HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Keep hearing Bouwmeester is getting moved to Boston...for who?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 09:20 AM
  #176
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Bill Ladd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinator View Post
I have to ask Bill, how many times have you actually watched him play, or are you just reading old articles about him from his junior days?
I watch him pretty frequently actually. It seems like the Flames are always the late game on HNIC.

I have to ask Bruinator, do YOU watch him or did you get all your information from the trade rumor board?

__________________
Bill Ladd is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:20 AM
  #177
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song
 
Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 500
Sad thing is....after today's action on the UFA market. Bouwmeesters contract won't look all that bad.

Central Scrutinizer is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:22 AM
  #178
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song
 
Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 500
If Bergeron was signed to a 10m contract, would that make him a bad player or just over-payed.

Bouwmeester is over-payed but still a very good player.

Central Scrutinizer is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:24 AM
  #179
Braunbaer
Braunbär
 
Braunbaer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
If Bergeron was signed to a 10m contract, would that make him a bad player or just over-payed.
With the Bruins: slightly overpaid
With any other team: worst player there is

Braunbaer is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:25 AM
  #180
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,648
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
Its a big contract for two years, considering the free agents the Bruins have to sign (or account for) next offseason.

Also, I find it utterly ridiculous that the OP "keeps hearing these rumors" yet nobody else has. Eklund? Give me a break. Post a link next time.
Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano
@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob: care to kill any talk of Bruins in talks with Flames on Jay Bouwmeester ?

Sent me a msg : LOL

Checked Dreger, LeBrun, Kypreos timeline from the last 2 weeks. No mention of Bruins in talks with Flames for Jay Bo

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:27 AM
  #181
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinator View Post
I have to ask Bill, how many times have you actually watched him play, or are you just reading old articles about him from his junior days?
U familiar with Bill's contributions/qualifications here??? Not a poster who basis opinions by piggybacking others

ODAAT is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:27 AM
  #182
00BW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Framingham, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Don't kill me for this because I've never really seen them play, but doesn't Bouwmeester play the same style of game as Ryan Suter? They play big minutes but are not big hitters. They have some offense but are not big offensive stars. Doesn't everyone on the Bruins board want them to go after Suter with a contract equal to Bouwmeester's?

Is Suter really as good as everyone thinks or does he benefit from playing with Weber the same as Seidenberg does with Chara? Does Suter benefit from playing on an elite defensive team with Rinne in net?

2 years on that contract might be 1 year too long but I think they could make it work.

00BW is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:32 AM
  #183
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song
 
Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 500
How good will Suter be without Weber?

Are we talking Redden without Chara?

Central Scrutinizer is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:34 AM
  #184
WBC8
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Da Wood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 34,476
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
J-Bo has been to the play-offs once in his however long career...and the one year he made it he went scoreless in 18 games...Always seemed to be the definition of losing player IMO. From what I've seen he seems decent just grossly overpaid and nowhere near worth his cap number.

WBC8 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:35 AM
  #185
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano
@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob: care to kill any talk of Bruins in talks with Flames on Jay Bouwmeester ?

Sent me a msg : LOL

Checked Dreger, LeBrun, Kypreos timeline from the last 2 weeks. No mention of Bruins in talks with Flames for Jay Bo
totally confused Dom, Eklund made mention of this so it's got to be true no??

ODAAT is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:39 AM
  #186
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,648
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
totally confused Dom, Eklund made mention of this so it's got to be true no??
HAHA

The OP mentioned this in a post

Quote:
I have heard it from 2 different sources on Twitter (reliable people - I only follow McKenzie, Dregger, Kypreos, Lebrun and a few others)...but have read so many tweets in last 10 days, I don't remember for the life of me who said it.
Just pointing out it wasn't any of the ones named. Its not that hard to check the info if one wants to look. Of course, they could have deleted that post, but someone would have re-tweeted it and it still be there for the eyes. Just don't think it came from one of the four

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:40 AM
  #187
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
U familiar with Bill's contributions/qualifications here??? Not a poster who basis opinions by piggybacking others
I don't think anybody gets a free pass? Bill does a great job, but questioning how much he sees a player that plays a couple of time zones away is not outrageous. I like to think I know a little bit about hockey, but I don't watch J-Bo often and am not an authority on his play.

Moot point, don't think J-Bo is a good fit for a number of reasons.

GloryDaze4877 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:42 AM
  #188
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
HAHA

The OP mentioned this in a post



Just pointing out it wasn't any of the ones named. Its not that hard to check the info if one wants to look. Of course, they could have deleted that post, but someone would have re-tweeted it and it still be there for the eyes. Just don't think it came from one of the four
The original tweets came from fella's names Macdonald/Fregger/Mypreos, easily confused

ODAAT is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:45 AM
  #189
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I don't think anybody gets a free pass? Bill does a great job, but questioning how much he sees a player that plays a couple of time zones away is not outrageous. I like to think I know a little bit about hockey, but I don't watch J-Bo often and am not an authority on his play.

Moot point, don't think J-Bo is a good fit for a number of reasons.
Totally agree but there are posters here who won't offer player evaluations/assessments without having watched them play, or by prefacing their thoughts with a "haven't seen much of this player but.." kind of assessment and Bill, Yourself and others, when commenting, I take as fans who are posting thoughts having seen a player play.

Me???? I have seen EVERYONE play 100 times

ODAAT is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:50 AM
  #190
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,648
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
The original tweets came from fella's names Macdonald/Fregger/Mypreos, easily confused
Actually, the only tweet I could find came on June 23rd

James Stewart ‏@JamesStewart81
Heard a rumor about D Jay Bouwmeester coming to the #Bruins He's 28 and has a $6,680,000 cap hit. Doesn't seem like a fit. Thoughts?

All other Bouwmeester tweets can be found here https://twitter.com/#!/search/realti...%20Bouwmeester

Now back to #WhitneyWatch

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:59 AM
  #191
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
I watch him pretty frequently actually. It seems like the Flames are always the late game on HNIC.

I have to ask Bruinator, do YOU watch him or did you get all your information from the trade rumor board?
I've seen a lot of him too (obviously)... And I can't figure out the extreme statistical drop from Florida to Calgary.

I wonder if a great deal of the problem with the Flames has been their coaching.

Bouwmeester played great hockey under Martin and for a brief time for DeBoer... Perhaps he needs structure in order to be effective?

Mr. Make-Believe is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:59 AM
  #192
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Actually, the only tweet I could find came on June 23rd

James Stewart ?@JamesStewart81
Heard a rumor about D Jay Bouwmeester coming to the #Bruins He's 28 and has a $6,680,000 cap hit. Doesn't seem like a fit. Thoughts?

All other Bouwmeester tweets can be found here https://twitter.com/#!/search/realti...%20Bouwmeester

Now back to #WhitneyWatch
Whitney on the B's makes ssoooooo much sense, it's scary.

He either plays on the 3rd line or bumps Marchand back. Either way the B's would have the best 3rd line in the NHL. When the inevitable injuries come, you have a 3rd liner that can play Top 6 seamlessly.

GloryDaze4877 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:06 AM
  #193
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Actually, the only tweet I could find came on June 23rd

James Stewart ?@JamesStewart81
Heard a rumor about D Jay Bouwmeester coming to the #Bruins He's 28 and has a $6,680,000 cap hit. Doesn't seem like a fit. Thoughts?

All other Bouwmeester tweets can be found here https://twitter.com/#!/search/realti...%20Bouwmeester

Now back to #WhitneyWatch
Edit: Double-post. Stupid Smartphone. LOL


Last edited by GloryDaze4877: 07-01-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: double post
GloryDaze4877 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:07 AM
  #194
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Whitney on the B's makes ssoooooo much sense, it's scary.

He either plays on the 3rd line or bumps Marchand back. Either way the B's would have the best 3rd line in the NHL. When the inevitable injuries come, you have a 3rd liner that can play Top 6 seamlessly.
Whitney on the B's makes ssoooooo much sense, it's scary.

He either plays on the 3rd line or bumps Marchand back. Either way the B's would have the best 3rd line in the NHL. When the inevitable injuries come, you have a 3rd liner that can play Top 6 seamlessly.

EDIT: GD edited out his double post... damn it!

Still though, I echo his sentiment regardless. Ray Whitney makes so much sense in so many ways. I hope Chia and Ray are locking eyes right now.

Mr. Make-Believe is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:08 AM
  #195
WBC8
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Da Wood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 34,476
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Whitney on the B's makes ssoooooo much sense, it's scary.

