Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2012, 10:42 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Difference. Shea did NOT sign his commitment to the USNTDP. He was guaranteed a spot but never signed. From the sounds of it, Eichel has indeed signed his commitment.
Wrong. Shea absolutely signed his contract and Moncton ponied up the fee to get him out of it. He was an early commit to the NTDP, just as Eichel. USAH doesn't announce NTDP commits until the players have officially signed their contracts. If Eichel decides to join Halifax, they'll write a blank check if its necessary to get him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Not to mention all the political BS that is surrounded around the process.

But really the kid will want to leave... I can't remember the last player to break his USNTDP commitment.
Brandon Shea. Jared Knight. Bobby Ryan. Those are some of the high profile players to have done it.

06-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Wrong. Shea absolutely signed his contract and Moncton ponied up the fee to get him out of it. He was an early commit to the NTDP, just as Eichel. USAH doesn't announce NTDP commits until the players have officially signed their contracts. If Eichel decides to join Halifax, they'll write a blank check if its necessary to get him.
My bad...I must be confused

Old
06-15-2012, 07:56 AM
kalvincline

According to Russell, he’s expecting between 26 and 30 rookies. I only count 25...

Forwards (12): Davis, Blanchard, Pye, Eichel, Hayden, Warner, Beauchemin, Lacroix-Courville, Alcade, Mullaly, Gaudet, Molloy
Defense (11): Goulet, Iodice, Kavanaugh, Lovell, Romoff, Weegar, Hennebury, MacDonald, Gibson, McNeil, MacEachern
Goalies (2): Fraser, Ellis

Who am I missing?

Let's assume Eickel doesn't show, what chance do the other picks have of making it?

Old
06-15-2012, 09:28 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvincline View Post
According to Russell, he’s expecting between 26 and 30 rookies. I only count 25...

Forwards (12): Davis, Blanchard, Pye, Eichel, Hayden, Warner, Beauchemin, Lacroix-Courville, Alcade, Mullaly, Gaudet, Molloy
Defense (11): Goulet, Iodice, Kavanaugh, Lovell, Romoff, Weegar, Hennebury, MacDonald, Gibson, McNeil, MacEachern

Who am I missing?

Let's assume Eickel doesn't show, what chance do the other picks have of making it?
I don't think Alcade will, he's a 96 who played espoir last year... I don't know about him though...

Old
06-15-2012, 10:55 PM
ReppingMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I don't think Alcade will, he's a 96 who played espoir last year... I don't know about him though...
Alcade is a 95 who played espoir in the 2010-2011 season with the LSL Tigers.... He played with Ontario Hockey Academy this year. Big strong kid that will drop the gloves, looks like a solid 4th liner who can mix it up.

Wondering about Romoff though, isn't he committed to Brown University?

Old
06-15-2012, 11:06 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingMTL View Post
Alcade is a 95 who played espoir in the 2010-2011 season with the LSL Tigers.... He played with Ontario Hockey Academy this year. Big strong kid that will drop the gloves, looks like a solid 4th liner who can mix it up.

Wondering about Romoff though, isn't he committed to Brown University?
Intrestung how he didn't make the AAA cut this year, and yes your right about Alcade. I confused him with Brandon Kosik, Halifax could use grit no ?

Old
06-17-2012, 12:49 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

I think Dominic Beauchemin should make the team. Very good in the QJAAAHL this past season.

Last edited by QMJHLfollower: 06-17-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old
06-17-2012, 02:07 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
I think Dominic Beauchemin should make the team. Very good in the QJAAAHL this past season.
Position ? Stats ? Team ?

Old
06-17-2012, 03:50 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Make what team?

Old
06-18-2012, 11:49 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Position ? Stats ? Team ?
Left winger, 41GP, 31G, 44A, 75P, Longueuil Collège-Français, LHJAAAQ (Halifax Mooseheads has his rights).

Big forward with skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Make what team?
Halifax Mooseheads.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:26 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Left winger, 41GP, 31G, 44A, 75P, Longueuil Collège-Français, LHJAAAQ (Halifax Mooseheads has his rights).

Big forward with skills.

Halifax Mooseheads.
Solid stats, IMO QJAAAHL is pretty weak, you can see players with 2-3 PPG averages... Never actually seen a game though but I'm told that the gap between the top players and the fringes ones is huge... However we'll see what happens with him...

Old
06-18-2012, 01:32 PM
nsguy009
Rookie User

Quote:

Big forward with skills.

Halifax Mooseheads.
Alex Cote had 100 points in that league and was a healthy scratch for the Mooseheads in the playoffs this past season.

This year's Mooseheads will be a stronger/deeper team.

Ain't gonna happen.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:36 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

Big forward with skills.

