HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Zherdev

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Saabato

vCash: 500
Zherdev

OK. Who knows what the deal is with Zherdev?

Is he gonna be the big time 1st liner that everyone thought he was going to be? Is he having contract problems? Development Problems?

Someone that can give an informed update, please post. Thanks.

Old
11-23-2003, 04:51 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabato
OK. Who knows what the deal is with Zherdev?

Is he gonna be the big time 1st liner that everyone thought he was going to be? Is he having contract problems? Development Problems?

Someone that can give an informed update, please post. Thanks.
Sorry to say my knowlege on Zherdev is woefully inadequate, but Paul 99 could probably give you the scoop. As far as I can tell, he knows just about everything there is to know about the Russian prospects.....

Old
11-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan-o-45
Sorry to say my knowlege on Zherdev is woefully inadequate, but Paul 99 could probably give you the scoop. As far as I can tell, he knows just about everything there is to know about the Russian prospects.....
Well One Thing That I know is that if Zherdev isnt over here mby Janurary 15th, he isnt coming over this season.

Old
11-25-2003, 11:22 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow
Well One Thing That I know is that if Zherdev isnt over here mby Janurary 15th, he isnt coming over this season.
Yeah, I knew that, too.:p

Old
11-27-2003, 07:12 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Yeah, I knew that, too.:p

I wonder how much the nhl is dragging their feet on this...Then again,
they DO need to devote more time to fix the labor issue...if thats fixed before next season, I can wait for Zherdev to come over here.

Old
11-30-2003, 08:08 AM
paul99

Quote:
Of course, I don't know that much about Zherdev or other players. But there are so many things said... some day, sometimes, you have to go to the facts and to credible sources of information, then stick with them and make an objective idea.

I know Zherdev is very talented. But I think the hype is too strong about him. He is simply not ready for the NHL. He knows it and he knew it as soon as he decided last summer to stay one more year in Russia.

At the 2002 U18 World Junior, he recorded 11 points. He also had a +3 plus/minus record. 14 players of his team had a better record than him, inluding Ovechkin with +14, Semin +13 and Krikunov+12.

The message given by his agent (Tyzhnych) in the feature on HF online seems very clear to me - "there is work to do."

I hope things will work for him. We just need such talented players in NHL.

Closed Thread