HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Keep hearing Bouwmeester is getting moved to Boston...for who?

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinator View Post
I have to ask Bill, how many times have you actually watched him play, or are you just reading old articles about him from his junior days?
I watch him pretty frequently actually. It seems like the Flames are always the late game on HNIC.

I have to ask Bruinator, do YOU watch him or did you get all your information from the trade rumor board?

07-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Sad thing is....after today's action on the UFA market. Bouwmeesters contract won't look all that bad.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

If Bergeron was signed to a 10m contract, would that make him a bad player or just over-payed.

Bouwmeester is over-payed but still a very good player.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
If Bergeron was signed to a 10m contract, would that make him a bad player or just over-payed.
With the Bruins: slightly overpaid
With any other team: worst player there is

Old
07-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
Its a big contract for two years, considering the free agents the Bruins have to sign (or account for) next offseason.

Also, I find it utterly ridiculous that the OP "keeps hearing these rumors" yet nobody else has. Eklund? Give me a break. Post a link next time.
Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano
@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob: care to kill any talk of Bruins in talks with Flames on Jay Bouwmeester ?

Sent me a msg : LOL

Checked Dreger, LeBrun, Kypreos timeline from the last 2 weeks. No mention of Bruins in talks with Flames for Jay Bo

Old
07-01-2012, 09:27 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinator View Post
I have to ask Bill, how many times have you actually watched him play, or are you just reading old articles about him from his junior days?
U familiar with Bill's contributions/qualifications here??? Not a poster who basis opinions by piggybacking others

Old
07-01-2012, 09:27 AM
00BW

Don't kill me for this because I've never really seen them play, but doesn't Bouwmeester play the same style of game as Ryan Suter? They play big minutes but are not big hitters. They have some offense but are not big offensive stars. Doesn't everyone on the Bruins board want them to go after Suter with a contract equal to Bouwmeester's?

Is Suter really as good as everyone thinks or does he benefit from playing with Weber the same as Seidenberg does with Chara? Does Suter benefit from playing on an elite defensive team with Rinne in net?

2 years on that contract might be 1 year too long but I think they could make it work.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

How good will Suter be without Weber?

Are we talking Redden without Chara?

Old
07-01-2012, 09:34 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
J-Bo has been to the play-offs once in his however long career...and the one year he made it he went scoreless in 18 games...Always seemed to be the definition of losing player IMO. From what I've seen he seems decent just grossly overpaid and nowhere near worth his cap number.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:35 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano
@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob: care to kill any talk of Bruins in talks with Flames on Jay Bouwmeester ?

Sent me a msg : LOL

Checked Dreger, LeBrun, Kypreos timeline from the last 2 weeks. No mention of Bruins in talks with Flames for Jay Bo
totally confused Dom, Eklund made mention of this so it's got to be true no??

Old
07-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
totally confused Dom, Eklund made mention of this so it's got to be true no??
HAHA

The OP mentioned this in a post

Quote:
I have heard it from 2 different sources on Twitter (reliable people - I only follow McKenzie, Dregger, Kypreos, Lebrun and a few others)...but have read so many tweets in last 10 days, I don't remember for the life of me who said it.
Just pointing out it wasn't any of the ones named. Its not that hard to check the info if one wants to look. Of course, they could have deleted that post, but someone would have re-tweeted it and it still be there for the eyes. Just don't think it came from one of the four

Old
07-01-2012, 09:40 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
U familiar with Bill's contributions/qualifications here??? Not a poster who basis opinions by piggybacking others
I don't think anybody gets a free pass? Bill does a great job, but questioning how much he sees a player that plays a couple of time zones away is not outrageous. I like to think I know a little bit about hockey, but I don't watch J-Bo often and am not an authority on his play.

Moot point, don't think J-Bo is a good fit for a number of reasons.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:42 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
HAHA

Just pointing out it wasn't any of the ones named. Its not that hard to check the info if one wants to look. Of course, they could have deleted that post, but someone would have re-tweeted it and it still be there for the eyes. Just don't think it came from one of the four
The original tweets came from fella's names Macdonald/Fregger/Mypreos, easily confused

Old
07-01-2012, 09:45 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I don't think anybody gets a free pass? Bill does a great job, but questioning how much he sees a player that plays a couple of time zones away is not outrageous. I like to think I know a little bit about hockey, but I don't watch J-Bo often and am not an authority on his play.

Moot point, don't think J-Bo is a good fit for a number of reasons.
Totally agree but there are posters here who won't offer player evaluations/assessments without having watched them play, or by prefacing their thoughts with a "haven't seen much of this player but.." kind of assessment and Bill, Yourself and others, when commenting, I take as fans who are posting thoughts having seen a player play.

Me???? I have seen EVERYONE play 100 times

Old
07-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
The original tweets came from fella's names Macdonald/Fregger/Mypreos, easily confused
Actually, the only tweet I could find came on June 23rd

James Stewart ‏@JamesStewart81
Heard a rumor about D Jay Bouwmeester coming to the #Bruins He's 28 and has a $6,680,000 cap hit. Doesn't seem like a fit. Thoughts?

All other Bouwmeester tweets can be found here https://twitter.com/#!/search/realti...%20Bouwmeester

Now back to #WhitneyWatch

Old
07-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
I watch him pretty frequently actually. It seems like the Flames are always the late game on HNIC.

I have to ask Bruinator, do YOU watch him or did you get all your information from the trade rumor board?
I've seen a lot of him too (obviously)... And I can't figure out the extreme statistical drop from Florida to Calgary.

I wonder if a great deal of the problem with the Flames has been their coaching.

Bouwmeester played great hockey under Martin and for a brief time for DeBoer... Perhaps he needs structure in order to be effective?

Old
07-01-2012, 09:59 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:

James Stewart ?@JamesStewart81
Heard a rumor about D Jay Bouwmeester coming to the #Bruins He's 28 and has a $6,680,000 cap hit. Doesn't seem like a fit. Thoughts?

All other Bouwmeester tweets can be found here https://twitter.com/#!/search/realti...%20Bouwmeester

Whitney on the B's makes ssoooooo much sense, it's scary.

He either plays on the 3rd line or bumps Marchand back. Either way the B's would have the best 3rd line in the NHL. When the inevitable injuries come, you have a 3rd liner that can play Top 6 seamlessly.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:06 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:

James Stewart ?@JamesStewart81

Edit: Double-post. Stupid Smartphone. LOL

Last edited by GloryDaze4877: 07-01-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: double post
Old
07-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:

He either plays on the 3rd line or bumps Marchand back. Either way the B's would have the best 3rd line in the NHL. When the inevitable injuries come, you have a 3rd liner that can play Top 6 seamlessly.

EDIT: GD edited out his double post... damn it!

Still though, I echo his sentiment regardless. Ray Whitney makes so much sense in so many ways. I hope Chia and Ray are locking eyes right now.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:08 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Exactly, and without rendering your third line useless...It's important IMO to have Kelly and Peverley together at all times...

Old
07-01-2012, 10:17 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

EDIT: GD edited out his double post... damn it!

Still though, I echo his sentiment regardless. Ray Whitney makes so much sense in so many ways. I hope Chia and Ray are locking eyes right now.
Sorry to spoil your fun MMB, lol.

I don't care if Chia has to have a candlelight dinner and share a meaningful moment with RW. Whatever it takes to get it done

Old
07-01-2012, 10:23 AM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
If Bouwmeester was paid 5m I would be all over getting him, even 5.5. I would also take his 6.6 if he had one year left, but his contract and our situation doesn’t fit at the moment.

However, he’s an upgrade on Seidenberg in the number two position. Seidenberg away from Chara isn’t as effective, but put them together and we have one of the best pairings in the NHL. Bouwmeester would make a solid second pairing defencemen and give us attributes we lack on the back end. He can also eat big minutes and I think he would fill in as a top pairing guy should injuries happen.

Chara – Seidenberg
Bouwmeester – Boychuk
Ference – McQuaid
Hamilton

Old
07-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
I've seen a lot of him too (obviously)... And I can't figure out the extreme statistical drop from Florida to Calgary.

I wonder if a great deal of the problem with the Flames has been their coaching.

Bouwmeester played great hockey under Martin and for a brief time for DeBoer... Perhaps he needs structure in order to be effective?
Well for one, Sutter really hasn't done a very good job of putting his players into positions to succeed. Jay-bo has played insane minutes in Calgary, which reduces his effectiveness. He's been out there for nearly 30 minutes frequently- With that much work, he is what he is now, an effective shutdown D-man on top pairing level, without the offense. A Dan Girardi type of guy, minus the physicality. If he were to play less here in Boston I could maybe see his production rise again. He's not one that will solve our PP woes though...

All things considered I think he would be a great pick-up for Boston, but I'd be wary to give up anything much of value for him. Also I want them to explore the market for forwards first. So if there's no F out there and they could get him for Caron or the like, I say go for it. Flames have no reason to just give him away really though, so yeah.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
HAHA

After that post he mentioned Eklund as a source. Two of the funnier back to back posts that I've read.

I for one don't visit that site of his, I waste enough time on here.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:32 AM
CanadianBruinsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
If Bouwmeester was paid 5m I would be all over getting him, even 5.5. I would also take his 6.6 if he had one year left, but his contract and our situation doesn’t fit at the moment.

However, he’s an upgrade on Seidenberg in the number two position. Seidenberg away from Chara isn’t as effective, but put them together and we have one of the best pairings in the NHL. Bouwmeester would make a solid second pairing defencemen and give us attributes we lack on the back end. He can also eat big minutes and I think he would fill in as a top pairing guy should injuries happen.

Chara – Seidenberg
Bouwmeester – Boychuk
Ference – McQuaid
Hamilton
The thing with those pairings to me is that one of those defensemen would have to move back in a deal for Bouwmeester. If they get rid of him, their top 4 would be Wideman, Giordano, Babchuk and Sarich. Good luck keeping pucks out of the net. I really think they'd want Boychuck coming back along with a prospect not named Hamilton or picks.

Closed Thread