Halifax Mooseheads.
The league is very weak. There have been several better players , with better stats that have not been able to stick in the Q. Im sure he will get a chance to prove himself in camp , but I cant see him making the team. Especially a team as deep as Halifax whom will be a contender, if not the favorite to win the President Cup this season.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:40 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Solid stats, IMO QJAAAHL is pretty weak, you can see players with 2-3 PPG averages... Never actually seen a game though but I'm told that the gap between the top players and the fringes ones is huge... However we'll see what happens with him...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsguy009 View Post
Alex Cote had 100 points in that league and was a healthy scratch for the Mooseheads in the playoffs this past season.

This year's Mooseheads will be a stronger/deeper team.

Ain't gonna happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
The league is very weak. There have been several better players , with better stats that have not been able to stick in the Q. Im sure he will get a chance to prove himself in camp , but I cant see him making the team. Especially a team as deep as Halifax whom will be a contender, if not the favorite to win the President Cup this season.
I know, but I've seen a few games live of the Longueuil Collège-Français this year, and Beauchemin can really play. I truly think he's a QMJHL caliber player.

Old
06-18-2012, 01:50 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
I know, but I've seen a few games live of the Longueuil Collège-Français this year, and Beauchemin can really play. I truly think he's a QMJHL caliber player.
Im not going to say he is not because I honestly havnt seen him play. Im just going by what usually happens with players coming from there. i.e. Anthony Brockman played there last season and tore it up. He had shots with a couple of major junior teams including Shawinigan but couldnt stick. He ended up finishing the season in Jr.A for Dieppe. Very good player , look solid out there. Decent skater with good hands and netted lots of goals..Just not Q caliber. I personally favorite underdogs so I wish the guy all the best and hope he comes in and forces Halifax to keep him

Old
06-18-2012, 01:56 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Im not going to say he is not because I honestly havnt seen him play. Im just going by what usually happens with players coming from there. i.e. Anthony Brockman played there last season and tore it up. He had shots with a couple of major junior teams including Shawinigan but couldnt stick. He ended up finishing the season in Jr.A for Dieppe. Very good player , look solid out there. Decent skater with good hands and netted lots of goals..Just not Q caliber. I personally favorite underdogs so I wish the guy all the best and hope he comes in and forces Halifax to keep him
Yeah, fair enough.

But for the Longueuil Collège-Français team of this year as an example, Geoffrey, Charette and Blanchette leaded the team in points. They are three VERY skilled, intelligent offensive player that played on the same line. They also put a lot of point on the power play. But they are pretty small and not very physical, so I can see why they weren't staying in the QMJHL because they can't really play a bottom 6 role. But Beachemin leaded the second line, played the point on the first power play unit, and is very big. He can play on a QMJHL team in the bottom six.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:10 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Yeah, fair enough.

But for the Longueuil Collège-Français team of this year as an example, Geoffrey, Charette and Blanchette leaded the team in points. They are three VERY skilled, intelligent offensive player that played on the same line. They also put a lot of point on the power play. But they are pretty small and not very physical, so I can see why they weren't staying in the QMJHL because they can't really play a bottom 6 role. But Beachemin leaded the second line, played the point on the first power play unit, and is very big. He can play on a QMJHL team in the bottom six.
If he didnt make Halifax, maybe theyd give him a chance and send him to a team like Sherbrooke. From what your saying , he could probably play on a non-contending team..

Old
06-19-2012, 11:49 PM
RJQuack

Beauchemin may play in the Q but it won't be with Halifax. There's other, more proven options then him and we plan on winning a title so I don't think he'd crack Halifax.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:05 AM
RJQuack

Seems to be common practice around the boards to post team predictions, so **** it, misewell make an ass of myself

Factor in injuries and (Nate, Frk) playing in the WJC....

Nathan MacKinnon, 40-45 goals, 55-60 assists... Somewhere around 100-105 points

Jonathan Drouin 32-35 goals, 53-56 assists. Pretty high on Drouin more than any other player, so I easily see him somewhere around 90 points as he isn't far off Nate.

Marty Frk 40-43 goals, 43-46 assists... 85+ points if healthy

Stefan Fournier, don't expect too much of a jump as a 20yo, but with players around him... 35 goals, 35 assists. Expect 70+ points.

Matt Boudreau 30-32 goals, 35-38 assists. Did pretty well last year, hit a snag in the playoffs. A lot of players see their best jump from 18-19... We'll see.

Jack Eichel - Now it gets tricky. A) Not a guarantee to come B) Was the best player in the draft, but is nothing like the 2011 Draft so it's hard to predict... Could hit 50+ points

Luca Ciampini .... sigh, Oh boy... Showed promise in rookie season and beginning of this season. Potential alone we could see 50+ points... Which I would take an run lol.

Andrew Ryan, See Ciampini, but more upside and size than IMO... Can't tell, stay healthy lol

Brent Andrews - Couldn't give a damn about his point total. Best 3rd line center in the Q, and we need his defensive abilities. Had same number of points when he was 17 and 18... I'll go 15 goals, 17 assists.

Falkenham - See Andrews... 9 goals 10 assists

Darcy Ashley, almost forgot about Ash. Really like him, lots of energy, hits, defensive and capable of 60+ points... 27 goals, 35 assists.

Defense

KA - 14 goals (SHOOT THE ****IN PUCK YOU HAVE A CANNON ) and 39 assists

Steve Gillard - Showed he has skill with the puck when healthy this year. 2 career goals lol... 2 goals, 14 assists. Probably will be lower, really need him for his defensive abilities more.

Trey Lewis - 6 goals, 16 assists

Brendan Duke - 4 goals, 13 assists

Austyn Hardie - 0 goals, 1 assist liked his D last year as a rookie. Expecting some development too.

Mac Weegar - Unknown. But rumored to have offensive abilities..... So i'll go chsb style and say 33 goals an 12 assists to take the pressure of Konrad

Old
07-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Dogpound

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvincline View Post

Who am I missing?

I heard Sam Leblanc from the Moncton Midget AAA Flyers has a free agent tryout with the Moose.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:31 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Ciampini won't touch 50, all that kid has been doing is partying, he doesn't care.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:44 AM
bigdirty

Andrew Ryan got an invite to the Blues rookie camp.
http://metronews.ca/voices/the-q-fil...l-rookie-camp/

Definitely good news, hopefully this will light a fire under him.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
CrosKinnon

Nate was on the ice with Crosby today

https://twitter.com/barrettc17/statu.../photo/1/large

( still not sure how to post pics straight into posts yet )
Attached Images
File Type: png IPHONE 001.PNG‎ (744.1 KB, 12 views)

Old
07-13-2012, 06:20 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Seems to be common practice around the boards to post team predictions, so **** it, misewell make an ass of myself

Factor in injuries and (Nate, Frk) playing in the WJC....

Nathan MacKinnon, 40-45 goals, 55-60 assists... Somewhere around 100-105 points

Jonathan Drouin 32-35 goals, 53-56 assists. Pretty high on Drouin more than any other player, so I easily see him somewhere around 90 points as he isn't far off Nate.

Marty Frk 40-43 goals, 43-46 assists... 85+ points if healthy

Stefan Fournier, don't expect too much of a jump as a 20yo, but with players around him... 35 goals, 35 assists. Expect 70+ points.

Matt Boudreau 30-32 goals, 35-38 assists. Did pretty well last year, hit a snag in the playoffs. A lot of players see their best jump from 18-19... We'll see.

Jack Eichel - Now it gets tricky. A) Not a guarantee to come B) Was the best player in the draft, but is nothing like the 2011 Draft so it's hard to predict... Could hit 50+ points

Luca Ciampini .... sigh, Oh boy... Showed promise in rookie season and beginning of this season. Potential alone we could see 50+ points... Which I would take an run lol.

Andrew Ryan, See Ciampini, but more upside and size than IMO... Can't tell, stay healthy lol

Brent Andrews - Couldn't give a damn about his point total. Best 3rd line center in the Q, and we need his defensive abilities. Had same number of points when he was 17 and 18... I'll go 15 goals, 17 assists.

Falkenham - See Andrews... 9 goals 10 assists

Darcy Ashley, almost forgot about Ash. Really like him, lots of energy, hits, defensive and capable of 60+ points... 27 goals, 35 assists.

Defense

KA - 14 goals (SHOOT THE ****IN PUCK YOU HAVE A CANNON ) and 39 assists

Steve Gillard - Showed he has skill with the puck when healthy this year. 2 career goals lol... 2 goals, 14 assists. Probably will be lower, really need him for his defensive abilities more.

Trey Lewis - 6 goals, 16 assists

Brendan Duke - 4 goals, 13 assists

Austyn Hardie - 0 goals, 1 assist liked his D last year as a rookie. Expecting some development too.

Mac Weegar - Unknown. But rumored to have offensive abilities..... So i'll go chsb style and say 33 goals an 12 assists to take the pressure of Konrad
70 points for Boudreau?
50 + points for Eichel?
50+ points for Ciampini and Ryan?

And you tell me I wear rose coloured glasses.....

The only kid I know who scored 105 points as a 17 YO was Crosby....

85 points for Drouin?

Unreal!

Old
07-13-2012, 08:02 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
70 points for Boudreau?
50 + points for Eichel?
50+ points for Ciampini and Ryan?

And you tell me I wear rose coloured glasses.....

The only kid I know who scored 105 points as a 17 YO was Crosby....

85 points for Drouin?

Unreal!
You , of all people, have nothing to say! Drouin getting 85 pts , pushing it but possible considering his linemates. Bathurst's Godin and Girard putting up 40 points and Bathurst's 4th line netting 70 points is complete nonsense.

Closed Thread