HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency Frenzy -- 2012 Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 01:45 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

@Eklund. Sorry pal. Just talked to Dale Tallon and he says nothing has changed. Still talking with Van. Nothing imminent. High price.

lol at Dreger destroying Eklund rumors.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post

Also everyone on twitter is *****ing about the Parise/Suter sweepstakes taking too long. It really has been one day lol. If they don't want to wait, I am sure they wouldn't mind teams dropping out of the race. They will get paid no matter what. There's a reason GM's are not complaining about it taking time. Also it's a huge commitment and decision for these guys, give them some time to decide.
Good thing this isn't football or baseball.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Good thing this isn't football or baseball.
I think it will eventually head that way. The top FA's aren't signing on July 1 any more.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:59 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

So Brodeur is trying to convince Parise to stay and has been in contact with him on the phone. I mean I don't think Brodeur telling Parise he's gonna play until he's 50 will convince Zac....

Old
07-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

@Eklund. Sorry pal. Just talked to Dale Tallon and he says nothing has changed. Still talking with Van. Nothing imminent. High price.

lol at Dreger destroying Eklund rumors.
It's about time someone called him out. Pathetic liar that he is

Old
07-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Psuhockey

I think someone might have said it before, but I wonder how much Donald Fehr and the union is pushing Suter and Parise to take the largest deal. Baseballs union has often in the past pushed free agents to take the biggest deal for he benefit of the entire union. With entire new union leadership and a new cba on the horizon, if this is the case adding pressure to these guys to go somewhere they might not want to go (at least their first choice).

Old
07-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I think someone might have said it before, but I wonder how much Donald Fehr and the union is pushing Suter and Parise to take the largest deal. Baseballs union has often in the past pushed free agents to take the biggest deal for he benefit of the entire union. With entire new union leadership and a new cba on the horizon, if this is the case adding pressure to these guys to go somewhere they might not want to go (at least their first choice).
I think this is the case. I also think he has probably encouraged them to drag it out in hopes someone will get impatient and increase their offer.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
You're perpetuating garbage peddled by management.

Seriously, though. I have significant doubts about the veracy of the claims re: baseball--though, as you suggest, it has been brought up before.

In that case, though, there's no salary cap, so there's a natural incentive for all players to push up the contract of any individual. In a cap league, that incentive does not exist: 57 percent of revenues are going to players' salaries--its distribution is not the same kind of concern for the NHLPA.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Viller

Quote:
Thats where the agent comes in and tries to get the first choice to match the bigger deals.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Eklund being torn a new one by everyone.

"i'm not going to de-bunk a TSN writer" or something of the sorts. As if he has any authority or ability to do so. What a clown.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Eklund being torn a new one by everyone.

"i'm not going to de-bunk a TSN writer" or something of the sorts. As if he has any authority or ability to do so. What a clown.
Eklunds laughing all the way to the bank.

Every time Dreger mentions him, he probably gets a hundred more web hits.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Eklunds laughing all the way to the bank.

Every time Dreger mentions him, he probably gets a hundred more web hits.
Normally I would agree. But he is getting publically humiliated by an official beat writer, and all of his rumours are being shown to be made up.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Normally I would agree. But he is getting publically humiliated by an official beat writer, and all of his rumours are being shown to be made up.
Eklund doesn't peddle credibility; he peddles hope, and it works.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:26 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
But Ek by his own admission is different. He hears things from a source and reports it. Who knows if that's the waterboy or if its even true information. I'm sure teams use ek to spread lies from time to time.

All ek "reports" on is "buzz". And yes, he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:27 PM
healthyscratch

Well apparently his E4 with Chicago and Parise was true, Spector's now claiming the BH's are in the sweepstakes as well.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I do find it funny when people try to rationalise his rumours.

They are quite clearly made up. There is no doubt about it. Sure he hits a home-run from time to time, but someone did the maths on it and you have a better chance of randomly guessing that he does of reporting trades. While he might actually report "real rumours" from time to time, 90% of them involve the biggest teams with the largest fan bases.

How many times have we been told a player is going to Philly or Toronto.

He stole a trade rumour directly from me once. When I was talking about the flyers looking at Jaybo and what they would have to give up. Needless to say, the next day he reported that the flyers were in talks with the flames, and they were offering the exact same things. He also steals rumours directly from other beat writers and passes them off as his own, he was caught doing so.

He's not very intelligent, but he peddles rumours and people lap it up. It's incredible. How people can jusitfy paying for his stuff is crazy.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Viller

Quote:
I do find it funny when people try to rationalise his rumours.

They are quite clearly made up. There is no doubt about it. Sure he hits a home-run from time to time, but someone did the maths on it and you have a better chance of randomly guessing that he does of reporting trades. While he might actually report "real rumours" from time to time, 90% of them involve the biggest teams with the largest fan bases.

How many times have we been told a player is going to Philly or Toronto.

He stole a trade rumour directly from me once. When I was talking about the flyers looking at Jaybo and what they would have to give up. Needless to say, the next day he reported that the flyers were in talks with the flames, and they were offering the exact same things. He also steals rumours directly from other beat writers and passes them off as his own, he was caught doing so.

He's not very intelligent, but he peddles rumours and people lap it up. It's incredible. How people can jusitfy paying for his stuff is crazy.
Alot of times he has a player going to like 10-12 teams...

Old
07-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Well apparently his E4 with Chicago and Parise was true, Spector's now claiming the BH's are in the sweepstakes as well.
Russo (Min writter) , Strickland , 2 Hawks beat guys (Kuc and Rogers) are all saying this as well

I dont expect it to happen but if true the Hawks will be trying to outscore everyone and hope Crawford can play better this year

Parise-Toews-Kane
Stalberg/Saad-Sharp-Hossa

Pretty lethal top 6 if it happens (Though I hate Stalberg ,, Want him gone and Saad as 2nd line LW)

Old
07-02-2012, 02:39 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger

Jiri Hudler agrees to 4 year, $16 million contract with Calgary Flames. 4yrs x $4 mil.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:41 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Russo (Min writter) , Strickland , 2 Hawks beat guys (Kuc and Rogers) are all saying this as well

I dont expect it to happen but if true the Hawks will be trying to outscore everyone and hope Crawford can play better this year

Parise-Toews-Kane
Stalberg/Saad-Sharp-Hossa

Pretty lethal top 6 if it happens (Though I hate Stalberg ,, Want him gone and Saad as 2nd line LW)
That's a pretty sweet top line. Were the Hawks even mentioned before today? Are you guys shocked to hear you're involved?

Old
07-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Yes, but I can do this too.

Hearing Penguins may be talking to CLB about nash. Making a move should they strike out on Parise. e4

Old
07-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger

Jiri Hudler agrees to 4 year, $16 million contract with Calgary Flames. 4yrs x $4 mil.
Where's that poster who kept pushing us to make a run at Hudler?

He's gonna pitch a fit.

Interesting deal for the Flames--is Hudler a C or W? Might he be replacing Jokinen as Iginla's pivot?

Old
07-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Yes, but I can do this too.

Hearing Penguins may be talking to CLB about nash. Making a move should they strike out on Parise. e4
That's the easy part... making a living off what you just posted is why Eklund > You in the rumor industry lol.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:43 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennysflyers16 View Post
darren dreger‏@darrendreger

jiri hudler agrees to 4 year, $16 million contract with calgary flames. 4yrs x $4 mil.
nooooooooooooooooo!

Old
07-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Where's that poster who kept pushing us to make a run at Hudler?

He's gonna pitch a fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
nooooooooooooooooo!
There we go.

Closed Thread