HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Current forward group

Old
07-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

vCash: 500
It's frustrating cause you don't know whether they want to go

Scoring
Two-Way
Scoring
Energy

or

Scoring
Scoring
Shutdown
Energy

Cause both of them we have a lot of needs, but very different needs.

Honestly we have too many top 6 wingers to not play a top 9 system, Lupul/Kessel/JVR/Kulie/Frattin/Kadri

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:19 AM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
If you base this on what we have at the moment then;

Lupul ----- Bozak ------ Kessel
JVR ------ Grabovski --- Kulemin
Kadri ---- Colborne ---- Frattin
Komarov - Steckel ----- Brown

Spare excess parts : Connolly, Lombardi, MacArthur,
Connolly and MacArthur are ahead of their counterparts.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:20 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawfirst View Post
In 2 years Nash will be 30 and may still not have scored 80 points in a season, while Kessel already has and is as of today 24 years old.

I like Nash's size but I wouldn't move Kessel for him. It solves not even one of our teams needs. But you already know that.
One of our biggest teams needs is size up front.. Getting rid of the softest player in the game for one of the best scoring power forwards in the game is a pretty big upgrade for size up front... But you already know that.. Right?

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
In 2 years Nash will be 30 and may still not have scored 80 points in a season, while Kessel already has and is as of today 24 years old.

I like Nash's size but I wouldn't move Kessel for him. It solves not even one of our teams needs. But you already know that.
I do agree that trading Kessel for a 1st line center and or #1 elite goalie would address a more pressing need and something I would also support.

But seeing that is not a viable option than upgrading Kessel to a big power forward for a team that desperately needs size, strength and physicality in their forward group than Nash for Kessel swap deal (with goals scored being similar) addresses that team need big time..

07-01-2012, 11:27 AM
clawfirst

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
One of our biggest teams needs is size up front.. Getting rid of the softest player in the game for one of the best scoring power forwards in the game is a pretty big upgrade for size up front... But you already know that.. Right?
Of course, but it would be easier to place a big 2 way C beside Kessel to solve the issue, rather than trade Kessel as he enters the most productive years of his life.

Which centre you ask? I would target Zajac with the impending fire sale of the bankrupt NJ devils assets fast approaching.

Last edited by clawfirst: 07-01-2012 at 11:32 AM.
clawfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:35 AM
goonx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
But we're getting rid of the best snipers in the game who's entering his prime.

Kessel scoring ability >> Nash scoring

Don't be me wrong.. Nash is amazing. It fills one hole but empties another. Nash is still missing that #1C to play with all his career..

Lupul won't be as productive without kessel.

goonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:39 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Lupul - ? - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Kadri - McClement - Frattin
Komarov - Steckel - Brown

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 06:19 PM
caber93

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kadri
Kulemin - McClemont - Frattin

This leaves Connolly, Lombardi, MacArthur open for trade (and Bozak if we're getting a #1 C somehow)

caber93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 06:24 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:

Nash's career high in points is 3 whooping points less then Kessel, and technically Nash's ppg were higher that season then Kessel's since he missed 4 games or something.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 06:28 PM
-DeMo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonx View Post
But we're getting rid of the best snipers in the game who's entering his prime.

Kessel scoring ability >> Nash scoring

Don't be me wrong.. Nash is amazing. It fills one hole but empties another. Nash is still missing that #1C to play with all his career..

Lupul won't be as productive without kessel.
Nash is the 2 time 40 goal scorer with a rocket richard trophy he's the better scorer. and no Nash hasn't had better linemates then Kessel has

Old
07-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
Nash's career high in points is 3 whooping points less then Kessel, and technically Nash's ppg were higher that season then Kessel's since he missed 4 games or something.
Nash is turning 28 and is headed towards that Dany Heatley slide in production, why would you want a guy exiting his prime for a guy entering it?

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 08:37 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

so correct me if i'm wrong:

Lupul Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabo Kuli
Mac Connolly Frattin
Brown Steckel Komarov/Orr/Ashton

Gunn Dion
Liles Franson
Gardiner Komi
Holzer

where do the following players even fit in:

McClement, Kadri, Colborne, Lombardi

?????

people are all up in arms that we had a quiet day of Free Agent signings, but there's clearly going to be more transactions to come.

this signing of McClement is a real head scratcher. yeah we need his defensive abilities, but we sure need to clean house to make room for everyone else AND McClement.

