HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers sign Cullen Eddy

Old
07-02-2012, 05:03 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
I'm not sure if he's supposed to be a killing machine or just to drive female fans into a frenzy and clog the ice. If he can read minds I would gladly play him all 60 mins or as a goalie. Universe that.
i'd imagine a quart of deer blood before each game would allow him to shoot the puck THROUGH goaltenders, and fly from one end to the other in a blur. we should just trade our whole team. cullen is it.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 05:03 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

woo.

free agency frenzy...

woo.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Kinda surprised by this move. Eddy is a nice guy and I'm happy for him. But I'm shocked he got an NHL contract. He's got good offensive awareness and a solid shot, but based off what I saw his defensive game sub-par even at the minor league level.

Good luck to him though.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:57 PM
turkinaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
i'd imagine a quart of deer blood before each game would allow him to shoot the puck THROUGH goaltenders, and fly from one end to the other in a blur. we should just trade our whole team. cullen is it.
Just pay him enough to hit the salary cap floor and we're golden for cap issues forever. Cups ever year forever.

This signing is the best of all time ever.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:24 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Well, I guess those contract slots don't mean a thing. There is no limit, right?
There shouldn't be a problem with contract space this year. I think we're at 45 with the Eddy signing (assuming Cousins and Mathers will slide, and all the rfa's will return). There shouldn't be the need for any Akeson+6th for future consideration trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I know last year when he was sent down to the ECHL, McManus said he was outplaying most of the Phantoms but was sent down strictly because most of them had NHL contracts and he did not. According to his tweets Cullen is a great team guy and was very well liked by Paterson.

I don't remember much about him from the Phantoms games I watched but I guess thats a good thing
Heart and soul type of guy from what I gather. Stands up for his teammates despite not being all that big (as far as professional hockey goes at least). I'm a little bit surprised they did this though, since we're already having quite a few defenders under contract who will play with the Phantoms. I'd have thought they'd given a spot to Roe after the way he played last year, small as he is he was pretty solid and seemed to have some chemistry with Akeson.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:28 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
There shouldn't be a problem with contract space this year. I think we're at 45 with the Eddy signing (assuming Cousins and Mathers will slide, and all the rfa's will return). There shouldn't be the need for any Akeson+6th for future consideration trade.

Heart and soul type of guy from what I gather. Stands up for his teammates despite not being all that big (as far as professional hockey goes at least). I'm a little bit surprised they did this though, since we're already having quite a few defenders under contract who will play with the Phantoms. I'd have thought they'd given a spot to Roe after the way he played last year, small as he is he was pretty solid and seemed to have some chemistry with Akeson.
I think Garrett will have a long and successful AHL career. He strikes me as one of those guys who always be near th top of the team in scoring but will never make the NHL jump.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:32 AM
kicksave27

But since it's his ELC he's not waiver eligible right?

I'm not sure waivers is really the best thing for players, look at barts situation last year. You sign a guy to a reasonable contract, but then you are afraid to send to him down to work on his game in the A because a team might claim him, so the guy rots in the press box for months at a time. They could do it kinda like baseball, if you send a guy to the A and he accepts it, he goes, no problem. If he doesn't he then has to pass waivers. For vets over X age with big money deals in A like redden. They don't accept going to the A and then become a FA, off the teams cap.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:36 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I think Garrett will have a long and successful AHL career. He strikes me as one of those guys who always be near th top of the team in scoring but will never make the NHL jump.
Yeah, I don't expect him to play for the Flyers either, but I wouldn't have minded giving him an NHL contract to stay with the Phantoms. He might of course still stay on another AHL contract.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:23 PM
bp spec

vCash: 253
Eddy rocks the best flow and beard on the Phantoms. That's always something.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote