HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Florida Panthers sign George Parros (2 year deal)

Old
07-02-2012, 05:48 AM
Knightmare

vCash: 500
There's a 7 min conference call with Parros, on his decision to sign with Florida on the Panthers website, which is worth a listen.

He mentioned he saw what Barch was able to do here (not simply being an enforcer, but actually getting to play some minutes) and sounded like he really wants to expand his role here, defensively. Also, I'm sure a big part of his role will be Huberdeau's bodyguard.

Parros seems like an awesome guy. I want to grow out my stache for games now.

Last edited by Knightmare: 07-02-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:01 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
There's a 7 min conference call with Parros, on his decision to sign with Florida on the Panthers website, which is worth a listen.

He mentioned he saw what Barch was able to do here (not just be an enforcer, but actually got to play) and sounded like he really wants to expand his role here defensively. Also, I'm sure a big part of his role will be Huberdeau's bodyguard.

Parros seems like an awesome guy. I want to grow out my stache for games now.
Excellent point.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
don't think we can count on him for the PP. He will improve our bottom lines +/- though.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the signing, and I don't think he'll do anything to help the team defensively.

If you look at some of the fancy stats, what you see is a player who is among the league's worst possession players. The Ducks gave up a ton more shots when Parros was on the ice, he was one of the most protected players in the league (he started more than 60% of his shifts in the offensive zone, and ended more than half of them in the defensive zone), and he played against some of the opposition's weakest players. He took twice as many penalties as he drew, and he managed all of that while playing only 6 minutes or so a night. The only thing that Parros is good for is racking up penalty minutes.

I'm not disparaging the person--he may be a wonderful human being who is "good with kids." If you want someone who is a liability to the team but will throw his hands, he's your guy. But don't expect him to make the team better in any other way.

Just my opinion.

07-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Holy Jokinen

Saw Bobby Ryan tweet a message to Parros about missing him, etc.. Maybe we get in the Ryan sweepstakes in the next year or so?

I can't even tell if i'm joking anymore....

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:53 AM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Saw Bobby Ryan tweet a message to Parros about missing him, etc.. Maybe we get in the Ryan sweepstakes in the next year or so?

I can't even tell if i'm joking anymore....
Don't be surprised if this may happen. Bobby & George are really good friends, I think your signing George puts you in the Bobby sweepstakes for sure.

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 01:06 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
Don't be surprised if this may happen. Bobby & George are really good friends, I think your signing George puts you in the Bobby sweepstakes for sure.
I sure hope you're right on that! It just makes me a bit nervous on what we'd have to give up. Sources say to start, the Ducks would need a 2nd line Center. That would probably mean bye bye Weiss.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 12:29 AM
ninetynine*

If I lived in South Florida I'd buy Panthers tickets now, that's how much I love this move.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
If I lived in South Florida I'd buy Panthers tickets now, that's how much I love this move.
How many games do you think he'll play? Will he be a regular?

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:00 AM
gizmo12688

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
Yeah he'll mostly be on our 4th. Maybe a scratch here and there depending on how he plays.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 02:24 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Love the ref saying George. Interested to see if Dineen lets him see a decent chunk of ice time and what he'll do with it. I loved what Barch did here in that very little time. His hockey game wasn't a problem at all despite being the 'tough guy'. Hopefully Stache can do the same.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 01:08 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
He's a lot like Rupp, except he's a better fighter and will fight much more often and anyone. His speed is terrible but he's very responsible defensively anyway. He should be a regular 12th forward and play every game, and instantly makes this a very tough team. Remember MacIntyre? I'd have liked him too but you get more with Parros for A decent price and he'll fight Mac anyway. A less skilled enforcer would be fine too but Parros is even better in that he can play every game.

Old
08-11-2012, 08:01 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
is that Mike Weaver?

PanthersAllDay1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:30 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersAllDay1225 View Post
is that Mike Weaver?
Barret Jackman

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
Oh no, didn't Ryan say Dineen was his favorite coach to play under, too? This just adds more fuel to the fire.

Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:32 AM
FrolikFan67

love the parros signing! wont produce much but a great guy to have around.

Last edited by FrolikFan67: 08-12-2012 at 07:40 AM.
FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 07:38 AM
FrolikFan67

with the speculation that ryan may be traded, ive been dying for us to trade for him. ducks are my 2nd favorite team and hes my favorite player on the team. if they want to start w/ a 2nd line center then someone like weiss/bjugstad (i know he has no nhl experience and hes playing in college this season) may have to go the other way. i think weiss/bjugstad/kulikov + bergenheim (bergy, selanne, and koivu, the all finish line, 2 of which would be from helsinki, and they need LWers), or something around that. ryan/huberdeau/fleischmann/versteeg as the top 4 wingers...my goodness haha. would really hurt to lose weiss tho.

and i think parros will mostly play on the 4th, may get a scratch here and there and have skille fill in. and a bodyguard for the younger players like hubderdeau. love how we got him, he'll be an instant fan favorite.

Old
08-12-2012, 12:07 PM
harv3317

no way i do that trade. way too much going the other way opens too many holes. we lose that trade!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 08:36 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
with the speculation that ryan may be traded, ive been dying for us to trade for him. ducks are my 2nd favorite team and hes my favorite player on the team. if they want to start w/ a 2nd line center then someone like weiss/bjugstad (i know he has no nhl experience and hes playing in college this season) may have to go the other way. i think weiss/bjugstad/kulikov + bergenheim (bergy, selanne, and koivu, the all finish line, 2 of which would be from helsinki, and they need LWers), or something around that. ryan/huberdeau/fleischmann/versteeg as the top 4 wingers...my goodness haha. would really hurt to lose weiss tho.

and i think parros will mostly play on the 4th, may get a scratch here and there and have skille fill in. and a bodyguard for the younger players like hubderdeau. love how we got him, he'll be an instant fan favorite.
Ducks would definitely require Bjugstad as the deal breaker [and a few other pieces], there might be a way to not put Weiss in it though, and if that's the case, then it might not be too bad to pull the trigger.

Old
08-13-2012, 08:38 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
no way i do that trade. way too much going the other way opens too many holes. we lose that trade!!!
Then Ryan won't be traded here, simple as that. I don't think I'd pull the trigger either unless we're really in trouble, but there's no way Ryan's going for less than Bjudstad and draft picks.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:15 PM
FrolikFan67

btw the slashes meant "or", not "and". no way we'd do bjugstad and weiss. it'd be one of them and then add from there, probably bergenheim since they look weak at lw.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:30 PM
MillerTime2181

Anyone know if Parros is playing anywhere during the lockout? Def. my fav. enforcer good signing by the Panthers will be a good addition to the team.

MillerTime2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
Anyone know if Parros is playing anywhere during the lockout? Def. my fav. enforcer good signing by the Panthers will be a good addition to the team.
Parros has been on the negotiating committee for the union since the start of the lockout so I doubt he was gonna play overseas anyway. Just an FYI.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 11:30 AM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Just saw that Parros was one of the players at the meeting with the owners yesterday. Thought that was interesting. If I wouldve guessed at a Panther being there I wouldve gone with Soupy.

How sad is this lockout. I love hockey, but feel totally disconnected from it at this point. Im disappointed in both sides. Reinforces in my mind that the NHL is a second rate organization. Too bad because it could be so much more.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 06:18 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
Just saw that Parros was one of the players at the meeting with the owners yesterday. Thought that was interesting. If I wouldve guessed at a Panther being there I wouldve gone with Soupy.

How sad is this lockout. I love hockey, but feel totally disconnected from it at this point. Im disappointed in both sides. Reinforces in my mind that the NHL is a second rate organization. Too bad because it could be so much more.
Parros has been one of the main NHLPA reps from the start. Weaver is our official team union rep.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:40 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Started following him on twitter after we picked him up and I have to say that I'm really excited to have Mr. Parros on our team. He's smart and an pretty entertaining.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote