HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

where does Leblanc fit in this puzzle ?

Old
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
In the AHL, playing top minutes on the first line in an offensive role. Let him rack up some experience down there, lead the Bulldogs in points and gain some confidence. He'll likely be the first call-up but until then, let him get the proper seasoning.
bingo...

I'm still not convinced that he doesn't have quality top-6 potential. He's been a top-6 player at every level he's played at, and with the best in the world in his age group, he showed the kind of versatility and skill to either play a strong checking line role OR complement elite skilled players very well.

Would not be surprised at all if he tears it up in Hamilton this year, and by next summer is the front runner to play on Plekanec's wing.

better he plays a solid chunk of games in the AHL as a "go-to" fwd, than stay with the big club and get shuffled btw 4th line/press box.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
See Pacioretty circa 2010 , playing tons of minutes in Hamilton !

People forget that Pacioretty was labeled a 3rd/4th line energy player before he was sent back to hamilton and show his true offensive potential.

I believe that Leblanc is in the same boat and people around here forget his offensive potential. He still has room to grow as a player !

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 05:17 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post

People forget that Pacioretty was labeled a 3rd/4th line energy player before he was sent back to hamilton and show his true offensive potential.

I believe that Leblanc is in the same boat and people around here forget his offensive potential. He still has room to grow as a player !
I'm glad to see so many people posting for a slow development for Leblanc. While I don't think he has as much upside as Patches, I want to give him the opportunity to develop all of his offensive capabilities in Hamilton.

Another full year there and he'll be ready to take on 3rd line centre responsibilities for a year then if he is showing some second line promise, we can go from there.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 05:17 PM
MXD

Hamilton, 1st call-up in case of an opening (injury...) in the Top-6. NOT BEING CALLED UP for bottom-line duties.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 05:55 PM
la25ecoupe

Hamilton:

Galchenyuk (C 1st line)
Leblanc (C 2nd line)

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 06:15 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Hamilton:

Galchenyuk (C 1st line)
Leblanc (C 2nd line)
Galchenyuk has to play in the O

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
best case Louis takes another year in AHL. he's still only 20-21. 10 points in 42 games last year isn't very good for a top 6 player. He needs time to get strong and develop. In two years he'll replace Gionta.
Which he wasn't, btw, playing just 11 mins/game. I dunno. He looked plenty NHL ready to me; certainly as ready as Eller looked two seasons ago at the same age. One more year in Hamilton probably wouldn't hurt, though.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
LeBlanc & Gallaghar will be given the chance if you listened to Montreal's English Presser. Jagr & Semin are not fits for Montreal at this Time.

MB said that in Plain simple English.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:40 PM
yoyo999

I know most of you in Montreal dont get a chance to see the Bulldogs often, but is anyone else not really excited about the potential of this team as far as AHL?
Leblanc, Palushaj, Blunden, Geoffrion all played in the NHL for most of the season so are used to playing tougher competition, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Gallagher, Bournival all on the rise and maybe Gomez will be down there. Should be a fun team to watch !

yoyo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:42 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
bingo...

I'm still not convinced that he doesn't have quality top-6 potential. He's been a top-6 player at every level he's played at, and with the best in the world in his age group, he showed the kind of versatility and skill to either play a strong checking line role OR complement elite skilled players very well.

Would not be surprised at all if he tears it up in Hamilton this year, and by next summer is the front runner to play on Plekanec's wing.

better he plays a solid chunk of games in the AHL as a "go-to" fwd, than stay with the big club and get shuffled btw 4th line/press box.
QFT, I use to a bit skeptical of Louis. After last year, I believe he'll be a top 6 player, but he needs more time to develop in the ahl chewing up lesser players.

LL will be a valuable asset in a year or two. I have little doubt.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Leblanc fits in Hamilton looking to dominate. But Bourque will have to step it up.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:48 PM
old scotia

I wonder where Gallagher fits on depth chart, personally I would put him ahead of Leblanc.
But agree with most, both need to earn their jersey in Hamilton and with new management probably will along with Beaulieu Tinordi and the kid from P.E.I.

old scotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by old scotia View Post
I wonder where Gallagher fits on depth chart, personally I would put him ahead of Leblanc.
But agree with most, both need to earn their jersey in Hamilton and with new management probably will along with Beaulieu Tinordi and the kid from P.E.I.
I say there's a good chance we see gallagher for a cup of coffee this year during the course of the season. Making the team full time is not something I see.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:41 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I say there's a good chance we see gallagher for a cup of coffee this year during the course of the season. Making the team full time is not something I see.
I hope Gallagher looks dominate again in pre-season.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:44 PM
TennisMenace

Who do you guys think is better? Louie or Gallagher?

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
we havent seen gallagher in an official nhl game yet,

so i'd say LL. for now.. at least.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
I like his upside but he is not an ideal bottom 6 on this team

unless some changes happen he will be stuck playing limited minutes with players with limited offensive abilities

no point going to the minors , something has to give to keep on this roster

thoughts?
He should be in hamilton getting 1st line minutes...at least for half a year if not a full year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:54 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I'd be shocked if Gallagher played more than the standard 2 or 3 preseason games this year.

If he does it means they didn't get enough depth and injuries ravaged the team.

And Gallagher is one 2 week 15 minute stretch of playing for the Habs in the NHL away from becoming by far my 2nd favourite hab in the entire world.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:57 PM
clownquestionbro*

if leblanc outplays whoever we slot in now to play the 2nd line winger role, we should give it to him. if he can't do it, go to hamilton to grow offensively. one day he'll replace gionta.

clownquestionbro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:59 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
if leblanc outplays whoever we slot in now to play the 2nd line winger role, we should give it to him. if he can't do it, go to hamilton to grow offensively. one day he'll replace gionta.
Who is Gallagher going to replace then?

I'm looking forward to seeing what Leblanc brings to the ice next season, with a full offseason to train and another big year in development I don't see how he's not an exciting player in this organization.

One of, what is slowly becoming a very long list of really exciting players.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:00 PM
clownquestionbro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Who is Gallagher going to replace then?

I'm looking forward to seeing what Leblanc brings to the ice next season, with a full offseason to train and another big year in development I don't see how he's not an exciting player in this organization.

One of, what is slowly becoming a very long list of really exciting players.
cole? players take a while to hit their prime. i don't know, but we have a lot of good young players in the system we just have to wait and see how their games develop. we can have 4 lines of guys that can put up points so it wouldn't matter who they replace, right?

clownquestionbro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:22 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
In the AHL.

Being NHL ready =/= being ripe and ready to fulfill your potential at the NHL level.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Leblanc. Without doubt or hesitation.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:48 AM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

I'd like to see Leblanc on a 3rd line with Eller and Bourque, with Moen-Plekanec-Gionta going head to head with other teams best lines. Armstrong-Prust-White as a 4th line. This would give the Habs 3 potential scoring lines, like the rival Bruins. He would, of course, have to win the job over Gallagher, Palushaj, Blunden, but I expect him to be ready. Worried though that the overpaid Gomez will take his roster spot...when he should be bought out, for heaven's sake!

voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post

and when you look at their USHL/NCAA/AHL 1st seasons, point production is pretty similar...

of course they played in different leagues in the NCAA (though MaxPac had much more talent on his team), and in the AHL, Max played next to DD who was vastly superior to anyone LL played with.

in the end, what matters most is how much he progresses individually over the next 2-3 seasons, much like MaxPac made huge strides in his first few years as a pro... LL has the skill, and it appears that he has the attitude/work ethic. Now all he needs is a bit of injury luck, and the right kind of opportunities/challenges to keep him pushing out of his comfort zones.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote