HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
That's actually a pretty effective style of game if your job is to tire out the opponents D while not being a defensive liability. There's a reason why, except for one bad game against Buffalo, he was rarely on the ice for a goal against.
That may be true, but that game was so awful I was waiting for him to pull off his Rangers jersey to reveal his Sabres jersey, thus completing his heel turn

Old
07-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
How dare you bring logic into the equation. It's more fun to panic after day one than to wait to see how everything plays out.

Everyone needs to realize its July 1st. There's still plenty of time to tweak everything around. Of also have to take into account rookies win spots in camp.

Everyone just needs to relax a little bit.
And honestly, if we go into the season with Dubinsky, Kreider or Hagelin in that first line LW spot, it won't be the end of the world. There's a whole season to go through, including the trade deadline to find a trade that's the right fit. It might not be the most ideal situation in the world, but it's still pretty damn good to have those three guys as our LW corps.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:18 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
It's John ****ing Mitchell. A lower seed because we lost a mediocre 4th line player? Possession is fantastic, but it's moot when you constantly turn the puck over. He is an offensive blackhole, too.
If there was a "like" option for posts I'd like this post. John Mitchell is the most useless player on the Rangers not named John Scott. He won't be missed. I don't know what he has to do with GA.

Old
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
I still think Sather will get Nash at his price.

Howson has been backed into a corner. NO way he could possibly keep Nash after all of this.

Dubinsky/Erixon/Thomas/1st.

SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

If the fourth line stays as is. And Tortorella starts benching guys. That's part of the problem.

That's not depth. That's a short bench...again...and that's when you run out of gas in the Conference Final two wins from playing for the Cup. Hell of a time to run out of gas.

The point as Tortorella talked about repeatedly since game six, was to ADD DEPTH. So that he doesn't have to play a short bench. So he can have his top guys healthy deep into a season and in the playoffs.

Rupp and Asham and surely not Haley solve anything. They solve nothing.

The fourth line should be comprised of guys who can skate, kill penalties, and frustrate the opposition.

This way, guys like Stepan don't have to kill as many penalties. Don't have to block as many shots and be worn out by the time the playoffs start.

If your fourth line is doing grunt work and contributing, you're getting more out of your top guys because they're more fresh.

Its reciprocal.

We need depth. We need more speed down there.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:20 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

I'm down with grabbing Pyatt. I think he'd help add some quality depth to the bottom 6.

I'm not in a panic yet, its only July 1st.

I'm also starting to think a Nash trade is going to happen.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:20 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

I would like to see Yogan get a shot in place of Rupp. I think he could manage at this point.

Yogan-Boyle-Asham could be a solid, solid line.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
I still think Sather will get Nash at his price.

Howson has been backed into a corner. NO way he could possibly keep Nash after all of this.

Dubinsky/Erixon/Thomas/1st.
But that means Howson is taking his meds finally

Old
07-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

SSM, I've been advocating that for weeks, although I'd rather do it directly than through upgrading the top 6 due to the cost of it.

I'm willing to stay patient here for now.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
I'm also starting to think a Nash trade is going to happen.
any if it does its impossible to judge the team until that trade goes down cause our depth could be solidified or destroyed by who is in the deal.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
I would like to see Yogan get a shot in place of Rupp. I think he could manage at this point.

Yogan-Boyle-Asham could be a solid, solid line.
shouldn't we let yogan see if he can play at the ahl level first?

Old
07-01-2012, 10:24 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
If the fourth line stays as is. And Tortorella starts benching guys. That's part of the problem.

That's not depth. That's a short bench...again...and that's when you run out of gas in the Conference Final two wins from playing for the Cup. Hell of a time to run out of gas.

The point as Tortorella talked about repeatedly since game six, was to ADD DEPTH. So that he doesn't have to play a short bench. So he can have his top guys healthy deep into a season and in the playoffs.

Rupp and Asham and surely not Haley solve anything. They solve nothing.

The fourth line should be comprised of guys who can skate, kill penalties, and frustrate the opposition.

This way, guys like Stepan don't have to kill as many penalties. Don't have to block as many shots and be worn out by the time the playoffs start.

If your fourth line is doing grunt work and contributing, you're getting more out of your top guys because they're more fresh.

Its reciprocal.

We need depth. We need more speed down there.
You're missing the point. It's July 1st. July ******* 1st.

There's still guys out there to be had. There are still trades to be made. There is still a chance for rookies to win a spot in training camp. Fedotenko way be back. It's to ******* early to start complaining.

Do you honesty think after one day of free agency Glen Sather's offseason is done? Unnecessary panic. I'm so happy 95% of this board is not the GM of the NY Rangers.

07-01-2012, 10:25 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I don't see any Dman who is left in FA that addresses our needs in our D core. At least not any who can act as a legit triggerman on our PP. Couple guys can play RD in the FA market, but they may as well keep Strahlman and hope for Sauer to get back in the lineup. I really don't see a trade for one.

I honestly think the Dman situation will be handled internally this season. But they absolutely have to address a top 6 winger. They can't twittle their thumbs about that.
If the money is available (ie- if they don't do something stupid re: Nash), I'd like to see them send a 2nd rounder to Dallas for Robidas. He isn't what he once was, but he'd be fine as a stop-gap so that we don't have to rush McI or Erixon.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Lets be honest here.

