HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Still Random After All These Years... (RTOTD v.2)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
For making up rumors to get hits, Eklund is awared 1.5 classless Subbans

For attacking Eklund out of nowhere, much to our enjoyment, Dreger is awared a bakers dozen of classless Subbans.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:28 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I'm not sure how he attacked Eklund unless you're referring to something other than the tweet where Dreger said that Toronto isn't in on Nash. I mean, Eklund did post something on hockeybuzz titled "Was JVR last piece Leafs needed to make run at Nash? (E4)". If that wasn't posting something just to get hits, I don't know what is, and what Dreger said wasn't really all that bad.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm not sure how he attacked Eklund unless you're referring to something other than the tweet where Dreger said that Toronto isn't in on Nash. I mean, Eklund did post something on hockeybuzz titled "Was JVR last piece Leafs needed to make run at Nash? (E4)". If that wasn't posting something just to get hits, I don't know what is, and what Dreger said wasn't really all that bad.
I just wanted an excuse to post the baker's dozen of classless Subbans

I mean, Dreger didn't have to tweet that at Eklund, he could have just said "Despite rumors, Toronto isnt in on Nash" without the @Eklund. I'm glad he did though, teach that guy a lesson.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:35 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Haha yeah after I posted that I thought, "I bet he just wanted to use the classless Subban pictures."

I agree. If Eklund wants to play with the big boys he needs to take some heat for his crap.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Haha yeah after I posted that I thought, "I bet he just wanted to use the classless Subban pictures."

I agree. If Eklund wants to play with the big boys he needs to take some heat for his crap.
For the record, I think Ek has a few (just a few) legitimate sources, probably agents trying to drum up interest for their clients. I think probably 20% of his rumors are actually from sources, 60% is speculation, like any of us can do, and the other 20% is just made up bull to draw more hits. The hard part is figuring out what is what.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:51 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Wow...Dreger is intent on showing up Eklund:

Quote:
@Eklund

Was just told Florida is OUT on Luongo. They had interest but grew tired of the Canucks demands and are moving on. (e4)
Quote:
@DarrenDreger

@Eklund. Sorry pal. Just talked to Dale Tallon and he says nothing has changed. Still talking with Van. Nothing imminent. High price.
Quote:
@wyshynski

One day, we will tell our children in hushed tones that we witnessed the great @DarrenDreger and @Eklund Debunking Wars.
Quote:
@DarrenDreger

@wyshynski @Eklund. Not intentional, but, certain topics fall into our wheelhouse. No disrespect meant.
LOL @ Puck Daddy.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:53 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
dreger making himself look small....

Old
07-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
dreger making himself look small....
Agreed. I don't mind him saying "Nothing new on the Florida front", but calling out Ek is a little immature.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:58 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I think a lot of serious hockey journalists are sick of Eklund's style, and Dreger is the one with the stones to call him out on it.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:17 PM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
I think a lot of serious hockey journalists are sick of Eklund's style, and Dreger is the one with the stones to call him out on it.
ill make my comparison again... you wouldnt imagine the WaPo or NYT or USA Today calling out the Enquirer because they justarent on the same level...

by wading into the muck Dreger reduces himself to a mere rumormongerer himself rather than a journalist...

Old
07-02-2012, 02:29 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Twitter is changing the definition of journalist. Probably for the worst. I'll admit I just don't like Eklund, and it makes me happy that he is being called out. It might not make Dreger look good, but I only read anything Dreger writes a couple of times per year anyway. Bobby Mac is my guy (though I do think it was hi-freakin'-larious that one time Bob McKenzie called some HF posters "assclowns" in a thread where people were attacking Dreger)

Old
07-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
I'm glad Dreger called him out as well, tired of his "insider knowledge" or that he claims he knows **** when in reality he knows just about as much as you or I or any real 9-5 guy not in the sports reporting business.

Old
07-02-2012, 05:37 PM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Twitter is changing the definition of journalist. Probably for the worst. I'll admit I just don't like Eklund, and it makes me happy that he is being called out. It might not make Dreger look good, but I only read anything Dreger writes a couple of times per year anyway. Bobby Mac is my guy (though I do think it was hi-freakin'-larious that one time Bob McKenzie called some HF posters "assclowns" in a thread where people were attacking Dreger)
are you saying McKenzie posts here? if so could you post the link to that thread?

but my point is Dreger is giving Ek too much free exposure and worse yet(for Dreger) he's coming off kinda childish while doing it...

its like the star football player kicking the crap out of the waterboy because the waterboy was acting like he knew something about football... doesnt prove anything everybody didnt already know but probably generates some sympathy for the waterboy..

Old
07-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
are you saying McKenzie posts here? if so could you post the link to that thread?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...2#post12857432

Old
07-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Paincakes

So I rented NHL 12 and have been playing it for about the past 2 hours. I was so obsessed with reaching free agency that I simmed through the entire season (Missed playoffs, 34 wins, owners were pissed). I did stop to work the draft, at which I napped Yakupov in round 2, Galchenyuk and Murray in round 4, and "Brian Nugent-Hopkins" from North Korea in round 5 . I get to free agency, tender QO's to all desirable RFAs (even Niclas Bergfors who somehow put up decent numbers all season) sign Weber and Suter to 8 years deals (the max) north of 8.5 mil each, sign Shane Doan to a 2 year contract at 4.5/yr. I scroll through my goalies and notice I only have one, Chet ****ing Picard. Suddenly I remember that I completely forgot to sign Rinne during the season. Frantically I searched through the roster to see if I somehow just overlooked him and he would still be there waiting for a contract. He walked to TB on a 1 year contract. Game=off.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:53 AM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
thats pretty awesome. I remember there was a time when Pete Weber was posting on the Preds website board

Old
07-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paincakes View Post
So I rented NHL 12 and have been playing it for about the past 2 hours. I was so obsessed with reaching free agency that I simmed through the entire season (Missed playoffs, 34 wins, owners were pissed). I did stop to work the draft, at which I napped Yakupov in round 2, Galchenyuk and Murray in round 4, and "Brian Nugent-Hopkins" from North Korea in round 5 . I get to free agency, tender QO's to all desirable RFAs (even Niclas Bergfors who somehow put up decent numbers all season) sign Weber and Suter to 8 years deals (the max) north of 8.5 mil each, sign Shane Doan to a 2 year contract at 4.5/yr. I scroll through my goalies and notice I only have one, Chet ****ing Picard. Suddenly I remember that I completely forgot to sign Rinne during the season. Frantically I searched through the roster to see if I somehow just overlooked him and he would still be there waiting for a contract. He walked to TB on a 1 year contract. Game=off.
lol

Old
07-03-2012, 07:57 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paincakes View Post
I have done the same thing, and I had the same reaction.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:10 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
thats pretty awesome. I remember there was a time when Pete Weber was posting on the Preds website board
During the Thrashers fiasco last year (), Mirtle would come in the Thrashers forum and discuss the rumors and Atlanta market with us. He was really cool about it, even if we did have many disagreements.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:09 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
I have done the same thing, and I had the same reaction.
Once I had a STACKED team. No cap. A bunch of created players (myself included, of course). This team went 81-1-0 once and I simulated the entire season. Just ridiculously stacked.

Anyway, I was playing kind of tipsy one night (read: drunk), and I had previously saved it before the Cup clinching game. I played that game, won my fourth or fifth Cup in a row, and it went to the off season. I saved just in case I messed something up, and proceeded. Went through the draft. Had a decent class. Signed all of my RFAs and UFAs before July 1 opened. Got to July 1 and plugged a couple of holes on the fourth line and third pairing. Saved again.

Started the next season, and I noticed that I was no longer on the team. I forgot to sign myself, and I saved

The team was still a 99 overall, but I'll be damned if I wasn't going to be leading the league in scoring as a Predator anymore.

Dynasty abandoned

Old
07-03-2012, 11:57 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

One remembrance of the summer of suck. #Wade #locomotiv #thrashers

Old
07-03-2012, 11:58 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
How's the weather down in Tennessee? If it's below 95, I'm coming down.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
How's the weather down in Tennessee? If it's below 95, I'm coming down.
it's 95 right now at 12 noon

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/nas...ecast/16166_pc

Old
07-03-2012, 01:00 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Says 100F on my phone right now

Old
07-04-2012, 10:45 AM
headsigh
leave at once!