HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ Buffalo 04/12/06

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2006, 04:28 PM
SergeiKost99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I dont know how it is in Syria, I do know how it is around Lybia. You insult someone, you die, simple as that. You eat a piece of bread on the street and you have three people mocking you. Indians, blacks, asians are all excluded from society. Same for people with less "prestigious" jobs like garbage people or less intelligent people. The "democracy" of Lybia is basically a man standing on a stump with a bunch of people fighting him for it. When there was tensions with the jews, you had older people showing the minors and younger people where they lived, guess why? Nothing said out in the open, just implied speach. Then you had people blown up on stands when they become leaders, then you have barbaric violence in Algeria, constant killing in Lebanon and lets not get into Iraq. The generalization is present without a doubt, its completly different from one arab country to another never mind the mediterrenean arabs and the asian arabs. Hell, a few Arabs I dont even know what language they speak. I dont know Syria, never been there, I know Iraqis as a culture are quite a bit more serious, hot tempered and violent then anything you see around here, same with the meditarrenean countries. I dont know why its ok to say Quebecers are more "chaleureux" then the rest of Canada because of their Latin blood while its not okay to say the fact I'm meditarrenean is why I have a hot temper, it runs in the family, in the village(s) and in the region(s).
yea i understand what you are saying, there is some of that in syria too. If you say something bad about the government or critisize him you go directly to jail and may be killed. But its like im saying those are the bad people, there are some nice people but the majority is probably bad. In syria and probably libia, people dont like you if you are different. WHen i was there i wore shorts since it is incredibly hot there and the people there look at you like you have 2 heads since not a lot of people wear shorts. It is especially wrong for a girl to wear shorts too. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact syrias population is 90% muslim and they wear all black and hardly show any skin(no offence).But there was also very nice people i talked to and they were very generous.its just that the population is so big and its not democracy is why some people are usually pissed off and they cant do anything about it or they die.when i was swimming in the meditarrenean sea, i seen a lady in the water with all her clothes on and all black.And when i was there i went to lebanon, which is much nicer than syria as they call it the europe of the arab countries. They didnt care if you wore shorts or did anything.

so i still think it depends on the people....its funny how off topic this thread became lol

Old
04-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFanFromPEI
yea i understand what you are saying, there is some of that in syria too. If you say something bad about the government or critisize him you go directly to jail and may be killed. But its like im saying those are the bad people, there are some nice people but the majority is probably bad. In syria and probably libia, people dont like you if you are different. WHen i was there i wore shorts since it is incredibly hot there and the people there look at you like you have 2 heads since not a lot of people wear shorts. It is especially wrong for a girl to wear shorts too. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact syrias population is 90% muslim and they wear all black and hardly show any skin(no offence).But there was also very nice people i talked to and they were very generous.its just that the population is so big and its not democracy is why some people are usually pissed off and they cant do anything about it or they die.when i was swimming in the meditarrenean sea, i seen a lady in the water with all her clothes on and all black.And when i was there i went to lebanon, which is much nicer than syria as they call it the europe of the arab countries. They didnt care if you wore shorts or did anything.

so i still think it depends on the people....its funny how off topic this thread became lol
yeah, I think you clearly get what I was trying to say, there are things non-arab people just cant understand IMO. Kind of like how they dont understand the Islam laws in Saoudi. So many people think they have tons of people with no hands. The fact of the matter is, its a preventive law, during mass prayof, even jewelry stores dont lock their doors and they dont get stolent. Here, you put your bycicle 5 seconds on the street and you lose it. I find its hard to really write I want to say and be clear on that subject. What I really wanted to say was pretty simple, I think meditarenean people are "generally" more prone to being hot heads, hence why I'm a hot head.

Old
04-14-2006, 05:54 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
This is the new, top-secret political discussion thread.

Old
04-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Aww, quit defending the broads, they got their own lobby group. Tough guy when no one in the house can read this, aren't I ?

Funny, ehh, attitudes towards violence. I get where Habsaku is coming from, though I like to draw the line a little differently. Intellectually I like to think I'm a pacifist, but emotionnally, I'm a lot different. Last night with Simpson/Lacouture I was wondering what the point was, while, yeah, I was fist pumping when Kovy hit Tucker.

My friend who has the control problems at his kid's hockey games is well aware that he's being an a hole when he reacts, doesn't like that side of himself, but a switch goes off and there he goes.
OK, i'm done defending the broads. They're on their own.....and will do very nicely.

I'm fist pumping along with you at the Kovalev plastering of Tucker. But you see this fits my global scheme of justice. I like righteous indignation and behaviour triggered by real passion. Scripted fighting.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I feel bad for your friend. Maybe 5 to 10 mg valium prior to the games.

Old
04-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji
This is the new, top-secret political discussion thread.
Shhhh, only a few thousand of us know about it.

Old
04-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
I applaud your willingness to submit to the "rules"

I do however think that your true feelings show through when it comes down to the nitty gritty.

Cap
Cap, I just don't want to be disowned and celebet. These are tough "women" and they aren't kidding.

Old
04-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
Yup

I would consider myself much like yourself, although I don't have kids yet. But I can understand your philosophy on parenting that way

Cap
Well, if you're anything like me you're going to be blown away by what an indescribably cool experience it is to be a parent. Get on with it eh!

Closed Thread