HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Free Agent Signing frenzy

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Everything Kane lacks Parise brings. Toews can carry a line better than anyone on this team and because of his elite defensive prowess we should keep Sharp on his LW. Kane centering a line with Parise and perhaps Hossa brings everything in the line to an elite level, playmaking, forecheck, net presence, defensive play, puck possession, etc. It's better than having a scrub as your 2C and your top 3 on one line.
IMO, I'd move Sharp back to center...

Parise-Toews-Hossa
Saad/Stalberg-Sharp-Kane

Old
07-02-2012, 01:19 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central PA Hawk Fan View Post

Parise-Toews-Hossa
Saad/Stalberg-Sharp-Kane
Except Sharp didn't play there last year despite the obvious need. Seems either he is unwilling or the coaches don't want it.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:20 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central PA Hawk Fan View Post

Parise-Toews-Hossa
Saad/Stalberg-Sharp-Kane
Yeah, but if last year is any indication someone seems to be preventing that from happening.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I don't know that it's possible to sign Parise and keep Kane. It just might not be possible with the cap.

At any rate - I don't want to get ahead of myself here. I still doubt he comes here.
Trade Hammer and Frolik = Comfortably fit him

Bolland/Craw , etc are FA's when it is time to reup Toews/Kane so longerm it doesn't hurt us

Hawks would be going into year with same caliber G/D as we had in playoffs though

Parise-Toews-Kane
Stalberg-Sharp-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Kruger-Mayers
(Bollig)

Keith-Seabrook
Leddy-Oduya
Brookbank-Montador
(?)

Crawford
Emery

Top 6 =
2nd pairing =
Goaltending =

Would be great to see Parise-Toews-Kane line though

Old
07-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Except Sharp didn't play there last year despite the obvious need. Seems either he is unwilling or the coaches don't want it.
Yeah, I know, that's why I had "IMO" in there.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Bolland/Craw , etc are FA's when it is time to reup Toews/Kane so longerm it doesn't hurt us

Hawks would be going into year with same caliber G/D as we had in playoffs though

Parise-Toews-Kane
Stalberg-Sharp-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Kruger-Mayers
(Bollig)

Keith-Seabrook
Leddy-Oduya
Brookbank-Montador
(?)

Crawford
Emery

Top 6 =
2nd pairing =
Goaltending =

Thats great, but you just built the worst 2nd pairing in the NHL...this team doesn't win the cup with that 2nd pair. They might not even win one round. They may win the president's trophy though.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:23 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't know that it's possible to sign Parise and keep Kane. It just might not be possible with the cap.

At any rate - I don't want to get ahead of myself here. I still doubt he comes here.
You can, you have to sacrifice elsewhere, but you certainly can. Like I said earlier, it's pointless to bring in Parise, only to move Kane. The prospect pool is loaded, so you just may have to use Beach, Saad, Morin, Pirri, etc earlier than expected to lower the cap.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
You can, you have to sacrifice elsewhere, but you certainly can. Like I said earlier, it's pointless to bring in Parise, only to move Kane. The prospect pool is loaded, so you just may have to use Beach, Saad, Morin, Pirri, etc earlier than expected to lower the cap.
I don't think it's pointless. Parise is a far better player than Kane is. Now if you can do it without gutting our defense as BWC's roster did, then great.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:26 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
And if he gets hurt?
he gets hurt...

its still a no lose situation, because we know we wont upgrade at #2 center this year, it just isnt in the cards. we are likely starting out with Kruger as the #2 center, so if the Hawks take a shot on Mueller and he gets hurt, at least it gave Kruger top line minutes in the AHL to hopefully help him evolve his game....

and if not, then you just go with Sharp at #2 center and be done with it...

sometimes you strike out when you swing for the fences, but if you do land that homerun, you look like a freaken genius...Mueller is that good of an offensive player to take a risk at knowing Kruger is our likely #2 center....

if the Hawks dont land Parise or Suter, then I could see moving Hammer for a Dubinsky or something like that...but thats another thread completely...

Old
07-02-2012, 01:30 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Thats great, but you just built the worst 2nd pairing in the NHL...this team doesn't win the cup with that 2nd pair. They might not even win one round. They may win the president's trophy though.
still dont know why you pair up Keith and Seabrook...

if Hammer gets moved and we dont get another top 4 dman back, there is no way Keith and Seabrook get paired up for most of the games.

Keith - Leddy
Seabrook - Oduya
Montador - Brookbank
Olsen/Lavin

assuming we moved Hammer out for a possible #2 center...plus there are still some decent options available at defense, though people dont like him but Matt Carle is a guy that could be a target if the Hawks strike out with Suter/Parise...