He either plays on the 3rd line or bumps Marchand back. Either way the B's would have the best 3rd line in the NHL. When the inevitable injuries come, you have a 3rd liner that can play Top 6 seamlessly.
Exactly, and without rendering your third line useless...It's important IMO to have Kelly and Peverley together at all times...

WBC8 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:17 AM
  #196
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Whitney on the B's makes ssoooooo much sense, it's scary.

He either plays on the 3rd line or bumps Marchand back. Either way the B's would have the best 3rd line in the NHL. When the inevitable injuries come, you have a 3rd liner that can play Top 6 seamlessly.

EDIT: GD edited out his double post... damn it!

Still though, I echo his sentiment regardless. Ray Whitney makes so much sense in so many ways. I hope Chia and Ray are locking eyes right now.
Sorry to spoil your fun MMB, lol.

I don't care if Chia has to have a candlelight dinner and share a meaningful moment with RW. Whatever it takes to get it done

GloryDaze4877 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:23 AM
  #197
finchster
Registered User
 
finchster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Petersburg
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 7,401
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to finchster
If Bouwmeester was paid 5m I would be all over getting him, even 5.5. I would also take his 6.6 if he had one year left, but his contract and our situation doesn’t fit at the moment.

However, he’s an upgrade on Seidenberg in the number two position. Seidenberg away from Chara isn’t as effective, but put them together and we have one of the best pairings in the NHL. Bouwmeester would make a solid second pairing defencemen and give us attributes we lack on the back end. He can also eat big minutes and I think he would fill in as a top pairing guy should injuries happen.

Chara – Seidenberg
Bouwmeester – Boychuk
Ference – McQuaid
Hamilton

finchster is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:30 AM
  #198
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
I've seen a lot of him too (obviously)... And I can't figure out the extreme statistical drop from Florida to Calgary.

I wonder if a great deal of the problem with the Flames has been their coaching.

Bouwmeester played great hockey under Martin and for a brief time for DeBoer... Perhaps he needs structure in order to be effective?
Well for one, Sutter really hasn't done a very good job of putting his players into positions to succeed. Jay-bo has played insane minutes in Calgary, which reduces his effectiveness. He's been out there for nearly 30 minutes frequently- With that much work, he is what he is now, an effective shutdown D-man on top pairing level, without the offense. A Dan Girardi type of guy, minus the physicality. If he were to play less here in Boston I could maybe see his production rise again. He's not one that will solve our PP woes though...

All things considered I think he would be a great pick-up for Boston, but I'd be wary to give up anything much of value for him. Also I want them to explore the market for forwards first. So if there's no F out there and they could get him for Caron or the like, I say go for it. Flames have no reason to just give him away really though, so yeah.

Schalkenullvier* is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:32 AM
  #199
Rookie Chargers
Registered User
 
Rookie Chargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
HAHA

The OP mentioned this in a post



Just pointing out it wasn't any of the ones named. Its not that hard to check the info if one wants to look. Of course, they could have deleted that post, but someone would have re-tweeted it and it still be there for the eyes. Just don't think it came from one of the four
After that post he mentioned Eklund as a source. Two of the funnier back to back posts that I've read.

I for one don't visit that site of his, I waste enough time on here.

Rookie Chargers is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:32 AM
  #200
CanadianBruinsFan
Registered User
 
CanadianBruinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
If Bouwmeester was paid 5m I would be all over getting him, even 5.5. I would also take his 6.6 if he had one year left, but his contract and our situation doesn’t fit at the moment.

However, he’s an upgrade on Seidenberg in the number two position. Seidenberg away from Chara isn’t as effective, but put them together and we have one of the best pairings in the NHL. Bouwmeester would make a solid second pairing defencemen and give us attributes we lack on the back end. He can also eat big minutes and I think he would fill in as a top pairing guy should injuries happen.

Chara – Seidenberg
Bouwmeester – Boychuk
Ference – McQuaid
Hamilton
The thing with those pairings to me is that one of those defensemen would have to move back in a deal for Bouwmeester. If they get rid of him, their top 4 would be Wideman, Giordano, Babchuk and Sarich. Good luck keeping pucks out of the net. I really think they'd want Boychuck coming back along with a prospect not named Hamilton or picks.

CanadianBruinsFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.