HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART III)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
With the amount of money players are getting, I would not be willing to give a 2nd liner 5~6 million. So, sign a 3rd line scorer like Mueller.

Callahan had 30 goals last year. Not a 1st or 2nd line scorer? Really?
When I think of Callahan, I think of a lot of great things he does - the ability to carry the load offensively is not one of them. If he is our most dangerous winger to start the season, this team has real problems.

Sather knows this - Im not happy about the fact he seems to be fixated on Nash, but I am very thankful he seems destined to not head into October with a "3rd line scorer" acquisition being his signature achievement when it comes to the forwards.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:30 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Hudler is also mediocre as hell and Jagr isn't coming to the Rangers. No way Sather and Tortorella want him
In what world is Hudler mediocre as hell? Could you please elaborate? He scored 25 goals last season and scored some very clutch goals. But please, elaborate on his medicority

Old
Vitto79

Quote:
Hudler is also mediocre as hell and Jagr isn't coming to the Rangers. No way Sather and Tortorella want him
yea I dont see the pot in Hudler . Maybe Jagr

Do people realize there are other players Sather could be after not named Ryan or Nash?

I still want Ryan Clowe and I am going to bet SJ is going to make a trade to shake up their roster

Old
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Agree.

Don't want Hudler.

Jagr isn't coming back.

Old
NYR Viper

I sincerely hope the Rangers are in on Suter. Add him to the defense and make moves when needed but when a top-5 player at his position becomes available you go after him and disregard team need for right now.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:32 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
I sincerely hope the Rangers are in on Suter. Add him to the defense and make moves when needed but when a top-5 player at his position becomes available you go after him and disregard team need for right now.
For 100 million dollars?

No thanks.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:33 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
When I think of Callahan, I think of a lot of great things he does - the ability to carry the load offensively is not one of them. If he is our most dangerous winger to start the season, this team has real problems.

Sather knows this - Im not happy about the fact he seems to be fixated on Nash, but I am very thankful he seems destined to not head into October with a "3rd line scorer" acquisition being his signature achievement when it comes to the forwards.
I agree he can not carry the offense. But he is a top-6 winger.

I think you took what I meant incorrectly. Where will the Rangers be able to get a top-6 game-breaker in free agency? I want no part of Parise for 12 years. Sign a 3rd line scorer in free agency like Mueller and make a trade for a player you like and feel you can build around going forward. I would imagine a couple of pieces will be moving from the NHL roster so they need to add some depth via free agency to fill those holes that will open up.

I did not mean only to sign a 3rd liner and be done for the off-season.

Old
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Spend league max on our least needed position? No thank you.

Old
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

We have gotten better just by standing pat alone. Look at the Detroit model.

Investing in the current players and saying no to FA frenzy only supports them and encourages them to build a stronger unity, work hard, and produce for the team.

I love this approach. **** the rest, we've got a crew that will go through a wall for each other. Keep it that way. Our prospects are hard nosed and you can tell they are jacked about how the big boys on Broadway handle their business. Guys like Miller and McIlrath can't wait to go to war with players like McDonagh, Girardi, Callahan.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:34 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
For 100 million dollars?

No thanks.
Yes. I would give him a 12 year deal for 6~7 million/season. Easily top-5, if not top-3 every year at his position. It allows flexibility in the future to make a deal from strength for a position of weakness.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post

Investing in the current players and saying no to FA frenzy only supports them and encourages them to build a stronger unity, work hard, and produce for the team.

I love this approach. **** the rest, we've got a crew that will go through a wall for each other. Keep it that way. Our prospects are hard nosed and you can tell they are jacked about how the big boys on Broadway handle their business. Guys like Miller and McIlrath can't wait to go to war with McDonagh, Girardi, Callahan.
So many generalities here you sound like Skip Bayless.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
No, let's pay some fourth line scrubs 3 mill a year because "that's what all the cool kids are doing."

So when it's time to pay our actual stars the money they deserve (Stepan and McDonagh) we'll be in cap hell and can't afford it because we paid the ridiculous prices everyone else did.

Let the other teams drag themselves into cap hell I don't want to pay some of this garbage obscene amounts of money.
Trust me, I don't disagree...But again, if that's what players are commending now on the open market, what should the Rangers do? I'm not trying to be difficult, nor am I in favor of signing 4th liners @ 2-3 mil per...I just dont see a way around it.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:36 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
He won't get league max. He will get between 6 and 7 million/season for a long time. He will play into his 40's. He has the hockey IQ, size, strength and skating to do so.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Ahhh, there it is again, the incredibly misguided notion that the Rangers are somehow in great shape when it comes to defensive depth.

Im most worried about top 6 scoring, but the defense is not so far behind. We've got a solid top 3 in McDonagh, Girardi, and Staal. The rest are question marks to varying degrees.

Old
Jim Morrison

Quote:
He won't get league max. He will get between 6 and 7 million/season for a long time. He will play into his 40's. He has the hockey IQ, size, strength and skating to do so.
So, all the "scrubs" as they're called around here gets overpayed but the best UFA of them all won't? I promise he'll get the league max, or very very close to it.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Trust me, I don't disagree...But again, if that's what players are commending now on the open market, what should the Rangers do? I'm not trying to be difficult, nor am I in favor of signing 4th liners @ 2-3 mil per...I just dont see a way around it.
Wait for players who can be difference makers and overpay them. I would rather overpay Ryan Getzlaf or Corey Perry next off-season than Ray Whitney this off-season.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:38 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sather is willing to part with two roster players and two prospects. Dubinsky is one roster player. He has to be included for cap reasons. Dubinsky has a $1M signing bonus(probably due yesterday) which the Rangers paid so his salary is just $2.75M for the rest of 12-13. Does Columbus want a D? Dubinsky,DZ,Miller and Thomas OR Dubinsky,Anisimov or Hagelin,Erixon and Thomas OR Dubinsky,Anisimov or Hagelin,Miller and Thomas. All forwards. No more than 4 assets. No #1 pick because the new offer includes two roster players instead of just 1 in Dubinsky. The Rangers are assuming a 6 year contract with a $7.8M cap hit.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Durbo20vT

Radulov back to KHL

Szymon Szemberg ‏@Sz1909_Szemberg

CSKA Moscow GM Sergei Fyodorov announces his first big signing, a 4-year deal with Alexander Radulov

Old
07-02-2012, 08:39 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
The trade market, once the right deal comes along, is one damn good way around it.

07-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Killem Dafoe
waf fi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post

I love this approach. **** the rest, we've got a crew that will go through a wall for each other. Keep it that way. Our prospects are hard nosed and you can tell they are jacked about how the big boys on Broadway handle their business. Guys like Miller and McIlrath can't wait to go to war with players like McDonagh, Girardi, Callahan.
I in no way think this team will be worse next season. Sather will do right thing and well come out flying.

But come on man, we're not better right now.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:40 AM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

To be fair, the scrubs aren't getting 12 year deals that take them to the ends of their careers. Suter will get that type of deal, which allows for low salary years at the end to bring down the cap hit.

That said, I'd rather get Parise with that type of contract than Suter, if we're going to get one of them.

RANGERS =
Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
So, all the "scrubs" as they're called around gets overpayed but the best UFA of them all won't? I promise he'll get the league max, or very very close to it.
He will not get close to league max. That's the point of a long-term contract. Front-load it like crazy and then let it drop off at the end. League max is what, 12 million/season? Not going to happen. He won't be anywhere close to that. It will be a Richards-esque contract.

The forward UFA crop is TERRIBLE. Suter is a top-5 player at his position, it's not even arguable at this point. He is entering his prime. If it creates a back-log of talent isn't that a good thing? That is when a trade makes the most sense.

Old
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Too much for Nash.

Way too much.

Depth is a problem as it is, and now we are going to do a four for one swap?

If Dubinsky AND Miller gets traded, who the **** is replacing Dubinsky? It should be Miller.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Vitto79

If its Dubinsky, Anisimov, Thomas, Miller I think they kinda have to do it. It sucks losing those guys but for a top 1st line guy like Nash I think Sather does it

I am thinking they say F to Nash and end up moving Dubinsky, Anisimov in another deal. Which would be hilarious cause then CLB is screwed

Old
07-02-2012, 08:41 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Maybe no KHL for Feds then.

Dmitry Chesnokov‏@dchesnokov

I am told no truth on Fedotenko reports at all. He's received an offer from the #KHL but has no interest to play anywhere but the #NHL.

Closed Thread