HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART III)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 09:38 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I don't see how Parise signing helps Sather acquire Nash... If anything it hurts no?
I would think it would hurt. I wonder who else is available. I keep hearing Yandle but I doubt he gets moved.......

Old
07-02-2012, 09:39 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
4 assets for one guy is just insane, IMO. This is really starting to get under my skin. There has to be another deal out there to be made. Sather is far too fixated on Nash for his own good.
Yes see the above.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:40 AM
rvdnsx

I wonder if the Rangers actually have made an offer to Parise at all. As much as I like him as a player, he's gonna hear it from the fans here for the rest of his career for his comments about not wanting to come here. I can already hear the "We don't want you!" chants to go along with the "You can't beat us!" and the "Can you hear us?".

Slats needs to do something today, but don't overpay for Nash. His contract alone makes his value go down, offer Dubi, a prospect and a pick. If Howson says no, then walk away and get a UFA or two without giving up any assets. We need scoring and a defenseman or two. Why not do this instead:

Jaromir Jagr or Jamie Langenbrunner- 1 Yr $3 Million
Alexander Semin or Shane Doan - 1-2 Years at $5-6 Million Per Year
Milan Jurcina or Steve Staios - 1-2 Years at $2 Million Per

Run with this next year:

Semin/Doan - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Dubinsky - Jagr/Langenbrunner
Anisimov - Boyle - Rupp/Asham

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Jurcina/Staios
Del Zotto - Erixon/McIlrath

Lundqvist - Biron

God mix of youth and vets, speed and grit, skill and hard nosed players. This would leave about $5 million in cap space once Del Zotto signs for between $3-4 million for trades and/or waiver pickups.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Levitate

I think you people are nuts if you believe the Rangers will sign Semin

I mean, I've been wrong before! But he really doesn't seem like the kind of player they'd go after

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
4 assets for one guy is just insane, IMO. This is really starting to get under my skin. There has to be another deal out there to be made. Sather is far too fixated on Nash for his own good.
I've been saying this since the traded deadline. I still can't believe some of our fans are willingly giving up multiple top prospects and young players for Nash.

Old
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I would think it would hurt. I wonder who else is available. I keep hearing Yandle but I doubt he gets moved.......
It depends. Howson has been waiting for Parise to sign because he thinks it will drive up the price. When Parise does sign and Sathers offer remains the same, it could make Howson more amenable to it.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:42 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Hudler is also mediocre as hell and Jagr isn't coming to the Rangers. No way Sather and Tortorella want him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
To the people proposing Jagr:

THAT SHIP HAS SAILED.

Some of you have very short memories, or are just plain ignorant when it comes to how things were left.
Jagr wanted 3 years, we didn't offer it. He might have been slighted, but that was 4 years ago. I think the acrimony is overblown.

And it's amazing how stubborn Tortorella is portrayed. He directly addressed the need for diversity in the roster, that we need a scorer and he doesn't have to fit the mold of Callahan to a 'T'. Semin and Jagr are possibilities no matter how much fans want to portray Tortorella as a thickheaded ego manic.

After seeing Miller in action this past week, I am becoming more reluctant to move him. I get it, you have to give to get, Nash will help now, Miller might not pan out, blah blah blah... Del Zotto is so young and he's progressing. His mistakes get magnified, but he's physical, great with the puck and he improved in his zone a lot this season. Erixon is not getting moved.

If I'm only willing to part with Dubinsky, the 1st, Anisimov, Thomas (another standout this week), maybe Hagelin (not all together)... maybe I just don't want him that bad. It's a touch of greed, a touch of reality. $7.8m per, 6 more years, he's not elite, cap will drop. Schenn and Simmonds got Richards, I don't trade Kreider and Dubinsky for Nash, or Kreider alone. Richards wasn't a drawn out drama. Heatley. Cheechoo and Michalek and a 2nd/3rd(?). Dubinsky and Anisimov with a pick, I'm in.

I don't want to chase my tail either. Move MDZ and we're moving assets to help add O to the blue line. Miller will be more valuable on the ice or traded as an NHLer than as a prospect now. Same with McIlrath.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:42 AM
mti79

First, we don't need to be in a hurry to make a bad trade. I'll trust the guys whose jobs it is to make the best decision out there.

Take a look at what Semin wants. May be worth it to add him instead of making a big trade. I'm still in favor of signing Sykora. The guy will pot 20+ goals and may sign a contract similar to what Asham got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Radulov got a no curfew clause.
That's just funny right there.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I think it changes Sather's offer, if a division rival gets Parise or let's say he goes to PIT and the Flyers come out of left field and trade for Ruan Sather feels more pressure to bring in Nash.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:45 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:

I mean, I've been wrong before! But he really doesn't seem like the kind of player they'd go after
Depends on what they thought of his playoff performance, I'd say. He definitely showed a more effort than usual. Do Torts, Slats, and Gorton think that they can get him to show that effort level for an entire season and playoff run? That's the question.

RANGERS =
Old
07-02-2012, 09:46 AM
rvdnsx

Quote:

I somewhat agree but you can only have so many hard nosed players, you need pure skill to win sometimes. Semin is one the best snipers in the league. I don't know about you guys but he could literally score from just about anywhere once from the blueline in. His partial season with Dale Hunter could have helped his overall game. And considering he could be had without gutting our team is an even bigger plus. Its one thing to get a player like Nash or Ryan, but with less parts for them to work with its may actually make us worse.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Vitto79

This dilemma on D is a real pain cause if Sauer was healthy no one would want to add a body. McD, Girardi, Staal, Sauer, DZ, Erixon, Bickel and maybe Stralman is plenty

Old
07-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

i am honestly amazed at the tears shed on this board over losing brandon prust and replacing him WITH A BETTER PLAYER in asham. i'm sorry but other than pking asham does everything else better.

absolutely AMAZED that people were fine with a fourth line of rupp boyle prust but cringe at a fourth line of rupp boyle asham haha. torts likes using 3 lines always has stop worrying about whether or not they'll be burnt out. they burned out this year because they played two 7 game series before getting to the eastern conference finals. they certainly aren't going to lose now because asham is such a horrible player compared to prust that we're not going to be able to use our 4th line. absolutely absurd. asham was good enough to play for the devils flyers and pens 4th lines im pretty sure he's good enough to play for ours.

this is THE LEAST OF OUR ISSUES

in the end prust got WAY overpaid and we replaced him with a much cheaper and solid veteran tough guy that can play.

Old
SomebodySaveKreider

I could see Jurcina coming in. Would certainly be a good signing. Wouldn't be surprised if they leave a spot open for Big Mac or Erixon to try to win.

Old
DutchShamrock

The more the LA comparisons are made, the more it makes sense. LA wouldn't part with Schenn and Simmonds until they were blown away by the return. Jack of all trades Center, leader, playoff performer for a prospect center (#1 non NHLer at that) and an energy and popular 2nd/3rd line wing.

Lombardi turned down Hossa and Kovalchuk among others because of the Schenn/Simmonds demand. Deals were always based on the defensive depth/prospects and that ultimate move wasn't made until the replacements were ready.

Trades will come if this one isn't a match.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:53 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I still think they should wait one more year until they start subtracting from their home grown talent.

A lot can happen over the course of a season. Nash was nowhere near being traded a year ago today. In fact, CBJ did the opposite by building around him.

Then two weeks into the season happened, and everyone on CBJ became available.

For all we know, Washington could start 2-14 and all of a sudden, Ovechkin or Backstrom are available. Or Chicago goes 10-22 and Kane or Keith are available.

Just wait it out. Screw Nash and screw Ryan.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:56 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I have no problem with athletes trying to make as much as they can in their short career span. If it were me personally though, I wouldn't sacrifice playing in a more-talented league if it meant making more money. I would want to play in the best league possible if I had the skills to- and Radulov certainly has the skills.
Really??? On after tax basis we are talking roughly $8 m vs $3 m (rounded up). Thats $5 m per year or $20 m over four years. That's a lot of dough and I have no problem with Radulov taking it. This is not some marginal $1 m () we are talking about here.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:57 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sather wants this player. Forget about what the fans think. We have zero say. Sather won't trade Kreider, Stepan or McDonagh. Craft a deal around those parameters. 2 roster players and 2 prospects. Nash won't be just for 12-13. It will be up to Gorton and Clark to replace the depth lost.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:58 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

The only thing more irrational than Howson are some of the Blue Jackets fans.

If we're not giving up half the roster, they're not interested.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Radulov got a no curfew clause.
Lol, link please.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Assets are assets, use them wisely to better your team..Its a tad disappointing, but this team is built to compete for a championship now and for the next few years. You can't hang your hopes on the development of prospects aka assets at this stage... IMO anyway

Old
07-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
The only thing more irrational than Howson are some of the Blue Jackets fans.

If we're not giving up half the roster, they're not interested.
I said it at the trade deadline and I maintain my position, CBJ fans are going to be disappointed.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
1940rip

I may have missed it, but what reasons have been given for not doggedly pursuing Bobby Ryan? Do you think that all this Nash trade circus is just some Sather slight-of-hand, and he'll eventually land Ryan to everyone's delight and surprise? I certainly hope so.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Dorado*

Get Semin .

Old
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Jul 2, 2012 11:04a

Martin Brodeur tells Jersey reporters about ZP: "I'm pretty positive that he'll come back to us, but we'll see."

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/adater/status/219808849547378689

Closed Thread