HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colorado signs F P-A Parenteau (4 years, $16 million - $4m AAV)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 04:55 PM
  #51
The Pwnerer
We are never give up
 
The Pwnerer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 500
I don't think anyone said this but PAP is right handed and I think he primarily played the right side with Moulson on the left. Not sure if this is a problem or not I really hope Hejduk bounces back with a strong offseason to get back to where he can play.

The Pwnerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:59 PM
  #52
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!
 
RobinDIF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,386
vCash: 500
I was a bit scared of Parenteau cause I thought he would get stupid money. At 4.0M and replacement to Mueller. I dont mind this at all... It's a gamble. Of course. But I like that they are trying and going for it... Duchene playmate?

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:01 PM
  #53
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,446
vCash: 500
This is a huge upgrade on Mueller.

A.) This guy actually plays in games.
B.) He will turn Duchene into a scorer.

This will go down as the 3rd best signing of FA 2012 (after Parise and Suter)

NothingLikeAnEJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:01 PM
  #54
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
This is a huge upgrade on Mueller.

A.) This guy actually plays in games.
B.) He will turn Duchene into a scorer.

This will go down as the 3rd best signing of FA 2012 (after Parise and Suter)


It's sad that this has to even be pointed out, but so true.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:02 PM
  #55
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
The question is where does Hejduk slot to play?
If they don't bring in anyone one else, I think Downie shifts to the left.

McGinn-Stastny-Jones
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Hejduk
Downie-Duchene-PAP

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:07 PM
  #56
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
If they don't bring in anyone one else, I think Downie shifts to the left.

McGinn-Stastny-Jones
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Hejduk
Downie-Duchene-PAP
I like those lines and if Duke struggles Olver moves up to play with Radar and Landy and Duke moves down to the 4th line.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:10 PM
  #57
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 900
Nice words.

Quote:
"I'm so excited. They showed the most interest in me from the get-go, and I didn't take long deciding on Colorado," Parenteau said.

"They've got such a good, young group of forwards and I'm happy to be a part of it now. I'm 29 now, and I want to win, and I feel like I have a lot of good hockey left in me. I feel like I'm just getting things started."

Parenteau, whose initials stand for Pierre-Alexandre, posted 67 points for the Islanders in 80 games in 2011-12, a career high.

He scored 18 goals, with 49 assists, with 89 penalty minutes.

Parenteau, 29, is likely to become a winger on a line with Matt Duchene. That should suit Parenteau well, as he was often a linemate with Duchene's fellow 2009 NHL lottery pick, John Tavares.

"That wouldn't be too bad, playing with a guy like Matt Duchene. But there are a lot of other excellent forwards to play with too," said Parenteau, who made $1.25 million with the Islanders.

"After talking with the coach (Joe Sacco) and GM (Greg Sherman), it was clear they wanted me, and after talking briefly with my family, it became an easy decision."

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:10 PM
  #58
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 39,278
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Button and Mike Johnson saying that PAP is a perfect fit for Colorado.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:12 PM
  #59
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 900
FYI - @PAParenteau is his Twitter handle.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:16 PM
  #60
On Edge
Registered User
 
On Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,143
vCash: 500
Good luck with PAP - good guy who will be on your team. Will get his nose dirty but watch out for dumb@ss penalties. Like to see him do well with you guys.

On Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:17 PM
  #61
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B.C. Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
Let's not forget that we also added yet another 20-goal scorer although he is a playmaker.

AllAboutAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
  #62
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Nice words.

"I'm so excited. They showed the most interest in me from the get-go, and I didn't take long deciding on Colorado," Parenteau said.

"They've got such a good, young group of forwards and I'm happy to be a part of it now. I'm 29 now, and I want to win, and I feel like I have a lot of good hockey left in me. I feel like I'm just getting things started."

Parenteau, whose initials stand for Pierre-Alexandre, posted 67 points for the Islanders in 80 games in 2011-12, a career high.

He scored 18 goals, with 49 assists, with 89 penalty minutes.

Parenteau, 29, is likely to become a winger on a line with Matt Duchene. That should suit Parenteau well, as he was often a linemate with Duchene's fellow 2009 NHL lottery pick, John Tavares.

"That wouldn't be too bad, playing with a guy like Matt Duchene. But there are a lot of other excellent forwards to play with too," said Parenteau, who made $1.25 million with the Islanders.

"After talking with the coach (Joe Sacco) and GM (Greg Sherman), it was clear they wanted me, and after talking briefly with my family, it became an easy decision."
So they were the first to contact Parenteau, and Sakic, Sherman, and Sacco all talked to him? Really starting to sound like they didn't spend much time, if any at all talking to Parise.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:21 PM
  #63
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
So they were the first to contact Parenteau, and Sakic, Sherman, and Sacco all talked to him? Really starting to sound like they didn't spend much time, if any at all talking to Parise.
Well, it is confirmed that Sakic contacted Parenteau right after 12 PM, let him know we wanted him, and would be offering him a contract soon. I guess Sherman and Sacco talked to him a couple of hours later or something.