Carle eats up 25 minutes a night, plays a nice two way game, takes more heat then he should because he shouldnt be logging 25 minutes a night, and would look great paired up with either Seabs or Keith....I wouldnt mind throwing $4.5 mil for 4-5 years at him knowing what we offered for Oduya, and Carle is 5 times the better dman then Oduya...

...though I think Carle gets mad money once Suter signs, he is just waiting for Suter to sign, then his value rockets up to probably over $5 mil per year....so not gonna happen on our end likely...

Old
07-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaronIndian View Post
How reliable is Strickland?
Not sure why someone said otherwise but Strickland is about as reliable as they get.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:32 PM
MagicSlap*

Ugh, Matt Carle sucks

The thought of Kruger as our 2C again makes me want to vomit

As great as Parise is and would fit I just don't see the need.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:32 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Not sure why someone said otherwise but Strickland is about as reliable as they get.
I agree...

when I see Strickland, I have much more faith in it then JJ or Eklund

Old
07-02-2012, 01:34 PM
who_me?

Quote:
I don't think it's pointless. Parise is a far better player than Kane is. Now if you can do it without gutting our defense as BWC's roster did, then great.
right, because in the biggest playoff series of his career, Parise outperformed Kane in his biggest series of his playoff career?

Old
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I agree...

when I see Strickland, I have much more faith in it then JJ or Eklund
Yet if this happens, *gasp*, Eklund broke it.

Old
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
If we bring in Parise and trade Kane, we're possibly even worse off C wise if depending on what the trade brings in, and you also just picked up a higher cap hit than what you got rid of. The improvement from Parise to Kane doesn't make this team a legit Cup contender.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:35 PM
ndgt10

Looks like the Hawks and Parise smoke us dying down.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:35 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Ugh, Matt Carle sucks

The thought of Kruger as our 2C again makes me want to vomit

As great as Parise is and would fit I just don't see the need.
explain why he sucks?

I already said he played way more icetime then he should have....

but he is a 40 point producer, a plus player, he makes mistakes but it gets taken way overboard on HF...the guy is pretty solid in his own end, this guy doesnt suck at all. he practically saved the Flyers blueline this year when Pronger went down.

He shouldnt be playing 25 minutes plus a night, but the guy would make every teams top 4 in this league, he is much better then you give him credit for....

Old
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
If we bring in Parise and trade Kane, we're possibly even worse off C wise if depending on what the trade brings in, and you also just picked up a higher cap hit than what you got rid of. The improvement from Parise to Kane doesn't make this team a legit Cup contender.
Nah Q just needs to pull his head out of you know where and put Bolland @ #2 center, then let the chips fall for 3rd center (Kruger, McNeill, whatever...).

Old
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Don't tell that to the HockeyBuzz guys, a Parise signing is Kane's ticket out of town ...hell, JJ's practically drooling over the thought.

It'd be possible to sign them all long term but at some point I'd imagine either Hossa or Sharp would have to be moved to create some future cap space.

Old
Sevanston

Quote:
The coaches had Dustin Byfuglien spend almost his entire career in Chicago playing a position he didn't want to play, so I don't see why they'd have a problem making Sharp do it to fill such an apparently large hole. Especially given Sharpie's proven success there.

Old
who_me?

Parise is using the Hawks like Brodeur used the Hawks.

I'm pretty sure that's what the phone calls between Brodeur and Parise were about.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:38 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
Don't tell that to the HockeyBuzz guys, a Parise signing is Kane's ticket out of town ...hell, JJ's practically drooling over the thought.

It'd be possible to sign them all long term but at some point I'd imagine either Hossa or Sharp would have to be moved to create some future cap space.
it would likely be Hossa who I seriously doubt can play more then 3-4 more years anyway...

Hossa seems to be the guy that would retire or go play overseas if his body cant take the beating anymore....though I would rather trade him or retire then him go overseas and still eat his cap...

Old
07-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Yet if this happens, *gasp*, Eklund broke it.
Hahaha. Lucky for us, Eklund wasn't the first one to say the Hawks had serious interest and were pursuing Suter and Parise. So there's still a chance it happens!

Old
07-02-2012, 01:39 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_me? View Post
Parise is using the Hawks like Brodeur used the Hawks.
For what purpose, money? You'd think if that's the only reason, and NJ could actually match what Chicago or Detroit or Pittsburgh could offer, he would have never gotten a chance to be a UFA.

Brodeur wanted an extra year. He got it. I don't see the gain Parise gets from going onto the market.. but, in saying that, I'm not going to be surprised if he goes back to NJ in the end.

Closed Thread