old
07-01-2012, 01:48 AM
McFist
Bryan can beat it

I have it on good authority that come July 8th there will be 29 undisclosed teams interested in his services

Old
07-01-2012, 03:59 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
His options will be limited by July 8, I think.
That may or may not be true, but the risk that it is goes to show the kind of guy Doan is and how much he'd prefer to stay in Phoenix.

Old
07-01-2012, 04:03 AM
SilverHaireDevil

Shows the love that Doan has for the franchise that has taken care of him and he it for his whole career.

Coyotes fans are lucky to have a player like him in their organization.

Old
07-01-2012, 04:10 AM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Sad franchise
I'm not avoiding the insult, but what a hypocritical comment. Our town may not generate a lot of hockey fans, but we've had more success in the past 16 years (our whole existence!) than yours has had in 30.
Your whole existence goes back to the seventies.

Old
07-01-2012, 04:45 AM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Why do opposing fans constantly rip Coyotes fans to shreds on here? I'm a Wild fan but there is so much disrespect on this forum toward southern hockey fans. I find that to be sad and pathetic.

Just going by this thread alone, you'd think specific Red Wing fans would be sympathetic about the Coyotes ownership struggles. Because I see other fans trash the economic hardship in Detroit, constantly too.

Old
07-01-2012, 06:09 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post
Why do opposing fans constantly rip Coyotes fans to shreds on here? I'm a Wild fan but there is so much disrespect on this forum toward southern hockey fans. I find that to be sad and pathetic.

Just going by this thread alone, you'd think specific Red Wing fans would be sympathetic about the Coyotes ownership struggles. Because I see other fans trash the economic hardship in Detroit, constantly too.
I didn't see as much ripping of the fans as realistic conversation about the Coyotes financial health. That may not be something fans -- be it Coyotes fans or leaguewide fans -- like to see but it is what it is. Saying they struggle financially doesn't mean the true Coyotes fan suck, nor does it mean that the franchise can't work in Phoenix.

Apologies if I missed any particular comments you're referring to.

Old
07-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc Gretzky View Post
I think that takes the Kings out of the running, ****.
I think the WCF took the Kings out of the running.

Old
07-01-2012, 06:55 AM
mapes

Quote:
Sad franchise
I'm not avoiding the insult, but what a hypocritical comment. Our town may not generate a lot of hockey fans, but we've had more success in the past 16 years (our whole existence!) than yours has had in 30.
First he's not a Leafs fan. Second, your comment is way off base since Phoenix has made the CF once. Leafs have 4 times in the past 20 years.

Old
07-01-2012, 06:56 AM
TSA0402

Some people have families and don't want to leave their comfort areas.

I guess living in the desert doesn't really hurt his situation.

Old
07-01-2012, 06:58 AM
mapes

If I'm Leafs I throw a lot of money at him for 1 year. Might not sign but money talks. There isn't too many centers on the market

Old
07-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
If I'm Leafs I throw a lot of money at him for 1 year. Might not sign but money talks. There isn't too many centers on the market
Doan isn't a true center. He may play at times at center, but it is to his natural position. He would be a valuable addition to the Leafs, but I don't believe he really would address the Leafs' needs at the center position.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Benji Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Money talks as well.

If some team offers him 3 years and 19 million I'm sure his heart will be in it as much as it needs to be.

Hell, if you have the cap space why not even go higher? 3 years 21 million.
if a team offers doan anything close to what he had last contract at this stage in his career, he should take it and run. the numbers you listed should cost a GM his job IMO.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Frank View Post
if a team offers doan anything close to what he had last contract at this stage in his career, he should take it and run. the numbers you listed should cost a GM his job IMO.
No-one in their right mind will offer $7m when Parise could go for that.

Doan will get around $4.5m-$5m.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:50 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Doan isn't a true center. He may play at times at center, but it is to his natural position. He would be a valuable addition to the Leafs, but I don't believe he really would address the Leafs' needs at the center position.
Oh really? For some reason I thought he always played center

Old
07-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Benji Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
He lives in Phoenix. He has a house there with his family. Spending the off-season in Alberta doesn't make sense. He could have just been visiting his parents, that's what he told my friend. But doing so the day before free agency seems odd.
kids are just finished school anxious to see the gandparents and it's canada day long weekend. big whup. Ryan suter is out farming today. they pay agents pretty good $$$'s to do their negotiating.

lots of players go back to their hometown for the summer. Andrew Ladd spent the winter in jonathon Toews summer home in winnipeg. Eric fehr (maybe no longer a good example but while he was in washington!!), Jordan tootoo, dustin Penner ... they spend the bulk of their summer here training. Heck travis Zajac was here for a good chunk of the winter while he was injured!

not knocking your thoughts. Doan may very well end up in Edm. Smyth hasn't signed yet. If the Jagr rumours don't pan out, then who left is a better mentor to a great group of kids??? Growing up in AB only puts him on a higher pedastal and getting a chance to play in front of relatives and friends for the last couple of years of his career might be something he'd enjoy (Mike Keane did it albeit with the Manitoba Moose!!). And they have the cap space to afford to wait till after the 8th!

Last edited by Benji Frank: 07-01-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old
07-01-2012, 08:19 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Yeah, I think Doan re-signs in Phoenix Wonder he would wait until next Sunday to re-sign somewhere though.

07-01-2012, 08:40 AM
IHeartZherdev

Quote:
That's our captain. What a guy
yeah loves elbowing people in the head, checking people from behind, and can't even shake hands without talking trash after a loss. pure class

Old
07-01-2012, 08:55 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

In other words, he wants to be 100% sure that the Coyotes are not moving to Quebec City where he would be questioned daily about his remarks about a French Canadien referee. He wants to stay in Phoenix, but not with this franchise at any price!

Old
07-01-2012, 09:04 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Regardless of when he signs I think he stays in the Pacific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Oh really? For some reason I thought he always played center
Winger through and through as far as I know. IIRC he does take a decent number of faceoffs though, kind of like Iginla.

Last edited by glovesave_35: 07-01-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old
07-01-2012, 09:30 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
on one hand, yes, this may limit his options.

on the other hand, the price will be set after parise/semin and PAP sign (he should slot somewhere in between IMO), and the teams who lose out on those two players will still be lusting after him.

anyone know if he's had that sit-down with jaimeson yet that he was supposed to have this week.
They are supposed to meet today, July 1st. I guess potential news from Doan later today.

Closed Thread