HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Part 5: FA Days of...Waiting on Parise/Suter

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 08:32 AM
  #101
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
I can't wait for the TBN hacks tomorrow after the Sabres (probably rightfully) stay out of today's insanity.
Even more than the Buffalo Snooze crew, I want to see Schopp throw a tantrum like a petulant child should the Sabres not give him a big signing to talk about.

Schopp's impatience lately as really been annoying to me.

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 08:37 AM
  #102
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,823
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Even more than the Buffalo Snooze crew, I want to see Schopp throw a tantrum like a petulant child should the Sabres not give him a big signing to talk about.

Schopp's impatience lately as really been annoying to me.
That guy's a grade A fool

Paxon is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 08:43 AM
  #103
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,185
vCash: 500
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...to-be-insured/

Quote:
Crosby, 24, has missed all but 63 games the past two seasons because of concussion symptoms. He and the Penguins agreed to a 12-year contract worth $104.4 million — all of it guaranteed. The team will present the contract to the league Sunday for approval.

Insurance companies offer teams protection against career-ending injuries, but Crosby’s concussion history is considered a pre-existing condition. If Crosby cannot finish his contract because of a concussion-related injury, he will still be paid in full, but the Penguins would not receive assistance from an insurance policy on the deal, sources said.
That doesn't surprise me at all.

But, it was a gamble the Pens had to take. Can you imagine the backlash if they let Sid walk as a UFA and he stays healthy?


WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 08:43 AM
  #104
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,565
vCash: 67
Kypreos is pretty certain that Parise is going to require a max payment/bonus in Year 1 so that he can get as much as possible before a new CBA. That's $12m, I believe, and it'd be payable ASAP. We know Uncle Terry would be willing. Thus, I am increasing our chances of signing Parise from 1% to 2%.

Zip15 is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 08:59 AM
  #105
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,823
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Kypreos is pretty certain that Parise is going to require a max payment/bonus in Year 1 so that he can get as much as possible before a new CBA. That's $12m, I believe, and it'd be payable ASAP. We know Uncle Terry would be willing. Thus, I am increasing our chances of signing Parise from 1% to 2%.
Sound reasoning. I can't see a team like Detroit doing that.

Paxon is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:03 AM
  #106
Digable5
Registered User
 
Digable5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: B-Lo
Country: United States
Posts: 3,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Sound reasoning. I can't see a team like Detroit doing that.
Can Mario do that, especially after giving Sidney so much?

Nashville, Minnesota, etc...? Who else has that kind of money? LA maybe?

Digable5 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:04 AM
  #107
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 17,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Kypreos is pretty certain that Parise is going to require a max payment/bonus in Year 1 so that he can get as much as possible before a new CBA. That's $12m, I believe, and it'd be payable ASAP. We know Uncle Terry would be willing. Thus, I am increasing our chances of signing Parise from 1% to 2%.

We're up to 4%


Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

#NHL teams presenting will also be asked to pay 2nd 12M SB to Parise next July 1st. That's 24M guaranteed over 1 yr Nice eh.

Beerz is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:05 AM
  #108
CaptPantalones
Registered User
 
CaptPantalones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
I love all the people on Twitter:

"Free agency has started!"
"I bet Darcy is sleeping through free agency!"
"Have the Sabres signed anyone yet?"

They're going to have a fun 12 more hours while nothing happens.
I can tell you the bolded is untrue lol

I went for my morning bike ride and made it a point to go by the arena. And literally as I passed the parking garage, Darcy was getting his briefcase from the car. And then I passed Ruff coming up Michigan Ave

CaptPantalones is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:06 AM
  #109
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,565
vCash: 67
Kypreos now reporting Parise will require $12m in Year 2, as well, including a $10m signing bonus due on 7/1/13. Belly up, Terry. Chances up to 3%.

Zip15 is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:06 AM
  #110
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 17,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
I can tell you the bolded is untrue lol

I went for my morning bike ride and made it a point to go by the arena. And literally as I passed the parking garage, Darcy was getting his briefcase from the car. And then I passed Ruff coming up Michigan Ave

What time was this?

Beerz is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:07 AM
  #111
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
Can Mario do that, especially after giving Sidney so much?

Nashville, Minnesota, etc...? Who else has that kind of money? LA maybe?
Crosby signed an extension that doesn't kick in for another year. Plus, it doesn't affect his cap hit as it stays the same as his current contract.

