HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Semin

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
The Semin hate has gotten out of control. He is being made to look like a baby killer.
It's the lazy selfish Russian of the month bashfest bro. Last 2 months was Radulov, now it's Semin's turn. Ovechkin was lazy selfish Russian of the month for like half a year, Semin has ways to go to break that streak.

Old
07-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Or changed his name to Alexander Smith.

Seriously. Some of the same Flyers fans blasting his "one-dimensional" play are the biggest Briere defenders on the board.

Not canadiany enough

If he were Boyd Newbrunswickson though that might do it.

Old
07-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Gustavo Fring
Guns for Hands

As I Cap fan I don't want any part of Semin anymore, but man I hope he goes to the West and puts up monster numbers.

Old
07-01-2012, 04:57 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC24 View Post
As I Cap fan I don't want any part of Semin anymore, but man I hope he goes to the West and puts up monster numbers.
i agree semin may be to expensive for the caps, but if we dont replace with someone else we could miss him badly

Old
07-01-2012, 04:57 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNucks View Post
I was gonna type this exact response. Detroit is well known for reclamation projects. They've revived a lot of careers.

Semin is not a reclamation project though. He's an uncoachable, selfish winger who can score. I could see him going to Detroit, but I wouldn't expect much difference in his play.
Can you ****? You have no idea what you are talking about.

Semin was the mvp of the caps when backstrom went down under a defensive system of Hunter's that ignoramus' like you pinned him for failing miserably in.

You know why that is? Because he is the best playmaker behind backstrom. And his negative, to some, is he is the opposite of selfish. He is selfless, he is always setting up others. The problem people had was he wasn't being selfish enough.

So **** you swine, you're just another cliche xenophobic donkey joining in on the falsely distributed bashing.

Semin's numbers are equal to that of parises, and he accomplished that as a second line winger, diminished time, and no talent on his line 95 percent of the time.

He is an elite first line winger that has plays a skilled defensive game.he is a great two way forward.

So I'll say it one last time, **** you have no idea what you and anyone akin to your thinking are talking about

Old
07-01-2012, 05:02 PM
ThePsychicSaw

http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-...blockID=733818

Quote:

“I can tell you that’s the worst I’ve ever heard an analyst say about any player,” Gandler told CSNWashington.com. “What bothered me was that the host [James Duthie] did not step in.”

During TSN’s broadcast, McGuire accused Semin of being a bad teammate, adding, “he’s the ultimate coach killer, that's what he is.”

Crawford was just as critical of the 28-year-old Russian. When comparing him to Zach Parise, Crawford said, “You either take a guy who’s a complete winner, or take a guy who’s a complete loser. [Semin] falls in that category.”

Gandler said he believes Semin was the victim of Russian prejudice.

“If they said anything like that about any of the Canadian players…,” Gandler said. “It’s just prejudice and there is no place for that in the National Hockey League.”

Gandler said Semin is just as valuable as a free agent as New Jersey Devils forward Zach Parise.

“In fact, Semin’s stats are better than those of Parise,” Gandler said. “The only way to attack that is to call Semin names I have to tell you I’m going to check with my attorney.

“I think Pierre McGuire should know better. Take a look at Semin’s plus-minus over the same period of time as Parise. Look at his plus-minus over any period against his teammates with the Capitals and you will see he is not that guy they say.”

In seven seasons with the Capitals, Semin recorded 197 goals and 409 points in 469 regular games. He was a plus-65 during that time. In seven seasons in New Jersey, Parise recorded 194 goals and 410 points in 502 games with a plus-57 rating.

In 51 career playoff games Semin has 15 goals and 34 points. Parise has 21 goals and 43 points in 61 career playoff games

Asked if the comments made about Semin might impact his ability to sign with another NHL team, Gandler said, “I don’t know. I hope not. Listen, fans are listening to this and fans sometimes drive owners. Sometimes for a big deal like Semin will be getting, you need owner approval and this is what the owners hear and that’s very bad.”

Old
07-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Keifer

Let's bring this guy to vancouver

Old
07-01-2012, 05:09 PM
KenAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
i agree semin may be to expensive for the caps, but if we dont replace with someone else we could miss him badly
Semin probably won the Caps a dozen extra games last year, after subtracting the five or six that he cost the team with overly aggressive passes and stick penalties. Without Semin, or a replacement like Parise/Nash/Ryan, the Caps are not making the playoffs next year.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:12 PM
TmX

I would love to have semin on my team any day!
The TSN panel should be a shamed of them selves for brining down a player such as Semin. I really hope he signs and puts up monstrous numbers.
If he takes 5 mil a year I wouldn't mind the Canucks signing him

Old
07-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Hans Landaskog

vCash: 50
He'll go to Colorado now, Varlamov will be used as an inside perspective. Semin now is going to be really jacked up to prove naysayers.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenAF View Post
Semin probably won the Caps a dozen extra games last year, after accounting for the five or six that he cost us with overly aggressive passes and stick penalties. Without Semin, or a replacement like Parise/Nash/Ryan, the Caps are not making the playoffs next year.
Im sure Backstrom for 82 games / mike ribeiro / ovechkin bounce back season / holtby continuing his impressive play can all help them make the playoffs.

