HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings part ways with Avery (L.A. Times)

Old
04-13-2006, 10:33 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
You must be the pride of this board. You have no argument what so ever with what I'm talking about, but you pick out one small detail and condescendingly say you disagree with it, and then accuse me of crying. And you wonder why these threads turn out certain ways?
huh? you're trying to pick a fight now... how hard is it to understand that I disagreed with that part of your rant?

i don't care about Avery vs Lappy or whatever the hell was going on with that.

again, my standpoint is that Avery would have had to be a fool to fight Fedoruk because Fedoruk is a top notch fighter. A heavyweight.

HOW HARD IS THIS TO COMPREHEND???

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears
huh? you're trying to pick a fight now... how hard is it to understand that I disagreed with that part of your rant?

i don't care about Avery vs Lappy or whatever the hell was going on with that.

again, my standpoint is that Avery would have had to be a fool to fight Fedoruk because Fedoruk is a top notch fighter. A heavyweight.

HOW HARD IS THIS TO COMPREHEND???
How hard is what to comprehend? You say you don't "care about Avery vs Lappy or whatever the hell was going on with that?" That's what I was talking about, genius. The Fedoruk episode was just one more example of him causing problems for his teammates, and it stemmed from him not backing up his actions on the ice, leaving someone else to protect him. Just because he shouldn't be expected to fight a bigger guy, doesn't detract from the point I was making. You failed to understand a simple concept, and have been badgering me about it with your last few posts. Why am I wasting my time with someone like you? I'm done with you.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 10:49 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
How hard is what to comprehend? You say you don't "care about Avery vs Lappy or whatever the hell was going on with that?" That's what I was talking about, genius. The Fedoruk episode was just one more example of him causing problems for his teammates, and it stemmed from him not backing up his actions on the ice, leaving someone else to protect him. Just because he shouldn't be expected to fight a bigger guy, doesn't detract from the point I was making. You failed to understand a simple concept, and have been badgering me about it with your last few posts. Why am I wasting my time with someone like you? I'm done with you.
I didn't badger you at all. Look back at the posts amigo...

I disagreed with you about Avery fighting Fedoruk. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Seriously... scroll back one page... open your eyes real wide this time.

Old
04-13-2006, 11:01 PM
took420s

Quote:
It's not like I'm coming around here looking for an argument.
Yet the very first thing you said was this?

Quote:
So which player on the Kings is Avery gonna run away from next year, like he did with Lappy this year?
Forgive me if I have mistaken you for a goodwill ambassador, looking to educate us on all that is Avery

You may now continue your irrational hate (subconscious love?)

took420s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 11:10 PM
FC

Quote:
Yea, because no other team's fans have anything of value to say. It's not like I'm coming around here looking for an argument. I simply stated my opinion, and am defending it. Nothing I have said is that bad. I started off trying to make a comparison to Lappy's situation this year, and that of next year, where Avery might pull the same thing against a Kings player. Then someone asked me for a link, and I provided it. I don't know why some of you are so sensitive about someone saying one small thing about a guy you all should be sick of by now.
Seriously man my post had nothing to do with what you were saying. I didnt even bother reading any of them till I saw my handle quoted. It was just me stating the truth, not only about any Avery topic where its the same thing over and over by visitors, but also when theres any news about the Kings. People like to think they know everything from reading newspapers and whatnot.

FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefmonarch
Seriously man my post had nothing to do with what you were saying. I didnt even bother reading any of them till I saw my handle quoted. It was just me stating the truth, not only about any Avery topic where its the same thing over and over by visitors, but also when theres any news about the Kings. People like to think they know everything from reading newspapers and whatnot.
Ok then, my mistake. I thought you were talking about me, since I was the only non Kings fan that I noticed. Believe me, I understand how you guys can be sick of people coming in here, giving you crap about Avery, but I didn't think I went to that level, that's why I've kind of been on the defensive here.

Old
04-13-2006, 11:33 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Ok then, my mistake. I thought you were talking about me, since I was the only non Kings fan that I noticed. Believe me, I understand how you guys can be sick of people coming in here, giving you crap about Avery, but I didn't think I went to that level, that's why I've kind of been on the defensive here.
you're not done apologizing my friend...

Old
04-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Trust me, it's been nothing but trench warfare with us and other posters coming in here trying to knock our team and Avery. We get pretty testy over that kind of thing. I think most of us have gotten warning points, and we've gotten quite a few incoming posters banned for being trolls. It just gets old.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
Yet the very first thing you said was this?

Forgive me if I have mistaken you for a goodwill ambassador, looking to educate us on all that is Avery

You may now continue your irrational hate (subconscious love?)
Well I don't really hate the guy, I just have a strong dislike for the guy, and it's about as much as any other fan outside of the few Kings fans that still like him, and I don't think it's in any way irrational. He is a good player, but how could you call people disliking a guy like that, irrational hate?

As for my first post in here, I don't see how that was trying to educate anyone on Avery. It was a light hearted question, that I think could actually end up happening very easily. I can see Avery doing the same thing next year while with another team, where he bad mouths a guy on the Kings, and brags about how he's gonna beat them up, and then when they go to challenge him, he will skate away. If he did it to such a likable guy like Lappy, he could do it to anyone. If you take such offense to such a small thing, you are way too sensitive to Avery comments, even with the amount of crap you guys have to read regarding Avery.

Old
04-14-2006, 12:02 AM
nikolai19

Thre real question is if Lombardi comes in, will Avery be around? If Sutter or Nolan comes in, will Avery be around? How quickly will the new GM part ways with Armstrong, Robitalle, Roenick, Miller, Dempsey, Cowan, and other parts that are very expensive and can be replaced with free agents or youth?

From June to September will be the most exciting time since the Gretzky era, because this team is getting the overhaul they've needed for 10 years. One way or another, the changes are going to come hot and heavy.

nikolai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2006, 12:23 AM
took420s

Quote:
Well I don't really hate the guy, I just have a strong dislike for the guy, and it's about as much as any other fan outside of the few Kings fans that still like him, and I don't think it's in any way irrational. He is a good player, but how could you call people disliking a guy like that, irrational hate?

As for my first post in here, I don't see how that was trying to educate anyone on Avery. It was a light hearted question, that I think could actually end up happening very easily. I can see Avery doing the same thing next year while with another team, where he bad mouths a guy on the Kings, and brags about how he's gonna beat them up, and then when they go to challenge him, he will skate away. If he did it to such a likable guy like Lappy, he could do it to anyone. If you take such offense to such a small thing, you are way too sensitive to Avery comments, even with the amount of crap you guys have to read regarding Avery.
Didn't you say you were done?

took420s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
Didn't you say you were done?
Wow, what a response to my attempt at a serious, nonconfrontational post. I said I was done with savemefromtears, and since all you seem to have now are petty little remarks, I'm done with you too. Seriously, it's like some of you can't hold a normal conversation, without antagonizing someone, and you wonder why these threads get so out of control.

Old
04-14-2006, 12:36 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Wow, what a response to my attempt at a serious, nonconfrontational post. I said I was done with savemefromtears, and since all you seem to have now are petty little remarks, I'm done with you too. Seriously, it's like some of you can't hold a normal conversation, without antagonizing someone, and you wonder why these threads get so out of control.
LOL I never antagonized you. I simply said Avery was a fool to fight Fedoruk.

If you are 'done with me,' you simply admit that you got extremely defensive and in turn went out to badger others. i never even said anything to you or about anything you said except for the Avery/Fedoruk quam.

is my conversation not normal?

Old
04-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears
LOL I never antagonized you. I simply said Avery was a fool to fight Fedoruk.

If you are 'done with me,' you simply admit that you got extremely defensive and in turn went out to badger others. i never even said anything to you or about anything you said except for the Avery/Fedoruk quam.

is my conversation not normal?
Since you asked me a direct question, I'll answer. When people on message boards ask other people what they are crying about, they only have the intention of antogonizing someone, instead of talking about the topic. It's usually because they don't have much of an argument, not that that applies to you in this case, but it certainly makes it look so, which is why I have tried to stop talking about this with you and took420's. My last post was more in reference to him, which is why I quoted him. He tried to make it look like my first post in the thread was something it wasn't, so I politely explained why it wasn't, and why it was harmless, and all he had to come back with was "didn't you say you were done?" Of course I know I'm basically asking for it again, with replying to you, but you asked me a direct question, and didn't seem to have that "what are you crying for" tone to it, so I decided to explain my point of view. I'm willing to continue this with you if you like via PM, but there's no reason to use this thread, if were the only ones talking, and all were doing is bickering with each other.

Old
04-14-2006, 11:29 AM
jfont

Awards:
just wondering who do the kings have left from the schneider deal?

who were the 1st and 2nd round picks that they got?

04-14-2006, 11:34 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
just wondering who do the kings have left from the schneider deal?

who were the 1st and 2nd round picks that they got?
The first round pick was Tambellini and I believe the 2nd round pick went in the Cechmanek deal

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2006, 12:42 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
The first round pick was Tambellini and I believe the 2nd round pick went in the Cechmanek deal
Ouch. At the time it was made, the deal was good, bordering on great return. Asset management has been so very very bad. Schneider is an outside Norris candidate and we're looking at having Brent Sopel out of the whole affair.

Is Kuznetsov still in our system or did he wash out? Won't make up for anything, but I'm curious...

multiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2006, 12:55 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball
Schneider is an outside Norris candidate and we're looking at having Brent Sopel out of the whole affair.
aw c'mon Brent Sopel has been kicking like Jackie Chan!

and no, he's not overpriced...

ok i quit, here we go: