HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART III)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 09:57 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I can certainly understand it, and I think there is a chance Nash returns to form as an excellent goal scorer, but I still think you have to pay for what the player is now, not what you think they could do once they're on your team.

In a different situation (one where Howson isn't insane and Nash isn't paid like a top 5 player in the league) I'd love to have Nash on the Rangers. With the right deal, I wouldn't mind it. But there is certainly a big potential downside to trading for him depending on how antsy Sather might get. I do believe Brooks when he says that Sather won't give up guys like Kreider, Stepan, etc
I feel the same. If the price is on par with a 65-70 point player making top-10 money in the NHL I am all for it. He would fit well. But not for Del Zotto + Dubinsky + Miller + Erixon + 1st

That would be ludicrous.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Dumb moves? Based on what? He signed a cheap replacement for Prust in Asham who will throw with the best of them...and brought in an even cheaper AHL guy who might play on Broadway this year or next in Haley. Please explain what was dumb about it?
Our 4th line sucked last year and sucks now. We replaced crap w **** we needed to make our 4th line somewhat decent to at least give us 5-7 minutes a game, and there is zero speed down there

Old
07-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I feel the same. If the price is on par with a 65-70 point player making top-10 money in the NHL I am all for it. He would fit well. But not for Del Zotto + Dubinsky + Miller + Erixon + 1st

That would be ludicrous.
Rangers keep stepan kreider and mcdonagh and add a 30+ 60+ goal scorer? Fine with me

Old
07-02-2012, 10:01 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I would go as far as 7 million for 12 years and leave that as his option. I would not go higher than that but I really don't see any team offering more than that realistically.
I guess we'll find out in the next 24-48 hours. Is a team going to offer him 100M over 13 years, at a 7.7M cap hit? Seems like a lot of money for a very good but perhaps not elite dman. We'll know soon enough.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sather offered Dubinsky,Erixon,Miller,Thomas and #1 in 2012 for Nash at the trading deadline. That included 1 NHL roster player. Is Miller ready to replace Dubinsky this season? He needs another season in the CHL/AHL. I saw the video chat with Gorton/Clark and Cerny. Gorton indicated they would part with a couple of prospects for the right player. Brooks wrote 2 roster players and 2 prospects. Dubinsky. Erixon or Miller is one of the prospects depending upon the other roster player. Sather won't trade 2 D in the deal.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I guess we'll find out in the next 24-48 hours. Is a team going to offer him 100M over 13 years, at a 7.7M cap hit? Seems like a lot of money for a very good but perhaps not elite dman. We'll know soon enough.
A team already has and Nashville has already said they'll match it...

Old
07-02-2012, 10:04 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Rangers keep stepan kreider and mcdonagh and add a 30+ 60+ goal scorer? Fine with me
A deal like that will deplete the system. It will not only add a large contract to the Rangers cap but also pretty much kill a large chance of being able to continue to bring along good young players on cheap ELC's which will kill any team.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Our 4th line sucked last year and sucks now. We replaced crap w **** we needed to make our 4th line somewhat decent to at least give us 5-7 minutes a game, and there is zero speed down there
If we had more offense from our top 9 we wouldn't have to worry about our 4th line getting on the score sheet. I don't need them to score...just beat the hell out of our opponents and try to play even +/- hockey. Our problem is we have guys playing on the wrong lines (because of a lack of top 6 skill.) Add another 1st or 2nd line talent and everyone will slot in the right places. 4th liners are 4th liners and I just want them to be tough SOBs. Let's be honest here anyway...this team isn't going to roll 4 lines all night long anyway.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
A team already has and Nashville has already said they'll match it...
I see no reason why Suter should leave NSH, they are good and will sign Weber too since they have the space.

their D is crazy good too. So many young guys coming up

Old
07-02-2012, 10:06 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Jul 2, 2012 10:04a

Radulov is set to make 300 million rubles per year, around $9.2 million, in the #KHL. More details soon on Puck Daddy.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/dchesnokov/status/219793594180059136

Old
Levitate

As far as I can tell it's just that the Preds haven't been able to really take the next step to compete directly for the cup and they aren't in a traditional hockey market so I think some guys are getting antsy

Old
Parker

Still quite a few holes to fill as the opening day roster stands right now. Rangers have about $18 million in cap space.

Even more holes to fill if multiple roster players get traded away for Nash (hope this doesn't happen).

Can any of the guys from CT Whale be pencilled in to make the jump at the start of the season?

Hagelin - Richards - Callahan (Gabby injured to start the season)
Kreider - Stepan - Dubinsky
??? - Anisimov - ???
Asham - Boyle - Rupp

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Del Zotto
Bickel - Erixon / ???
7th D: ???

Old
07-02-2012, 10:08 AM
bmw2004

You all know we are not getting neither of those two. Let's try and concentrate on some real options instead of the ones that are pure dream. I think Bobby Ryan should be number one prority this of season. I don't want to see Nash in the Rangers uniform with his absurd contract at the price that Howson keeps demanding.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
A deal like that will deplete the system. It will not only add a large contract to the Rangers cap but also pretty much kill a large chance of being able to continue to bring along good young players on cheap ELC's which will kill any team.
Our team would look like WITH gaborik... Kreider-Richards-gaborik.. Nash-stepan-Callahan.. boyle-AA-ufa?? 4th "line" with staal mcd girardi erixon bickel stralman, mcilrath all options,on D plus FA options. I'm SURE we would be fine with that team for a while

Old
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Still quite a few holes to fill as the opening day roster stands right now. Rangers have about $18 million in cap space.

Even more holes to fill if multiple roster players get traded away for Nash (hope this doesn't happen).

Can any of the guys from CT Whale be pencilled in to make the jump at the start of the season?

Hagelin - Richards - Callahan (Gabby injured to start the season)
Kreider - Stepan - Dubinsky
??? - Anisimov - ???
Asham - Boyle - Rupp

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Del Zotto
Bickel - Erixon / ???
7th D: ???
Yogan MAY be. Miller and Thomas will push but I don't think either are ready for the NHL. McIlrath will push as well but I think he starts in the AHL.

Haley I think will be on the NHL roster to start the season. Torts loves those types of players. See Bickel.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Parker

Quote:
Yogan MAY be. Miller and Thomas will push but I don't think either are ready for the NHL. McIlrath will push as well but I think he starts in the AHL.

Haley I think will be on the NHL roster to start the season. Torts loves those types of players. See Bickel.
Main problem I see is that Kreider is already a little bit of an unknown, obviously he was was awesome in the playoffs but we have to hope that carries over and he can maintain that pace/level for an entire season. Can't see the Rangers adding 2 more rookies into the mix and having 3 of the top 9 forwards as rookies.

Fully expecting some 3rd line players to get signed today (or something like a Semin signing that allows a player to get moved down to the 3rd line) but not really sure who the best available options are and it's looking like at this point they're going to get overpaid regardless.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Two prospects is our entire system? We suck then. C'mon Boyler!

Old
07-02-2012, 10:14 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Still plenty of 3rd liners available who can contribute 15-20 goals. Sather's waiting for Nash/Parise/Ryan thing to end.

Once those three are locked away here or elsewhere, he can start addressing the bottom pairing and the 3rd line.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

@tpanotchCSN: i asked this before FA began: do the Flyers really need a luxury forward? Shouldn't a solid d-man be their goal?

Philly writer gets it.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:16 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Can someone please list out the pros and cons of signing Parise and trading for Nash because to me, it seems signing Parise and using those assets elsewhere that would have been traded for Nash would make A LOT more sense......
the only con to signing parise instead is the only one that matters...he doesn't want to come here

Old
07-02-2012, 10:17 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers don't have $18M to spend. The cap won't be $70M in the next CBA. Can't spend money you won't have.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Jul 2, 2012 10:04a

Radulov is set to make 300 million rubles per year, around $9.2 million, in the #KHL. More details soon on Puck Daddy.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/dchesnokov/status/219793594180059136
I have no problem with athletes trying to make as much as they can in their short career span. If it were me personally though, I wouldn't sacrifice playing in a more-talented league if it meant making more money. I would want to play in the best league possible if I had the skills to- and Radulov certainly has the skills.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Our team would look like WITH gaborik... Kreider-Richards-gaborik.. Nash-stepan-Callahan.. boyle-AA-ufa?? 4th "line" with staal mcd girardi erixon bickel stralman, mcilrath all options,on D plus FA options. I'm SURE we would be fine with that team for a while
I would like the team to be a continual powerhouse. Not just a while. I get Nash is a good player, but he is not worth a 21 year old 40+ point + a 25 year old 40 point 100 PIM forward + (2) top prospects.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
eco's bones

I don't expect this season is going to start on time. Why all the urgency to make a big splash? Even if it does--Gaborik will be back. Trading 4 big assets for a 6 year $7.8 mil cap hit is just not interesting to me. I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned Howson and Nash can go screw each other.

The sky is not falling. We may have to make some adjustments but IMO holding on to what we have is the right move for now. Next playoffs is in April. We don't have to solve our scoring problems until then--which by the way is what the Kings did last year.

Would like to see Fedotenko back. Maybe Stralman as well.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:19 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Two prospects is our entire system? We suck then. C'mon Boyler!
They would lose (2) of their top prospects. That creates a large gap in a prospect pool already not that deep with potential NHL players.

Closed Thread