HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adrian Aucoin to columbus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 04:34 PM
  #1
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard
 
CBJWennberg41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 13,918
vCash: 500
Adrian Aucoin to columbus

CBJ have signed veteran D Adrian Aucoin to a one-year, $2M contract, plus bonuses

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...29293989019649

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:36 PM
  #2
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
And there's your depth defenseman.

leesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:36 PM
  #3
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,250
vCash: 500
Replaces Methot for one year, saves on contract costs, a much younger replacement will be starting in this "depth defenseman" position in 2013-14.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:37 PM
  #4
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,339
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Buying time for the young guys to rise to the top.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:38 PM
  #5
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,187
vCash: 500
Nothing wrong with this signing.

__________________
@Aportzline: RT @skeezer1212: @Aportzline are you on record about if you think they should trade Nash, *Carter? / Not my place. Reporter, not columnist.
1857 Howitzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:38 PM
  #6
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,065
vCash: 500
Good signing. Aucoin is a BEAST in the shootout. Not kidding.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:40 PM
  #7
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,187
vCash: 500
Stats: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=133

1857 Howitzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:42 PM
  #8
Byrral
Registered User
 
Byrral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Hopefully that cannon of shot he has is still in his game.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM
  #9
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,323
vCash: 500
Another move I like. Provides flexibility and depth in the d core.

Now lets work on forwards and, is there another area of need I can't remember?

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM
  #10
Socks
SharkCat Knows
 
Socks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: He Knows
Country: United States
Posts: 6,576
vCash: 500
I'm good with this. Not bad terms at all. Scotty seems to be 2 for 3 today (I really don't like McBackup )

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM
  #11
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,339
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
Another move I like. Provides flexibility and depth in the d core.

Now lets work on forwards and, is there another area of need I can't remember?
Banishing Steve Mason to Siberia.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:44 PM
  #12
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
Another move I like. Provides flexibility and depth in the d core.

Now lets work on forwards and, is there another area of need I can't remember?
Starting Goaltender..... Not a big need, mind you....

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:50 PM
  #13
wahsnairb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,788
vCash: 500
GMSH is having a nice day

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:00 PM
  #14
jore
Registered User
 
jore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
If we'd sign him for 1,2-1,5 million I'd be happy, but I wonder if he is still worth 2 millions a season? His point production has been going down, and at the age of 39 he must have lost a step or two. David Savard scored more points last season than Aucoin despite playing less than half the number of games Aucoin played...

Well, at least his +/- was still good.

jore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:02 PM
  #15
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 16,062
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Good signing, still need a goalie and some forwards though.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:02 PM
  #16
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jore View Post
If we'd sign him for 1,2-1,5 million I'd be happy, but I wonder if he is still worth 2 millions a season? His point production has been going down, and at the age of 39 he must have lost a step or two. David Savard scored more points last season than Aucoin despite playing less than half the number of games Aucoin played...

Well, at least his +/- was still good.
Why does it matter if it was 1.2 or 2? We have the money to spend.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:04 PM
  #17
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,261
vCash: 500
Good signing. I am glad we won't have to rely on 2 youngs guys for our 3rd D pairing to start the year out.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:05 PM
  #18
jore
Registered User
 
jore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Why does it matter if it was 1.2 or 2? We have the money to spend.
We may have to pay players over their market value to get them to sign in the first place, but overpaying for roster depth is both a waste of money and makes it harder to move the contracts. Granted Aucoin is here for only a year, but maybe that 0,8 million could have been spent better somewhere else.

Basically I'm just afraid that a 39-year old vet coming off a 2+7 season might not have much gas left in tank. Will he be the odd man out by December with a somewhat large paycheck? If he can keep his +14 I'd gladly pay him 2,5 millions.


Last edited by jore: 07-01-2012 at 05:18 PM.
jore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:39 PM
  #19
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Prospal can show Aucoin where to sign up for his Golden Buckeye card.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:48 PM
  #20
Bobcat110
Registered User
 
Bobcat110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jore View Post
We may have to pay players over their market value to get them to sign in the first place, but overpaying for roster depth is both a waste of money and makes it harder to move the contracts. Granted Aucoin is here for only a year, but maybe that 0,8 million could have been spent better somewhere else.

Basically I'm just afraid that a 39-year old vet coming off a 2+7 season might not have much gas left in tank. Will he be the odd man out by December with a somewhat large paycheck? If he can keep his +14 I'd gladly pay him 2,5 millions.
http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/CLB?year=2013

We HAVE to spend at least $54.2 million on Salary. That's the minimum required by the league. Don't worry about the $800,000. Currently, with Aucoin and WITH Nash we are at $51.3 million...WITHOUT Nash we are at $43.572. So, even if we kept Nash for the entire 2012-3 season, we still need to spend another $2.9 Million on depth players. If we trade Nash, we will need to take some serious salary in return and overpay a few FAs to reach the required payroll.


More than anything..i hope Aucoin is a good "player/coach" for helping Moore and Murray. Not as worried about what his on ice results will be, as we have too many other issues with this team.

Bobcat110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:53 PM
  #21
pepty
Registered User
 
pepty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,795
vCash: 400
One player from Ottawa out to be replaced by another player from Ottawa..

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:59 PM
  #22
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,187
vCash: 500
“@BlueJacketsNHL: Howson said free agency has gone according to the team's plan so far. Said Aucoin was the first defenseman they called today. #CBJ”

1857 Howitzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 06:10 PM
  #23
aDreamboat
Registered User
 
aDreamboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
More than anything..i hope Aucoin is a good "player/coach" for helping Moore and Murray. Not as worried about what his on ice results will be, as we have too many other issues with this team.
http://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/219540158452736002

Quote:
Aucoin mentored Seabrook and Keith when he was in Chicago. Did same with youngsters in Phoenix. Now he gets John Moore and Ryan Murray.
Looks like he's got some experience.

aDreamboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 06:20 PM
  #24
SoCalJacketsFan
Registered User
 
SoCalJacketsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DEFCON 3
Country: United States
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Prospal can show Aucoin where to sign up for his Golden Buckeye card.

SoCalJacketsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 06:29 PM
  #25
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/CLB?year=2013

We HAVE to spend at least $54.2 million on Salary. That's the minimum required by the league. Don't worry about the $800,000. Currently, with Aucoin and WITH Nash we are at $51.3 million...WITHOUT Nash we are at $43.572. So, even if we kept Nash for the entire 2012-3 season, we still need to spend another $2.9 Million on depth players. If we trade Nash, we will need to take some serious salary in return and overpay a few FAs to reach the required payroll.


More than anything..i hope Aucoin is a good "player/coach" for helping Moore and Murray. Not as worried about what his on ice results will be, as we have too many other issues with this team.
Exactly

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.