With that said id take semin for 5 mil.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:15 PM
ForzaItalia

No way he signs for $5 million per season.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
I bet he's waiting to see what Parise is doing. I'm sure if Parise says no to Detroit he will go to Detroit. I'm sure he'd love to be with Pasha.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:17 PM
WarriorofTime

"Semin is the ultimate loser". Really? There should be no place for this kind of BS on what is supposed to be respectable commentary. Total hack job.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

[QUOTE=ForzaItalia;51885847]No way he signs for $5 million per season With how he played last season and eveything he has surrounding him, not many teams will want to offer much more.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Are there any new rumors about Semin?

Old
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
No way he signs for $5 million per season With how he played last season and eveything he has surrounding him, not many teams will want to offer much more.
How did he play last season?

Old
07-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post

Quote:

“I can tell you that’s the worst I’ve ever heard an analyst say about any player,” Gandler told CSNWashington.com. “What bothered me was that the host [James Duthie] did not step in.”

During TSN’s broadcast, McGuire accused Semin of being a bad teammate, adding, “he’s the ultimate coach killer, that's what he is.”

Crawford was just as critical of the 28-year-old Russian. When comparing him to Zach Parise, Crawford said, “You either take a guy who’s a complete winner, or take a guy who’s a complete loser. [Semin] falls in that category.”

“If they said anything like that about any of the Canadian players…,” Gandler said. “It’s just prejudice and there is no place for that in the National Hockey League.”

Gandler said Semin is just as valuable as a free agent as New Jersey Devils forward Zach Parise.

“In fact, Semin’s stats are better than those of Parise,” Gandler said. “The only way to attack that is to call Semin names I have to tell you I’m going to check with my attorney.

“I think Pierre McGuire should know better. Take a look at Semin’s plus-minus over the same period of time as Parise. Look at his plus-minus over any period against his teammates with the Capitals and you will see he is not that guy they say.”

In seven seasons with the Capitals, Semin recorded 197 goals and 409 points in 469 regular games. He was a plus-65 during that time. In seven seasons in New Jersey, Parise recorded 194 goals and 410 points in 502 games with a plus-57 rating.

In 51 career playoff games Semin has 15 goals and 34 points. Parise has 21 goals and 43 points in 61 career playoff games

Asked if the comments made about Semin might impact his ability to sign with another NHL team, Gandler said, “I don’t know. I hope not. Listen, fans are listening to this and fans sometimes drive owners. Sometimes for a big deal like Semin will be getting, you need owner approval and this is what the owners hear and that’s very bad.”
It's embarrassing what the TSN panel said. Can't wait for him to sign and prove all naysayers wrong.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:22 PM
malPHONEY

The TSN crew should be ashamed of themselves. They are supposed to give expert analysis, but instead we get simple-minded, transparent, kindergarten level bashing.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
The Bruins lack a Semin/Kessel type.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:24 PM
KenAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
How did he play last season?
He was the best player on the team, statistically, after Dale Hunter took over and implemented his defense-first, trap-whenever-you-get-the-lead "system." Semin carried the team offensively while OV was slumping.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:32 PM
hb11xchamps

Quote:

Quote:

Wasn't Crawford interviewing for HC vacancies? Words like that will get you hired very fast.

Pierre was runner up for Montreal's GM spot and I could see why. Why would any team want a guy bashing players while being a vital part of an NHL organization. Very classless

Old
07-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
It's embarrassing what the TSN panel said. Can't wait for him to sign and prove all naysayers wrong.
They made their coverage look, no offense to any of us, like a particularly pathetic segment of an internet forum. What a disgrace.

Of course there are legitimate criticisms of Semin but these guys were wide of the mark, over the top, and gleefully offensive all at once.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:37 PM
iceless
-`ღ´-

Quote:

Quote:

Shame on Gandler for using plus-minus as a means to compare two players playing in completely different systems and not understanding that it's as much an offensive stat as it is a defensive stat. Granted, Semin isn't as horrible defensively as people make it out to be -- he's certainly more capable than Ovechkin in his own zone -- but to compare him to Parise in this regard is idiotic.

Now, Semin may end up being paid close to what Parise will get, but for different reasons. With Semin, you get a nimble, creative player with a top-5 wrist shot but is somewhat of an enigma, and tends to not show up for big games (hence the 'lazy Russian' moniker). With Parise, you get a leader, a real character guy who's hard working and great on the backcheck. He'll also chip in 30 odd goals a year as well. Outside of the fact that they both play LW, the two players couldn't be more different.

I know who I'd want on my team.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:38 PM
PensFan68

If the Pens don't get Parise (and I don't want him for 10 years 80 mil), I'd like them to look towards Semin. I'm sure he's looking for a big pay day too though. I wouldn't go 10 years with him though, maybe 5 max. Whether it's true or not, IMO the bad press will make it tough for him to get alot of years at big money as people may not want the risk.

Closed Thread