HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Flyers845

vCash: 500
Ordered Pronger's orange set 2 game issue from meigray I'm pumped!!

Old
06-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Clancy

Any advice on converting my JVR WC (non-fake) jersey to a Giroux? I called Voorhees skate zone and they said it would be difficult due to the 1 being converted to an 8, when it's peeled off it would leave a residue.

Old
06-29-2012, 05:09 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy View Post
Any advice on converting my JVR WC (non-fake) jersey to a Giroux? I called Voorhees skate zone and they said it would be difficult due to the 1 being converted to an 8, when it's peeled off it would leave a residue.
The problem with your situation is that you would have to remove both numbers. The reason being is that the 8 is much wider than the 1 and as a result, if only the 1 was replaced with an 8, the numbers would be off centre.

Are the numbers stitched or heat pressed?

Old
06-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
The problem with your situation is that you would have to remove both numbers. The reason being is that the 8 is much wider than the 1 and as a result, if only the 1 was replaced with an 8, the numbers would be off centre.

Are the numbers stitched or heat pressed?
That's the key. They can take the numbers off of jerseys done by them but for the most part I don't think they like to touch other custom jobs.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
06-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
That's the key. They can take the numbers off of jerseys done by them but for the most part I don't think they like to touch other custom jobs.

They flat out old me on another situation that hey will not touch an ironed on item... In my case I lucked out as they agreed to overlay a name panel and the numbers did not need any alteration (Knuble to Leino).

I would have suggested to wait and see who is assigned #21... since it may be a desirable player... and just change the name for at most $25.00... BUT being a WC jersey, and the fact only JvR wore that number on in the 2012 Winter Classic, kills that idea all to Hell.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:26 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Regarding the JVR -> Giroux, it wouldn't work the way you're suggesting. The 1 is thinner than the 8, so it would have been spaced differently, at least on the back, so the 2 will be in a different position and will also need to be moved. Otherwise it'll just look silly.

Sawdalite if you order the kit from them, I have a buddy up in north Jersey that does all of my sewing/stripping for me, he does excellent work and would probably be able to help you. He turned a 37 into a 28 for me and it came off beautifully. PM me if you want me to give you his info. In post 151, he customized every one of the jerseys for me (providing him the kit) and the Howe patch Giroux was a converted Game Issued jersey.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:13 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Sawdalite if you order the kit from them, I have a buddy up in north Jersey that does all of my sewing/stripping for me, he does excellent work and would probably be able to help you. He turned a 37 into a 28 for me and it came off beautifully. PM me if you want me to give you his info. In post 151, he customized every one of the jerseys for me (providing him the kit) and the Howe patch Giroux was a converted Game Issued jersey.
Thanks, Johnny, but that ship has long sailed for me and that Leino (nee Knuble) jersey, and I'm good... but I will store that info for possible later revisiting... A little history on the jersey -- for those who've read it multiple times here, please excuse me -- When Knuble left for Free Agency in Washington I bought at clearance a Reebok Black Replica at a dirt cheap price... I already had a Black KOHO Knuble which I had him sign personally to me and wear to Flyers games he visits, so the clearance one ended up staying in my Jersey closet mostly untouched... When Leino clicked with Briere and Hartnell I decided to convert the extra Knuble over... VSZ did the job as I described and overlaid the nameplate matching the double-ply perfectly as I requested them to be careful and do... However, they at first looked at it and said it couldn't be done because 'their guys' (Philly Express) didn't touch previously heat-pressed customization... I suggested the overlaying and they agreed to do it with a nameplate larger in length than the old one... Bottom line they did a near perfect job for $25.00 (slightly higher than normal due to the multi-ply lettering).

Since it is a cheap Replica and a out-of-mode black, and I don't have another Leino, I don't think I would bother stripping it down to revamp it to another player who played in that style -- Leino played a few games in it, at the end of his first partial season here, as an Alternate -- I don't feel it is worth the expense... If it was an Authentic it would be another story, and worth it... I am constantly on the eye for a cheap multi-ply clearance jersey of a past player to convert -- like Carter to Simmonds -- and will keep in mind you 'guy'. Thanks again.

Old
07-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

I need opinions from the jersey nerds. I'm thinking of doing a "concept" jersey for the Schenn brothers. I love that we have brothers on the team, but I don't want to get two separate jerseys, so I was thinking about getting one jersey, with just the name Schenn on the plate, and the #32, that being their numbers, #10 and #22, combined. The only problem I have with it is that Sestito is already #32. What say you?

Old
07-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Schennson View Post
I need opinions from the jersey nerds. I'm thinking of doing a "concept" jersey for the Schenn brothers. I love that we have brothers on the team, but I don't want to get two separate jerseys, so I was thinking about getting one jersey, with just the name Schenn on the plate, and the #32, that being their numbers, #10 and #22, combined. The only problem I have with it is that Sestito is already #32. What say you?
dont do it!... pick a brother and get his jersey or just get 2 jerseys.... not to be harsh but I laugh at people with "concept" jerseys.... In the jersey community what your thinking of doing is known as a Jersey Foul!...

