Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Meidän Peli NHL 12

Old
06-16-2012, 03:55 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Meidän Peli NHL 12

So.. I got myself a PS3 and NHL 12 (Late, I know!) and I am still learning the controls.. At this moment I suck with all the configurations...

But I noticed that some strategies really work well when you suck. I keep on winning on the most difficult setting even though I clearly suck at controlling my players when I try to emulate Meidän Peli

Try it out yourself!

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 06:48 AM
Finnpin

vCash: 500
PS3's are cheap now... Thinking of getting one so I can play the Yakuzas.

I'm a video game player (Xbox) but never have gotten into the NHL EA games... I liked the older ones... these new ones has just too much controls to remember.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 06:55 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
PS3's are cheap now... Thinking of getting one so I can play the Yakuzas.

I'm a video game player (Xbox) but never have gotten into the NHL EA games... I liked the older ones... these new ones has just too much controls to remember.
Yeah, too many controls.. NHL 09 was still easy to control. But I just can't go with an Xbox even though they are cheaper. The controls are even weirder there!

Old
06-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Jeepers Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Yeah, too many controls.. NHL 09 was still easy to control. But I just can't go with an Xbox even though they are cheaper. The controls are even weirder there!
The controls are the same in both systems. It's the Xbox controller that is "weird" and that I hate to play with, especially hockey games.

Jeepers Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:19 PM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers Creeper View Post
The controls are the same in both systems. It's the Xbox controller that is "weird" and that I hate to play with, especially hockey games.
That's what I meant. I am sure it is better for shooters.. But hockey... Impossible!

Old
06-16-2012, 10:13 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Good to hear!

I love EA NHL series, I own 09, 10, 11 and 12 for PS3.

I've must have played more than 2000 vs. online games by now if all years are combined.

My friend from work made an EASHL team about six months ago and I've been playing in that team for few months now... I'm not good, I'm just learning as are all of us in the team. It has been ton of fun so far.

I'm playing as a right wing. I have 437 games so far and I've produced 356 goals and 520 assists.

I'm open for requests if someone has a better team that needs a right wing prospect with a high ceiling.

edit: PS. NHL 13 is already pre-ordered!

Last edited by FinRuutu: 06-16-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: edittttt
FinRuutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:39 AM
The Saw Is the Law

btw Xbox 360 controller is WAY better than PS3...

NHL 10 and especially NHL 11 I played almost only EASHL. EASHL for the win!

I don't have NHL 12

The Saw Is the Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 08:30 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saw Is the Law View Post
I for one am a die hard fan of Janne Niinimaa and Miikka Kiprusoff.

Old
06-17-2012, 11:07 AM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:

NHL 10 and especially NHL 11 I played almost only EASHL. EASHL for the win!

I don't have NHL 12
bulls excrement!

It is what you have used to operate, thats why it's more familiar and "better".

I hate XBox360 controller, it feels toy-ish and I hate the unsymmetrical stick placements.

But I've used PS controller since first PS and that is the reason why I'm more comfortable with PS3 controller.

Old
06-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Jeepers Creeper

Quote:

I don't have NHL 12
You're not missing anything. What a piece of crap that game is. Just borrowed it from a friend a couple of days ago and my god how bad of a game it is. Players are standing all over the ice being clueless, AI is still ridiculously bad, gameplay is slow as hell, pokechecks and stick lifts are as useless as before etc. It also seems they downgraded the power of hitting from NHL 11 as it feels you couldn't knock the smallest player off the puck with a guy like Chara going with full speed.

I really feel for people who wasted 70€ on that half-assed, piece of **** product they call a hockey game. I was looking forward to NHL 13 but now having played NHL 12 I am coming to second thoughts.

Old
06-17-2012, 08:47 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
You're not missing anything. What a piece of crap that game is. Just borrowed it from a friend a couple of days ago and my god how bad of a game it is. Players are standing all over the ice being clueless, AI is still ridiculously bad, gameplay is slow as hell, pokechecks and stick lifts are as useless as before etc. It also seems they downgraded the power of hitting from NHL 11 as it feels you couldn't knock the smallest player off the puck with a guy like Chara going with full speed.

I really feel for people who wasted 70€ on that half-assed, piece of **** product they call a hockey game. I was looking forward to NHL 13 but now having played NHL 12 I am coming to second thoughts.
AI is same as it was in 11, so it isn't worse game because of it.

Game speed in 12 is the same as it is in 11, slowed down from 10 to make it more realistic and that it is, 10 has way more that arcade feeling in it because of the unrealistic speed.

If stick lifts and pokechecks are useless for you it's only because you don't know how to use them, don't blame the game.

Hitting is downgraded from 11 and it's only a good thing, now you actually have to hit on time and know how to hit. And actually now the size of the players matters also. If you can't knock down people with Chara, again it's your fault, do not blame the game.

