HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012 Coyotes Off-Season Thread (part 2)

Old
07-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
I asked Sarah Mcllelan what she thinks we should expect, and she said "Expect Trades MT"

Dont really know what "MT" means though lol.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:26 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

The maloney video on the Yotes site makes it seem like he expect to trade blueliners for forwards later in the off season once the UFA dust has settled.

Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
MT means modified tweet so she probably changed something in your original tweet to send the answer to everyone...probably got the same question from others.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I asked Sarah Mcllelan what she thinks we should expect, and she said "Expect Trades MT"

Dont really know what "MT" means though lol.
Is there any reason we should trust what she says though? Honestly everything I've read on here that came from her sounds suspect.

If she's just speculating it doesn't sound any more informed than one of rt's trade board threads

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:29 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Well, if he really was living off JT then either PA or his agent is VERY smart because he landed in a place where he can likely do the same thing.

Yeah, and if we only offered Whitney 1 year there is almost no way I can see us landing him then. I think it's going to be Sullivan if its a FA at all. Otherwise were going back to the old fall back of trying to swing a Lombardi trade like Langkow last season.
We aren't limited to one year deals. We gave Moss two years. We just didn't offer a 40year old wizard a two year deal. That's all.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:31 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Is there any reason we should trust what she says though? Honestly everything I've read on here that came from her sounds suspect.

If she's just speculating it doesn't sound any more informed than one of rt's trade board threads
Watch the Maloney interview. Straight from the horses mouth.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
The maloney video on the Yotes site makes it seem like he expect to trade blueliners for forwards later in the off season once the UFA dust has settled.
He better not trade Yandle or OEL. I'd rather be patient no matter how ****ed up the ownership mess is.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:44 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

Quote:
We aren't limited to one year deals
I never thought we were, but if we can't offer Whitney what he wants it's not too crazy to think we can't offer Hudler what he wants.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I never thought we were, but if we can't offer Whitney what he wants it's not too crazy to think we can't offer Hudler what he wants.
Hudler's going to get 4-5yrs for 4-5mil aav. If we think he is worth that, what's the issue?

Old
07-01-2012, 11:00 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
He better not trade Yandle or OEL. I'd rather be patient no matter how ****ed up the ownership mess is.
Probably more likely to be Schlemko, Summers, Stone, Rundblad, or Murphy.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

http://t.co/2tTU5Kb4

The Ducks are pissed about the Schultz ordeal and I think they should be. I wish Maloney was this vocal about the ****ing CBA when Wheeler bailed.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:05 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
OEL is not getting moved. There's no worry there. The talk of dealing Yandle relates to their fears as to what it will take to lock up OEL long-term. Think Staal type cash given the insanity we are seeing today.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:23 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Probably more likely to be Schlemko, Summers, Stone, Rundblad, or Murphy.
And the return on any one of those players, including picks offered (even if it was a first rounder), would not scratch the surface of losing Whitney's abilities...

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:23 PM
SweYote

Quote:
Hudler's going to get 4-5yrs for 4-5mil aav. If we think he is worth that, what's the issue?
Hudler would be an upgrade to the Coyotes roster but if he's really going to get a contract like that I would stay away. I don't think he's worth that.

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:26 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

Quote:
Every time we need some sort of trump card to reel in a FA we seem to be lacking it. Extra year with Whitney. Stability with Michalek and possibly Doan.

Granted he's not a Forward, but supposedly Garrison left "Wideman money" on the table to take a discount and play with Vancouver. The Coyotes don't have this type of luxury either.

We can offer Hudler a deal that is totally fair market value and will probably get beat. DM is negotiating from nearly the weakest position possible and actually reeling these guys in is going to be insanely difficult.

If Hudler is going to get the exact contract you say then at least one other team is going to offer him the same thing. What do the Coyotes have to separate themselves from that other team at the same money? Exactly nothing.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
And the return on any one of those players, including picks offered (even if it was a first rounder), would not scratch the surface of losing Whitney's abilities...
At this point, I would be happy with a competent top 6 guy, we made the WCF without huge contributions from Ray.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Every time we need some sort of trump card to reel in a FA we seem to be lacking it. Extra year with Whitney. Stability with Michalek and possibly Doan.

Granted he's not a Forward, but supposedly Garrison left "Wideman money" on the table to take a discount and play with Vancouver. The Coyotes don't have this type of luxury either.

We can offer Hudler a deal that is totally fair market value and will probably get beat. DM is negotiating from nearly the weakest position possible and actually reeling these guys in is going to be insanely difficult.

If Hudler is going to get the exact contract you say then at least one other team is going to offer him the same thing. What do the Coyotes have to separate themselves from that other team at the same money? Exactly nothing.
We have a lot of Czech dudes?

Old
07-01-2012, 11:40 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

Everything any other team can offer. WCFs, a fantastic staff, great team, strong Czech contingent and what else do you want? Does I guy who's moved from the Czech Republic to Grand Rapids to Detroit to Russia and back to Detroit really care if the market he plays for is in Phoenix or QC? I doubt it.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:48 PM
hbk

Quote:
Everything any other team can offer. WCFs, a fantastic staff, great team, strong Czech contingent and what else do you want? Does I guy who's moved from the Czech Republic to Grand Rapids to Detroit to Russia and back to Detroit really care if the market he plays for is in Phoenix or QC? I doubt it.
tax wise the difference is huge

Old
07-01-2012, 11:51 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
tax wise the difference is huge
That's definitely true. Don't you get a tremendous tax break for working a huge percentage of your time outside the province/country, though? Like he'd really onoy have to pay half the difference or so?

Old
07-01-2012, 11:55 PM
hbk

Quote:
That's definitely true. Don't you get a tremendous tax break for working a huge percentage of your time outside the province/country, though? Like he'd really onoy have to pay half the difference or so?
on the personal income tax maybe. it's the everytime I have to buy something locally and pay 14% tax that sucks.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:56 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
Methot returned Foligno who is a hell of a player. There may be some teams looking to create cap space. Guys like Schlemko, Summers and Stone are solid, NHL ready and dirt cheap.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:57 PM
_Del_

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweYote
Hudler would be an upgrade to the Coyotes roster but if he's really going to get a contract like that I would stay away. I don't think he's worth that.
The thing is he probably isn't. But in two years time, it won't look bad. Michalek was badly overpaid at contract time, but now toward the end of his deal, it kind of looks like a steal after looking at the field day going on today for dmen.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
on the personal income tax maybe. it's the everytime I have to buy something locally and pay 14% tax that sucks.
That is quite a bit. Sales tax here is 9%, or so, iirc. I'm sure homes are a lot more expensive, too.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:52 AM
drgregg

Quote:
That is quite a bit. Sales tax here is 9%, or so, iirc. I'm sure homes are a lot more expensive, too.
Everything is more expensive up here. My parents winter in Apache Junction and would call to taunt me about the prices of alcohol and groceries. Any salary, NHL or otherwise would go further in AZ.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote