HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART III)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
In what world is Hudler mediocre as hell? Could you please elaborate? He scored 25 goals last season and scored some very clutch goals. But please, elaborate on his medicority
He gets a LOT of help from Detroits star players. He's tiny and isn't great at creating on his own.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Too much for Nash.

Way too much.

Depth is a problem as it is, and now we are going to do a four for one swap?

If Dubinsky AND Miller gets traded, who the **** is replacing Dubinsky? It should be Miller.
If they get Nash then the top 6 is him, Kreider, Richards, Stepan, Gaborik, Callahan

they still have Hagelin, Boyle and likely sing a UFA like Meuller to fill in. Then Rupp, Asham and maybe another UFA.

it impoves gets a top scorer but they lose depth. I would have to lose Miller but you have to give to get

Old
07-02-2012, 08:43 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
To be fair, the scrubs aren't getting 12 year deals that take them to the ends of their careers. Suter will get that type of deal, which allows for low salary years at the end to bring down the cap hit.

That said, I'd rather get Parise with that type of contract than Suter, if we're going to get one of them.
Noooooo! With the way Parise plays, he will not last. He plays a physical game and with his size, he will break down MUCH sooner than Suter. Suter is a smooth-skating, big, strong defenseman who can easily play 22-25 minutes a night. PP QB. PK. He provides offense and great vision from the back-end and rock-solid defense.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Maybe no KHL for Feds then.

Dmitry Chesnokov‏@dchesnokov

I am told no truth on Fedotenko reports at all. He's received an offer from the #KHL but has no interest to play anywhere but the #NHL.
ahhh makes more sense. I am sure he gets a dealio somewhere soon in the NHL

Old
07-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Ahhh, there it is again, the incredibly misguided notion that the Rangers are somehow in great shape when it comes to defensive depth.

Im most worried about top 6 scoring, but the defense is not so far behind. We've got a solid top 3 in McDonagh, Girardi, and Staal. The rest are question marks to varying degrees.
Del Zotto spent all year playing solid defense and contributing offensively, has some rough games in the playoffs and suddenly he's a big question mark

why do I keep coming to this board

Old
07-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
He gets a LOT of help from Detroits star players. He's tiny and isn't great at creating on his own.
Well, we're not signing him to be our superstar. We have plenty of players to "help" him as well.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

4 assets for one guy is just insane, IMO. This is really starting to get under my skin. There has to be another deal out there to be made. Sather is far too fixated on Nash for his own good.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sather is willing to part with two roster players and two prospects. Dubinsky is one roster player. He has to be included for cap reasons. Dubinsky has a $1M signing bonus(probably due yesterday) which the Rangers paid so his salary is just $2.75M for the rest of 12-13. Does Columbus want a D? Dubinsky,DZ,Miller and Thomas OR Dubinsky,Anisimov or Hagelin,Erixon and Thomas OR Dubinsky,Anisimov or Hagelin,Miller and Thomas. All forwards. No more than 4 assets. No #1 pick because the new offer includes two roster players instead of just 1 in Dubinsky. The Rangers are assuming a 6 year contract with a $7.8M cap hit.
The one "good" thing about Nash's cap hit, is that by the time he's probably really slowing down, the cap will have gone up enough that $7.8 mill isn't a huge burden

Still ugly but could be managed

Old
07-02-2012, 08:47 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Yes. I would give him a 12 year deal for 6~7 million/season. Easily top-5, if not top-3 every year at his position. It allows flexibility in the future to make a deal from strength for a position of weakness.
Problem is 12 years at 7M is only 84M. Word on the street is he's going to get 100M and be one of the top 5 highest paid players in the league. If true, do you still want us to be in on that?

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I, for the life of me, can't understand Sather's infatuation with Rick Nash. He loved him before Nash wanted to come here. I really don't want him on the Rangers anymore. His contract and production scare me in all honesty.

Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I in no way think this team will be worse next season. Sather will do right thing and well come out flying.

But come on man, we're not better right now.
Passing on the first wave of FA's and not caving in to stupid trade demands, I'd say we did.

We passed the torch to Kreider. We'll see if Miller/Erixon can make the jump. We have a truck full of new prospects recruits heading to Connecticut.

Better is not quantifiable right now, of course big names and stars are going to win out on paper lineups before a game is played.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:48 AM
NYR Viper

Can someone please list out the pros and cons of signing Parise and trading for Nash because to me, it seems signing Parise and using those assets elsewhere that would have been traded for Nash would make A LOT more sense......

Old
07-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
So many generalities here you sound like Skip Bayless.

With no hockey being played in July, we're all talking generalities.

My leaning on youth and core is the same as Vancouver fans hoping Garrison isn't a flash in the pan...

BTW, the same team I founded my generalities on, made it to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Can someone please list out the pros and cons of signing Parise and trading for Nash because to me, it seems signing Parise and using those assets elsewhere that would have been traded for Nash would make A LOT more sense......
Lots of pro's for Parise in this instance. I'm not excited about losing Del Zotto and Miller, potentially.