With J Staal off their cap, the Pens have roughly $600k more in cap space than the Sabres do right now.

Whether Mario has the cash on hand to really front load the deal is another question. And who knows, perhaps that won't be a deal breaker when Parise is comparing offers and getting to play with Crosby or Malkin is on the table with the Pens offer.

I would be surprised if Parise didn't sign with Detroit or Pittsburgh if he decides to leave NJ. Minnesota would be the darkhouse candidate to me.

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:12 AM
  #112
Digable5
Registered User
 
Digable5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: B-Lo
Country: United States
Posts: 3,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Crosby signed an extension that doesn't kick in for another year. Plus, it doesn't affect his cap hit as it stays the same as his current contract.

With J Staal off their cap, the Pens have roughly $600k more in cap space than the Sabres do right now.

Whether Mario has the cash on hand to really front load the deal is another question. And who knows, perhaps that won't be a deal breaker when Parise is comparing offers and getting to play with Crosby or Malkin is on the table with the Pens offer.

I would be surprised if Parise didn't sign with Detroit or Pittsburgh if he decides to leave NJ. Minnesota would be the darkhouse candidate to me.
Yeah, but the point is that Mario isn't a billionaire and has to pay Crosby and Malkin eventually. Not considering the cap space but the additional signing money that Parise is apparently asking for.

Some are assuming Detroit isn't likely to pony up the money. So, I'm asking, who can afford to pony up $24M in year 1. We assume Terry is prepared to do that. Who else can and will?

Digable5 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:14 AM
  #113
CaptPantalones
Registered User
 
CaptPantalones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
What time was this?
Little after 9

CaptPantalones is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:16 AM
  #114
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,565
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
Yeah, but the point is that Mario isn't a billionaire and has to pay Crosby and Malkin eventually. Not considering the cap space but the additional signing money that Parise is apparently asking for.

Some are assuming Detroit isn't likely to pony up the money. So, I'm asking, who can afford to pony up $24M in year 1. We assume Terry is prepared to do that. Who else can and will?
There are reports that Minnesota will do whatever it has to in order to get Parise, so I imagine they'd meet that demand if it means getting their guy. LA can do it. Philly and NYR can do it, but both appear to be unlikely choices for Parise.

Zip15 is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:18 AM
  #115
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 17,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
Little after 9

Slackers!

Beerz is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:23 AM
  #116
THE GURU
Registered User
 
THE GURU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
happy 7/1 to everyone! lets hope we can make some solid smart moves. I expect a medium size trade for the sabres for a guy who none of us have talked about lol

THE GURU is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:29 AM
  #117
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,565
vCash: 67
Doan will listen to interest but won't make a decision till July 9, at the earliest.

Zip15 is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:31 AM
  #118
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 36,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Doan will listen to interest but won't make a decision till July 9, at the earliest.
I kidda feel bad for the guy. He obviously doesn't want to leave but may feel he needs to.

joshjull is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:31 AM
  #119
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah
 
Mike McDermott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kenmore
Country: United States
Posts: 13,221
vCash: 500
This tweet from the Devil's beat writer made me .

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/sta...35449649864704

Quote:
I picture Lou Lamoriello holding up a portable stereo outside Zach Parise's hotel window last night , blasting "In your eyes"

Mike McDermott is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:46 AM
  #120
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
This tweet from the Devil's beat writer made me .

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/sta...35449649864704
Very nice reference.

BackGroundMusic is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:03 AM
  #121
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 17,927
vCash: 500
For being only an hour away from "Frenzy" time ... Twitter is awfully quiet ....

Beerz is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:04 AM
  #122
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 36,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
For being only an hour away from "Frenzy" time ... Twitter is awfully quiet ....
They're stretching their fingers and getting mentally ready right now. This is what its all about and what they live for. Its the calm before the storm.

joshjull is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:07 AM
  #123
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 22,235
vCash: 500
Parise is headed to UFA. McKenzie just said "start your engines"

Afino is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:08 AM
  #124
Duddy
Everyday is
 
Duddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,538
vCash: 50
Wasn't it quiet last year too? aside from the brad Richards show?

Duddy is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:12 AM
  #125
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 17,927
vCash: 500
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC

In one hour teams can begin signing free agents for #NHL and #AHL. #Sabres must find 5 forwards, 1 G, 1 vet D-man for #Amerks.

Beerz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.