HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wish List for Poile

Old
07-01-2012, 01:13 PM
thecloser

vCash: 500
Wish List for Poile

I think the Preds need to make moves today in order to lure Suter in. I think we should try to sign Parenteau, Doan, or possibly Semin.

I like Semin more because although he didn't flourish in Washington he could definitely flourish in Nashville by being the #1 scorer. If we can't trade and bring Bobby Ryan in, then Semin has to be in the mix to pull Suter and Weber back.

Either sign Semin or trade Blum, Ellis, and Smith or Wilson for Bobby Ryan and a pick. Then go out and sign Bouillon to a 1yr extension to play where ellis would have played.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 01:23 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
I think the Preds need to make moves today in order to lure Suter in. I think we should try to sign Parenteau, Doan, or possibly Semin.

I like Semin more because although he didn't flourish in Washington he could definitely flourish in Nashville by being the #1 scorer. If we can't trade and bring Bobby Ryan in, then Semin has to be in the mix to pull Suter and Weber back.

Either sign Semin or trade Blum, Ellis, and Smith or Wilson for Bobby Ryan and a pick. Then go out and sign Bouillon to a 1yr extension to play where ellis would have played.
Doan reportedly isn't deciding until the 9th, so scratch him from the list of potential early moves. Semin has some great offensive skills but I'm not sure he's ever had "defense" translated and explained to him. That coupled with a reputation as a locker room problem make him an extreme longshot for the Preds. Parenteau is an option.

Bouillon doesn't play the same style as Ellis ... that idea just doesn't fly.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 01:26 PM
thecloser

true, but bouillon and ellis are similar size and i'd rather have physicality and another veteran blue liner. but that's just me. not an ellis fan.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 01:27 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
true, but bouillon and ellis are similar size and i'd rather have physicality and another veteran blue liner. but that's just me. not an ellis fan.
Ellis is slotted as an offensive minded blueliner and QB of the powerplay. Skillset, not size, is what we'd need to replace.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote