HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - The Frenzy...continues

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
Exactly. CBJ doesn't do this trade unless it helps them get somewhat better. They are not forced to trade Nash, so they are not going to do NYR a favor and just take whatever they are willing to give for Nash. Impact players will have to go both ways and the Rangers happen to have a couple young ones of interest with high potential. One of them is gone if this deal is done.
Disagree there. Howson badly mismanaged the situation when he publicly threw Nash under the bus by announcing Nash's desire for a trade in a press conference. There is no way that it would be healthy for the team to start the season with Nash still there. He's backed into a corner.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

vCash: 500
Nash on the Canes would be scary.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Lundsanity30

Is the 4th period even reliable?? I agree w sharks if pavelski involved best player ur going to get

Old
07-02-2012, 09:16 AM
dammit100

Staal/Staal/Nash

Holy puck possession!

Old
07-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Lundsanity30

Wouldn't mind car getting him, i would be able to see staal staal Nash together live. As a,hockey fan, quite cool

Old
07-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
good get dealt somewhere other than the Rangers so Sather can find a cheaper option that wont cost the Farm.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Canes would overpay for Nash. JR knows the urgency for a top-six winger, and the pickings are slim now (since a lot of the "backup" plans were signed yesterday).

If it could be done without including Skinner, I'm all for it. McBain, Dalpe, Rask, Murphy, multiple picks, whatever.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins71 View Post
Nash - Staal - Skinner
Ruutu - Staal - Jokinen

are they getting him for free? None of these forwards are going the other way? unlikely.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
We already agreed to a deal why are we still discussing this??
Because it's a stupid, short-sighted deal that 'we' didn't agree to. You did. Not surprising though. Not when you consider the numerous fairy-tale, lopsided proposals you've been creating since you joined this board.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Kev22

Best case scenario for the Jackets is Zach Parise selects the Penguins. If he does, then there will be a bidding war between the Rangers and Flyers. The Atlantic Division has gotta keep up with the Joneses. Today could get interesting really fast.

The Hurricanes being this active leads me to one question. Where are they getting the money? If they acquire Nash, they would have 22M tied up in Nash and the Staal's.

I think at the end of the day, the three teams with the most legitimate shot to get Nash are the Sharks, Flyers and Rangers in no particular order. All of which have been confirmed to be on his list.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Metro Misfits
Misfits of the Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
are they getting him for free? None of these forwards are going the other way? unlikely.
Ok, if we send Jokinen or Skinner, then Jiri Tlusty will be in his spot.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Metro Misfits
Misfits of the Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Best case scenario for the Jackets is Zach Parise selects the Penguins. If he does, then there will be a bidding war between the Rangers and Flyers. The Atlantic Division has gotta keep up with the Joneses. Today could get interesting really fast.

The Hurricanes being this active leads me to one question. Where are they getting the money? If they acquire Nash, they would have 22M tied up in Nash and the Staal's.

I think at the end of the day, the three teams with the most legitimate shot to get Nash are the Sharks, Flyers and Rangers in no particular order. All of which have been confirmed to be on his list.
We are still 5 mill from the floor, and have new investors that are willing to throw some money.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:46 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Is the 4th period even reliable?? I agree w sharks if pavelski involved best player ur going to get
Right now, I would take Pavelski, but I can't say I believe he is on the table.

My guess is that they are piling onto Clowe.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
The new money comes from 3 things:

1. New minority owners. Local. Want to see the team improved, ready to spend to do it.
2. New TV deal. Long term. Brought a lot of money to the franchise.
3. PK is opening his own wallet more, because he (and JR) believe this team is getting closer to competing.

If the Canes grab Nash, even if it costs the farm, they're competing.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Because it's a stupid, short-sighted deal that 'we' didn't agree to. You did. Not surprising though. Not when you consider the numerous fairy-tale, lopsided proposals you've been creating since you joined this board.

The only person living in a fairy tale world is you if you think Brandon Dubinsky plus a couple of meddling prospects gets you Rick Nash. That is the biggest fairy tale of all.

If you don't want Nash no problem, you have a good team. Roll with it and get off this thread.

This is a Rick Nash trade thread. Not Boom Booms fantasy world to get a good player for junk.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
The only person living in a fairy tale world is you if you think Brandon Dubinsky plus a couple of meddling prospects gets you Rick Nash. That is the biggest fairy tale of all.
Exactly. Nobody wants a bunch of prospects messing around in their biznis.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I'm assuming you mean the farm club, which wouldn't really entice Jackets fans. If the Canes are willing to part with a piece like Skinner, then things might get interesting, but I can't imagine they'd do that. Where does the deal go from there then?

Old
07-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:

If you don't want Nash no problem, you have a good team. Roll with it and get off this thread.

This is a Rick Nash trade thread. Not Boom Booms fantasy world to get a good player for junk.
Meddling prospects? You honesty have no clue what you're talking about kid, and you haven't since this whole debacle started. You're probably the same guy trying to burn Lebron jerseys still.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
The new money comes from 3 things:

1. New minority owners. Local. Want to see the team improved, ready to spend to do it.
2. New TV deal. Long term. Brought a lot of money to the franchise.
3. PK is opening his own wallet more, because he (and JR) believe this team is getting closer to competing.

Thanks for the info. New owners with fresh capital always helps. I can't imagine that a TV deal in that market is having a huge impact. Columbus and the Raleigh/Durham area I believe are somewhat comparable, so it might have some impact but very small. Karmanos opening the checkbook is good for you. Now that it's not all his scratch on the line, he's going for the gold. Again good for the Canes.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Meddling prospects? You honesty have no clue what you're talking about kid, and you haven't since this whole debacle started. You're probably the same guy trying to burn Lebron jerseys still.
I wouldn't trade RJ Umberger or even Cam Atkinson for the dudes (JT Miller, Thomas) you are mentioning in a Nash deal.

lmao....get real.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMardigan View Post
Ok, if we send Jokinen or Skinner, then Jiri Tlusty will be in his spot.
If you give up Skinner, the top 6 gets much weaker. if not Skinner, then it will likely two or three quality players which has the same effect.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:07 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Someone's going to grossly overpay for Nash and regret it. Most overrated player I've seen in a long time. Not to say he isn't good....but the guy isn't worth a lot of the offers I've been hearing and seeing.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I wouldn't trade RJ Umberger or even Cam Atkinson for the dudes (JT Miller, Thomas) you are mentioning in a Nash deal.

lmao....get real.
So JT Miller, Brandon Dubinsky, Del Zotto, and a 1st isnt a good deal to you Mr Howson? You're an absolute fool and thank god for everyone that 14 year olds can't be GM's, but hey keep holding onto the pipe dream of McDonagh(who's better then Nash) and Kreider(who multiple GM's have said they wouldn't even trade straight up for Nash). I didn't even want Nash but now I hope he goes to the Rangers because you're going to be so disappointed at the return.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Dionysus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Exactly. Nobody wants a bunch of prospects messing around in their biznis.
Haha great stuff

Old
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:

lmao....get real.
I understand you guys don't want to get bent, but you're not going to have the woes of your team cured with one trade.

Closed Thread