HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THE OT THREAD - Lockout edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 02:51 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib View Post
Coach purposely trips 13 year old during handshakes and breaks the boy's wrist

Karma's a *****. One of these days he'll trip down the stairs or trip in an intersection resulting in a debilitating injury.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
06-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Karma's a *****. One of these days he'll trip down the stairs or trip in an intersection resulting in a debilitating injury.
No ****, how the **** can you take life that serious that you would even think of doing that. I can't even do that when we play douches(of the same age or older) in slo-pitch.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:44 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Cannot believe that guy that shot those mounties is being granted bail.

I don't think anyone who tries to kill someone should get bail, but someone that ran for 3 days?

Might as well let that guy that killed those people at the U of A out too.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Cannot believe that guy that shot those mounties is being granted bail.

I don't think anyone who tries to kill someone should get bail, but someone that ran for 3 days?

Might as well let that guy that killed those people at the U of A out too.
Something tells me that if he was granted bail that there is a lack of evidence in the case against him. The RCMP are some pretty vindictive people and I can't see this happening if it was an open and shut case against the guy.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:11 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Something tells me that if he was granted bail that there is a lack of evidence in the case against him. The RCMP are some pretty vindictive people and I can't see this happening if it was an open and shut case against the guy.
Could be

Old
06-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Philly85
Moody'

First real day of summer.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Instant Rayman

I don't know if it was all a dream but I kind of remember like about 16 years ago when I was in Kindergarten, we went on a field trip to some place in Edmonton for our Dinosaur unit. I had an amazing time there. There was this big T-Rex which was I guess powered by a motor or something and it would lower its head and roar to everyone beneath it. It was like behind a cage. There were a bunch of other cool displays with Dinosaurs either fighting or just moving. One display I remember was where I think a Triceratops had its head bitten off and the other Dinosaur seemed to grab it with its mouth up and down repeating itself.

Anyways, did such a place ever exist or is it just a dream I've had stuck with me forever now?

Old
07-01-2012, 07:44 AM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

What's the point of sitting in your garage and getting high while listening to **** music turned up as loud as it'll go for (going on) 12 hours? Idiot neighbours have apparently found a pretty bad ass chemical combination over there.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:40 AM
pox

vCash: 767
Send a message via MSN to pox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant Rayman View Post
I don't know if it was all a dream but I kind of remember like about 16 years ago when I was in Kindergarten, we went on a field trip to some place in Edmonton for our Dinosaur unit. I had an amazing time there. There was this big T-Rex which was I guess powered by a motor or something and it would lower its head and roar to everyone beneath it. It was like behind a cage. There were a bunch of other cool displays with Dinosaurs either fighting or just moving. One display I remember was where I think a Triceratops had its head bitten off and the other Dinosaur seemed to grab it with its mouth up and down repeating itself.

Anyways, did such a place ever exist or is it just a dream I've had stuck with me forever now?
Yes it was an travling display that stoped here for a while at the museum

Old
07-01-2012, 11:40 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
Schticky...

Old
07-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Instant Rayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pox View Post
Yes it was an travling display that stoped here for a while at the museum
Oh wow. You wouldn't happen to know the name of the event would you?

Old
07-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Oh wow. You wouldn't happen to know the name of the event would you?
I went to it as well. It was in the 90's. At the Museum.

Heres an idea, its a rainy day, and the Provincial Museum has billboards posting many of the travelling exhibits they've had there over the years. This is in the Hallway towards the Cafeteria and then the former archives. The billboard for that production is up there. I can't remember the name offhand. Ask a curator if you don't find what you're looking for. Theres some oldtimers at the museum that have been around there for awhile.

Old
07-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
What's the point of sitting in your garage and getting high while listening to **** music turned up as loud as it'll go for (going on) 12 hours? Idiot neighbours have apparently found a pretty bad ass chemical combination over there.
lol, I'm thinking we have some of the same neighbors. I have some idiots across the street that want to be loud and heard no matter what they do. Play TV loud, play music loud, argue loud, laugh loud, cuss in the middle of the street on the way to their vehicle loud.

**** I hate when people rent their house out to idiots.

Old
07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:

You might like Jurassic Forest:

http://www.jurassicforest.com/index.php

We visited it last summer - it was a blast.

Old
07-01-2012, 03:15 PM
HighSynergy

i remember that. my sister was too scared to go inside the T-Rex exhibit lol

i remember in the corner of the T-Rex cage was another dinosaur with a giant bite taken out of it. that exhibit was awesome

Old
07-02-2012, 03:55 AM
North Guy

Quote:

One summer, over a decade ago, there was a dinosaur exhibit at Louise McKinney Park (the park below the Shaw Conference centre). This was before the Chinese Garden was built in the park. I remember driving past it everyday, a giant tent was built to house the dinosaurs.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:08 AM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Guy View Post
One summer, over a decade ago, there was a dinosaur exhibit at Louise McKinney Park (the park below the Shaw Conference centre). This was before the Chinese Garden was built in the park. I remember driving past it everyday, a giant tent was built to house the dinosaurs.
It was 1992 I think.

"Greatest Show Unearthed" or something

on a related note: "Estimates that Edmonton's losses for the 10-week dinosaur show in Edmonton's river valley last summer will range from $700,000 to $1.2 million and legal advisers say there is little hope of recovering any of that from private contractors who were well paid for their services."

Old
07-02-2012, 09:26 AM
pox

vCash: 767
Send a message via MSN to pox
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Guy View Post
I recall that, there was no animatronics in it though.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by pox View Post
I recall that, there was no animatronics in it though.
And the city lost a fortune on it because they had to take over things when it was not profitable. Another example of the city getting taken to cleaners on a deal and thus why some of us look with a bit of a slanted eye at things like the arena deal.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Hey guys, wasn't really sure where to post this. As a *former* Oiler fan I just want to say how excited I am for you guys. It has been so painful to be an Oilers fan for the past 6 years, but heading towards this year, and the extra tweaks you guys are sure to make before puck drop, it looks like you will finally start having some fun being a fan again.

To all the friends (and adversaries) I made here in my 6+ years on HF Oilers I say congratulations and good luck

07-02-2012, 05:22 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

I see that the imposter TW has come back.

If you have any questions about hockey or any other awesome topic TheNabob will be around to answer all of them.

First piece of advice. If Jim Rome gets your name wrong, just go with it don't waste time trying to correct him.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 196
The nabob, who would win in a fist fight, Sam Gagner or a bunny rabbit? And why?

Old
07-02-2012, 08:44 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
The nabob, who would win in a fist fight, Sam Gagner or a bunny rabbit? And why?
I think Gagner would try to take it to the ground as soon as the fight started, but the rabbit would have superior balance and speed, easily defending the takedown attempts and quickly finishing the Hobbit with hammer fists.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

So my xBox just recently got the RROD. Anyone know what the hell I can do with it now? Take it to the ecostation?

Old
07-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Skm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
So my xBox just recently got the RROD. Anyone know what the hell I can do with it now? Take it to the ecostation?
When it happened to mine a couple years ago I went Office Space on it with a bat.

Closed Thread