People who have 11 don't have to buy 12 if they are not playing EASHL, the game it self is mostly the same I give you that. But no way in hell is the 12 worse game, it doesn't have that many new features so you could call it a totally new game.

NHL 13 has totally new AI-system, as seen below...

Last edited by FinRuutu: 06-17-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: grammar
Old
06-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Jeepers Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinRuutu View Post

Game speed in 12 is the same as it is in 11, slowed down from 10 to make it more realistic and that it is, 10 has way more that arcade feeling in it because of the unrealistic speed.

If stick lifts and pokechecks are useless for you it's only because you don't know how to use them, don't blame the game.

Hitting is downgraded from 11 and it's only a good thing, now you actually have to hit on time and know how to hit. And actually now the size of the players matters also. If you can't knock down people with Chara, again it's your fault, do not blame the game.

People who have 11 don't have to buy 12 if they are not playing EASHL, the game it self is mostly the same I give you that. But no way in hell is the 12 worse game, it doesn't have that many new features so you could call it a totally new game.

NHL 13 has totally new AI-system, as seen below...
Where did in say NHL 12 is worse than NHL 11? And I love how it's supposedly my fault that the game's physics engine and pokecheck mechanism are defective.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:34 AM
mattihp

Had some training in the game against and with a friend who sucked direly. I know the controls so much better now! I don't have to play defensively to win against tough teams!

Old
06-18-2012, 02:33 AM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
Had some training in the game against and with a friend who sucked direly. I know the controls so much better now! I don't have to play defensively to win against tough teams!
Add PSN nick: AlfrdJKwk for online vs. games.

Old
06-18-2012, 02:53 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Add PSN nick: AlfrdJKwk for online vs. games.
No internet connection for my ps, sorry I prefer offline games.

Old
06-18-2012, 02:59 AM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
No internet connection for my ps, sorry I prefer offline games.
You should try some online fun, it triples the excitement.

Old
06-18-2012, 03:19 AM
mattihp

Quote:
You should try some online fun, it triples the excitement.
I just don't see the joy in playing with people I don't know.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Jeepers Creeper

Quote:
I prefer to be an offline gamer as well as playing online gets rather tiresome after a while (especially shooters as they cycle the same freacking maps over and over and over again), but sadly there is very few primarily-offline-games that are worth playing on these newer generation consoles.

Old
06-20-2012, 05:15 AM
mattihp

Quote:
I prefer to be an offline gamer as well as playing online gets rather tiresome after a while (especially shooters as they cycle the same freacking maps over and over and over again), but sadly there is very few primarily-offline-games that are worth playing on these newer generation consoles.
Sports games and fighting games are still wicked to play with a friend

Old
07-01-2012, 06:46 AM
QnebO

Quote:
That's what I meant. I am sure it is better for shooters.. But hockey... Impossible!
So there is someone who actually thinks its easier to play NHL with playstation, nice.

I allways lose to my friend when we play at hes arena (living room) because he has PS3, its just impossible to have any kind of controll with that PS controller for me. Then I win everytime when its my homegame and we play with my Xbox. Its all about the thumbsticks, Xbox has it so much better done you couldn't believe it! Even my friend thinks so now when we have played many times against eachother in both machines

The our game works pretty well in the NHL against humans online too.. Lots of D to D, puck controll.. Just must have skill to do it without mistakes. If you play like Juuso hietanen in your own end, try some other tactic.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 06:48 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Well it doesnt matter if you know them or not, but because the AI in the NHL games is so retarted, you wanna play online. Good games that sometimes happens online actually look and feel like awesome hockeymatch.

Quote:

Stick lifts suck, they only last like 0,5second. Why cant you hold on the stick lift button to hold the stick in the air long time, like in real life. You can only literally "slash" with the sticklift right now. Atleast i cant defend those onetimers with sticklift, i must allways hit (inteference without penalty) the puckless player. The sticklift should be much more powerfull and longer, so that you would actually really haveto make good effort get yourself / your stick free in order to score. When both players are moving fast, its prolly fine now, but when you are parked in front of the net stationary, the stick lift is ridiclousely uneffective. Its better tactic to just try to block the passing lane or inteference the player, which is wrong.

Also the hitting is way too easy even it was made harder. Many opponents still try to do those big open ice hits all the time. Yes you can deke them, and usually they lose the game, but its still too easy, the game doesnt look very realistic. You can miss the hit and it will still take effect, it does not haveto be perfectly done. If it was more realistic should really haveto back up and keep cutting passing lines, then really line them up good in order to accomplish the big hits. It would make everyone play the D more realistic. But its gotten much better atleast during years.

Last edited by QnebO: 07-01-2012 at 07:04 AM.
QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 01:07 PM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Well it doesnt matter if you know them or not, but because the AI in the NHL games is so retarted
I like tarts so it's alright. Both kinds. Living in sweden has me exposed to both quite a bit.