HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 01:19 AM
rangers5000

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
That was more about him staying healthy. He didn't do anything he wasn't capable of doing in Minnesota. He just made it through the entire season.

Again--If a trade for Nash goes through, I'll find a way to put these concerns behind me and hope to hell I'm wrong, but there is a LOT that the pro-Nash crowd on these boards is willing to overlook/ignore.

-Overpaid
-Comes with excuses rather than production
-Known attitude problems (ask any Columbus fan about the "Country club" attitude in their locker room and where that attitude originates)
-Will cost cheap young assets.

Does this sound eerily familiar to anyone else (over the age of 25)? Nash is exactly the kind of player the Rangers of 1998-2005 would have LOVED. Remind me again how often those players worked out?

Management has done so well just by being patient up to this point. I want them to be patient just a little while longer. Pick up another piece or two in UFA or on the reasonable trade market (maybe Doan or Hudler and trade a 2nd rounder for Robidas). Get into the season. Find out what we have in Kreider. See if Callahan can repeat his performance from last year. See how MDZ, Stepan, Hagelin, Erixon etc all progress. See if Dubinsky rebounds. When we know more about what we have, THEN we can think about making a deadline trade to address any needs for a Cup run. Making a rash move now will make us more likely to ship out pieces that, in retrospect, we should be keeping.
100% agreed
stay away from nash, even if we don't get parise/sutter, there are still alot of 50 point vet guys left, plus bobby ryan

sather has been doing a good job, not biting at the deadline, watching our draft picks come into there prime, more younger guys coming up like kreider

to give away atleast 4 key pieces for a overpaid guy who has proven nothing in the playoffs, rumored attitude problems

many on the main boards just look at the numbers
"he can score 40-50 goals"
yes but what else does he bring in the lockeroom, in the playoffs

semin can score 40 as well, parise is only a 30 goal scorer, which is better? by that logic semin should get 12 mill a year

Old
07-02-2012, 01:20 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

if this has been posted or if it's not in the right thread - then I'm sorry for wasting your time..

Quote:
John Scott signed a one-year, $600k deal with the Buffalo Sabres according to John Vogl of Sabres Edge.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:25 AM
nyrmike88
Bless this MESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
The only full season he played was this year, so you only get partial credit. His career year here was a 76 game season which is comparable to his best year before that which was 77 games. He has scored at a .95 ppg pace since becoming a Ranger, that's a marked improvement on his .87 ppg pace in Minnesota.

Obviously it's not that simple but it's not like he only played one season here he's now played 220 games for us so that is a fair sample size. Is it because we are better than Minnesota? Tough to say could just be because he is healthier, but it isn't like he hasn't had his issues here with injuries.

Please... Don't make blanket statements you're just going to make yourself look bad. I have a hard time believing Nash would be anything like Gomez, Drury, Holik or Lindros. He's more talented than the first 3 and Lindros was a shell of his former self when he played here. How many times does Sather have to say he isn't trading Kreider, Stepan, and McDonagh before people believe him?

Many of us would be OK with Nash if the deal is right and that doesn't mean "gutting" the team, that is asinine and anyone who thinks that any of us favor that kind of deal is completely misguided.

You think Nash is an old school Rangers move? How about an over the hill and slow Jagr? If anything that is exactly the type of move we would have made back in the dark ages, don't get me wrong I love Jagr but the guy is on the decline.
Ok, i can agree with you in saying that i went a little far in comparing nash to the dark ages, he is a superstar and a great talent, I know my hockey pretty well, and im big on stats, and honestly i really don't see nash's playing style fitting in with the rangers playing style...and i really do not see how we are going to be able to pull off a deal with howson without gutting the team, he is purposly waiting for parise to be signed so that he can eventually get what he is asking for him...and what happens if nash dosent buy into Torts system, the country club attitude he is coming from cbj with wont fly in new york like it did before torts...dont get me wrong if the deal is right, definitly a winning situation...but yet again im saying if we can work a deal with anaheim for ryan, we get a younger guy, with less cap hit, that would definitly gel in our system of play, and would probably excell even more going forward...and as far as jagr goes, u took it the wrong way, i just meant if we can sign him to a 1 year deal, he would def be great scoring depth and a great veteran mentor to our youth...You remember peter prucha when jags took him under his wing, rookie kid had 27-30 goals...that would be awesome for our young guys

Old
07-02-2012, 01:31 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Please Parise, anywhere but Pitt.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:33 AM
bouds

I wonder what Prospal would have to say about Columbus and Nash. Would love to be in his head right now.

