HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART III)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 04:26 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
If Parise isn't a superstar, Ryan And Nash are scrubs.

Some serious underrating of Parise going on...the guy comes back from a debilitating knee injury and puts up 70 points? After 2 years of 80+ points?

Nash wishes he could hold Parise's jock strap.

Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Parise was the only devil i liked. I respect the way he plays the game. He plays it clean doesnt cheapshot players. Doesnt cheapshot after the whistle. He plays a lot callahan but is more talented. How could you not want him on your team? Because he is going to get his pay day? Good for him he deserves it. He can score 30. He has done it on devils teams that either were defensive minded or with less talent around him than the penguins and even the rangers.
And that goal he scored to put the gold medal game into OT.

GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I'm trying to figure out why a guy who's a multi-millionaire would want to leave the NYC area.

He should just re-sign

Old
Lundsanity30

On one hand, the press conference to announce you need more time does seem like a me first attitude, on the other hand, it also lets the fans know. Would you rather him just keep to his self and decide where he wants to play even if its in 2 weeks and we know nothing? you guys would flip out

Old
07-02-2012, 04:27 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
So he shouldn't give a **** about his own career because he might just be holding a few people up a bit longer, got it. Makes total sense.
He knew exactly what teams were going to be interested in him (sans Chicago). He's had plenty of time to make a decision. The money is most likely going to be in the same range so he should have had a pretty good idea where he wanted to go. He's had 2+ weeks to do his research already.

At least if he's going to take his time do so like Ryan Suter (QUIETLY). Don't call some pointless ass press conference for nothing.

07-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

So what was the unforeseen circumstance? Parise said yesterday that his decision was practically made up, unless something unforeseen happened. I wonder what it could be.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:28 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'll just add that he hasn't wasted my time.
Same here. I forgot Parise should care if he is holding up other teams/players plans.

Old
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Because there's a throng of media at his agency's offices waiting to hear from something. Just leaving for the day without saying anything would be pretty dickish.

It's not Parise's fault the media have swarmed him in order to be the first to break the news. He didn't invite them there. People really need to get off his nuts.
In today's world with Twitter it's really just a matter of seconds that can determine who is the first to break the news of a huge signing.

Makes me long for the good old days when I got my free agent signing news once a day when I used to wake up every morning in early July and grab the newspaper just to skip straight to the small transactions column in the sports section to see who signed where.

Old
Trxjw
Bored.

I think what's frustrating people is not that Parise is taking his time to decide, it's the fact that his decision is holding up just about everything else. It's almost kind of scary to think about how much is riding on his choice.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
He could take 2 months to make the decision if he wants. But if he called people int he media together every evening to say; "Nope, nothing new today" some people might start to think he was being a pain.

I'm not going to simply overlook something he does that is off because the kid is 'merican

Old
07-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Lundsanity30

Parise shouldn't hold up other players either. They are talented enough to get a good contract without piggy backing off the top free agent on the market. Thats an excuse, other players dont HAVE to wait for Parise, they chose to.

Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
It's not like making a decision that affects the next 7-10 years of your life is hard or anything, what's the hold-up?

Seriously guys, how often do you make snap decisions that are as major as this?
If I had major companies gunning to hire me and I told them I'll give them a decision tomorrow, an equivalent of me showing-up the next day just to say I still haven't made my decision, those companies would make the decision easier for me: They'd say "the hell with you."

Is it so ****ing hard to say I need to mull things over and stay pat before making a decision?!

Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
So what was the unforeseen circumstance? Parise said yesterday that his decision was practically made up, unless something unforeseen happened. I wonder what it could be.
I'm still down with the zombie apocalypse being upon us.

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
He knew exactly what teams were going to be interested in him (sans Chicago). He's had plenty of time to make a decision. The money is most likely going to be in the same range so he should have had a pretty good idea where he wanted to go. He's had 2+ weeks to do his research already.

At least if he's going to take his time do so like Ryan Suter (QUIETLY). Don't call some pointless ass press conference for nothing.
He's about to sign a life long contract. Last one of his career probably. Yeah he should rush his decision because some rangers fan is impatient

Old
07-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
It was July 2nd in the morning. 10 or 11 am.
And yet I can clearly remember people on this section giving him **** because that was still too long for their liking. Absolutely unbelievable, it's been over one ****ing day. Talk to me when it gets past two months (like baseball).

Old
07-02-2012, 04:30 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

My problem with Parise isn't his play style. He's a good player, not worth 8 mill a year but that's a different story. He should go about this whole process quietly. I respect how Suter is going about this. There's no need forgim to hold a press conference to say he needs more time. Nobody gives a ****. Get out of the spotlight and make a decision. When you've made a decision reappear in the spot light.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Lundsanity30

hi mike

Old
ltrangerfan

Oh how work interferes with this site... but...

I Can't wait to see the numbers on Parise....

Will the Rangers sign any real difference maker without overpaying?

Reading the blogs .. the rangers seem to be the most likely/if only destination for Nash. Everyone has an agenda. Boy, it seems likely that camp CBJ is pushing the story in order to pressure moves from other teams. With the risk of being wrong any minute ... my gut tells me Nash isn't coming to NYC except as a visiting player.

Speaking of Nash & Suter.

Does anyone have a guess, as to what each player's contract would be (for a 6 yr deal ) if they were free agents?

Old
Lundsanity30

I'd HATE to see some people's reactions in here if this was a baseball forum and they were expecting the top free agent to sign...

Old
07-02-2012, 04:32 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Rangers jump in last minute and sign Parise.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
He's about to sign a life long contract. Last one of his career probably. Yeah he should rush his decision because some rangers fan is impatient
Where did I say rush. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I said he's had plenty of time to mull over his potential destinations. All the contracts ares basically going to be the same. To into free agency and have a plan.

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
My problem with Parise isn't his play style. He's a good player, not worth 8 mill a year but that's a different story. He should go about this whole process quietly. I respect how Suter is going about this. There's no need forgim to hold a press conference to say he needs more time. Nobody gives a ****. Get out of the spotlight and make a decision. When you've made a decision reappear in the spot light.
This is just untrue, though. I agree that it's odd to call a press conference to do this, but I bet the media is pestering him and/or his agents to the point where he had to do something like this, or he's sick of all the false speculation and wants to put it to rest, etc. There are a LOT of people that care.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:33 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
If I had major companies gunning to hire me and I told them I'll give them a decision tomorrow, an equivalent of me showing-up the next day just to say I still haven't made my decision, those companies would make the decision easier for me: They'd say "the hell with you."

Is it so ****ing hard to say I need to mull things over and stay pat before making a decision?!
No, if you had multiple companies gunning for you, that indicates that you're worth gunning for and they'd be even more likely to try and entice you. One day would not make or break anything. They'd probably be more likely to try and entice you than to back off in the slightest.

Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Rangers jump in last minute and sign Parise.
That piece of garbage?

Old
jas
Unsatisfied

I've got an idea...how about a simple press release saying nothing's been decided...simple, to the point, and none of the "look at me, I might have something important to say". These guys are in the PR business. Which is likely to be more disruptive - a press release or a potential press conference?

Closed Thread