HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is Bourque gone?

Old
07-01-2012, 10:38 PM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
So many bottom 6 left wingers now, I have to wonder if Rene is on the blocks.

Prust, Armstrong, Moen, Bourque - the only one I see currently taking the odd 2nd line shift is Moen.

Are some of these guys effective on their off wing, or are RBs days numbered?
Seriously, no. Bourque is a top 6 forward unlike those grinders, please stop.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:47 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Bourque was a top 6 forward, no doubt. Based on his last year on the Flames and miserable showing here, that is no longer in stone.

I'd like to believe he can bounce back, but he is certainly not a de facto top 6er at this time.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
this is the same line up i have as well

which is why i see us not rly going after anyone else thiss offseason, unless its through trade, in which then and only THEN would i want bourque moved, but i still think he should get another shot on the 2nd line, 6"2 210 and fast and CAN score, ..i say lets see
Let's see, indeed!

Let's see whether Bergevin's tenure here will be as long as Gauthier's was because already he is setting himself up for epic fail.

Gauthier > Bergevin >>>> McGuire.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Let's see, indeed!

Let's see whether Bergevin's tenure here will be as long as Gauthier's was because already he is setting himself up for epic fail.

He's made a couple of signings, constructed a good coaching staff and a great management staff, and the team has yet to play a game.

And you post that.

Unbelievable.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Let's see, indeed!

So the guy who led the habs to the worst finish in decades is better than the guy who has been on the job for 6 weeks and the guy who hasn't been a GM yet...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

So the guy who led the habs to the worst finish in decades is better than the guy who has been on the job for 6 weeks and the guy who hasn't been a GM yet...

My main concern going into the off-season would be that the Montreal Canadien's rebuild would consist of dumping Darche and that is exactly what has happened so far. When I thought how it would play out, I didn't see any good coming from such a strategy and a whole lot of bad.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:51 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
My main concern going into the off-season would be that the Montreal Canadien's rebuild would consist of dumping Darche and that is exactly what has happened so far. When I thought how it would play out, I didn't see any good coming from such a strategy and a whole lot of bad.
If you think Darche was building block here going forward, you obviously have no concept of how hockey works.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:55 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
You should pay heed to your own words. "happened so far."

Did you imagine Bergevin would miraculously turn the team into a Cup contender in 3 weeks?

The summer is young and you can be sure this is but the beginning of many more changes.

After last year we are all anxious for a vast improvement, but a little patience is in order in the interim.

You may be surprised by the team that is on the ice in October.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Alexdaman

38 games 3 goals 5 assists and a +/- of -16 and people are still hoping for a miracle, Gomez had a better season in all the aspects than Bourque and everyone want to throw him out of the train... Bourque and Gomez had similar awful seasons last year and Gomez has an even better chance to rebound than Rene. Both of them need to leave no need to give guys ,who don't appreciate to play the sport that they are paid millions to, ice time when other guys are eager to take the spot they're in.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:09 AM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Exactly. Hopefully the new front office and coaching team will finally play the top 6 guys on the top 2 lines night in and nighit out. And not rewarding overachieving, no skill Darche's of the world from getting PP time for example. It's silliness. A guy like Borque can't be thrown onto the 3rd line with a young center like Eller and find his game there. He needs consistent top line minutes and PP time.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
38 games 3 goals 5 assists and a +/- of -16 and people are still hoping for a miracle, Gomez had a better season in all the aspects than Bourque and everyone want to throw him out of the train... Bourque and Gomez had similar awful seasons last year and Gomez has an even better chance to rebound than Rene. Both of them need to leave no need to give guys who don't appreciate to play the sport that they are paid millions to.
Gomez couldn't produce in sheltered minutes and was almost as bad the year before. Bourque put up 27 goals and 50 points the year before, and was completely misused by Cunneyworth.

Bourque is an inconsistent player who disappears, but I'd take him over Gomez easily, especially on that contract. Plus until this team gets another top 6 winger, we really can't afford to dump any player with a goal scoring track record regardless of their "character"

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
If you think Darche was building block here going forward, you obviously have no concept of how hockey works.
I don't really care whether Darche stays or goes because I don't see him as part of the problem or part of the solution.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Gomez couldn't produce in sheltered minutes and was almost as bad the year before. Bourque put up 27 goals and 50 points the year before, and was completely misused by Cunneyworth.

Bourque is an inconsistent player who disappears, but I'd take him over Gomez easily, especially on that contract. Plus until this team gets another top 6 winger, we really can't afford to dump any player with a goal scoring track record regardless of their "character"
Gomez is an overall better player than bourque, we don't need both of them, in the past four years Gomez did produce more than Bourque.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
So many bottom 6 left wingers now, I have to wonder if Rene is on the blocks.

Prust, Armstrong, Moen, Bourque - the only one I see currently taking the odd 2nd line shift is Moen.

Are some of these guys effective on their off wing, or are RBs days numbered?
Armstrong is a RW and Bourque will be on the 2nd line long before Moen. Even Prust has more offensive talent than Moen....and I like Moen but he has a career high of 21 points and that was the only time he cracked 20 points despite seeing substantial time in the top 6 with Montreal.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Gomez is an overall better player than bourque, we don't need both of them, in the past three years Gomez did produce more than Bourque.
Gomez was an overall better player than Bourque, but he couldn't produce even when the Habs weren't terrible. In 10-11 he was easily the weak link in the top 6.

Bourque isn't anything special, he's a depth scorer who seems to lack an extra gear and is inconsistent, but it's hard to accurately judge him when he was thrown into such an awful situation after the trade. I really don't think he's an ideal top 6 player, but with Kostitsyn gone he still is a secondary scoring option. Gomez can't do anything but carry the puck.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Habitants

after the moves made today, the way i see it, many of the players on this team have something to prove.

The entire team has something to prove. and hopefully they can all step up and put together a better effort next season.

Bourque has a lot to prove, and i think that he can be much better. he had a rough time last year, and i think he was not happy with being traded at first. now hopefully he has accepted it and can move forward to show what he can do. HE has skill, and i think he will stick with the team.

also at 3.5mil his contract is not terrible, and i can live with that for at least another season to see what hes got

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 02:25 AM
JSBach

Quote:
Let's see, indeed!

The current Habs are one of the hardest projects in the league. We have a terrible team made up of terrible contracts, and we're one of the least desired destinations for free-agents because we have maniacal fans and media, and high taxes. Our best chances are through trades and homegrown players.

The only thing wrong with Bergevin is that he was crazy enough to take this job.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Belso

Quote:
Let's see, indeed!

I laughz...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Bullsmith

Who's ahead of him on the top 6 depth chart? I count Cole, Pax and Gio, that's it.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:01 AM
j52

Most just sleepz.

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:22 AM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
That's actually a pretty decent forward group... and looks like Gomez dosen't have a spot. Only three under sized forwards remain, also. Quite the transformation. IF we sign a Parise, Semin, Jagr type player, then Bourque or Gionta could be on their way out.

Looks like we still have some interesting days ahead during this offseason.
I have a feeling that Nokeleinen and Gomez will be interchanging on the 4th line at least for the beginning of the season. I think management (and especially ownership) is still hoping that Gomez can be an NHL player or else they would have dumped him before free agency in order to make things clear.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I think Bourque is like the NA version of A. Kostitsyn.
Great so we traded away one lazy player for another. And for the record i miss AK. He was born and raised a hab. It sucks to trade away these types of players. Atleast he was good for throwing some nice hits even when not scoring.

Should have kept Cammalleri or have gotten a legit top 6 winger in return. If I was Pleckanec I would be doing everything in my power to get my buddy jagr to sign here. Take him out to dinner, buy him a house or lend him my girlfriend for a night if that's what it takes.

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
I have a feeling that Nokeleinen and Gomez will be interchanging on the 4th line at least for the beginning of the season. I think management (and especially ownership) is still hoping that Gomez can be an NHL player or else they would have dumped him before free agency in order to make things clear.
Top line RW!!!

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Well, with Prust, Nokes, Moen, White, Eller, Armstrong and LeBlanc (and Gomez? lol)... I don't see any room on the bottom 6 for Bourque (who would be the most expensive of the lot, too). If that means he gets slotted into top 6 duties instead, he better earn it. Wouldn't expect him to, though.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Well, with Prust, Nokes, Moen, White, Eller, Armstrong and LeBlanc (and Gomez? lol)... I don't see any room on the bottom 6 for Bourque (who would be the most expensive of the lot, too). If that means he gets slotted into top 6 duties instead, he better earn it. Wouldn't expect him to, though.
Even though I would hate to break up our top line, if this is all we have to work with then I would like to see Bourque play alongside Cole. I think that Cole's work ethic would be infectious and could produce positive results.

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote