HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RFA/UFA Leaf Players

Old
07-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

vCash: 500
RFA/UFA Leaf Players

RFAs: Nikolai Kulemin, Matt Frattin, Cody Franson, Jussi Rynnas, Marcel Mueller, Simon Gysbers, Korbinian Holzer, Ben Scrivens, Juraj Mikus, Mark Fraser

UFAs: Joey Crabb, Jay Rosehill, Jeff Finger, Mike Zigomanis, Philippe Dupuis, Matt Lashoff, Richard Greenop, Ryan Hamilton.

People I would love to let go: Rosehill, Finger, Dupuis.
People that will get a 1 way contract: Nikolai Kulemin, Cody Franson.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:01 PM
SportsProsperity

I think Joey Crabb will get a one way contract. Maybe not with the leafs though.

SportsProsperity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:03 PM
DaveT83*

I forgot about Lashoff - I thought he filled in admirably 2 years ago with the big club - certainly didn't look out of place - if he's healthy I'd like to keep him around.

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:04 PM
smitty10

Holzer will get a one-way deal. If not he'll get two years and one will be two-way with the second being one-way. Mueller and Scrivens could be offered a similar contract if they want to keep them.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:05 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
I forgot about Lashoff - I thought he filled in admirably 2 years ago with the big club - certainly didn't look out of place - if he's healthy I'd like to keep him around.
I could be way off, but didn't he sign in Europe?

EDIT: He's rumored to be signing with Berlin of the DEL.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Holzer will get a one-way deal. If not he'll get two years and one will be two-way with the second being one-way. Mueller and Scrivens could be offered a similar contract if they want to keep them.
I have read recently that both Holzer and Mueller both RFAs have big $$ contract offers to return to Germany to play there.

So Leafs are competing against their home country and dollars here and we shall see how this unfolds.

We have already seen Juraj Mikus a RFA turn down the Leafs to return home to play in the KHL next year.

Quote:
The Leafs might quietly wonder if they have the same problem right now with German imports Korbinian Holzer and Marcel Mueller, both of whom have the safety net of lucrative contracts in the DEL waiting for them if the AHL doesn't work out.

http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/201...t-to-pick.html

07-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Rusty545

Zigo, Hamilton, and maybe Rosehill are the only UFAs I would not mind seeing back. I was never really a fan of Crabb.

Rusty545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:24 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
I have read recently that both Holzer and Mueller both RFAs have big $$ contract offers to return to Germany to play there.

So Leafs are competing against their home country and dollars here and we shall see how this unfolds.

We have already seen Juraj Mikus a RFA turn down the Leafs to return home to play in the KHL next year.
I also heard that Germany as a Nation is making a push into Hockey and it's catching on in a big way there. I am sure this ties into what you are saying.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:25 PM
smitty10

Quote:

Well Holzer was good enough to play in the NHL this past season, but he had a two-way deal and didn't have to clear waivers to play in the AHL like other defensemen would have. He will be a Maple Leaf this coming season.

Mueller I could see leaving if the money is good enough.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:27 PM
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist

Depending on how the dominos fall today. We may lose a few on this list, and gain a few.

The Mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Well Holzer was good enough to play in the NHL this past season, but he had a two-way deal and didn't have to clear waivers to play in the AHL like other defensemen would have. He will be a Maple Leaf this coming season.

Mueller I could see leaving if the money is good enough.
If you're Holzer or Mueller and you can play in the AHL on a 2-way contract earning $75k and/or return to your home country and take home a $1 mil deal a season, it could get difficult to convince them to stay.

Leafs have given neither an NHL opportunity to date and you can't keep these players that have higher earning potential elsewhere trapped in the AHL and down the depth chart forever.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

I would think someone will pick up Crabb.

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 12:37 PM
smitty10

Quote:
If you're Holzer or Mueller and you can play in the AHL on a 2-way contract earning $75k and/or return to your home country and take home a $1 mil deal a season, it could get difficult to convince them to stay.

Leafs have given neither an NHL opportunity to date and you can't keep these players that have higher earning potential elsewhere trapped in the AHL and down the depth chart forever.
Holzer will play in the NHL this season. I think he'll almost certainly stay. Mueller on the other hand may leave, depending what the Leafs offer him.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:39 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessely Snipes View Post
I would think someone will pick up Crabb.
He should get an NHL offer, but if he doesn't I think he's at the point in his career that he'll go to Europe and make some good money for a few years instead of spending more time in the AHL.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:41 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Armstrong signed in Montreal. Ouch. dont want to play him 6 times a year.
Happy he found another job tho.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

RFAs: Nikolai Kulemin, Matt Frattin, Cody Franson, Jussi Rynnas, Marcel Mueller, Simon Gysbers, Korbinian Holzer, Ben Scrivens, Juraj Mikus, Mark Fraser

UFAs: Joey Crabb, Jay Rosehill, Jeff Finger, Mike Zigomanis, Philippe Dupuis, Matt Lashoff, Richard Greenop, Ryan Hamilton.

NHL to keep
Kulemin, Fratting, Franson, Holzer, Scrivens

AHL to keep
Rynnas, Mueller, Zigomanis, Dupuis, Greenop, Hamilton

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote