HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs 2nd. pick, 35th. overall is: Matthew Finn - Defender

Old
06-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
It's more than possible. Our best forward atm is Kulemin a second rounder, one of the reasons duchene and stastny could be expendable is Ryan O'Reilly. A very good solution for the top six in anaheim is DSP. Roman Josi in predators has given Ellis and Blum trouble for minutes. Harmonic from the islanders is a decent top 4 atm. Zac Dalpe has made excellent depth choices in the canes organization. Luke Adam for the sabres. Tyrell, Subban, Weber, Galiardi, Simmonds, Weber, Mcginn, Lucic, Anisimov, Stepan, Voynov, White. It honestly depends on the player and organization that gives them own time and development curve.

Maybe if it's the 2010-2011 version of Kulie. Kulie wasn't even one of our top-4 forwards last season, behind: Kessel, Lupul, Macarthur, and Grabo. Don't get me wrong, I like Kulie; before last season he was my favourite player, and I think he'll bounce back for 20 goals/50 points this year.

I also think 2nd rounders are fairly highly valuable, especially if a GM has faith in his scouting staff. You can snag an impact player with one.

Last edited by Tony Clifton Leaf: 06-27-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Tony Clifton Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:03 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Guys I meant as the best overall forward lol. People are trying to kill me here hahah

06-28-2012, 08:29 AM
VanW27

Quote:
Guys I meant as the best overall forward lol. People are trying to kill me here hahah
Doesn't overall me defense and offense?

VanW27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:20 AM
ErikP803

Quote:
Still have to disagree with you there man, you're picking a guy with 7 goals as our best overall forward? Kessel is our best forward, hands down. Lupul with a close second. Grabo coming in third.

ErikP803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

If Kule can return to his 10-11 season form then he is our best overall forward. As of now, his offense is non-existant.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan

Bravid Nonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:05 AM
IBeL13f

Seems like a fun kid. Really happy he fell to us, seems like a great pick. I always love when Burke drafts big Leafs fans, too. Nice to know that the guys suiting up for us really want to suit up for us.

IBeL13f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:15 AM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
If Kule can return to his 10-11 season form then he is our best overall forward. As of now, his offense is non-existant.
Grabovski is by far the best OVERALL forward on the team. Most takes, highest CORSI etc etc. He is the best not really up for debate. He isn't putting up numbers like Kessel but he also isn't glaringly deficient defensively.

Matt Finn was an absolute STEAL! He is an NHL D and in his own way not much lower (in my mind) talent wise than our 1st pick. Burke has put together an amazing future for Toronto defensively. The offense is coming together, Scrivens could be the real deal (forget reimer he is to slow) but we lack a little in the way of #1C's.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote