HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Free Agency Frenzy -- 2012 Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2012, 04:42 PM
  #976
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,479
vCash: 5500
I don't blame them for taking their time, it's their right, and it's not their fault that hoards of rumor mongers, reporters, fans, etc. stake out on the web, or wherever, but don't in the same breath act like the process just started yesterday. These guys knew they would get monster offers close to if not over $100M. Yeah, they're human beings and need to think about it, I'm sure it hasn't crossed their minds over the last year.

GKJ is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:43 PM
  #977
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I assume this was mentioned earlier, but...


http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Tim-P...-Money/2/45379
The part about Bryz is even more interesting.

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:43 PM
  #978
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
I don't understand guys not wanting to play in a different conference. It's not 1963 and guys have to pick between the NFL and AFL.

Mgkibbles is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:44 PM
  #979
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
The part about Bryz is even more interesting.
Yup. You're right. I missed that the first time.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:44 PM
  #980
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion
 
Brostradamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dub C
Country: United States
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
According to Parise's agent, Wade Arnott, a decision might still be announced tonight. If not, then tomorrow.
...lol TROLOLOLOL

Brostradamus is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:45 PM
  #981
feedingschennzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
I think we're in the final
Category. I can verify that we are pushing very very hard and he is listening more than some think

feedingschennzy is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
  #982
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
The part about Bryz is even more interesting.
Haha so Bryz's bad contract acts as a dreamcatcher for other bad contracts.

Mgkibbles is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
  #983
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,310
vCash: 500
I am just pleased to see the Flyers have signed no one. I actually wanted Hedberg, but otherwise, I'd be fine going into next season with the roster we have.

Pantokrator is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:47 PM
  #984
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
I don't understand guys not wanting to play in a different conference. It's not 1963 and guys have to pick between the NFL and AFL.
Doesn't want to play in the East. It's a different lifestyle over here compared to the rest of the country.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:50 PM
  #985
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I am just pleased to see the Flyers have signed no one. I actually wanted Hedberg, but otherwise, I'd be fine going into next season with the roster we have.
You are correct....b/c Leighton is definitely a nobody....

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:53 PM
  #986
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Doesn't want to play in the East. It's a different lifestyle over here compared to the rest of the country.
Let him go to the West and enjoy depression-like economic inactivity..especially in Detroit.

Anyway, they have a right to preference as much as it's annoying. I mean we got dissed by Hamhuis who preferred the West...nothing new.

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:54 PM
  #987
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I am just pleased to see the Flyers have signed no one. I actually wanted Hedberg, but otherwise, I'd be fine going into next season with the roster we have.
Dude, you don't wanna piss Cullen Eddy off.

mercury is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:55 PM
  #988
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,804
vCash: 500
Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika
Quote:
Stars get Derek Roy from Buffalo in trade for Steve Ott and Adam Pardy. There is your top-six center to take Ribeiro’s place.
Heika is the Stars beat writer for the Dallas Morning News

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:55 PM
  #989
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
You gotta figure his mind is pulled in 3 directions. Loyalty, home, and money. Does he stay loyal to the organization that brought him to the NHL, does he play for his hometown team and stay close to his family or does he take the most money he can get. That's 3 big options especially if they are decade long desicions.


Also if the flyers were out of the running don't you think his agent would have told them by now? Philly does have a lot to offer as far as being a part of something special. I'd be tempted to play here on giroux's wing with guys like schenn and Couturier growing behind me. I'd want to make sure that stays intact tho. Id hate to sign here for 13 years and Holmgren blow the whole team up two days later. I'd be pissed

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:56 PM
  #990
IceHot
Registered User
 
IceHot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Redneck Riviera
Country: United States
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
playing in the East

Playing in the East takes a tougher toll on the body and stats, I guess they figure they can last longer and look better playing the other conference.

IceHot is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 04:56 PM
  #991
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
You gotta figure his mind is pulled in 3 directions. Loyalty, home, and money. Does he stay loyal to the organization that brought him to the NHL, does he play for his hometown team and stay close to his family or does he take the most money he can get. That's 3 big options especially if they are decade long desicions.


Also if the flyers were out of the running don't you think his agent would have told them by now? Philly does have a lot to offer as far as being a part of something special. I'd be tempted to play here on giroux's wing with guys like schenn and Couturier growing behind me. I'd want to make sure that stays intact tho. Id hate to sign here for 13 years and Holmgren blow the whole team up two days later. I'd be pissed
Add "Do I want to be a rival with my best friend in Crosby for the rest of my career?"

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:00 PM
  #992
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,798
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika


Heika is the Stars beat writer for the Dallas Morning News
Dallas is making a lot of good moves. Watch them go get Doan now too.

PALE PWNR is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
  #993
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Dallas is making a lot of good moves. Watch them go get Doan now too.
Would also seem to compromise Buffalo's efforts to get Bobby Ryan...

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:02 PM
  #994
Mota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 989
vCash: 500
I really think Homer is the reason a decision hasnt been made yet for Parise and maybe even Suter.

Think about it. If the reports are true that the Flyers have offered both of them as much as a 100 million, that could be the curve ball out of this that they were not expecting.

All of a sudden, both have the option of going to the same team and getting possibly 20-30 million more than they were expecting. It has to be tempting.

I feel like if Parise was as set on going to Pitt as everyone seemed to believe, he would have signed there yesterday. Something is complicating his decision, and I think its us.

Funny though, no one seems to think the Flyers have any chance of signing either...

Mota is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:03 PM
  #995
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion
 
Brostradamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dub C
Country: United States
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
So does this take Buffalo out of the Bobby Ryan equation after moving Roy? I thought I had read that he was who Anaheim was interested in at the center of a deal between the two teams.

Brostradamus is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:04 PM
  #996
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,468
vCash: 500
Sabres just got Ott.

My hate is rising back up for them.

Its reaching 95-96 level.

Alchemy is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:04 PM
  #997
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
The part about Bryz is even more interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Yup. You're right. I missed that the first time.
Very disconcerting.

Amateur Hour is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:07 PM
  #998
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,798
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I really think Homer is the reason a decision hasnt been made yet for Parise and maybe even Suter.

Think about it. If the reports are true that the Flyers have offered both of them as much as a 100 million, that could be the curve ball out of this that they were not expecting.

All of a sudden, both have the option of going to the same team and getting possibly 20-30 million more than they were expecting. It has to be tempting.

I feel like if Parise was as set on going to Pitt as everyone seemed to believe, he would have signed there yesterday. Something is complicating his decision, and I think its us.

Funny though, no one seems to think the Flyers have any chance of signing either...
I think so as well, I don't think either really were thinking about Philly at all, but when they got offered what they did it really made them think. And I think they are blowing other teams offers out of the water too. While it does scare me on one hand the possibility of landing both and going balls out to win right now is wonderful. To be honest I don't care about the cap stuff, if it gets us a cup I'm down for anything. We have money to spend and if theres anything homer knows how to do it's letting 2nd round picks and cap space burn a hole in his pocket.

PALE PWNR is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
  #999
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,479
vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Very disconcerting.
Hilarious considering the person that wanted Bryz the most was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Sabres just got Ott.

My hate is rising back up for them.

Its reaching 95-96 level.
Par for the course for Buffalo. They're still not close to the Cup.

GKJ is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:13 PM
  #1000
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,468
vCash: 500
After the trash Derek Morris and other coyotes players were talking about Bryz i wouldn't be surprised if he has a bad reputation among the players in the league. Guy is a big personality. It could rub some people the wrong way and others might embrace it.

Alchemy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.