Old
07-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Flyers845

They should have their full names on the back like the Watson brothers did

Old
07-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
dont do it!... pick a brother and get his jersey or just get 2 jerseys.... not to be harsh but I laugh at people with "concept" jerseys.... In the jersey community what your thinking of doing is known as a Jersey Foul!...
Yeah, I get your point about it possibly being a jersey foul, but I just figure it's kinda clever, killing two birds with one stone, and at least there wouldn't be a lame nickname on the nameplate, like "Schenners", or something like that.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
They should have their full names on the back like the Watson brothers did
FWIW: Their names were Joe and Jim... only other option I can see would be 'Jo Watson' and 'Ji Watson'... for the sake of one letter you surely go with Joe & Jim do you not?

Schenns are Brayden and Luke... so, with Brayden so long they have to go with, 'B Schenn' and 'L Schenn' as I see it.

What did the Hillman's do?... Larry and Wayne would be 'L Hillman' and 'W Hillman' I'm certain... but Ron and Rich Sutter got their entire names I know for a fact.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:26 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Yeah, I get your point about it possibly being a jersey foul, but I just figure it's kinda clever, killing two birds with one stone, and at least there wouldn't be a lame nickname on the nameplate, like "Schenners", or something like that.
just get a schenson jersey. no one's gonna know what the hell your up to either way.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:41 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Please don't do it man. Think about the children.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Flyers845

Quote:

Old
07-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Yeah, I wouldn't want to confuse the little sweethearts. I guess I'm going to have to go with L. Schenn then (that rhymed), because I live in LA, and I might run into one of the handful of Kings fans out here who would know who B. Schenn is, and then I'd get mocked about Richards, and Carter, and then I'd have to get into a fight, and then I'd have to figure out a way to get the guy's blood off of my crisp new jersey, and the whole thing would just be a big hassle. So, L. Schenn it is.

Old
07-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Flyers845

Comcast-Spectacor and Aramark will host a blow-out sale on the floor of the
Wells Fargo Center.

Merchandise will feature items from the Philadelphia Flyers, Sixers and Phillies!

Thursday, July 26th*4pm - 7pm
Open to Season Ticket Holders ONLY
*Please print*out*and present this email to gain access to the exclusive
Season Ticket Holder sale.

Friday, July 27th 1pm - 9pm
Open to the Public

Old
07-13-2012, 04:01 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Comcast-Spectacor and Aramark will host a blow-out sale on the floor of the
Wells Fargo Center.

Merchandise will feature items from the Philadelphia Flyers, Sixers and Phillies!

Thursday, July 26th*4pm - 7pm
Open to Season Ticket Holders ONLY
*Please print*out*and present this email to gain access to the exclusive
Season Ticket Holder sale.

Friday, July 27th 1pm - 9pm
Open to the Public
Thanks for the info! If any season ticket holder doesn't want to go and wants to forward me the e-mail so I can go on Thursday, let me know

And I'm serious, I'd love to go on Thursday lol.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Flyers845

Yeah but the better deals were the next day right? They didn't have those jerseys marked at $10 the first day last year you did the second day right?

Old
07-13-2012, 04:15 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Yeah but the better deals were the next day right? They didn't have those jerseys marked at $10 the first day last year you did the second day right?
I'm not sure, you might be right.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Flyers845

Cause when I went the first day the blanks were $100 I remember cause I bought a nedved jersey for $5 haha. I'm hoping there's a authentic winter classic floating around that day

Old
07-13-2012, 04:25 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Cause when I went the first day the blanks were $100 I remember cause I bought a nedved jersey for $5 haha. I'm hoping there's a authentic winter classic floating around that day
Yikes, that's a big difference lol. No way they'll have an authentic WC from this year, stadium never even had them. They were super hard to get, I lucked out with mine.

Old
07-13-2012, 05:29 PM
flountown

Anyone going to the Meigray event tomorrow? I am 90% sure I will be going up there for the day. Probably getting there about 10:30-11 am and staying for a bit. 25 bucks gets you a free authentic jersey along with coupons and first shot at the summer sale.

Old
07-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Anyone going to the Meigray event tomorrow? I am 90% sure I will be going up there for the day. Probably getting there about 10:30-11 am and staying for a bit. 25 bucks gets you a free authentic jersey along with coupons and first shot at the summer sale.

JOTS is going. I would have went but I'm in Florida.

Old
07-13-2012, 08:07 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Yup, I'll be there. I'll have a Giroux shirt on, Misses with the Briere. Hoping for a tent sale!

Closed Thread