HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART III)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
I said it at the trade deadline and I maintain my position, CBJ fans are going to be disappointed.
Its like they want all their woes cured with one trade. Its so unrealistic.

I understand, they don't want to lose him for nothing, but the demands are insane.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Killem Dafoe
waf fi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1940rip View Post
I may have missed it, but what reasons have been given for not doggedly pursuing Bobby Ryan? Do you think that all this Nash trade circus is just some Sather slight-of-hand, and he'll eventually land Ryan to everyone's delight and surprise? I certainly hope so.
I'm pretty sure that Sather's absolute best offer for Nash that doesn't include Kreider, McD, or Steps would fly in a trade for Ryan. imo. so i don't get it either.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:06 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1940rip View Post
I may have missed it, but what reasons have been given for not doggedly pursuing Bobby Ryan? Do you think that all this Nash trade circus is just some Sather slight-of-hand, and he'll eventually land Ryan to everyone's delight and surprise? I certainly hope so.
Speculation but their demand of Stepan and refusal to include Dubinsky would probably be a non starter. Who knows who else they're asking for. I get if other guys are willing to start there, it's not outrageous. But Sather has Stepan as untouchable and the cap necessitates the inclusion of Dubinsky.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I'm pretty sure that Sather's absolute best offer for Nash that doesn't include Kreider, McD, or Steps would fly in a trade for Ryan. imo. so i don't get it either.
I don't. I think Stepan has to be involved to get Ryan.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Svenhart2008

Rumblings that Parise is choosing between Wild and Pens

Old
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I've been saying this since the traded deadline. I still can't believe some of our fans are willingly giving up multiple top prospects and young players for Nash.
I'm not against giving up assets for Nash. I'm against giving up four assets for Nash. I'm not talking about draft picks. I mean two roster players and two prospects. That's ridiculous to me. If it was Dubinsky, Erixon/Miller and a 1st rounder, I'd be more receptive to it, but this is a pretty major risk to be considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Assets are assets, use them wisely to better your team..Its a tad disappointing, but this team is built to compete for a championship now and for the next few years. You can't hang your hopes on the development of prospects at this stage... IMO anyway
I don't think this team is as close to a championship as most do. I think we found the perfect storm this year. Relatively easy competition through the playoffs (which we still barely squeaked through) and a lot of other teams in the conference having major issues throughout the year.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Svenhart2008

Quote:
I don't. I think Stepan has to be involved to get Ryan.
You are 100% correct good sir.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:11 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
i am honestly amazed at the tears shed on this board over losing brandon prust and replacing him WITH A BETTER PLAYER in asham. i'm sorry but other than pking asham does everything else better.

this is THE LEAST OF OUR ISSUES

in the end prust got WAY overpaid and we replaced him with a much cheaper and solid veteran tough guy that can play.
It happens all the time. Oh no, we lost Ryan Hollweg. I can't believe it, they let Jed Ortmeyer go! The sky is falling. These heart and soul guys become fan favorites, but the reality is they are a dime a dozen and have a useful life of 2 or 3 years.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:11 AM
NYR Viper

I hope Zach goes to the Wild. I would like him a WHOLE lot more....

Old
07-02-2012, 10:12 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
That I could get behind. It is all about the prospects/players moving. If they want MDZ, they will not get Erixon or Miller. If they want Dubinsky, they can have Erixon, etc. Not looking to break the bank for a guy who didn't even have 60 points last year and makes 7.8 million/season.
I can pretty much echo these sentiments.

Honestly, I don't want to part with MDZ. For me, personally, I'd feel most comfortable giving up Erixon and Dubinsky. I wouldn't even lose my mind if they included Thomas.

I think Miller could be a very key part of the big picture, so I'd be very upset if we lost him, also.

Like you said, we have to watch what we hand over for a dude who didn't score 60 points and makes 7.8mm smackers.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Svenhart2008

Quote:
I hope Zach goes to the Wild. I would like him a WHOLE lot more....
At this point i am leaning heavily towards wild...

Old
07-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm not against giving up assets for Nash. I'm against giving up four assets for Nash. I'm not talking about draft picks. I mean two roster players and two prospects. That's ridiculous to me. If it was Dubinsky, Erixon/Miller and a 1st rounder, I'd be more receptive to it, but this is a pretty major risk to be considering.
I am holding out hope it doesn't cost 4 assets. I think three is plenty and could stomach it.

Quote:
I don't think this team is as close to a championship as most do. I think we found the perfect storm this year. Relatively easy competition through the playoffs (which we still barely squeaked through) and a lot of other teams in the conference having major issues throughout the year.
I agree completely with this blasphemous line of thought.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Can someone please list out the pros and cons of signing Parise and trading for Nash because to me, it seems signing Parise and using those assets elsewhere that would have been traded for Nash would make A LOT more sense......
Parise said he doesnt want to come here....so that whole scenario doesnt exist.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I think Parise re-ups with NJ with the Pens a close 2nd.

I also think Suter goes to Minny.

Old
Svenhart2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
I think Parise re-ups with NJ with the Pens a close 2nd.

I also think Suter goes to Minny.
Parise = Wild

Suter = Red Wings

Old
Rangers2319

vCash: 1039
marty stays 2yr deal

Old
07-02-2012, 10:20 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Two more years of Marty chants are OK in my book

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
Its like they want all their woes cured with one trade. Its so unrealistic.

I understand, they don't want to lose him for nothing, but the demands are insane.
I agree with the sentiment, but I think Rangers fans are getting on the fringes now when it comes to homerism in this situation.

Would you be happy trading your franchise player when Brandon Dubinsky is the most established roster piece coming back?

Old
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

It just surprises me that so many Rangers fans don't get that Praise doesn't like the Rangers and never has.

It goes back to his father and continues to this day.

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

@tpanotchCSN: from what I have been told: if it's strictly $$, Flyers get both Parise/Suter based on offers.

Hopefully it's not all about money.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:21 AM
RichieCallyGabby

Quote:
I partially agree, BUT..I honestly do believe that the debs would have lost to OTT or the craps, those teams have crazy fire power that pushed us to seven games each. all of this caused us to simply run out of gas in the ECF,. We only need minor tweaks, not trading everyone for Ryan and Nash, I have now realized this..

Old
07-02-2012, 10:21 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

zzzZZZ

Old
07-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Svenhart2008

Quote:
@tpanotchCSN: from what I have been told: if it's strictly $$, Flyers get both Parise/Suter based on offers.

Hopefully it's not all about money.
Suter wants to stay in west. Parise will burn some bridges going to any Atlantic team. I think he'll go with the Wild

Old
07-02-2012, 10:22 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers shouldn't give up a #1 pick in a Nash deal. There will probably be a lockout in 12-13. Shortened season. The Rangers could be the 6th seed and get knocked out before the conference finals. 2013 is supposed to be a very good draft. The Rangers believe it will be a very good draft considering they added 2 extra 3rd round picks.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
And thats why I said "varying degrees" of question marks. I'd appreciate it if you didnt put words in my mouth.

Del Zotto is the closest to a sure thing, but theres some question marks with him as far as Im concerned - specifically regarding his mental toughness. 2 times in 3 seasons his game has fallen off a cliff as soon as the going got a little tough for him.
fallen off a cliff? he was fine in the first series. 2 points in 7 games, even rating. The 2nd series he was great, 6 points in 7 games, even or plus in every game..against NJ he was decent the first 4 games, 2 assists, minus 2....then he had a death in the family, and the next 2 games he was a -4. I recall what I was like when my grandmother passed away....i wouldnt have been able to play any sport.

he game "fell off a cliff" due to a death in the family, prior to that game he was a plus for the playoffs, was an even or plus player in 16 of the 18 games he played, scored 10 points in the 18 games... hardly falling off a cliff.

Closed Thread