We had bigger fish(Carkner and Zanon) to fry first.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:22 PM
  #64
BoxOfChocolates
Registered User
 
BoxOfChocolates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Stankonia
Posts: 8,108
vCash: 500
It's nice to see us get another french guy.

BoxOfChocolates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:24 PM
  #65
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
It's nice to see us get another french guy.
Damn Frenchies :

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:27 PM
  #66
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,533
vCash: 500
I knew Dater was crazy for suggesting the Avs would get this guy. Lets make him a verbal punching bag because we're such knowledgeable fans.

Really good move by Colorado. Jones, Downie, and PAP on the right with Landeskog, McGinn, and Hejduk on the left. Very good depth.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:30 PM
  #67
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
It's nice to see us get another french guy.
The old Avalanche french bias.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:30 PM
  #68
Flanagan
Registered Loser
 
Flanagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,517
vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
It's nice to see us get another french guy.
He joins Giguere and Stastny

Flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:30 PM
  #69
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
"Joe sakic called PA Parenteau personally. They were 1st call. Avalanche wanted him bad and he felt that way."

http://twitter.com/#!/RenLavoieRDS
This makes me feel really good about this signing, if Sakic called him personally, that says alot about how they feel about him.

Im pretty jacked about this, I predicted over a month ago when TSN did its Avs Offseason outlook that Paranteau could be someone they targetted, feels good to sort of predict that hahaah!!!

Also, 4M is a good deal for a 65 Point player last year, and He'll fit nicely next to Duchene. Very happy with this signing.

So far for me we've had 2 good signings and 1 meh signing(Zanon, he's a decent player, I just dont see the need for so many 4/5/6 guys when we clearly need a Top pairing minute eater with EJ)

Dater says were not done yet, so I guess we'll wait and see what happens, but so far Im somewhat happy, Parise or Suter and this is an amazing day haha!

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:33 PM
  #70
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
I knew Dater was crazy for suggesting the Avs would get this guy. Lets make him a verbal punching bag because we're such knowledgeable fans.

Really good move by Colorado. Jones, Downie, and PAP on the right with Landeskog, McGinn, and Hejduk on the left. Very good depth.
Since I give him as much flack as anyone else, I'll give him props on that one. Think he was playing the odds a bit though that the Avs wouldn't land the big fish, and would go after the second tier guys.

I'll also give him a pass on being late to report contracts, if he's correct about the Post insisting on deals being 100% factual and done before he says anything. That's a pretty stupid policy, since their the only ones covering the Avalanche. Sounds like they're in bed with the team.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:37 PM
  #71
Emppu
Registered User
 
Emppu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Málaga, Andalucía
Country: Spain
Posts: 317
vCash: 500
Now THIS is a signing, not Mitchell nor Zanon

Emppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:37 PM
  #72
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Since I give him as much flack as anyone else, I'll give him props on that one. Think he was playing the odds a bit though that the Avs wouldn't land the big fish, and would go after the second tier guys.

I'll also give him a pass on being late to report contracts, if he's correct about the Post insisting on deals being 100% factual and done before he says anything. That's a pretty stupid policy, since their the only ones covering the Avalanche. Sounds like they're in bed with the team.
Yup. That's why I believe him when he says, "The Avs are NOT done. Stay tuned". It's vague but he might know what they plan on doing.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:42 PM
  #73
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,078
vCash: 500
So let me get these lines sorted in my head:

McGinn-Stastny-Jones (I think we all agree they should stay together)

Now you got only 1 natural LWer and 3 RW. I think Downie or Duke could play LW.

Lando-Radar-Hejduk
Downie-Duchene-Parenteau

OR

Lando-Duchene-Parenteau
Hejduk-Radar-Downie

Either way I think we'll see 2 things. Downie and Lando on seperate lines to balance out the toughness, and Parenteau will be put with Duchene.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:45 PM
  #74
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
Let's not forget that we also added yet another 20-goal scorer although he is a playmaker.
That's true. That's almost the entire top 9 as former 20 goal scorers, and all of them with 20 goal potential since O'Reilly had 18 last year.

Hejduk - Twelve (36,41,21,50,35,25,24,35,29,27,23,22)
Stastny - Five (28,24,20,22,21)
Duchene - Twice (24,27)
Jones - Twice (27,20)
Landeskog - Once (22)
Downie - Once (22)
Parenteau - Once (20,18)
McGinn - Once (20)

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:53 PM
  #75
Elever
Hth
 
Elever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,484
vCash: 500
I'm hoping this means we roll with 3 lines and no more Duchene-Stastny.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.