HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price Thread 2.0 (All Re-Sign discussion here)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 12:21 PM
the

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
That team was terrible. Every single game from basically January 1st on was pathetic.

If you seriously think Price was any part of that teams failings you should take up a new sport to follow.
I admitted that the team wasn't playing great but Price had a sv% over 0.920 during the first half of the season and he ended the season with sv% of 0.905. You are going to convince me that Price had nothing to do with the teams downfall? How did Halak ended the season with sv% of 0.915 on the same crappy team?

Price deserved all the credits in the world when he was leading this team to victory during the first part of the season but he also deserved the critics when he couldn't win no more and the backup had to get the job done instead.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:27 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
I admitted that the team wasn't playing great but Price had a sv% over 0.920 during the first half of the season and he ended the season with sv% of 0.905. You are going to convince me that Price had nothing to do with the teams downfall? How did Halak ended the season with sv% of 0.915 on the same crappy team.

Price deserved all the credits in the world when he was leading this team to victory during the first part of the season but he also deserved the critics when he couldn't win no more and the backup had to get the job done instead.
Price was coming back from an injury, it's reasonable to think he would take some time to get back into his groove.

As for Halak, IIRC he was a year further along in his development and proved the next year that he had the chops to be a legit starter in the league, and he proved that season that he was hardly just a back up to our future number 1.

From January 4th on that season Halak played in 22 games and in 11 of them he faced 35 shots or more.

The team sucked.

I don't really care to view the actual games played and compare which goalie played more against quality teams, but I bet if anyone did they'd see that Price saw the majority of the games against the better teams.

I don't really care to argue something that happened 3 years ago though. If you don't think the team was brutal during that stretch then good on you.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
hockeyfan2k11

"left him out to dry".

You'd think Price was the only goalie that experienced this. Price threads are full of fanboys blaming everyone but him and then you have his detractors blaming him for everything.

These conversations are just a waste of time.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:44 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
"left him out to dry".

You'd think Price was the only goalie that experienced this. Price threads are full of fanboys blaming everyone but him and then you have his detractors blaming him for everything.

These conversations are just a waste of time.
As long as you continue to provide endless laughter in these conversations they're the furthest thing from a waste of time.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:55 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
As long as you continue to provide endless laughter in these conversations they're the furthest thing from a waste of time.
Guess which group you belong to.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:01 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Guess which group you belong to.
The group of people who has spent the last week or so anxiously awaiting your next laughable post about Price?

Glad to be apart of that group.

Hopefully you don't let us down, it's gonan be a long boring Summer and we need entertainment.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:05 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
The group of people who has spent the last week or so anxiously awaiting your next laughable post about Price?

Glad to be apart of that group.

Hopefully you don't let us down, it's gonan be a long boring Summer and we need entertainment.
Not as laughable as you saying Price was better than Quick.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:06 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Not as laughable as you saying Price was better than Quick.
Aren't you one of the people who claims Price has no business getting more than Quick's 5.8 and has a blatant lack of understanding of the relevance of a player signing a 10 year deal to go along with the year he has left on his deal and how it doesn't relate at all to what our goalie is going to sign for?

And aren't you also THE person who claims that using a players salary versus the cap in terms of percentages doesn't make sense?

Like I said, so far you haven't disappointed at all. I doubt you can keep up the consistent laughs all Summer long but damnit I'm going to watch and hope you can!

I for one am rooting for you.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:13 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Aren't you one of the people who claims Price has no business getting more than Quick's 5.8 and has a blatant lack of understanding of the relevance of a player signing a 10 year deal to go along with the year he has left on his deal and how it doesn't relate at all to what our goalie is going to sign for?

And aren't you also THE person who claims that using a players salary versus the cap in terms of percentages doesn't make sense?

Like I said, so far you haven't disappointed at all. I doubt you can keep up the consistent laughs all Summer long but damnit I'm going to watch and hope you can!

I for one am rooting for you.
I said, Price should sign a cap friendly deal just like Quick did. But you, being a blind fanboy, can't seem to understand what that means. You want to give Price (unproven) the moon...because you're a Price fan first and a Habs fan 2nd.

As far as what I said about the cap. I said, you can't use cap percentage to determine fair value. Only a dunce would do this. Also, if the cap goes up 12%. That doesn't mean all salaries should go up 12%. It's very simple.

But lets get back to why you think Price is better than Quick. You won't find a single sane person who'll agree with you.

Closed Thread