Maybe Torts reached out, who knows.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:35 AM
nyrmike88
Bless this MESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCally View Post
Please Parise, anywhere but Pitt.
hallelujah to that...

Old
07-02-2012, 01:42 AM
rangers5000

we should make a offer of 2.5ish to jagr, no more than 3

if we can get him for 3 or less for 1 year im all for it

the guy can still go, even if he needs games off, even as a 3rd line and full time power play, the guy can still provide points and mentor the young guys, plus he has already proven he fits with the rangers

don't understand why slats never resigned him in the first place a few years back

many of you are just going on points alone, what about the locker room character this team has, playing under the torts system

even if parise/suter/ryan are all off the table, i would rather throw 8 mill at doan/jagr than give up the farm for nash

its to much risk to give up the farm for a 8mill guy who might not be a character guy in the first place

tomorrow i hope sather offers jagr 1 year 2.5-3.0ish

Old
07-02-2012, 01:48 AM
free0717

I'd like to sign Peter Mueller

Old
07-02-2012, 01:51 AM
17futurecap

Quote:
The club, which failed in its attempt to sign free agent defenseman Justin Schultz out of Wisconsin, has a hole on the right side of the second pair Sather will attempt to address via a trade.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1zRgYj0hv
Bunch of info about the Nash negotiations in the article, would advise everyone to give it a read.

Quote:
Sather, who is believed willing to move a couple of players off the roster and a pair of prospects for the winger who has scored at least 30 goals five straight years and in seven of the last eight seasons of his 9-year career.
2 players off the roster have to figure Dubinsky and either Hagelin or Anisimov? Just a guess.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:56 AM
mike14

Have tried to avoid most of the free-agent craziness that goes on around here, but is there any update on the Ryan situation? Are the ducks still trying to move him and if so does anyone know if the Rangers are genuinely going after him?

Old
07-02-2012, 02:09 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post

2 players off the roster have to figure Dubinsky and either Hagelin or Anisimov? Just a guess.
I thought Howson really wanted MDZ. I would think he would be part of any Nash deal and would be one of the two roster players.

Dubi/Anisimov
MDZ
Miller
prospect/pick

It's probably not enough but it's the most I would offer. Howson is leaving in a dream world. Does he not look around the league post-lockout and see the going rate for trades like Kovalchuk, Hossa, etc...

Glad Sather is not budging on Kreider/Stepan/McDonagh.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:14 AM
17futurecap

You may be right about MDZ, but they look pretty set on defense, however in the Brooks article this morning he states:

Quote:
The Post has learned Sather first inquired about Nash during the middle of the 2010-11 season, when Howson called to check on Michael Del Zotto’s availability after the defenseman had been sent to the AHL. At that point, Columbus had no interest in trading Nash.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1zRmQG8ff
So maybe he does covet MDZ.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:16 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
That was more about him staying healthy. He didn't do anything he wasn't capable of doing in Minnesota. He just made it through the entire season.

Again--If a trade for Nash goes through, I'll find a way to put these concerns behind me and hope to hell I'm wrong, but there is a LOT that the pro-Nash crowd on these boards is willing to overlook/ignore.

-Overpaid
-Comes with excuses rather than production
-Known attitude problems (ask any Columbus fan about the "Country club" attitude in their locker room and where that attitude originates)
-Will cost cheap young assets.

Does this sound eerily familiar to anyone else (over the age of 25)? Nash is exactly the kind of player the Rangers of 1998-2005 would have LOVED. Remind me again how often those players worked out?

Management has done so well just by being patient up to this point. I want them to be patient just a little while longer. Pick up another piece or two in UFA or on the reasonable trade market (maybe Doan or Hudler and trade a 2nd rounder for Robidas). Get into the season. Find out what we have in Kreider. See if Callahan can repeat his performance from last year. See how MDZ, Stepan, Hagelin, Erixon etc all progress. See if Dubinsky rebounds. When we know more about what we have, THEN we can think about making a deadline trade to address any needs for a Cup run. Making a rash move now will make us more likely to ship out pieces that, in retrospect, we should be keeping.
To be honest, Nash is the type of player the 98-03 Rangers tried to get but never did.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:20 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Should note that that quote refers to 2010-11. Since then Columbus has added Wisniewski and JMFJ.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Mike Commodore
‏@commie22

Follow
@RealKyper hey hockey guru...heard your mouth was flapping wide as ever today...bad breath and 3 games played for a cup? ‪#sportsnet‬

What the hell is he talking about?

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Old
07-02-2012, 02:36 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Wow sounds like Commodore does not like Kypreos, unless he's joking around with him. The 3 games played refers to Kypreos' 3 games in the 94 playoffs. No idea about the bad breath thing.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:40 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Mike Commodore
‏@commie22

Follow
@RealKyper hey hockey guru...heard your mouth was flapping wide as ever today...bad breath and 3 games played for a cup? ‪#sportsnet‬

What the hell is he talking about?
Maybe he's referencing Kypreos jumping the gun and saying Suter was headed to Detroit.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:38 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
CONTRACT STATUS and some predictions

Signed players for 2012/2013

NYR (18 - 2 on LTIR)
Derek Stepan - RFA 2013/2014
Artem Anisimov - RFA 2013/2014
Carl Hagelin - RFA 2013/2014
Chris Kreider - RFA 2014/2015

Marian Gaborik (LTIR until December) - UFA 2014/2015
Ryan Callahan - UFA 2014/2015
Brian Boyle - UFA 2014/2015
Mike Rupp - UFA 2014/2015
Arron Asham - UFA 2014/2015
Brandon Dubinsky - UFA 2015/2016
Brad Richards - UFA into the 2020s

Ryan McDonaugh - RFA 2013/2014

Mike Sauer (LTIR indefinitely) - RFA 2013/2014
Stu Bickel - - UFA 2014/2015
Dan Girardi - UFA 2014/2015
Marc Staal - UFA 2015/2016

Henrik Lundqvist - UFA 2014/2015
Martin Biron - UFA 2014/2015

RFAs (1-2)
Michael del Zotto - Qualified and he will resign to a 2 to 3 year deal between 2,3 to 3 M per annum
Anton Stralman - Qualified - might be heading back to Sweden - his future is depending on many factors

UFAs (possibly 1)
Ruslan Fedotenko - 60/40 chance of resigning IMO
Brandon Prust - gone (signed with Montreal)
John Mitchell - gone (signed with Colorado)

Steve Eminger - most likely gone
Jeff Woywitka - gone
John Scott - gone - signed with Buffalo

CT Whale/ECHL (19)
Chad Kolarik - UFA 2013/2014
Tommy Grant - RFA 2013/2014
Ryan Bourque - RFA 2014/2015
Micheal Haley - UFA 2014/2015
Kris Newbury - UFA 2014/2015
Andrew Yogan - RFA 2015/2016
Marek Hrivik - RFA 2014/2015
Jason Wilson - RFA 2014/2015
Christian Thomas - RFA 2015/2016
Casey Wellman - qualified

Mike Vernace - UFA 2013/2014
Blake Parlett - RFA 2013/2014
Jyri Niemi - RFA 2013/2014
Tim Erixon - RFA 2014/2015
Wade Redden - UFA 2014/2015
Dylan McIllraith - RFA 2015/2016

Jason Missiaen - RFA 2014/2015
Scott Stacjer - RFA 2014/2015

Cameron Talbot - qualified

RFAs
Francis Bouchard - let go (a bad return for Kundratek - no?)
Chris Chappell - gone
Andreas Thuresson - left for Sweden and not qualified

Lee Baldwin - gone
Sam Klassen - gone

UFAs ( possibly 1)
Sean Avery - on the catwalk - retires?
Andre Deaveaux - possibly might be resigned for depth/ call up
JAM - gone - signed by Colorado
Randy McNaught - let go

Brendan Bell - probably let go
Chad Johnson - gone - signed with Phoenix

Jr eligible (contract slides and does not count against 50 player limit if he stays in juniors)
JT Miller - RFA 2015/2016