Outside of the Staal trade, has there been any earth shattering trades yet? What is the best value player so far Whitney? Garrison?

Nothing has happened yet.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:26 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
XXXX-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-Dubinsky
Rupp-Boyle-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-XXXX
Del Zotto-Stralman

Two real holes to fill. Move A forward+ for Nash/Ryan and sign one of Jagr/Mueller for added depth. Not sure who can fill in on D.
Quote:
How dare you bring logic into the equation. It's more fun to panic after day one than to wait to see how everything plays out.

Everyone needs to realize its July 1st. There's still plenty of time to tweak everything around. Of also have to take into account rookies win spots in camp.

Everyone just needs to relax a little bit.

So you're content to play a full season with only 9 forwards and five defenseman?

Asham and Rupp are ****ing useless.

Stralman may not play in North America. His wife/family wants to return to Sweden.

Right now its:

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal -
Del Zotto -
Bickel

Tortorella gave Bickel four minutes in the playoffs...he's going to play 15 minutes now?

There are TWO holes on defense to fill.

The fourth line is the worst we have had post lockout. Bar none.

And we still need at least one top six forward.

We wasted time on Asham and Haley.

There is legitimate reason for concern. Burying your head in the sand and hoping it goes away isn't solving anything.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Bickel was a rookie last year...

Old
07-01-2012, 10:29 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
A lot of panic and despair around here. Last time I checked there was still over 100 days until opening night.
Didn't you hear? The season starts tomorrow.

But seriously, just laugh it off and be glad Slats has more patience than the kids here.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:30 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
shouldn't we let yogan see if he can play at the ahl level first?
If he's worse than Rupp, then yes, unless Yogan is looking VERY raw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Lets be honest here.

Outside of the Staal trade, has there been any earth shattering trades yet? What is the best value player so far Whitney? Garrison?

Nothing has happened yet.
I would have taken Ribeiro at the ridiculously cheap price he went at, but I agree. It's a game of patience now. Just because a move hasnt been made doesnt mean a move isnt being discussed. Based on what I've read on Twitter, EVERY team is waiting for Parise and Suter to sign before making their other moves, whether it be trades or mid-tier UFA signings. Patience is virtue.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
So you're content to play a full season with only 9 forwards and five defenseman?

Asham and Rupp are ****ing useless.

Stralman may not play in North America. His wife/family wants to return to Sweden.

Right now its:

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal -
Del Zotto -
Bickel

Tortorella gave Bickel four minutes in the playoffs...he's going to play 15 minutes now?

There are TWO holes on defense to fill.

The fourth line is the worst we have had post lockout. Bar none.

And we still need at least one top six forward.

We wasted time on Asham and Haley.

There is legitimate reason for concern. Burying your head in the sand and hoping it goes away isn't solving anything.
Neither is *****ing about it on July 1st acting as if the sky is falling. Plenty of time to fill holes and finalize the roster.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:32 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Neither is *****ing about it on July 1st acting as if the sky is falling. Plenty of time to fill holes and finalize the roster.
Exactly. A huge part of the market is still out there.

We're only 8 hours and a half in to free agency. The sky hasn't fallen yet.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:33 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
You're missing the point. It's July 1st. July ******* 1st.

There's still guys out there to be had. There are still trades to be made. There is still a chance for rookies to win a spot in training camp. Fedotenko way be back. It's to ******* early to start complaining.

Do you honesty think after one day of free agency Glen Sather's offseason is done? Unnecessary panic. I'm so happy 95% of this board is not the GM of the NY Rangers.
Ask yourself if you honestly believe that after spending money and time on Asham and Rupp that they won't be on this roster?

Its a problem.

They better fast track kids.

The free agency market is garbage. Its over priced.

And trading requires depleting any depth We do have plus emptying the system.

The option should NOT have been a POS like Asham. Prust leaving was a golden opportunity to improve the fourth line. Not make it less mobile and less effective.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:33 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

Asham isnt useless. That is 100% false. He's a good 4th liner. Should more offense than Prust from that position.

That's 10 forwards who will play regular minutes. Just add a top-6 player and see if a kid can take Rupp's spot.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:34 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
On the trade front, the Rangers appear to be the front-runner in the race for Columbus power forward Rick Nash, but as was the case at the trade deadline in February, general manager Glen Sather will not include Chris Kreider, Ryan McDonagh or Derek Stepan in any deal. The Rangers have proposals on the table and Nash has the Rangers on a short list of teams to which he can be dealt, but Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson remains adamant about what he wants.
Quote:
Several free-agent defensemen, such as Milan Jurcina, are believed to be on the Rangers' radar, as well as forward Jiri Hudler, depending on the cost.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...nash-1.3817104

Quote:
Expect that resolution on Bobby Ryan and Ducks won't come until how things shake out with Zach Parise/Rick Nash
https://twitter.com/icemancometh/sta...07397734420481

Old
07-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

It's about to be July 2nd. San Jose, Los Angeles, Detroit (except for Samuelsson), Chicago, Boston, Toronto, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and the Rangers have all yet to make any moves of significance. Suter and Parise are still out there and the FA class is weak. Too much worrying about what did or didn't happen today for what the reality is.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:36 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

And who is in panic?

Since when is bringing up a blatant issue considered panic?

Voice of reason isn't "oh gee".

Voice of reason is recognizing an issue when its there.

Closed Thread