HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy: We signed some players

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 03:50 PM
  #51
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,284
vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevetoVarmalov View Post
sounds like the habs are signing jagr to a two year deal
what ?

Frenchy is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:51 PM
  #52
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Who gets axed from the top 9?
Duke, until injuries strike.

Bubba Thudd is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:51 PM
  #53
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
TwoPadStack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,310
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Maybe the Avs know something the rest of the league doesn't and Ryan Wilson has grown leaps and bounds since the end of the season? Please?
Maybe his belly has grown leaps and bounds. He's been hammered almost every day.

Dude really gets into workout mode in mid-August.

TwoPadStack is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:51 PM
  #54
RoyDekesGretzky
The Factor is in
 
RoyDekesGretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
what ?
Canadiens Offer to Jagr (E4)
"rumor the Habs have two year deal on table for Jagr"
- Eklund

RoyDekesGretzky is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:52 PM
  #55
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,971
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Who gets axed from the top 9?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Duke, until injuries strike.


Sorry Duke.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:52 PM
  #56
BoxOfChocolates
Registered User
 
BoxOfChocolates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cap Floor
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,459
vCash: 500
Saw this on twitter:

Quote:
Fluto Shinzawa ‏@GlobeFluto
Greg Zanon reunited with COL assistant David Quinn. Quinn recruited Zanon to Nebraska-Omaha.

BoxOfChocolates is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:52 PM
  #57
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Maybe the Avs know something the rest of the league doesn't and Ryan Wilson has grown leaps and bounds since the end of the season? Please?
I was bouncing around on behindthegoal last night. In some Corsi ratings, Wilson had a better year than EJ did. Crazy. Wilson's quality of competition wasn't very good (he played against weaker lines) but he still posted really good numbers. Maybe he will step up this year.

Bonzai12 is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:53 PM
  #58
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,284
vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevetoVarmalov View Post
Canadiens Offer to Jagr (E4)
"rumor the Habs have two year deal on table for Jagr"
- Eklund
Blah ... Eklund

Let's wait for TSN or RDS to talk about it first.

Frenchy is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:54 PM
  #59
RoyDekesGretzky
The Factor is in
 
RoyDekesGretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I was bouncing around on behindthegoal last night. In some Corsi ratings, Wilson had a better year than EJ did. Crazy. Wilson's quality of competition wasn't very good (he played against weaker lines) but he still posted really good numbers. Maybe he will step up this year.
thats the cheap way of sherman..he is hoping..wont win many games with that mind set

RoyDekesGretzky is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:54 PM
  #60
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes
 
Bill Peckerskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Who gets axed from the top 9?
Have to be Hejduk, just based on his last half last season.



Quote:
Which D do we move to make room? 7 one way contracts right now.
They'd have to make a trade.

Bill Peckerskull is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:54 PM
  #61
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,780
vCash: 50
i still think were going want to save some cap room, so nothing big happens on our end,

what i dont get is we now have two shut down pairings

o-brien - zanon
o-byrne-hejda

who's going to be moving the puck up to the forwards, even if we split all the pairings are wilson ? mostly wilson and ej the guys we want making the first pass out of the zone.

skip2mybordeleau is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:57 PM
  #62
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,927
vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
I'm thinking we could be working on a trade. Perhaps Wilson, one of our top D prospects, one of our goalie prospects, and our 1st for a top 4 (or perhaps top 2) defenseman. It would explain the Zanon.
Sounds vaguely familiar.

Bender is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:58 PM
  #63
VikingAv
Go Sioux!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: location, location
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 1253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I know it's sacrilege to even think of splitting up Landeskog and O'Reilly but I would love to see a Landeskog-Duchene-Parenteau line. O'Reilly can play with Hejduk and Downie.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. And I have absolutely no worries about Radar, no matter who he plays with.

McGinn - Stastny - Jones
Landeskog - Duchene - PAP
Olver/Hejduk - O'Reilly - Downie

Edit: If it's Olver on the third line, those three would be a freakin ***** to play against.

VikingAv is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:59 PM
  #64
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund
 
Kschey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Poland
Posts: 3,006
vCash: 50
It's just Eklund's twitter but that feels good

"The Canucks lost out on Parenteau and now are looking at Alex Semin."

Kschey is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:00 PM
  #65
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,971
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
It's just Eklund's twitter but that feels good

"The Canucks lost out on Parenteau and now are looking at Alex Semin."
That would be good for the Canucks. I like this signing but I would rather have Semin.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:00 PM
  #66
RoyDekesGretzky
The Factor is in
 
RoyDekesGretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
um the canucks getting semin would make me suicidal

RoyDekesGretzky is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:01 PM
  #67
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,780
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
It's just Eklund's twitter but that feels good

"The Canucks lost out on Parenteau and now are looking at Alex Semin."
feels bad imo, i still would have rather had semin

skip2mybordeleau is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:02 PM
  #68
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 18,390
vCash: 69
A few thoughts.

Perhaps we didn't sign Matt Carle...because we just didn't want him.

I have a theory, and it's a crackpot one, but oh well.

The thing with Parentau, is that he's essentially Stastny, except from the opposite side. They play a similar game. Camp out down low, look to either cross or throw it back up the boards to the defense.

One of the things that we saw last year was that at times Stastny sort of got to play PP QB from down low. Perhaps the Avs think what they need is a group of solid defensive defensemen who can act as shooters on the PP, and in lieu of a traditional PPQB have a forward down low distributing.

This fixes two problems. First, the problem of the avs getting stuck with a "PPQB" defenseman who is questionable defensively and perhaps not a good shooter. (read: Liles). Secondly, it allows you to have another shooter up top if you have a lot of guys who are going to go to the net.


Two players driving the net, a forward in the corner distributing, two defensemen used as shooters. Seems plausible to me. Parentau is already best distributing on the PP. Staz could get the first PP group, PAP could get the second. Just a thought.

Helton4Hall is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:03 PM
  #69
Kloparren
Hth
 
Kloparren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevetoVarmalov View Post
hoping for jagr was too greedy i think...ugh sherman..let someone else get free agents
I've enjoyed making fun of Parenteau the past couple yrs but I'd much rather have him right now than Jagr.

This I'm okay with, the defence thing just disappoints me though because it seems unrealistic. We haven't added any puck moving mobility or a top four. We should've gone after a guy like Lundin instead of another defensive dman in Zanon if we weren't gonna sign a top pairing guy.

Kloparren is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:04 PM
  #70
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 50
Anymore rumors about us?

S E P H is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:04 PM
  #71
BoxOfChocolates
Registered User
 
BoxOfChocolates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cap Floor
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,459
vCash: 500
Dater say we're not done.

BoxOfChocolates is online now  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:04 PM
  #72
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,971
vCash: 645
I expect the usual Dater **** talking but I believe him.....

Quote:
Avs are NOT done today. Stay tuned
Come on Carle!

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:05 PM
  #73
SoundwaveIsCharisma
Moderator
 
SoundwaveIsCharisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Screw You Blaster
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
A few thoughts.

Perhaps we didn't sign Matt Carle...because we just didn't want him.

I have a theory, and it's a crackpot one, but oh well.

The thing with Parentau, is that he's essentially Stastny, except from the opposite side. They play a similar game. Camp out down low, look to either cross or throw it back up the boards to the defense.

One of the things that we saw last year was that at times Stastny sort of got to play PP QB from down low. Perhaps the Avs think what they need is a group of solid defensive defensemen who can act as shooters on the PP, and in lieu of a traditional PPQB have a forward down low distributing.

This fixes two problems. First, the problem of the avs getting stuck with a "PPQB" defenseman who is questionable defensively and perhaps not a good shooter. (read: Liles). Secondly, it allows you to have another shooter up top if you have a lot of guys who are going to go to the net.


Two players driving the net, a forward in the corner distributing, two defensemen used as shooters. Seems plausible to me. Parentau is already best distributing on the PP. Staz could get the first PP group, PAP could get the second. Just a thought.
Planning your team around a PowerPlay? That's a good way to end up in the bottom of the standings.

One of the Avs major problems last year is that our defensive D was just awful at actually getting the puck to our forwards at even strength. It led to a lot of turnovers or wasted offensive chances.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:05 PM
  #74
RoyDekesGretzky
The Factor is in
 
RoyDekesGretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Anymore rumors about us?
ya a 10 year contract extension for sherman..i mean he's earned it

RoyDekesGretzky is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:05 PM
  #75
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund
 
Kschey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Poland
Posts: 3,006
vCash: 50
Dater:

Avs are NOT done today. Stay tuned

Kschey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.