HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - The Frenzy...continues

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2012, 09:14 AM
  #101
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
Exactly. CBJ doesn't do this trade unless it helps them get somewhat better. They are not forced to trade Nash, so they are not going to do NYR a favor and just take whatever they are willing to give for Nash. Impact players will have to go both ways and the Rangers happen to have a couple young ones of interest with high potential. One of them is gone if this deal is done.
Disagree there. Howson badly mismanaged the situation when he publicly threw Nash under the bus by announcing Nash's desire for a trade in a press conference. There is no way that it would be healthy for the team to start the season with Nash still there. He's backed into a corner.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:15 AM
  #102
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1992-93
Posts: 4,125
vCash: 500
Nash on the Canes would be scary.

Boxscore is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:15 AM
  #103
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
Is the 4th period even reliable?? I agree w sharks if pavelski involved best player ur going to get

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:16 AM
  #104
dammit100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Staal/Staal/Nash

Holy puck possession!

dammit100 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:18 AM
  #105
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
Wouldn't mind car getting him, i would be able to see staal staal Nash together live. As a,hockey fan, quite cool

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:19 AM
  #106
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
good get dealt somewhere other than the Rangers so Sather can find a cheaper option that wont cost the Farm.

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:27 AM
  #107
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 21,570
vCash: 500
Canes would overpay for Nash. JR knows the urgency for a top-six winger, and the pickings are slim now (since a lot of the "backup" plans were signed yesterday).

If it could be done without including Skinner, I'm all for it. McBain, Dalpe, Rask, Murphy, multiple picks, whatever.

Blueline Bomber is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:33 AM
  #108
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins71 View Post
Nash - Staal - Skinner
Ruutu - Staal - Jokinen

are they getting him for free? None of these forwards are going the other way? unlikely.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:42 AM
  #109
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
We already agreed to a deal why are we still discussing this??
Because it's a stupid, short-sighted deal that 'we' didn't agree to. You did. Not surprising though. Not when you consider the numerous fairy-tale, lopsided proposals you've been creating since you joined this board.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:42 AM
  #110
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Best case scenario for the Jackets is Zach Parise selects the Penguins. If he does, then there will be a bidding war between the Rangers and Flyers. The Atlantic Division has gotta keep up with the Joneses. Today could get interesting really fast.

The Hurricanes being this active leads me to one question. Where are they getting the money? If they acquire Nash, they would have 22M tied up in Nash and the Staal's.

I think at the end of the day, the three teams with the most legitimate shot to get Nash are the Sharks, Flyers and Rangers in no particular order. All of which have been confirmed to be on his list.

Kev22 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:44 AM
  #111
Metro Misfits
Misfits of the Metro
 
Metro Misfits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Isle of Misfit Toys
Country: Somalia
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
are they getting him for free? None of these forwards are going the other way? unlikely.
Ok, if we send Jokinen or Skinner, then Jiri Tlusty will be in his spot.

Metro Misfits is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:45 AM
  #112
Metro Misfits
Misfits of the Metro
 
Metro Misfits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Isle of Misfit Toys
Country: Somalia
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Best case scenario for the Jackets is Zach Parise selects the Penguins. If he does, then there will be a bidding war between the Rangers and Flyers. The Atlantic Division has gotta keep up with the Joneses. Today could get interesting really fast.

The Hurricanes being this active leads me to one question. Where are they getting the money? If they acquire Nash, they would have 22M tied up in Nash and the Staal's.

I think at the end of the day, the three teams with the most legitimate shot to get Nash are the Sharks, Flyers and Rangers in no particular order. All of which have been confirmed to be on his list.
We are still 5 mill from the floor, and have new investors that are willing to throw some money.

Metro Misfits is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:46 AM
  #113
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Is the 4th period even reliable?? I agree w sharks if pavelski involved best player ur going to get
Right now, I would take Pavelski, but I can't say I believe he is on the table.

My guess is that they are piling onto Clowe.

TSA0402 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:46 AM
  #114
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 21,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
The Hurricanes being this active leads me to one question. Where are they getting the money? If they acquire Nash, they would have 22M tied up in Nash and the Staal's.
The new money comes from 3 things:

1. New minority owners. Local. Want to see the team improved, ready to spend to do it.
2. New TV deal. Long term. Brought a lot of money to the franchise.
3. PK is opening his own wallet more, because he (and JR) believe this team is getting closer to competing.

If the Canes grab Nash, even if it costs the farm, they're competing.

Blueline Bomber is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:52 AM
  #115
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Because it's a stupid, short-sighted deal that 'we' didn't agree to. You did. Not surprising though. Not when you consider the numerous fairy-tale, lopsided proposals you've been creating since you joined this board.


The only person living in a fairy tale world is you if you think Brandon Dubinsky plus a couple of meddling prospects gets you Rick Nash. That is the biggest fairy tale of all.

If you don't want Nash no problem, you have a good team. Roll with it and get off this thread.

This is a Rick Nash trade thread. Not Boom Booms fantasy world to get a good player for junk.

Cash for Nash is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
  #116
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
The only person living in a fairy tale world is you if you think Brandon Dubinsky plus a couple of meddling prospects gets you Rick Nash. That is the biggest fairy tale of all.
Exactly. Nobody wants a bunch of prospects messing around in their biznis.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
  #117
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
If the Canes grab Nash, even if it costs the farm, they're competing.
I'm assuming you mean the farm club, which wouldn't really entice Jackets fans. If the Canes are willing to part with a piece like Skinner, then things might get interesting, but I can't imagine they'd do that. Where does the deal go from there then?

Kev22 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:01 AM
  #118
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post


The only person living in a fairy tale world is you if you think Brandon Dubinsky plus a couple of meddling prospects gets you Rick Nash. That is the biggest fairy tale of all.

If you don't want Nash no problem, you have a good team. Roll with it and get off this thread.

This is a Rick Nash trade thread. Not Boom Booms fantasy world to get a good player for junk.
Meddling prospects? You honesty have no clue what you're talking about kid, and you haven't since this whole debacle started. You're probably the same guy trying to burn Lebron jerseys still.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
  #119
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
The new money comes from 3 things:

1. New minority owners. Local. Want to see the team improved, ready to spend to do it.
2. New TV deal. Long term. Brought a lot of money to the franchise.
3. PK is opening his own wallet more, because he (and JR) believe this team is getting closer to competing.

If the Canes grab Nash, even if it costs the farm, they're competing.
Thanks for the info. New owners with fresh capital always helps. I can't imagine that a TV deal in that market is having a huge impact. Columbus and the Raleigh/Durham area I believe are somewhat comparable, so it might have some impact but very small. Karmanos opening the checkbook is good for you. Now that it's not all his scratch on the line, he's going for the gold. Again good for the Canes.

Kev22 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:04 AM
  #120
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Meddling prospects? You honesty have no clue what you're talking about kid, and you haven't since this whole debacle started. You're probably the same guy trying to burn Lebron jerseys still.
I wouldn't trade RJ Umberger or even Cam Atkinson for the dudes (JT Miller, Thomas) you are mentioning in a Nash deal.

lmao....get real.

Cash for Nash is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
  #121
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMardigan View Post
Ok, if we send Jokinen or Skinner, then Jiri Tlusty will be in his spot.
If you give up Skinner, the top 6 gets much weaker. if not Skinner, then it will likely two or three quality players which has the same effect.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:07 AM
  #122
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Someone's going to grossly overpay for Nash and regret it. Most overrated player I've seen in a long time. Not to say he isn't good....but the guy isn't worth a lot of the offers I've been hearing and seeing.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM
  #123
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
I wouldn't trade RJ Umberger or even Cam Atkinson for the dudes (JT Miller, Thomas) you are mentioning in a Nash deal.

lmao....get real.
So JT Miller, Brandon Dubinsky, Del Zotto, and a 1st isnt a good deal to you Mr Howson? You're an absolute fool and thank god for everyone that 14 year olds can't be GM's, but hey keep holding onto the pipe dream of McDonagh(who's better then Nash) and Kreider(who multiple GM's have said they wouldn't even trade straight up for Nash). I didn't even want Nash but now I hope he goes to the Rangers because you're going to be so disappointed at the return.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
  #124
Dionysus
Registered User
 
Dionysus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Around the bend
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Exactly. Nobody wants a bunch of prospects messing around in their biznis.
Haha great stuff

Dionysus is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
  #125
SomebodySaveKreider
Registered User
 
SomebodySaveKreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
I wouldn't trade RJ Umberger or even Cam Atkinson for the dudes (JT Miller, Thomas) you are mentioning in a Nash deal.

lmao....get real.
I understand you guys don't want to get bent, but you're not going to have the woes of your team cured with one trade.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.