HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Bobby Ryan is "Available") Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2012, 06:03 AM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
My problem with being against shelling out for the upper tier free agents is that it basically guarantees you can't attract those same free agents. You're always going to be leaving yourself with the leftover scraps. The bottom six forwards, and the 4th, 5th, and 6th D-men. That means your only hope of getting those players is to draft them, or to trade for them. Sometimes you just need to be willing to pay for quality.

This kind of goes back to Murray shopping in the bargain isle. Every so often you might find an actual bargain, but usually what you get is exactly what you're paying for.
I agree 100%. If Murray isn't willing to spend big money on Suter, then who is he willing to spend it on? Guys like Suter and Parise are the guys you make an exception for when it comes to dishing out huge money in free agency. I'm not expecting to get either but if Murray doesn't make a serious pitch for Suter when we have desperately needed an elite #1 dman since Nieds retired then he's not doing his job properly.

I think Suter will get 8M+ though. Which I would happily pay but there's no way he won't attract enough attention to get $8M.

Old
07-01-2012, 06:08 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Any of the big name signings will hurt our chances to resign Getz-Perry. Not to mention that Fowler, Palmieri also will go off their contracts in next offseason.

It`ll be Bargain Bob again.

Old
07-01-2012, 06:17 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Its so funny reading those armchair GMs at capgeek. Obviously 9 out of 10 Ducks fans (I guess they are...) believes Etem will be a prominent top6 guy the coming season.

Old
07-01-2012, 06:35 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Only in my dreams would I pencil Etem in there. He could defy all expectations and force the issue, but the odds don't favor it. It's more likely he starts in the AHL, where he will need to adjust to the professional game and, assuming he earns his way onto the team, he works his way up from the 3rd line.

Old
07-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Any of the big name signings will hurt our chances to resign Getz-Perry. Not to mention that Fowler, Palmieri also will go off their contracts in next offseason.

It`ll be Bargain Bob again.
We can sign Suter and still easily be able to afford to give Perry, Getzlaf and Fowler raises. We have virtually no salary committed past this season.

Old
07-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Finnpin

I don't believe either that BM tries to get Suter...he is eyeing cheaper choices.

Something around:

-Joker (not cheap though)
-Mean enforcer type a player (maybe trade)
-Cheap D (UFA market is never cheap but this compared to Suter)

Old
07-01-2012, 06:47 AM
DuckshaveaRPG

i want Andrei Kostitsyn he seems to fit perfectly with what we need and BM direction he brings size skill and production and is not that expensive and realistic and would greatly add to the bottom 6 and could even play top 6 mins and is only 27

Old
07-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

AK is a terrible guy in the locker room, though, from all we know. He has some talent, but I'd have to have an incredible need for a winger to put him around the young kids we'll have around the team going forward. Unless we trade Ryan without a winger coming back and Teemu retires, I'd not get into the Andrei Kostitsyn sweeps very seriously. Nashville already learned their lesson with him, and I think he was more likely to work there than with us.

In regards to Suter/Parise, I don't think there should be anything holding us back. I don't think either will be particularly interested, and I don't think there's a significant chance either could come here, but saving money because it would make re-signing Getzlaf/Perry easier seems like a bad idea. These guys are impact players, and basically "free", asset-wise. If a guy like Parise actually wanted to be here, you can't afford to pass on that because of your chances at re-signing Perry next summer, who might not want to be here any longer. It would be worth it, asset-wise, as well, so I really think passing on any chances with such players would be dumb. Unfortunately, I don't think it will make any difference.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:05 AM
DuckshaveaRPG

i think wit BB as coach he knows how to handle attitudes in the locker room he did it i Wash so im not as concerned about AK in that regards i tbh i dont care if guys go out parting as long as it dont affect whats on the ice and AK for any faults you may say has produced all the time and can play on both wings we need to spend money imo he one of the bst option we have in the Fa market

Old
07-01-2012, 07:05 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
I could bet that Penner comes back to Anaheim.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
i think wit BB as coach he knows how to handle attitudes in the locker room he did it i Wash so im not as concerned about AK in that regards i tbh i dont care if guys go out parting as long as it dont affect whats on the ice and AK for any faults you may say has produced all the time and can play on both wings we need to spend money imo he one of the bst option we have in the Fa market
Well, if it's the night before games, you should care. It sets a bad example for the others and creates negative tension in the locker room. I also think it alwasy does affect what he does on the ice. I respect his talent level, but I don't think he fits one of our bigger needs, and I could understand Murray if he was a guy to not pay a lot of bucks for. I'd give it to Penner before him. But I would not absolutely hate seeing him signed, either, while I do think it would be risky.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:23 AM
DuckshaveaRPG

im not saying AK does not have problems or flaws and yes it is a somewhat risky signing (imo minor risk) and there are other guys i would prefer to have but i think he a target we could actually get he not that expensive and would come in and do a job and make this team better

Old
07-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Vaakou

Semin really impressed me at the wc. He will probably get overpaid but for anything south of 5m he would be a nice addition. Not sure how BB feel about him though.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:17 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaakou View Post
Semin really impressed me at the wc. He will probably get overpaid but for anything south of 5m he would be a nice addition. Not sure how BB feel about him though.
I can't see Semin getting signed in Anaheim. Him and Boudreau had their issues and Murray probably won't go after him.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:37 AM
DuckshaveaRPG

i think semin and BB would work fine together i think the the reason we dont get would be how much would Semin want to come to the west and the Ducks and financial Semin already on 6.7 so you have to be looking at that or around 7 mill for 3 years + i think is what it would take

Old
07-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Vaakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I can't see Semin getting signed in Anaheim. Him and Boudreau had their issues and Murray probably won't go after him.
I agree. He will sign a nice 5-7m contract somewhere else and that will be to much for him anyways.

Old
07-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Hawktopus

Any news on Hagman? His time here was pretty decent and I'm sure his price should be reasonable. Besides Selanne he's the other UFA I'd like to see back with the team.

Old
07-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktopus View Post
Any news on Hagman? His time here was pretty decent and I'm sure his price should be reasonable. Besides Selanne he's the other UFA I'd like to see back with the team.
Murray already confirmed he won't be back.

Old
07-01-2012, 02:01 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Another eventful July 1st so far for Duck fans...

Old
07-01-2012, 02:10 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
Oh no, we haven't handed out long term deals to a bunch of grinders, PANIC

Old
07-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
It's been a pretty boring July 1 for everyone. That's what happens when there's a new CBA coming up and the FA class is brutal.

Old
07-01-2012, 03:13 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Did Parenteau really just get that contract? Jeez. I'm happy Bob is passing up on that. And I don't want any part of Carle at $5 million or more per. Garrison I'd think about, but still would not be happy with.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

So is there even a spot for Vatanen on the team now?

Souray is such a stupid signing, could we not have signed the guy for like 3.8 for ONE FREAKING YEAR :|

Murray is such a POS

Old
07-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Murray already confirmed he won't be back.
this is just stupid.... I see no good reason why we shouldn't re-sign Hagman for one year at a good price... we have lots of money to spend... and will still be under the cap floor, even with Selanne signed to a 4 million dollar contract.

Hags gives 100% every shift... and he loved playing with Saku, Teemu, and Lydman... why let the guy go, when he liked it here, and would be dangerous on the 4th line/ can play on the third line if needed.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
He should be let go because he sucked and had no role.

Sucked and had no role. He sucked...and he had no role.

Closed Thread