HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART III)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
People still view Nash as a superstar, when he hasn't approached that level in a very long time

Columbus isn't going to get a surefire 1st liner in return for him because trading a 1st liner for Nash is a lateral trade at best

Old
07-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Salvador can play the right side, but I agree the price will be silly
Ah. Didn't realize that. Rumors are the Islanders are offering up quite a bit of cash.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I can't believe this many teams are waiting on (2) players. Are you telling me every team thinks they are still in it with them? I would think that as teams get told they are no longer in the bidding they would move onto their other options quickly and we would be seeing other guys getting signed......
been a slow day for sure but it will blow up once Parise signs, then Semin will, then the Plan B's.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Svenhart2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I can't believe this many teams are waiting on (2) players. Are you telling me every team thinks they are still in it with them? I would think that as teams get told they are no longer in the bidding they would move onto their other options quickly and we would be seeing other guys getting signed......
The teams are not doing the waiting, players are, they are waiting for prices to be set by the big FA's.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:51 AM
CH2

Unless we're adding a bonafide top-4 defenseman, I'd rather not sign another.

McD, Girardi, Staal, DZ, Sauer, Erixon, Bickel, McIlrath are a solid group.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenhart2008 View Post
The teams are not doing the waiting, players are, they are waiting for prices to be set by the big FA's.
Nah, all the bigger names avg around a 7 mil per cap hit +/- a few $.. 4th liners in today's market 1-2 mil per..It's not rocket science to place a value on someone according to stats, gp, etc.. from there.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:52 AM
pwoz

What kind of $/terms is Suter looking for?

Old
07-02-2012, 11:53 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Unless we're adding a bonafide top-4 defenseman, I'd rather not sign another.

McD, Girardi, Staal, DZ, Sauer, Erixon, Bickel, McIlrath are a solid group.
I actually think Erixon is going to shock a lot of people with his offensive abilities.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
What kind of $/terms is Suter looking for?
A lot of money for a long time

Old
07-02-2012, 11:58 AM
nsvoyageurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers shouldn't give up a #1 pick in a Nash deal. There will probably be a lockout in 12-13. Shortened season. The Rangers could be the 6th seed and get knocked out before the conference finals. 2013 is supposed to be a very good draft. The Rangers believe it will be a very good draft considering they added 2 extra 3rd round picks.
I agree 100%. If it takes 2 players and 2 prospects (or 1 prospect and a middling draft pick to get Nash, there had better be something else coming back with him.

Anisimov, MDZ, maybe one of the 2013 3rd round picks and Thomas is all I'd give up. Your taking on his big contract, he doesn't want to be there. If something isn't done soon things could get ugly between Nash and CBJ, best to try to avoid that.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:00 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
A lot of money for a long time
Sold!

Old
07-02-2012, 12:01 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
I agree 100%. If it takes 2 players and 2 prospects (or 1 prospect and a middling draft pick to get Nash, there had better be something else coming back with him.

Dubinsky, MDZ, maybe one of the 2013 3rd round picks and Thomas is all I'd give up. Your taking on his big contract, he doesn't want to be there. If something isn't done soon things could get ugly between Nash and CBJ, best to try to avoid that.
Dubinsky and MDZ is my MAX (in terms of NHL players currently playing) going back for NASH ... for Ryan, I would add in AA. But that's it. Anything more is over payment.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:02 PM
broadwayblue

I think you are delirious if you honestly believe we don't part with a 1st round pick in ANY deal for Nash. Sather has put a number of our players/prospects in the untouchable column...meaning we should expect that as a matter of fact they'll get a 1st rounder as part of the package. Heck, they may end up getting 2 1st rounders if that untouchable list grows much larger. lol

Old
07-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Svenhart2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
I actually think Erixon is going to shock a lot of people with his offensive abilities.
I agree 100%

Old
07-02-2012, 12:03 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I think you are delirious if you honestly believe we don't part with a 1st round pick in ANY deal for Nash. Sather has put a number of our players/prospects in the untouchable column...meaning we should expect that as a matter of fact they'll get a 1st rounder. Heck, they may end up getting 2 1st rounders if that untouchable list grows much larger. lol
They DEFINITELY will get a first rounder, maybe 2 plus some prospects. The real key is what NHL talent will they get ... I say 2 players MAX, anything more is overpayment, In fact with his contract I would say ONE is fair.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Yeah, but Staal was a beast in the playoffs and Zach had a blah run.
Leading all playoff scorers in goals is a blah run?

Trying to predict where the Rangers fit into the east on July 2nd isn't worth the time. Too many move still remain to be made. Even so, there's already teams that have improved themselves like TB and CAR...and teams like WAS are looking at having Backstrom and Green play more than 74 games combined...and PIT is no doubt looking at Crosby playing more than 22 games and Letang not missing 31.

PHI will do something big. They always do. And the Devils will replace at least part of Parise's production if he goes elsewhere.

We'll see how things look a few weeks from now.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
Volchenkov? Why would the Devils do that?
Because he sucks now and makes too much money?

Old
07-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
It's fringe worthy because we don't have to make the trade. We can debate the issue of the Rangers absolutely needing to add another elite scorer, but it doesn't have to be Nash.

No one has gotten better yet, especially in the east. If Suter/Parise go west, NJ and Pitt got worse. Philly addressed their d with Schenn and don't have Carle re-signed yet, so they have the potential of getting much worse on D. Caps swap Ryder with Semin, net loss. Carolina got better, but no where near enough.

Start with Mueller and Salvador. Plugs some large holes, team effort to cover for Gaborik... I think it's a better roster than last year, enough to compete until January. We have a ton of assets, potential for an overflowing trade deadline.
I agree with you. Its too bad that wasnt even remotely what Im talking about.

Im wondering why I see so many people here bashing Howson when the Rangers hold nearly all the leverage and dont need to make a deal.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Chief

Quote:
I think you are delirious if you honestly believe we don't part with a 1st round pick in ANY deal for Nash. Sather has put a number of our players/prospects in the untouchable column...meaning we should expect that as a matter of fact they'll get a 1st rounder as part of the package. Heck, they may end up getting 2 1st rounders if that untouchable list grows much larger. lol
There's nothing delirious about it. It's all about leverage and what packages you're competing against from other teams. And Nash's no movement clause is huge.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:11 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
It happens all the time. Oh no, we lost Ryan Hollweg. I can't believe it, they let Jed Ortmeyer go! The sky is falling. These heart and soul guys become fan favorites, but the reality is they are a dime a dozen and have a useful life of 2 or 3 years.
Not that I don't agree with you in essence but your examples are really ****ed. Prust is a far more valuable player than Hollweg or Ortmeyer ever were or could hope to be. Essentially the Rangers offer to Prust of $1.8 mil per for 3 years was more than fair IMO--Truly I'd value him at $1.5 mil per. He thought he could do better going UFA--I did actually as well. I thought he might get his $2.2 mil per and he did even better. Put this way--I thought he would hit his target but I didn't think he was worth it.

Is Asham a better player? Not IMO. Asham is comparable though in several ways and he's a lot cheaper--though older. We did okay replacing him and I think Haley if the Rangers can turn his game up a notch might become a carbon copy of what Prust has done the past couple years. We'll see.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:12 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
There's nothing delirious about it. It's all about leverage and what packages you're competing against from other teams. And Nash's no movement clause is huge.
yeeeeeeeeep

Old
07-02-2012, 12:13 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
We could be competing against ZERO other teams and our package would still include a 1st rounder.

I guess we will agree to disagree. How about we make a bet? Since we're talking about a 1st round pick, what do you say $1 via paypal...if a 1st round pick is included you pay me...of not I send you $1.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Ah. Didn't realize that. Rumors are the Islanders are offering up quite a bit of cash.
I can believe it. Looking what Souray got and the price tag for Salvador, who unlike Souray is still a good player, is likely be quite high.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:16 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Not that I don't agree with you in essence but your examples are really ****ed. Prust is a far more valuable player than Hollweg or Ortmeyer ever were or could hope to be. Essentially the Rangers offer to Prust of $1.8 mil per for 3 years was more than fair IMO--Truly I'd value him at $1.5 mil per. He thought he could do better going UFA--I did actually as well. I thought he might get his $2.2 mil per and he did even better. Put this way--I thought he would hit his target but I didn't think he was worth it.

Is Asham a better player? Not IMO. Asham is comparable though in several ways and he's a lot cheaper--though older. We did okay replacing him and I think Haley if the Rangers can turn his game up a notch might become a carbon copy of what Prust has done the past couple years. We'll see.
True, Prust is a better player than the ones I used as examples. But at the end of the day he's still a 4th liner...who's now getting paid 2.5M/year for 4 years. That's just silly.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:17 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Leading all playoff scorers in goals is a blah run?

He was tied with like 7 other guys with a whopping 8 goals in 24 games. 3 of which I think were empty netters. That's a 24 goal pace for a full season. So it's not like he tore it up.

Closed Thread