HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART III)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
The animosity I have towards Parise is because he's preventing several teams from making other moves. Speculation on my part but its what normally happens
The GMS are dumb for waiting on Parise. if he wont sign with your team, then move on, why wait GMS should just worry about their own team and not what other teams do

Old
07-02-2012, 04:43 PM
broadwayblue

Some of you are out there. He's a UFA and can sign with whoever he wants whenever he wants. If he waits a month and becomes less of a desirable commodity as a result, well that's his problem. It's not his job to worry about what moves teams make or whether he's preventing others from signing their own contracts. Really, his only responsibility is to himself. Everything else, is secondary.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:44 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Theres another interesting conspiracy theory. Parise is going to sign with 1 of 3 or 4 teams for 8-12 years with numbers approaching $100M. Remind me how this effects the Rangers and their pursuit of people who are already under contract?
I was being sarcastic.

The Parise contract does affect the rangers. Howson has been waiting all along for Parise to sign. He really believes teams who dont get parise will panic and overpay for Nash. Same thing with Ryan.

It shouldnt hold the rangers up if they are not in on parise. They should go after a Doan.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:45 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

LOL Creme Brule support!

Sather loves former top-5 picks.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
what a joke. a ****ing tweet would have been enough but he had a press conference like he had something important to announce?
Id venture to say he briefly spoke to a throng of reporters stationed outside his agent's offices looking for the latest info.

I think too many people are thinking a chair and table were set up with dozens upon dozens of cameras when they hear a "press conference."

Leads to mindless stuff like Parise thinking hes "a God."

Personally he hasnt wasted a second of my time, and I actually appreciate an update on his situation.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Just stop man. Youre reasoning is getting weaker and weaker. Picking at straws. You just want to hate him.
I don't hate Parise. I respect him immensely as a player, he's a very good player. Whether he deserves what he's getting is another argument I don't care to get into. It's a **** move to call a press conference for no reason at all. If you don't see it that way well then that's your beef, but I'm allowed to state that I don't like what a player is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Did he waste your time? This is all much ado about nothing.
No he didn't waste my time at all. He did waste the time of the people that gathered there for nothing. I don't care he wasted their time. Again I don't think he deserves to have a press conference to announce nothing.

07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

As far as I'm concerned he can take as much time as he needs. This is a huge life decision.

But say that you need more time through a leak from your agent or at most a press release. Don't hold court, that is obnoxious.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
I kid.
Yeah thats it..Sorry, bogus info...No chance in hell Calgary is an option.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:47 PM
WPGNYRFan

Quote:
Id venture to say he briefly spoke to a throng of reporters stationed outside his agent's offices looking for the latest info.

I think too many people are thinking a chair and table were set up with dozens upon dozens of cameras when they hear a "press conference."

Leads to mindless stuff Parise thinking hes "a God."

Personally he hasnt wasted a second of my time, and I actually appreciate an update on his situation.
And if it was a full chair and table PC and I didn't think it was necessary, I'd shrug and say something like "ok, whatever...".

I certainly would be bursting blood vessels over it.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:48 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Also we have to squash this idea that Parise isn't that great. He's Cally, if Cally could score 80 points. He's a great player. He'll probably never score 90 points again and isn't worth the monster contract that all UFA's get, but neither is anybody really because these contracts are ****ing stupid.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind Brule either. Another low risk(signing wise, that is- risk is decent injury wise), medium reward kinda guy.

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I don't hate Parise. I respect him immensely as a player, he's a very good player. Whether he deserves what he's getting is another argument I don't care to get into. It's a **** move to call a press conference for no reason at all. If you don't see it that way well then that's your beef, but I'm allowed to state that I don't like what a player is doing.

No he didn't waste my time at all. He did waste the time of the people that gathered there for nothing. I don't care he wasted their time. Again I don't think he deserves to have a press conference to announce nothing.
But if he doesn't say anything he gets ripped by the media for not being informative. He shouldnt have called the presser but i cant blame him for it.

Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
The GMS are dumb for waiting on Parise. if he wont sign with your team, then move on, why wait GMS should just worry about their own team and not what other teams do
Its not just that. Teams are waiting for Parise the set the market for whatever players are remaining. He's the star of a weak UFA class but teams want him signed anywhere so they can move on with contingiencies.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Some of you are out there. He's a UFA and can sign with whoever he wants whenever he wants. If he waits a month and becomes less of a desirable commodity as a result, well that's his problem. It's not his job to worry about what moves teams make or whether he's preventing others from signing their own contracts. Really, his only responsibility is to himself. Everything else, is secondary.
More power to him. I'd be perfectly fine taking his time as long as he does it quietly and to himself. Send out a tweet update at most to give and update.

Old
Grumpy Humphrey

I hope he stubs his toe for this

Old
07-02-2012, 04:49 PM
WPGNYRFan

Quote:
I don't think the Rangers made an offer.

I don't want anything to do with him he can go playing in the KHL for all I care. Untalented waste of cap space.
Quote:
I don't hate Parise. I respect him immensely as a player, he's a very good player.
Um....

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
I hope he stubs his toe for this
...AFTER he signs with the Devils for 20 years, 30,000,000 dollars per year. And I hope it's one of those really bad stubs so he only ever scores 50 points.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
But if he doesn't say anything he gets ripped by the media for not being informative. He shouldnt have called the presser but i cant blame him for it.
That's my beef. He shouldn't have called a pressed. If he wanted to give us an update send out a tweet or let Bobby Mac or Dreger know. That's it. I don't hate the player, I hate the move.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:51 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I think the Schultz decision and now this have worn some people out.

Don't take it so seriously. Your team, the Rangers, will be good next year no matter where these attractive free agents sign. Feel good that the franchise's automatic response to every weakness is no longer throwing the most money at the biggest name.

Though they still do that, from time to time.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Um....
Cool, you caught me in a moment of anger. For those of you that have seen me post for a while I have never said anything bad about the guy. I always thought he was a very good player. I let me frautration out for a stupid move he did and let him rip in one post, I guess that defines my whole body of work. You win.

Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Ott for Roy done

Old
07-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
I think the Schultz decision and now this have worn some people out.

Don't take it so seriously. Your team, the Rangers, will be good next year no matter where these attractive free agents sign. Feel good that the franchise's automatic response to every crisis is no longer throwing the most money at the biggest name.

Though they still do that, from time to time.
Dont try to inject patience and level-headedness into this.

It goes against nearly all the principles of this board!

Old
07-02-2012, 04:53 PM
WPGNYRFan

Quote:
Cool, you caught me in a moment of anger. For those of you that have seen me post for a while I have never said anything bad about the guy. I always thought he was a very good player. I let me frautration out for a stupid move he did and let him rip in one post, I guess that defines my whole body of work. You win.
Sweet, do I get a prize?

Yeah, I've done posts like that too, I know what you mean. Sometimes I should have a time delay between typing stuff out and being able to submit it.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:53 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Leads to mindless stuff Parise thinking hes "a God."

That's where I disagree...I don't need an update of his situation, anymore than I need one of Semin, Jagr or even Mueller. Nothing's happened, until something does, then there's the update. Instead, we get mindless speculation, and a coronation of the Pens because, OMIGOD he's going there. I don't need a Parise update unless it's a signing. Have your press conference when you've actually signed a contract. Shut up until then.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:54 PM
MessierIsGod

Thank god we drafted Hugh jessiman instead of Parise; otherwise, we'd really be sweatin'

Old
07-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Ott for Roy done
and of course no link is needed

Closed Thread