HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Moore

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2012, 10:07 AM
  #1
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,275
vCash: 500
John Moore

I haven't seen a recent topic on him. Sorry if there is.

I was just wondering how he is progressing. Hi stats aren't impressive at all so I'm looking for details from people who see him play regularly.

What do you expect from him next season?

thanks for the info.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:41 AM
  #2
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
I haven't seen a recent topic on him. Sorry if there is.

I was just wondering how he is progressing. Hi stats aren't impressive at all so I'm looking for details from people who see him play regularly.

What do you expect from him next season?

thanks for the info.
For me, it was a tail of two seasons for Moore. He wasn't expected to be on the roster but once on it, he ended up playing the most games out of anyone on our defense. The first 1/3 of the season he was clearly being protected as much as possible. He played well and I thought was better than expected. Nothing flashy but I didn't feel there were glaring coverage mistakes or ill timed jumps, etc. The second 1/3 of the season I thought he started to blossom. Took more aggressive positions in the offense and began to play more minutes. Seemed like he was blossoming into a likely top 4 guy quicker than expected. The last 1/3 of the season he is hard to explain. I felt like he started to demand the puck more. Was much more aggressive in his play and even started to take the body (albeit slightly it was more, in my opinion, than previously seen). Unfortunately he seemed to be out of position more often and start to have lapses in all zones.

Overall, I was pretty pleased with his season. He needs to add strength to endure a full season but he showed his skating ability and help in all three zones. His decision making improved overall and I really like the fact he started to jump into the play and demand the puck. I think he has a very bright future and with a taste of the NHL my hope is that he learns a NHL off season training program to help him going forward. He has a bright future.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:19 PM
  #3
FlaggerX
Registered User
 
FlaggerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
For me, it was a tail of two seasons for Moore. He wasn't expected to be on the roster but once on it, he ended up playing the most games out of anyone on our defense. The first 1/3 of the season he was clearly being protected as much as possible. He played well and I thought was better than expected. Nothing flashy but I didn't feel there were glaring coverage mistakes or ill timed jumps, etc. The second 1/3 of the season I thought he started to blossom. Took more aggressive positions in the offense and began to play more minutes. Seemed like he was blossoming into a likely top 4 guy quicker than expected. The last 1/3 of the season he is hard to explain. I felt like he started to demand the puck more. Was much more aggressive in his play and even started to take the body (albeit slightly it was more, in my opinion, than previously seen). Unfortunately he seemed to be out of position more often and start to have lapses in all zones.

Overall, I was pretty pleased with his season. He needs to add strength to endure a full season but he showed his skating ability and help in all three zones. His decision making improved overall and I really like the fact he started to jump into the play and demand the puck. I think he has a very bright future and with a taste of the NHL my hope is that he learns a NHL off season training program to help him going forward. He has a bright future.
I think that's a fair assessment. When he used his skating to get out of trouble, he looked fabulous. Of course other teams recognized what an outstanding skater he is and planned their forecheck accordingly. I think he's coming along nicely, but needs more time to fully blossom.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:46 PM
  #4
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,275
vCash: 500
thanks for the info.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:06 AM
  #5
habs1988
Registered User
 
habs1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: I don't know
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
John Moore

With Ryan Murray and David Savard, where would you rank John Moore in D chart?

Does he still have potential there?

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:10 AM
  #6
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
With Ryan Murray and David Savard, where would you rank John Moore in D chart?

Does he still have potential there?
As of now, he's above both of them.

Yes, there is still potential. He's played exactly one NHL season.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:39 PM
  #7
FlaggerX
Registered User
 
FlaggerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 500
With the Methot-Foligno trade it seems likely that the third pairing job has just been handed to Murry and Moore. Hope they're both ready for it.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:28 PM
  #8
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
The strangest thing about Moore is I see him becoming more of a two-way PMD than an actual offensive defenseman a la Mike Green. That's based on how he was utilized last season.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 08:48 PM
  #9
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,141
vCash: 50
Was he ever really touted as an offensive defender? I don't remember the scouting report on him before we drafted him, but I do think that ever since I've seen him play I always thought he was going to develop into a two way guy that scored around 40 points per season while being able to go up against the other teams top players like a Bowmeester. I like Moore's positioning and stick skills a lot better than Green, I think he has a lot more defensive potential than Green had/has. He might end up being a guy like Meszaros or top out around Bowmeester, either way I'm satisfied with how much he improved last season.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.