Nash doesn't fit our mold of Ranger. Parise does. Unfortunately, I think the reason we aren't kicking these tires, is more because Zach's not interested as opposed to us...

Old
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
I think the major con is the contract. Parise will cost you 7.5 for 10 or 12 more years whereas Nash is only 300k more for 6 (?) more years I believe.

Old
Lundsanity30

Sather did some Dunb moves yesterday with the goons our 4th line if we even have one right now is beyond abysmal. However, people are acting like every FA went yesterday who could help us. All were horrible, though I could have definitely jumped on board with that Whitney deal

Old
07-02-2012, 08:52 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Noooooo! With the way Parise plays, he will not last. He plays a physical game and with his size, he will break down MUCH sooner than Suter. Suter is a smooth-skating, big, strong defenseman who can easily play 22-25 minutes a night. PP QB. PK. He provides offense and great vision from the back-end and rock-solid defense.
The difference in defensive ability between Suter and guys like Staal, McD, and Girardi is small enough that I'd rather go with the homegrown guys, who are more likely to stay for reasonable money.

Now, offensively, Suter obviously has those guys beat right now. Suter is a good player on the PP, but how many "PP QBs" are going to come here and not succeed before we realize that the problem is more than the personnel?

I would rather not stray from a defensive formula that works by splurging on another high-priced UFA. Offense is where we need help, and offense is what Parise brings. If his body breaks down (which I'm not all that concerned about, as he's elusive enough to avoid the kind of bone-rattling hits that destroy guys' bodies) he can go on LTIR.

RANGERS =
Old
07-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
In a vacuum, sure, but Parise isn't a realistic option for us. He's said he doesn't want to come here, and it's been reported that we're not expecting him to change his mind.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sather is willing to part with two roster players and two prospects. Dubinsky is one roster player. He has to be included for cap reasons. Dubinsky has a $1M signing bonus(probably due yesterday) which the Rangers paid so his salary is just $2.75M for the rest of 12-13. Does Columbus want a D? Dubinsky,DZ,Miller and Thomas OR Dubinsky,Anisimov or Hagelin,Erixon and Thomas OR Dubinsky,Anisimov or Hagelin,Miller and Thomas. All forwards. No more than 4 assets. No #1 pick because the new offer includes two roster players instead of just 1 in Dubinsky. The Rangers are assuming a 6 year contract with a $7.8M cap hit.
Hagelin + del zotto and 2 prospects for Nash. We could move Dubinsky for a D to replace MDZ.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:54 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Problem is 12 years at 7M is only 84M. Word on the street is he's going to get 100M and be one of the top 5 highest paid players in the league. If true, do you still want us to be in on that?
I would go as far as 7 million for 12 years and leave that as his option. I would not go higher than that but I really don't see any team offering more than that realistically.

Old
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Sather did some Dunb moves yesterday with the goons our 4th line if we even have one right now is beyond abysmal. However, people are acting like every FA went yesterday who could help us. All were horrible, though I could have definitely jumped on board with that Whitney deal
yea the list stinks plain and simple. I am going to defend Sather cause really they just lost Prust which was crazy at 2.5 per and got Asham who will do just fine as a 4th line RW. After that they lost Scott so got Haley. Reality is its just AHL depth or a spare F to come in agains the Isles, Devils, Flyers.

Newbury is just depth for CT and Bickel is the 25th man on the roster who can play D and wing. Again Bickel is just musle for the blood baths

Old
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Passing on the first wave of FA's and not caving in to stupid trade demands, I'd say we did.

We passed the torch to Kreider. We'll see if Miller/Erixon can make the jump. We have a truck full of new prospects recruits heading to Connecticut.

Better is not quantifiable right now, of course big names and stars are going to win out on paper lineups before a game is played.
One successful year and people are antsy to blow everything up and stray from the process that brought us success. Unbelievable.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I, for the life of me, can't understand Sather's infatuation with Rick Nash. He loved him before Nash wanted to come here. I really don't want him on the Rangers anymore. His contract and production scare me in all honesty.
I can certainly understand it, and I think there is a chance Nash returns to form as an excellent goal scorer, but I still think you have to pay for what the player is now, not what you think they could do once they're on your team.

In a different situation (one where Howson isn't insane and Nash isn't paid like a top 5 player in the league) I'd love to have Nash on the Rangers. With the right deal, I wouldn't mind it. But there is certainly a big potential downside to trading for him depending on how antsy Sather might get. I do believe Brooks when he says that Sather won't give up guys like Kreider, Stepan, etc

edit: i'd really like to see Haley getting 4th line playing time. He's pretty good, the Islanders didn't give him a chance cuz they wanted to play Marty Reasoner every night

Old
07-02-2012, 08:56 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Dumb moves? Based on what? He signed a cheap replacement for Prust in Asham who will throw with the best of them...and brought in an even cheaper AHL guy who might play on Broadway this year or next in Haley. Please explain what was dumb about it?

Old
07-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Lundsanity30

Getting Nash and keeping stepan kreider and mcd is absolutely a win for the Rangers

Closed Thread