What do you think? Is this our forward group?

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 08:48 PM
CHF

If MacArthur can be moved I would like a 3rd line of Brown McClement Frattin. If not then I think MacArthur McClement Frattin would be good too. I thought I heard somewhere that Carlyle liked Kulemin on the 3rd line in more of a shut down role.Unless that was just something mentioned on here somewhere???

CHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:51 PM
-DeMo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Nash is turning 28 and is headed towards that Dany Heatley slide in production, why would you want a guy exiting his prime for a guy entering it?
yes and you know this how?

Old
07-01-2012, 10:20 PM
CreedBratton

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Lupul - ? - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Kadri - McClement - Frattin

Im thinking this but put bozak in third line and bump mcclement down to the fourth line. Who that first line C is, is anyones guess and we may have to go into the season with Bozak as our #1 which is as much as I like the guy is not a #1 C.

Lupul - ? - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Frattin
Kadri - Bozak - Kuli
Komarov - McClement - Brown

CreedBratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:48 PM
BigWilly

vCash: 100
Lupul - Bozak (Or no.1 C) - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kadri
Kulemin - Connolly - Frattin
Komorav - Mcclement - Brown

I can see it being similar to this where Steckel, Lombardi, Macarthur get traded.

Another possibility is that Burke trades Connolly or Bozak instead of Steckel, creating...

Lupul - Bozak/Connolly/1C - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kadri
Kulemin - Mcclement - Frattin (Drooling over this)
Komorav - Steckel - Brown

This line up would be great if a deal for a 1C is reached, if not the scoring depth would be poor.

BigWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Ricky Bobby

Not sure why everybody wants to just give away Lombardi and Connolly at this point.

Sure they're overpaid but where else are the Leafs going to spend those cap dollars?

I'd rather take a chance on these two overpaid players with a lot of potential upside than see some completely useless player like Dupuis ever near are lineup. What has Komarov ever done? How about we see if he can do something in the North American style of hockey before we slot him in.

Everybody is worried about fitting everybody in but not accounting for injuries at all. You can pretty well gurantee that both Connolly and Brown will miss time due to injuries. Other injuries will also occur. Frattin and Kadri might also benefit from a few games in the pressbox at times next season.

Keep Connolly, Lombardi, CMac and Bozak to start the season. See how it goes and sell them for a better asset near the deadline than what we could get now.

Burke has also repeatedly said top 6 bottom 6 is no longer the model. It's top 8 bottom 4.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:37 PM
CreedBratton

Would Ryan Hamilton be a good fit with this team. Hes a big body whos put up decent numbers in the AHL and would look good on the fourth line.

Hamilton - Steckel/McClement - Brown

CreedBratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:55 PM
-DeMo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLife View Post
JVR - Grabovski - Kadri

I can see it being similar to this where Steckel, Lombardi, Macarthur get traded.

Another possibility is that Burke trades Connolly or Bozak instead of Steckel, creating...

JVR - Grabo - Kadri

This line up would be great if a deal for a 1C is reached, if not the scoring depth would be poor.
the leafs will more then likely have 14 forwards on the roster thats what has been the case for the most part since Burke's here so yes Connolly, Steckel and Lombardi do still serve a purpose

Old
07-02-2012, 12:34 AM
feeel10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLife View Post
JVR - Grabovski - Kadri

JVR - Grabo - Kadri

i like your first lineup better, alot actually. mcclement, from what i heard has 0 offense, and would drop our 3rd line scoring ability too much. Id be okay going into that camp with lombardi or colborne(if he earns it) but ideal would definetly be
lupul-**-kessel
JVR-grabo-kadri/kulemin
kadri/kulemin-bozak-frattin
komarov-mcclement-brown
steckel

**ideas for that center spot
-colborne if he impresses at camp
- olli jokinen on a 1 or 2 yr contract (guy had 5 pts less then richards last year:61 vs 66)
- trade some or one of komi/connoly/lombardi/franson and prospects/picks for one of :
weiss, backes, statsny, legwand, marcus johansen, patrick berglund?

feeel10 is offline   Reply With Quote