Players signed but Loaned to a European club (2)
Jesper Fast - RFA 2015/2016
Oscar Lindberg - RFA 2015/2016

Players qualified (rights retained) - but playing in Europe
Mats Zuccarello - Was qualified but has signed 2 year deal with KHL team with NHL out clause
Pavel Valentenko - Qualified but signed in Russia to a 2 year deal. Rights retained

Unsigned Draft picks
Steve Fogarty (3rd round - 2011)
Michael St Croix (4th round - 2011)
Shane McColgan (5th round - 2011)
Sam Noreau (5th round - 2011)
Peter Ceresnak (6th round - 2011)

Brady Skjei (1st round - 2012)
Cristoval "Boo" Nieves (2nd round - 2012)
Calle Andersson (4th round - 2012)
Thomas Spelling (5th round - 2012)

We have 18 players under contract on The Rangers. 2 of them are on the LTIR (Gaborik and Sauer) to start the season. Two of our RFAs are qualified (MDZ and Stralman) and will most likely (Stralman?) be signed..
19 players are also on minor league contracts - whereof two that have received qualifying offers (Wellman and Talbot) and are not formally signed yet. Erixon and/or Wellman/Hrivik/Haley may graduate to the Rangers this season. Time will tell.
One more player is signed to ELC (JT Miller) but he is still junior eligible, eventually letting that contract slide above 50 player limit. 2 players are also signed but loaned to European clubs (Fast and Lindberg) counting against the 50 player contract limit.
We have some unsigned draft picks that probably will get ELC contracts sometime this year.
So lots of new players are going to wind up in the organization the next few months - replacing some of our old carcasses...

Any thoughts here?

Last edited by BBKers: 07-02-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Old
07-02-2012, 04:40 AM
darko

I think Canucks end up regretting that contract they gave to Jason Garrison.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:59 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Del Zotto stuff is old stuff. The Rangers inquired about bringing Tyutin back and Howson asked for DZ. If you do a search,you will find that thread.

Are the Rangers in position in move DZ when they lack depth on D? If Sather forks over 4 assets,what is left to trade for a RHD? Those guys aren't cheap.

They are creating more holes than they have in a Nash trade.

Old
07-02-2012, 05:01 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Del Zotto stuff is old stuff. The Rangers inquired about bringing Tyutin back and Howson asked for DZ. If you do a search,you will find that thread.

Are the Rangers in position in move DZ when they lack depth on D? If Sather forks over 4 assets,what is left to trade for a RHD? Those guys aren't cheap.

They are creating more holes than they have in a Nash trade.
Been thinking the same

Old
07-02-2012, 05:52 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Even Portzline is facing reality

Quote:
If ‪#CBJ‬ gets two NHL-ready forwards back in Rick Nash trade, I believe they're done w UFA forwards. If they get one, they might kick tires.
http://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/219637161295740929

Dubinsky is that NHL-ready forward. The Rangers aren't taking back the Nash contract without sending money back to Columbus.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:16 AM
AJRanger

Looks like Brodeur's staying put...

@RenLavoieRDS
Martin Brodeur is staying with the Devils. 2 years / 9 millions. Great news for the Devils fans and that franchise.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:19 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Brooks wrote Sather is willing to give up 2 roster players and 2 prospects for Nash

Dubinsky,AA,Hagelin and DZ are the roster players. Is Boyle in that mix? Probably not. Dubinsky has to be in the cap reasons.

Erixon,Miller,McIlrath and Thomas are the prospects.

Kreider,McDonagh and Stepan are off limits. Richards,Callahan and Gaborik. Staal and Girardi.

Columbus will want Miller in the deal if they are getting 1 forward in Dubinsky. Who is the other roster player and prospect?

Sather offered Dubinsky,Erixon,Miller,Thomas and #1 pick in February.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:20 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
So, I’m thinking that today, after Parise makes his “Decision” on to which team he will take his talents, for $80 million or more over 10 years or more, maybe the Rick Nash sweepstakes heat up.

That is, if Scott Howson gets a little more realistic. If not, then Nash won’t be coming to New York either.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/0...-parise-suter/

Closed Thread